Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? (26297 Views)

8 Important Things We Can Do When We Pray As Christians. / Please Someone Should Teach Me How To Pray As Catholic / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by MrPRevailer(m): 12:53pm On May 17, 2020
KingBaba1

Every Christian should engage in spiritual warfare against the powers of darkness who seek to destroy humanity. And such prayers are not quiet prayers. They are aggressive although not necessarily loud. But with power and holy anger. Some ministries call "Holyghost fire" in spiritual warfare or deliverance prayers.

Also, another moment you pray earnestly is when you pray for Mercy be it for you, your family or the world. Bible said "rend your hearts not your garments". "Weep and mourn". "Cry out unto the Lord"

Also Bible says "the kingdom suffereth violence and the violent take it by force". We are not violent with physical weapons as Bible also made in clear in 2 Corinthians 10:4 "the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds.
Jeremiah 51:29 "Though art my battle axe and weapons of war, with thee will I break nations."

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 17, 2020
KingBaba1:
The scripture says the fervent prayer of the righteous availeth much, and this will want me to know the best way to pray according to the Bible and Christian belief.

1. We all know we are different type of human being and our approach to things differ alot.
We have the cool and calm beings, and also the stubborn and aggressive ones.

I see how pastor Adeboye preaches the gospel and pray in a cool and calm way and there are signs, wonders and testimony to that effect...

I also know some agressive preachers and prayer warriors like pastor Paul Adefarasin, N. duncan Williams and TD jakes.

Now, here is why i am writing this write up.

1. I sometimes feel i am too cool and calm in my prayers hence the delay or no answer i have in my prayer requests to the most high.

2. I believe in strategic form of prayer and i also do fast and pray when seeking the face of the lord on something... I don't usually think i am too cool or calm in prayers not until i started waiting endlessly for results.
If i am in a religious gathering, it depends on the leader of the prayer points and the prayer point itself that will determine my ginger and how aggressive i can be, but i don't see it going too hot or too cool.

3.what could be the delay of prayer request of somones need I feel satisfied inside of me when i pray in my own way and style. I don't really have privacy at the moment, and i am someone who really doesn't like people hearing my prayer point if it isn't in a religious gathering and general prayer.

I was born into Christianity and i served the lord in a church unit, but I will like to ask maybe there are ways i need to start praying that i don't know or practice for effective answers from the lord.

N. B. I know jehova witnesses don't pray loud or aggressive prayer, and i also know some other religious organization that doesn't do aggressive praying too.

So which one is which and how do one pray effective prayer with fasting without being aggressive
Your views and opinion will really help, and i will be more than delighted if u can do that with scripture references.

Thanks

Prayer is in and from the heart, and not by your actions.
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by EngrEgghead: 12:54pm On May 17, 2020
donbachi:
Every challange with him own.
That's right. You might be praying on a low key but as you are engrossed in the prayer, your tone goes higher and you become aggressive and violent at some points.
That said, scripture says we should be fervent in prayer. Show fervency in prayer at all times.
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:56pm On May 17, 2020
may God save Us from the fires of hell, and lead us.
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 17, 2020
miketayo:

Too much movies. Jesus was calm in all his prayers.
I m not saying aggressive prayers won't work, but save some energy.

And yet his sweat was thick as blood. Please tell me when you've prayed calmly and sweated.
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 17, 2020
Prayer is typically talking to God. Will you be considered as normal talking to someone aggressively on top of your voice without provocation?
If I were God I do just slap anyone across the face talking to me aggressively.
Where in the Bible did Christ ever pray aggressively?
The right way is cool and calm. Even if your situation can't make you calm then pray with yearning in your spirit unless you and God na mate.
There were situations Christ couldn't have been calm and cool but he wasn't aggressive.

2 Likes

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by hahn(m): 1:01pm On May 17, 2020
Humanoid01:

You think this way because you are bitter. Paying attention to people like you is the actual waste of time.

Lol
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by gamyy(m): 1:05pm On May 17, 2020
personally, I feel that things have been mixed up so far

prayer is communication. we talk to God and we listen.

We should have to repeat ourselves like Jesus said
We shouldn't have to do it for show off
We should express our love, give thanks, make request and intercessions for others.

Doing all these as we focus on him, being sincere and truthful...emotions could come to play here, we could laugh or cry sometimes

But the other aspect is making use of our authority in Christ, where we cast demons and speak words to life.
Here, we are uncomfortable with our present situations which are not in line with his will/word.

When we are doing all these, we are no longer talking to God...its a different thing now

Jesus, would separate himself to go pray to God, receive power

In the day, he was busy doing good works, healing, casting out demons, giving thanks and glory to the father.

in conclusion, I think the real prayer is quite different from what we call prayer in out time...we do both at once now and say we are praying aka talking to God
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by miketayo(m): 1:06pm On May 17, 2020
Nooil:

And yet his sweat was thick as blood. Please tell me when you've prayed calmly and sweated.

Try kneeling for a while without doing anything, u would sweat continuously.
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by nurusystem(m): 1:06pm On May 17, 2020
calm like Islam do...
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by gamyy(m): 1:07pm On May 17, 2020
EngrEgghead:
That's right. You might be praying on a low key but as you are engrossed in the prayer, your tone goes higher and you become aggressive and violent at some points.
That said, scripture says we should be fervent in prayer. Show fervency in prayer at all times.

to be fervent is not to be aggressive

fervency has to do with being passionate
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by drmikeadams(m): 1:08pm On May 17, 2020
danyero:
True. Trying to beat this wisdom into a religious person is like a sober person trying to make sense to a drunk. These people are drunk in willful ignorance.
grin grin grin

Them go understand wit time
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by cray91(m): 1:09pm On May 17, 2020
No Best way! Just Go On your Pace and relate with your God The best way You Simply Can

God doesn't care or look at all those preferences we human consider

Your Faith is your christianity and Religion
KingBaba1:
The scripture says the fervent prayer of the righteous availeth much, and this will want me to know the best way to pray according to the Bible and Christian belief.

1. We all know we are different type of human being and our approach to things differ alot.
We have the cool and calm beings, and also the stubborn and aggressive ones.

I see how pastor Adeboye preaches the gospel and pray in a cool and calm way and there are signs, wonders and testimony to that effect...

I also know some agressive preachers and prayer warriors like pastor Paul Adefarasin, N. duncan Williams and TD jakes.

Now, here is why i am writing this write up.

1. I sometimes feel i am too cool and calm in my prayers hence the delay or no answer i have in my prayer requests to the most high.

2. I believe in strategic form of prayer and i also do fast and pray when seeking the face of the lord on something... I don't usually think i am too cool or calm in prayers not until i started waiting endlessly for results.
If i am in a religious gathering, it depends on the leader of the prayer points and the prayer point itself that will determine my ginger and how aggressive i can be, but i don't see it going too hot or too cool.

3.what could be the delay of prayer request of somones need I feel satisfied inside of me when i pray in my own way and style. I don't really have privacy at the moment, and i am someone who really doesn't like people hearing my prayer point if it isn't in a religious gathering and general prayer.

I was born into Christianity and i served the lord in a church unit, but I will like to ask maybe there are ways i need to start praying that i don't know or practice for effective answers from the lord.

N. B. I know jehova witnesses don't pray loud or aggressive prayer, and i also know some other religious organization that doesn't do aggressive praying too.

So which one is which and how do one pray effective prayer with fasting without being aggressive
Your views and opinion will really help, and i will be more than delighted if u can do that with scripture references.

Thanks
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Petdagr8t(m): 1:11pm On May 17, 2020
Well it depends on the prayer point
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by drmikeadams(m): 1:12pm On May 17, 2020
Btruth:
Personally, I'll choose a calm way and I believe the Lord will listen to me. My opinion though. wink
grin grin grin

In this country until u scream and hit ur head on d wall,and roll on the floor while wailing..it's assumed u don't know how to pray.
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by DONFASZY(m): 1:12pm On May 17, 2020
Cool and calm pls
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by BreconHills(m): 1:12pm On May 17, 2020
edoairways:

What of those that have been in his presence yet no show

When you say no show, what do you mean exactly?
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 17, 2020
I think it all has to do with your faith. Wether you pray violently or calmly, if you do not have faith, it will still not yeild result. There are people who discuss with God. They don't shout and yet God answers their prayer.

#My1kobo

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by edoairways: 1:21pm On May 17, 2020
BreconHills:

When you say no show, what do you mean exactly?
Persistent delays
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by japjondo: 1:21pm On May 17, 2020
@op,Nobody here is in the better position to answer your question because you say your prayers to God and not humans.If i may respond as human,it's better to say your prayers calmly when your are not alone and be aggressive when you are alone.
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Ezini(f): 1:26pm On May 17, 2020
It depends on the need of the moment,
When you feel the need to communicate with your father, you need to revere him, worship him adore him like the king he is, you do this respectfully, this cant be done shouting,

When you have a need to be met, you still go in humility pleading for mercy and favor

But when devil challenges you , that when you rebuke the idiot and his associates, using the word of God. You cant rebuke in cool countenance, you may or may not raise your voice but the key thing is, you are angry in the spirit.

My advice to you is engage more in quiet time with God, you will experience the presence of the holyghost, burdens will be lifted and certainly God will meet you at the point of your need or give you grace to wait for his time so much so that not meeting your need yet wont matter to you

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by eziezi90(m): 1:34pm On May 17, 2020
PRAY
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Gabbriell: 1:34pm On May 17, 2020
There is time for everything. Situations mostly decides the mode of prayer.

Jesus mostly say simple prayers but a time came when the end of his mission was at hand and the pressure was getting higher. The bible described him of being in such an "agony" that he prayed and his sweat "became as drop of blood falling to the ground". (Luke 22:44)

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by HRMK: 1:44pm On May 17, 2020
that depends on the situation or condition!
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by fortran12: 1:47pm On May 17, 2020
Kekereekun123:
No evidence prayer works
For you maybe
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by hightempo(m): 1:52pm On May 17, 2020
Samirana360:
as the spirit leads
....u can be calm while talking to God but aggressive when rebuking the devils cos those bastards have ear problem.....they no dey hear small small
if you like shout with all your might, they don't respond to your shout, they obey only power....Holy spirit is the key with your faith

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Investnow2017: 1:58pm On May 17, 2020
Aladdin1:
When doing personal prayer.when am communing with God. i pray calmly tajing to God my father.but when am doing warfare prayers or addressing demons i pray violently becos bible says the violent take it by force.

What exactly does violent take by force?

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by brainhgeek(m): 2:00pm On May 17, 2020
Pray all manners prayers just don't shout on God if you wouldn't shout 'Do it!' on your earthly father.
Prayer is not a shouting contest. You can isolate yourself to pray effectual feverent prayers or you can simply pray by meditation, just pray in the name of Jesus.
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Investnow2017: 2:02pm On May 17, 2020
propane:
I think it all has to do with your faith. Wether you pray violently or calmly, if you do not have faith, it will still not yeild result. There are people who discuss with God. They don't shout and yet God answers their prayer.

#My1kobo

Anyone praying violently, who exactly is the person imitating?
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by brainhgeek(m): 2:03pm On May 17, 2020
propane:

#My1kobo

#yourverysensible

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

No Prophecy About Election Postponement / Ifeoma Vivian Emeka: Born Again Burns Her Hair Extensions, "They Are Demonic" / No Black Man Will Go To Heaven - Prophet Agya Dan (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.