Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,065 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? (26298 Views)

8 Important Things We Can Do When We Pray As Christians. / Please Someone Should Teach Me How To Pray As Catholic / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by dammiedot(m): 10:04am On May 17, 2020
This is like asking me if I prefer to walk slowly, briskly or run....the most important thing is 'we move" grin

2 Likes

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by adadike(f): 10:04am On May 17, 2020
It depends. If you are under witch craft or demonic attack, my brother , forget calmness. Demons and witches are like violent mad people , if you don't show them you are more dangerous and violent, nna, forget , you are already a gonner.

2 Likes

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by airminem(f): 10:04am On May 17, 2020
As a human, you just need to comminicate reasonably in the best way posible. Even to animals, cars or to anything atall. wink Comminication is the KEY TO LIFE

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by StrikeBack(m): 10:04am On May 17, 2020
grin
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by TreasureTayo(m): 10:04am On May 17, 2020
kk
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Uyi168: 10:04am On May 17, 2020
Mountain of fire style..
Vigorous head shaking and violent style.. angry

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by miketayo(m): 10:05am On May 17, 2020
Y is violent there. Na fight
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by ephraim18(m): 10:05am On May 17, 2020
I think the most important thing here is your faith.It is your faith that produces results to your prayer.

You could pray at any 'wavelength'.

I concur with u... Any style u feel you are cool with u can add more glamore on it to be more effective

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by bewla(m): 10:05am On May 17, 2020
Tricky one here
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Nobody: 10:05am On May 17, 2020
hahn:
Praying in all forms is useless. Don't bother wasting your time
True. Trying to beat this wisdom into a religious person is like a sober person trying to make sense to a drunk. These people are drunk in willful ignorance.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by money121(m): 10:07am On May 17, 2020
Kk
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by ekensi01: 10:08am On May 17, 2020
John 4 vs 24
God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."

Whatever how you pray, let it go in line with this.

2 Likes

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by RuddyFusion(m): 10:08am On May 17, 2020
akinjojo1234:
Calm is best. Just check out the pictures: the western nations pray calmly, see how developed they are. While the Africans (Nigerians in particular) pray aggressively, see how backward and impoverished Africans are cheesy

This is funny
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Marshalemmy(m): 10:09am On May 17, 2020
Any how u pray, God is capable of hearing n come to your aid at the appointed time
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by miketayo(m): 10:10am On May 17, 2020
Pattypatt:
It depends on what you want from God. If you want protection from evil and to scartter the kingdom of darkness, aggressive prayer is perfect, then for your day to day operation, going in and coming out, calm prayer is okay.

Too much movies. Jesus was calm in all his prayers.
I m not saying aggressive prayers won't work, but save some energy.

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Zino990(m): 10:11am On May 17, 2020
As a Christian, Muslim, Buddhist.. etc
It doesn’t matter cuz we are primarily praying to the same universal source that governs the universe...
all that matters in prayer are your taught and emotions and what’s in your heart,
You don’t need to be aggressive or what ever,
U can be silent and just meditate and your prayers will be answered... all that matters is the signal our hearts broadcast into the universe... that’s the only thing that matters in prayer
Thank me later for this secret

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by BonPatrick(m): 10:11am On May 17, 2020
For me I am always aggressive
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by scoundrel(f): 10:12am On May 17, 2020
Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian?
Yes.
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by joshjc(m): 10:12am On May 17, 2020
Pray according to how our lord Jesus Christ commanded:Matt 6:5-:When you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites, for
they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and in the
corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men.

And like Daniel,lock your doors and windows and pray to God peacefully,it's not by shouting so that everyone one will know you are praying,

Jesus Christ did not shout at the storm when he's disciplines were panicking, the only word he said was be still,

The most important thing is your faith and trust in God

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Marshalemmy(m): 10:12am On May 17, 2020
As God understand every n any kind language, na so him go answer any kind prayer directed to him

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Geesaintagape: 10:13am On May 17, 2020
Which one is aggressive?
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by AFONJACOW(m): 10:14am On May 17, 2020
Lemme go and ask Daddy Idaboski he knows better
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Oromwos: 10:14am On May 17, 2020
Depends on ur case oh! Hmmm
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by saajus: 10:14am On May 17, 2020
Many Christians do things today without knowing the rationale behind it. Prayer is communication. Communication comes with emotions. Sometimes, you cry to express your feelings to your parents. Sometimes, you laugh to do it. Just let your communication be real with your Maker. David did that a lot. He always let God knows how he truly feels.
Most of our aggressive prayers style in this part of the world came from our traditional background. The likes of Prophet Babalola, Osofa are part of those that introduced those styles. "Call the name of Jesus 3x, Holy Ghost 7x, fire 14x, shout like dog hit by a car". As if you are calling someone who has a hearing impairment. No, God is "eleti lu kara bi ajere". To be honest, being aggressive in prayers help you to be more focus. You rarely think of your Amala at home if you are smashing your head at the wall like MFM members. If you are cool in prayers, the chance of many thoughts roaming around your mind is high. Some people have trained their minds properly and being silent in prayers won't affect focus.
Find your style but let the communication be 100% real. Don't put up a fake smile while you are sad. Don't be saying you are strong while you are truly weak. You can be saying positive words as always recommended by our so-called "Papas" just to help your psyche but when it is between you and your God, be real.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by DaddyGngeess(m): 10:14am On May 17, 2020
My brother pray with your faith, remember not all prayer request are been answer, there are some that will harm you and you will not know it and it will not be answered, talking from experience. Peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by AlhajaChinyere: 10:16am On May 17, 2020
akinjojo1234:
Calm is best. Just check out the pictures: the western nations pray calmly, see how developed they are. While the Africans (Nigerians in particular) pray aggressively, see how backward and impoverished Africans are cheesy

Anything Africa is always going to be foolish and senseless!

We are primitive and useless at the same time.

Brain dead stupid people.

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by ictplotter(m): 10:16am On May 17, 2020
Pattypatt:
It depends on what you want from God. If you want protection from evil and to scartter the kingdom of darkness, aggressive prayer is perfect, then for your day to day operation, going in and coming out, calm prayer is okay.
If am ur father and u use aggressive manner to request anything for me. I will never grant your request. As a bini man, I have never see anybody shouting at the oba all in the name of request for a favour. Not to talk the God almighty, God is not ur mate or deaf. God love silent and calmness and should be approach via that mean in time of request. Jesus manner of the Lord's prayer said it all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Gemineye: 10:17am On May 17, 2020
KingBaba1:
The scripture says the fervent prayer of the righteous availeth much, and this will want me to know the best way to pray according to the Bible and Christian belief.

1. We all know we are different type of human being and our approach to things differ alot.
We have the cool and calm beings, and also the stubborn and aggressive ones.

I see how pastor Adeboye preaches the gospel and pray in a cool and calm way and there are signs, wonders and testimony to that effect...

I also know some agressive preachers and prayer warriors like pastor Paul Adefarasin, N. duncan Williams and TD jakes.

Now, here is why i am writing this write up.

1. I sometimes feel i am too cool and calm in my prayers hence the delay or no answer i have in my prayer requests to the most high.

2. I believe in strategic form of prayer and i also do fast and pray when seeking the face of the lord on something... I don't usually think i am too cool or calm in prayers not until i started waiting endlessly for results.
If i am in a religious gathering, it depends on the leader of the prayer points and the prayer point itself that will determine my ginger and how aggressive i can be, but i don't see it going too hot or too cool.

3.what could be the delay of prayer request of somones need I feel satisfied inside of me when i pray in my own way and style. I don't really have privacy at the moment, and i am someone who really doesn't like people hearing my prayer point if it isn't in a religious gathering and general prayer.

I was born into Christianity and i served the lord in a church unit, but I will like to ask maybe there are ways i need to start praying that i don't know or practice for effective answers from the lord.

N. B. I know jehova witnesses don't pray loud or aggressive prayer, and i also know some other religious organization that doesn't do aggressive praying too.

So which one is which and how do one pray effective prayer with fasting without being aggressive
Your views and opinion will really help, and i will be more than delighted if u can do that with scripture references.

Thanks
i shall be a terror!!! that the kingdom of darkness shall fear
Everyone can never be preaching love
I'm not a man or preacher of love!!!

I'm a war!!!
I'm a fight!!
I'm Indaboski!!!
Bahose!!!
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by humilitypays(m): 10:17am On May 17, 2020
KingBaba1:
The scripture says the fervent prayer of the righteous availeth much, and this will want me to know the best way to pray according to the Bible and Christian belief.

1. We all know we are different type of human being and our approach to things differ alot.
We have the cool and calm beings, and also the stubborn and aggressive ones.

I see how pastor Adeboye preaches the gospel and pray in a cool and calm way and there are signs, wonders and testimony to that effect...

I also know some agressive preachers and prayer warriors like pastor Paul Adefarasin, N. duncan Williams and TD jakes.

Now, here is why i am writing this write up.

1. I sometimes feel i am too cool and calm in my prayers hence the delay or no answer i have in my prayer requests to the most high.

2. I believe in strategic form of prayer and i also do fast and pray when seeking the face of the lord on something... I don't usually think i am too cool or calm in prayers not until i started waiting endlessly for results.
If i am in a religious gathering, it depends on the leader of the prayer points and the prayer point itself that will determine my ginger and how aggressive i can be, but i don't see it going too hot or too cool.

3.what could be the delay of prayer request of somones need I feel satisfied inside of me when i pray in my own way and style. I don't really have privacy at the moment, and i am someone who really doesn't like people hearing my prayer point if it isn't in a religious gathering and general prayer.

I was born into Christianity and i served the lord in a church unit, but I will like to ask maybe there are ways i need to start praying that i don't know or practice for effective answers from the lord.

N. B. I know jehova witnesses don't pray loud or aggressive prayer, and i also know some other religious organization that doesn't do aggressive praying too.

So which one is which and how do one pray effective prayer with fasting without being aggressive
Your views and opinion will really help, and i will be more than delighted if u can do that with scripture references.

Thanks
it depends on the situation you are facing in life and your state of mind at that time.

When you lose your means of income and then your wife followed by your children in a space of few weeks, you won't know when you will start shouting in prayer.

Remember when Buhari was contesting and failing elections, he used to be aggressive, shouting in all newspaper and interview, but ever since he won President, to even talk to Nigerians he is ruling is a problem, he now forms Mr notalk grin

3 Likes

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Samuel1402(m): 10:17am On May 17, 2020
Mattew 6: 6-8. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

Where is aggressive prayer in the bible

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

No Prophecy About Election Postponement / Ifeoma Vivian Emeka: Born Again Burns Her Hair Extensions, "They Are Demonic" / Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.