Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. (75072 Views)

My Mother Wants To Throw Me Into Bankruptcy / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by tomdon(m): 12:28am On May 17, 2020
She can't be your mother and want to throw you out just like that. Voice of reason will speak to her against that. You're just feeling unduly pressured at the moment as if you're the most hated. Try to work on your patience and forbearance.
One thing you should never miss however is the chance that nysc presents. Never return home to her. Get a place no matter how and get something doing to sustain yourself no matter how small.
In the meantime, try to get distinct opportunities to sit her down and have specific and clear heart to heart discussions on why she is treating you the way she is as your mother. That is very important. She is your mother and her stupidity now doesn't remove the fact that when you're successful tomorrow she will pressure you to do what you ought to do as a loving child. And the only way you can bear no grudge against her is if you made her see her wrong now. Whether she changes or not is not left to you. She is however most likely to have a rethink and change towards you if you talk to her with cogent points
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Nobody: 12:29am On May 17, 2020
Ningen:
Harsher reality awaits out there.
If you want to fly, grow wings first.

You've 2 or 3 years to graduation.
Stay put, cope and get your degree.

Spread your wings & fly out during your NYSC.
I hope he sees and listens to this

2 Likes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by TheManOfTheYear: 12:31am On May 17, 2020
SweetCunt97:
So what age no b parent responsibility? Personally we should have a law that grants 18 yrs the freedom to leave home and be independent if they want just like d west.
you're talking off-point maami
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Aboks(m): 12:32am On May 17, 2020
naijaschoolguru:

Aboki shut up, shut up, you have been talking rubbish since. Ah den use am do you. Well no be lie when Yoruba people talk say " Hausa la Hausa nje, a ponle ni Mallam "

I pity you dirty afonja you think is by username that determines where a person is from ewu yoruba

Get off my mention pukes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by hresso: 12:34am On May 17, 2020
Very touching.

You have 19k in your account, how much did you give your mum from that?
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Nobody: 12:35am On May 17, 2020
The only way to never cross part with your mother is to avoid her food! Make sure you don’t eat from her pot again.... try this for one month!

2 Likes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Seunaj05(m): 12:39am On May 17, 2020
Davash222:
Let her threats always be a motivation for you to get your own apartment so you can move out.

These are one of the techniques African mothers use to ostracize the spirit of laziness in their sons. No too reason am.

God bless all mothers.
bad advise
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by BlindedIrony(m): 12:40am On May 17, 2020
Listen good man, it is not normal for adults to still live with their parents after 20 years old. I understand your situation due to Nigerian economic situation. However, in developed countries, kids leave their parents once they turn 18. In Igboland, young men who go into trading or learn a trade at a young age become independent from their parents around 20 years. I am Onitsha born and bred. So, it is not really an Oyibo thing.

That brings me to the reason why i decided to respond. Your mother is obviously tired of supporting you. This is her way of making you leave. Do not blame her. She is doing you a favor. If you actually think about it, you will see that she doesn't have the heart to kick you out as a mother. This is due to her love for you. However, she wants you to be able to chart your own way like some of the young men around the world who already have the skills necessary to support themselves (I'll come to the skills shortly). Some women are like that. They don't want to tell you upfront or face to face what they want, so they use subtle actions to tell you. Note: These are only done by women with poor communication skills. It seems it is a single parent household. DO NOT BLAME HER.

Now to the set of skills you possess. Good man, you are an adult now with a set of skills that are highly valued in today's society. You can design a website, write and afford to make an income currently. This is a tech trade skill. Use what you have right now to chart your course. I saw someone here advice you to wait until NYSC. No, do not do that. Comfort creates problems in the long run. Such problems include not having problem-dealing skill set when you are finally a graduate. You will find it extremely hard to survive out there even after NYSC. This is because you did not acquire the skills you should have acquired living alone or with roommates as a young man. There are ages a man has to learn a particular skill. Once you miss a certain skill in a particular age, it is hard to learn them later in life as an older man. I know as a young man that you are, you probably have a lot of time in your hands. Start a blog while working for the current job you have. Milk the hell out of the current skill set you have, so you can escape having your self-esteem crushed. Trust me, it takes longer to recover from a crushed self-esteem. You don't want to be that newly graduate guy in an office with little confidence.

Why am I telling you? Been there, done that. My situation was not like yours. I was constantly underestimated by everyone. I could not even express myself much because I live under my parents' roof. This was partly due to Igbo culture of respect, partly because my father has rights to the apt we used to live. I knew if I become a man in Nigeria (under my parents roof), I'd be messed up for life. And it will take me years to acquire the life skills necessary to succeed as a man. So at the age of 21 years while I was still studying at FUTO, I moved to the US after my immigrant visa got rejected 3 times. No one in my family or friend circles contributed a penny! I had nobody in the US- no friends, no family and nothing at all, but afew hundred dollars I saved from teaching JAMB students mathematics for 2 years. It was not easy. It took me a month to find a job, 4 months to make $11.25 per hour from the lowest wage ($7 per hour) I was making then. Fast-forward 6 years later, I have two degrees and I am making 3 times hat per hour. My parents live in a house I built for them... so many wonderful things have happened since I was 21. Both the good, the bad and the ugly. Has life been easy? Nay, life is not easy. However, I took my chance and I made it life bearable for me and the people around. I still take the chance every day as a late twenties man now. I wake up happily everyday knowing I carved an independent man out of a scared confused young man who was so afraid of the future. You- my man, are true definition of everything good in life. Arise and Become the captain of your ship!

Good luck.

NB: On a second thought, you could just be an attention-seeking victim-mentality good-for-nothing young man with social anxiety, crippling low self-esteem and Peter-pan syndrome. I come to this conclusion after coming across your other posts on your profile. One of your posts is repulsive. You definitely have a problem. I could be wrong. By God, I hope I am!

3 Likes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 12:42am On May 17, 2020
BigJoe19:
Donate your mother as Covid-19 relieve fund, any woman that cannot believe her child is a nuisance to the society.

With your explanation your mum is single, she and your dad don't stay together anymore, I hope you have noticed that since your dad left your mum his life has been better, I advise you do same. A man that dwells with a toxic and bitter woman would never become great.

Find a group of trusted friends and stay with, hustle day and night, make your family proud.

Good luck.

person wey post no insult him mama ma you dey help ham insult
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by OriOko88(m): 12:43am On May 17, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Simply groom your kids in a way to make them independent and strong to brave the hardship of life.
At what age did u leave ur parents house? Audio rants

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Uckroot: 12:45am On May 17, 2020
Davash222:
Let her threats always be a motivation for you to get your own apartment so you can move out.

These are one of the techniques African mothers use to ostracize the spirit of laziness in their sons. No too reason am.

God bless all mothers.

Trash. Nobody sent her to give birth when she had nothing to equip her children with.
Rich people equip their children with wealth and connections and stay ahead of the curve whereas poor people give birth with insha allah and people like you find this dumb excuse of ostracizing “laziness” for them.
You throw your own child out because of 2k and tomorrow when e make an una go say why e no go take care of him mama.

Psychosis.

7 Likes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Uckroot: 12:47am On May 17, 2020
hresso:
Very touching.

You have 19k in your account, how much did you give your mum from that?

She doesn’t deserve it.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by victorian(f): 12:48am On May 17, 2020
Na wa undecided

I can't imagine throwing any of children out because of money missing.

Just too bad .

My parents , God bless their souls they gave me the best things and experience in life while growing up and even after my university degree, my mom invested some millions of naira to setup my careeer before she passed on.
With such experience, none of my kids will suffer or be thrown out !.

I wonder the type of parents we have these days . so appalling.

Anyways op,give her the 2k. Bear and manage until u graduate . immediately after Nysc get your own place.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by omonnakoda: 12:55am On May 17, 2020
KenBen217:

bros I don't know you but I must say this you must be a really wicked person...to think this happens so because it happens everywhere it's not sad...do you even know if this guy might start suffering emotional distress,low self esteem etc because of this issue...??
bros I don't know you but I must say this you must be a very judgmental person. Do you live in Nigeria?

Do you think most Nigerians are OK in their heads?especially women?They are not.....
Emotional distress?
That is the smallest distress affecting Nigerians
How many countries in the world practice One chance on each other or steal pants for money rituals.

Trust me Nigerians are not OK in the head. They have no one to tell them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Lamanii22(f): 1:06am On May 17, 2020
BigJoe19:
I don't think your quote is meant for me, maybe the OP. In Nigeria we have many 25years old that still stay with their parents.
It's not easy to be a man cool cool

Even age 40 still live with their parents.. It shows how bad the economy is... House rent alone would make you think twice... But if one has a job with good and steady pay one might still consider moving out... It's not easy to be a man at all...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by AreaFada2: 1:29am On May 17, 2020
samicine:
Greetings one and all. I'll try to make my lamentation as short as possible.

My mother accused me of stealing her 2k, but I assure you, I didn't. The money got missing on Thursday night according to her and my 13 year old brother. I won't do such a thing, because the times are hard and the pandemic is fueling this hard times. I'm not lazy, I kind of work from home, I write for opera news hub and to some extent I get money from there, currently I have 19k in my account. I have no motive of taking her money, but she insists I took it, and is currently threatening to throw me out of the house.

This is not the first time such thing has happened. When I was still in secondary school, money got missing often and she'll blame me, beat me and starve me for stealing her money, but God helped me and the culprit was found, my other brother was caught, he is 18 now and doesn't stay with us anymore. He stays with my dad. She never apologized for what she did and the scars of that emotional and physical abuse still ripples across my body. But this time I'm not sure I will forgive her if the money is found. I'm planning on leaving home and starting my life somewhere, it's hard, it might just be my naivety speaking, but I need your advice.

The only skill I have is writing and web designing, which I'm almost getting good at. I just need help and guidance. I'm a 200level student and I major in psychology. I'll be 21 by November.
Dude, take it easy. I know it hurts to be mistrusted. But do not leave. Let her kick you out. But you can see someone she respects, like her religious leader about the situation.

Hold no grudges against her even if she kicks you out. So that bitterness won't hinder your progress. Whatever happens, if you are disciplined and focused, you will be ok.

But a few things: does your dad contribute to your upkeep/education?

Did your parents separate on an acrimonious note? Is your mum more unhappy since the separation? Do you remind your mum of your dad a lot either physically or by mannerism? Are you close to your dad against her wish?

Your mum might be going through some emotional issues. What you experience might just be as a consequence of it, not your fault.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by SOJOSEPH(m): 1:31am On May 17, 2020
Women!!!!!!!!!

Women are the enemies of Women.

A lot of things are done by women and they blame those things on men. Now the mother wants to ruin her efforts on raising those children.

My sister I will advise that you should not move out yet.

I love that fact that you are intelligent and hardworking.

Trust me something is wrong somewhere, so I will not want you share from that wrong. You are in that family to rewrite the history of your family.

You need to start praying for your parents, especially your mother. If you are already doing that keeping praying.

Pray Until Something Happen (PUCH) for the that family. You are the light of that family.

[b][/b][i][/i] PLEASE DONT MOVE OUT.

A lot of social vices are outside. Apart your parents providing for, they also give you security. Stay and support your parents and your siblings anyway the Lord can help you to.

Also, try to forgive her and support her. IT IS NOT EASY FOR SINGLE PARENT IN NIGERIA.

Continue your strive to be different.

Do not forget:

1. Forgiver her so you can see the light she may not be seeing

2. Do not move out as she needs to guide you on various aspects and issues of life. Even her flaws are lesson to you which you have to guide against in your own life. YOU SHOULD NOT REPEAT THE MISTAKE OF YOUR PARENTS SO THAT YOU CAN HAVE BETTER CHILDREN

3. Do not move out because that is the plan of devil for you.

4. Moving out may lure you into negative peer pressure which may greatly affect your glorious destiny.

5. If you stay and maintain your parents home, it gives you some level of DIGNITY

You shall prevail in Jesus Name, Amen.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by enemyofprogress: 1:35am On May 17, 2020
Covid 19 left the house at age 19 and he has bean travelling round the whole world without his parents
You are 20 and you're crying that your mum wants to send you out of the house. Can't you leave the house and do what covid 19 who is younger than you is doing?

Dominique abi wetin I talk?
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Ajixegun: 1:42am On May 17, 2020
I refuse to be poor (man must double his hustle).
Dj Cuppy and her siblings are still enjoying their father's buruji without any complaint.
It is only the poor that subject their wards to this kind of none sense pressure.

4 Likes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by stevewrites(m): 1:58am On May 17, 2020
If you have a system, the fastest way to stand on your own is to do FREELANCING. You work for foreign guys and you get paid in dollars. I can guide you through this easily. You can contact me on - 08107212536

samicine:

My mother accused me of stealing her 2k, but I assure you, I didn't. The money got missing on Thursday night according to her and my 13 year old brother. I won't do such a thing, because the times are hard and the pandemic is fueling this hard times. I'm not lazy, I kind of work from home, I write for opera news hub and to some extent I get money from there, currently I have 19k in my account. I have no motive of taking her money, but she insists I took it, and is currently threatening to throw me out of the house.

This is not the first time such thing has happened. When I was still in secondary school, money got missing often and she'll blame me, beat me and starve me for stealing her money, but God helped me and the culprit was found, my other brother was caught, he is 18 now and doesn't stay with us anymore. He stays with my dad. She never apologized for what she did and the scars of that emotional and physical abuse still ripples across my body. But this time I'm not sure I will forgive her if the money is found. I'm planning on leaving home and starting my life somewhere, it's hard, it might just be my naivety speaking, but I need your advice.

The only skill I have is writing and web designing, which I'm almost getting good at. I just need help and guidance. I'm a 200level student and I major in psychology. I'll be 21 by November.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by TechCapon(m): 2:00am On May 17, 2020
samicine:

you mentioned that you write for opera news, can you please explain?
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Babyforever(f): 2:22am On May 17, 2020
vanida6:
Shey no be u dey steal money why leave nah,,,if u leave dat means u re guilty,,,,infact why will a grown man like u been stayin in dsam place wit ur mum,,,just pay her 2k back nd find anoda place to enjoy ur life dear
You must be very stupid for this comment how many of Nigerian men stay alone at 20 or 21 with this hash economic

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by exco90(m): 2:25am On May 17, 2020
samicine:

can I have your number?
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Nobody: 2:31am On May 17, 2020
I see nothing wrong bruh go n hustle
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Nobody: 2:31am On May 17, 2020
Don't take it personal
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by SoNature(m): 2:35am On May 17, 2020
vanida6:
Shey no be u dey steal money why leave nah,,,if u leave dat means u re guilty,,,,infact why will a grown man like u been stayin in dsam place wit ur mum,,,just pay her 2k back nd find anoda place to enjoy ur life dear

Seriously?

How old are you?

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by kalufelix(m): 2:59am On May 17, 2020
When she tried such with me .. I blatantly told her to fucccck away to her fathers house cos i am in my own fathers house.. It was a shocker for her... I was 22 then... Slept under the bridge, shops, uncompleted buildings, churches and all manner of places at my own will tho... I am very independent minded to the point of refusing a handout.. Maybe its my ego.. Today i be confirm street and can survive anywhere under any condition... I don't care about the house but i constantly remind her that no one can blackmail or frustrate me out of my legit "shelter" even i be fool @ 40.... If she is not the one that built the house or paying rent just avoid feeding from her pot and take care of your essentials... Sometimes you just have to dine with the devil with the shortest spoon fight it out with her and don't leave like your father.. She wants to drive you all so she can start bringing her lovers home...don't let her conquer you the way she conquered your father.. Mum knows i ready to treat her ffuk up anytime... However if she built the house or paying the rent just leave for your own good.. The house is cursed.. You have 19K i didn't have up to 3K when i left that was mostly my tfare... You have a lot to learn outside your comfort zone. I'm glad av got street cred and have become a beast of many shades.. Leave that house man..

3 Likes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Nobody: 3:01am On May 17, 2020
Lol OP

Just let it go

Am 30 years.. left home at 18 though. But before then I and my mum were enemies. She had been threatening me to throw me out since I was 12. I suffered similar emotional turture too. I hated my mum bro. But now I regret everyday for hating her those years. Your mum doesn't hate you brother. Let go of her shortcomings.. mother are the best gift the universe can give to you . Those who have lost their mothers will understand better. Keep on your studies bro. Forgive her . Even when she throw you out..which I know she won't . God bless.

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by richAgnostic: 3:04am On May 17, 2020
Davash222:

God bless all mothers.
it is not ostracizing the spirit of laziness from their sons, it is turning them into arm robber, kidnappers etc. nigeria is not europe or one developed country, sending a guy out of the house in a country where even real adults can barely survive is just suicidal. please lets stop supporting rubbush

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by cuteboy2: 3:04am On May 17, 2020
vanida6:

Horrible advice angry angry.

OP, don't pack out of your mum's house, there is nothing to enjoy out there. Stay put and graduate, whilst at the same keep improving your web design skills.

To resolve current problem, show your mum your bank balance and explain that you have no reason to steal her money. Talk to an uncle she respects to help you plead with her.

Last point. Your mum is probably struggling being a single mum to look after you and your younger brother. Since, you get a little income now and then, occasionally, buy little provision, like tea or milk just to show her you are trying to cushion things a bit. It's the symbolism of it she will cherish

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Lawsaite: 3:06am On May 17, 2020
Op is this even a case? Try people like my stepmother who has eventually convinced my father to kick me out, now he's telling everyone who cares that I ran away on my own.
Am in second year too and partially fend for myself 70%. This year has been the most terrible in my life. Suicidal thoughts here and there.
You still have a mother who must love you and is maybe trying to teach you something and you're here crying you want to leave. Reevaluate your options dude. My two shots
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by richAgnostic: 3:07am On May 17, 2020
exco90:

can I have your number?
tell him why u are asking for his number na.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Pregnant Women Craving For Weird Things / When Does A Woman Conceive? / Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.