Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? (26292 Views)

8 Important Things We Can Do When We Pray As Christians. / Please Someone Should Teach Me How To Pray As Catholic / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by miketayo(m): 6:19pm On May 17, 2020
Nooil:

Lies

Lol wait so they didn't punish u in high school ?
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 17, 2020
miketayo:

Lol wait so they didn't punish u in high school ?

Not to the extent of sweating as thick as blood
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by BreconHills(m): 6:43pm On May 17, 2020
edoairways:

Persistent delays

Right. I wanted to confirm. First of all the idea that you feel that there are delays means you have an expectation that prayer is like a slot machine. You put in money and out comes the money. This doesn't look like a healthy relationship. Did you learn nothing during that time, no growth in character, no new skills or abilities, no added tenacity or resiliency, no change in perspective?

A transactional mindset with God will allows look like one full of delays because his time frames are quite different as are his goals.

I am convinced though that if you review the delay carefully, you will find that it has worked for your good.

I remember when I travelled to do my A levels. I encountered a lot of racism in the town where my school was and I missed my secondary schoolfriends so much that I wrote an emotional letter to my father to bring me back to Nigeria. I even thoughtfully pointed out how much money he would save.

I never got a reply.

I was so disappointed but fast forward a eighteen months I was overjoyed my request had been turned down. We see from a very limited perspective. So your persistent delays could well centre around the same trait or desire - whatever it is that getting you a no.

2 Likes

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by judedwriter(m): 7:00pm On May 17, 2020
KingBaba1:
The scripture says the fervent prayer of the righteous availeth much, and this will want me to know the best way to pray according to the Bible and Christian belief.

1. We all know we are different type of human being and our approach to things differ alot.
We have the cool and calm beings, and also the stubborn and aggressive ones.

I see how pastor Adeboye preaches the gospel and pray in a cool and calm way and there are signs, wonders and testimony to that effect...

I also know some agressive preachers and prayer warriors like pastor Paul Adefarasin, N. duncan Williams and TD jakes.

Now, here is why i am writing this write up.

1. I sometimes feel i am too cool and calm in my prayers hence the delay or no answer i have in my prayer requests to the most high.

2. I believe in strategic form of prayer and i also do fast and pray when seeking the face of the lord on something... I don't usually think i am too cool or calm in prayers not until i started waiting endlessly for results.
If i am in a religious gathering, it depends on the leader of the prayer points and the prayer point itself that will determine my ginger and how aggressive i can be, but i don't see it going too hot or too cool.

3.what could be the delay of prayer request of somones need I feel satisfied inside of me when i pray in my own way and style. I don't really have privacy at the moment, and i am someone who really doesn't like people hearing my prayer point if it isn't in a religious gathering and general prayer.

I was born into Christianity and i served the lord in a church unit, but I will like to ask maybe there are ways i need to start praying that i don't know or practice for effective answers from the lord.

N. B. I know jehova witnesses don't pray loud or aggressive prayer, and i also know some other religious organization that doesn't do aggressive praying too.

So which one is which and how do one pray effective prayer with fasting without being aggressive
Your views and opinion will really help, and i will be more than delighted if u can do that with scripture references.

Thanks

What makes prayer powerful is faith not how you pray.

If I pray aggressively with faith I will get the same results if I pray gently with faith.

2 Likes

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Omopinky(f): 7:04pm On May 17, 2020
Just as the spirit lead.
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by miketayo(m): 7:05pm On May 17, 2020
Nooil:

Not to the extent of sweating as thick as blood

Hope u understand it was a figure of speech. Also everyone sweats differently
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by zudozz: 7:19pm On May 17, 2020
praying with a contrite heart works.
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by solreb: 7:37pm On May 17, 2020
KingBaba1:
The scripture says the fervent prayer of the righteous availeth much, and this will want me to know the best way to pray according to the Bible and Christian belief.

1. We all know we are different type of human being and our approach to things differ alot.

I see how pastor Adeboye preaches the gospel and pray in a cool and calm way and there are signs, wonders and testimony to that effect...

I also know some agressive preachers and prayer warriors like pastor Paul Adefarasin, N. duncan Williams and TD jakes.

1. I sometimes feel i am too cool and calm in my prayers hence the delay or no answer i have in my prayer requests to the most high.

2. I believe in strategic form of prayer and i also do fast and pray when seeking the face of the lord on something... I don't usually think i am too cool or calm in prayers not until i started waiting endlessly for results.
If i am in a religious gathering, it depends on the leader of the prayer points and the prayer point itself that will determine my ginger and how aggressive i can be, but i don't see it going too hot or too cool.

3.what could be the delay of prayer request of somones need I feel satisfied inside of me when i pray in my own way and style. I don't really have privacy at the moment, and i am someone who really doesn't like people hearing my prayer point if it isn't in a religious gathering and general prayer.

I was born into Christianity and i served the lord in a church unit, but I will like to ask maybe there are ways i need to start praying that i don't know or practice for effective answers from the lord.

N. B. I know jehova witnesses don't pray loud or aggressive prayer, and i also know some other religious organization that doesn't do aggressive praying too.

So which one is which and how do one pray effective prayer with fasting without being aggressive
Your views and opinion will really help, and i will be more than delighted if u can do that with scripture references.

Thanks

Prayer is communication to God. Prayer can take any form depending on your spirit. The most important is the condition of your heart and faith as prayer can take place anywhere Jesus even advocates secluded prayer as he says go into your closet, close your door and your Father who sees in secret will reward you. It is not about how violent your prayer is that you will get answers. In Daniel 10:12 Daniel's request was granted from the first day he prayed but no manifestation because of delay by the territorial demonic powers It was his consistency, maintaining holiness, patience and willingness to listen that made God to send Gabriel to end the delay. Remember Eph 6:12 we wrestle not against flesh and blood.....According to Phil 4:6-7, may God hear us as we present our requests to him.

2 Likes

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 17, 2020
miketayo:

Hope u understand it was a figure of speech. Also everyone sweats differently

A figure of speech describing the thickness of his sweat. Something you will never experience praying calmly.

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Godblessamaechi: 8:22pm On May 17, 2020
KingBaba1:

Thanks

Aggressive, violent, cool or calm to an extent all of these approach depends on the situation on ground or the mood you find yourself. A few examples from the Bible are as follows: Psalms 55:17 Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice. 1 Samuel 1:13 Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken. Above all the best approach is for you to rely on the holy Spirit to lead you. John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Hope this will help you.

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by miketayo(m): 9:07pm On May 17, 2020
Nooil:

A figure of speech describing the thickness of his sweat. Something you will never experience praying calmly.

lol I give up
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by olmoRoc: 9:14pm On May 17, 2020
cool, calm
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by thinkmoney(m): 9:29pm On May 17, 2020
KingBaba1:

Thanks
use these ideas to help in your prayers (be warned, it may appear a radical readjustment)
Before I commence though, you must know a basic truth, that it's not your actions that determine your answer, it's God's action.
the ideas:
1. Pray with respect to God as you would a very strong king.
2. Pray with faith to him as you would your earthly father. (think, if it were my Dad I need something like this from, would I shout at him? would I cry? on some occasions, maybe when you have persistently ask for your school fees and the situation is getting tough, u might cry.
3. Don't have bitterness in mind.
4. don't ask for selfish things especially things that don't honor God.
5. ask always with the awareness that God is nearer to you than even your ears.
6. it's OK, if your emotions, temperament and personality take the best of you. God understands. know though that you can't order God about.
7. ask always in the name of Jesus Christ, having in mind what the name means and what it stands for i.e all that Christ has done for us.

2 Likes

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Mandela27: 9:46pm On May 17, 2020
You know prayer can be done anywhere and anytime.
I wonder why u have to be aggressive.You should calm down and explain things 2 our father,He must hear you,just believe and be patient.
Strangely when am in church i dont even close eyes talkless of to pray sef,I prefer staying isolated so that me and BABA can reason well.

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Shormiey(m): 9:48pm On May 17, 2020
Naija witches and wizards need violent prayers to be destroyed.....that MFM TYPE. grin

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Nattybruda(m): 10:23pm On May 17, 2020
Read Matthew chapter 6.
Jesus taught us how to pray there.
As a follower of Christ, ask your self ' how did Jesus pray?, how did the apostles and early Christians pray?.

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by newdawn2017(f): 11:22pm On May 17, 2020
Justiceleague1:

Nobody is kidding himself here.

What do you have to say about deliverance ministers?

Do you attend night vigils?
What do you have to say about that?
Norbe only deliverance ministers, like that madness indaboski displays on social media?? Or fraudulent Chris oyahkhilome? Or business man mbaka in enugu?? undecided Y will I stay up all night?? For what doing repetitive prayers?? Is it a concert?? Is d true God Yahweh Baal??
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by newdawn2017(f): 11:35pm On May 17, 2020
Aladdin1:
No my friend.you are the ignorant one here.you cant teach what i know or negate my personal experience.i have addressed,commanded and dealt with demons by the grace of God according to the word of God in mark 16-17,2nd corinthians 10:4-6.mark 11:23 and job 22:28.
God & sit-down my sister. Re u apostle Paul?? Once u start studying d Bible with Jehovah's witnesses, u take to heart what u ve learned from there, u believe in ur heart that Jesus d Christ is d son of d only living God Yahweh & came to earth in d flesh. Once u begin to hate what Jehovah hates, strive to walk in d footsteps of his son Jesus Christ as written there in d Bible, asking d true God for his holy spirit to help u live ur life for him. Automatically, u come under d protective wings of d true God. It's simple as that. Demons will depart from ur presence they themselves will avoid u like a plaque, if u move into a hunted house, they will pack out for u Walayi. Nothing like sleep paralysis. U ve become d eye ball of d living God if d entire universe, whosoever that is touching u, will be putting his/her finger into d eyesof d true God, & u know what that means. Where in dbible did any demon torment any of d Israelites anywhere , as they journey in d wilderness to d promised land, nothing like that. D true Godcaredfor them as good mother dey take nurture her baby.

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by cococandy(f): 1:00am On May 18, 2020
If I’m God and you come yelling at me, you’ll be in trouble. I don’t like noise.

5 Likes

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by kumulus(m): 7:57am On May 18, 2020
BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM

-Lloyd
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by CharlesJok3r: 9:31am On May 18, 2020
hahn:
Praying in all forms is useless. Don't bother wasting your time
Not when you are praying to hahn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Hathor5(f): 10:02am On May 18, 2020
cococandy:
If I’m God and you come yelling at me, you’ll be in trouble. I don’t like noise.

grin grin
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by cococandy(f): 10:05am On May 18, 2020
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Danhumprey: 10:40am On May 18, 2020
CharlesJok3r:

Not when you are praying to hahn.
LSD library WhatsApp group alumni!

How far? tongue
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by lucky4west: 10:48am On May 18, 2020
at times u take it camly, at times ruggedly, at times u do just praises, at times work for God by winning a soul....soul winning is the easiest way to get prayers answered.....God does not joke with his field workers

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by greatefa1011(m): 8:34pm On May 18, 2020
If u like use ak47 to kill rat na usabi
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by KingBaba1(m): 11:25pm On May 18, 2020
thinkmoney:

use these ideas to help in your prayers (be warned, it may appear a radical readjustment)
Before I commence though, you must know a basic truth, that it's not your actions that determine your answer, it's God's action.
the ideas:
1. Pray with respect to God as you would a very strong king.
2. Pray with faith to him as you would your earthly father. (think, if it were my Dad I need something like this from, would I shout at him? would I cry? on some occasions, maybe when you have persistently ask for your school fees and the situation is getting tough, u might cry.
3. Don't have bitterness in mind.
4. don't ask for selfish things especially things that don't honor God.
5. ask always with the awareness that God is nearer to you than even your ears.
6. it's OK, if your emotions, temperament and personality take the best of you. God understands. know though that you can't order God about.
7. ask always in the name of Jesus Christ, having in mind what the name means and what it stands for i.e all that Christ has done for us.
wow, Thanks for the advice, i love it

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Investmentfreak: 8:04am On May 20, 2020
I hail sir
osascybog:

Dis man u bad!!! cry kiss[color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

No Prophecy About Election Postponement / Ifeoma Vivian Emeka: Born Again Burns Her Hair Extensions, "They Are Demonic" / No Black Man Will Go To Heaven - Prophet Agya Dan (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.