Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. (75024 Views)

My Mother Wants To Throw Me Into Bankruptcy / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by wanger50(m): 6:01am On May 17, 2020
Davash222:
Let her threats always be a motivation for you to get your own apartment so you can move out.

These are one of the techniques African mothers use to ostracize the spirit of laziness in their sons. No too reason am.

God bless all mothers.
Kindly take this one.This is the same trick my Mom used to get me started in life,some nine years ago. Today I'm so grateful to her she pushed me into being a man I am today
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by frozen70(f): 6:05am On May 17, 2020
samicine:
Greetings one and all. I'll try to make my lamentation as short as possible.

My mother accused me of stealing her 2k, but I assure you, I didn't. The money got missing on Thursday night according to her and my 13 year old brother. I won't do such a thing, because the times are hard and the pandemic is fueling this hard times. I'm not lazy, I kind of work from home, I write for opera news hub and to some extent I get money from there, currently I have 19k in my account. I have no motive of taking her money, but she insists I took it, and is currently threatening to throw me out of the house.

This is not the first time such thing has happened. When I was still in secondary school, money got missing often and she'll blame me, beat me and starve me for stealing her money, but God helped me and the culprit was found, my other brother was caught, he is 18 now and doesn't stay with us anymore. He stays with my dad. She never apologized for what she did and the scars of that emotional and physical abuse still ripples across my body. But this time I'm not sure I will forgive her if the money is found. I'm planning on leaving home and starting my life somewhere, it's hard, it might just be my naivety speaking, but I need your advice.

The only skill I have is writing and web designing, which I'm almost getting good at. I just need help and guidance. I'm a 200level student and I major in psychology. I'll be 21 by November.

Pls don't pack out if your mum is the one feeding you and you are more comfortable living with her than your dad, just stay behind

Withdraw the 2000 from your account , tell her that you didn't take her money and will never take her money, give it to her, it's a pity she doesn't believe you.

Give yourself one year to start planning and save towards packing out

Pack out on a normal day not under quarrelling situation, when you pack out, give her six months gap both calling and visiting let her feel the heat
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by femi4: 6:10am On May 17, 2020
Aboks:

At age 19 I was on my own it depends on the guy I can't remember last when my parents bought clothes for me

The only thing they for me was when they sent me to skill acquisition program

NATIONAL DIRECTORATE OF EMPLOYMENT
You lack good parental care/upbringing , no sane parent will release his kids to a hash society like ours at 19/20

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Dewisedick: 6:14am On May 17, 2020
Hi.

I understand how you could feel. It happened to me like 10yrs back and I was living in that for over 4 yrs. some times I thought my mother was lieing of her missing money until I leave the house and the money keep missing even after I left.

it was my cousin brother, a little boy you wouldn't believe can do that was the one picking money everywhere to form rich man bigin for school.

Please, put your sturdy in front. leave the house would have been one good thing to do but, where will you be staying, your feeding too, considering your study.

Please, calmly get close to your mum and tell her you are her daughter and won't want her angry with you all the time. You can discuss with her very best friend to advice her to put any other person 'no matter how small the person is' staying with you people to test, as that will help her know who and possibly stop it from continueing instead of attacking your all the time.

Explan to good people around her.
That was what I did and it was two of the people I shared that my pains with that put an eye until they were able to gather prove even my cousin brother could not denied.

Good lock
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Born2Breed(f): 6:14am On May 17, 2020
samicine:

My mother accused me of stealing her 2k, but I assure you, I didn't. The money got missing on Thursday night according to her and my 13 year old brother. I won't do such a thing, because the times are hard and the pandemic is fueling this hard times. I'm not lazy, I kind of work from home, I write for opera news hub and to some extent I get money from there, currently I have 19k in my account. I have no motive of taking her money, but she insists I took it, and is currently threatening to throw me out of the house.

This is not the first time such thing has happened. When I was still in secondary school, money got missing often and she'll blame me, beat me and starve me for stealing her money, but God helped me and the culprit was found, my other brother was caught, he is 18 now and doesn't stay with us anymore. He stays with my dad. She never apologized for what she did and the scars of that emotional and physical abuse still ripples across my body. But this time I'm not sure I will forgive her if the money is found. I'm planning on leaving home and starting my life somewhere, it's hard, it might just be my naivety speaking, but I need your advice.

The only skill I have is writing and web designing, which I'm almost getting good at. I just need help and guidance. I'm a 200level student and I major in psychology. I'll be 21 by November.

Seems you have not contributing anything to the household. Being a single parent ain't easy.

Just give 2k from your account and tell her you love her so much and will never steal from her.
You are praying to graduate and get a better job so you can take care of her forever.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Nobody: 6:17am On May 17, 2020
if you are not welfare alot just hold on because there is a long way for you at school but if you can cater for your school fees and other expenses comfortably then you can move out because these are the most trying times between this ages of a youth
BTW pls i need info on the writing that you do, i need your contact on any social media platform
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by queenitee(f): 6:21am On May 17, 2020
vanida6:
Shey no be u dey steal money why leave nah,,,if u leave dat means u re guilty,,,,infact why will a grown man like u been stayin in dsam place wit ur mum,,,just pay her 2k back nd find anoda place to enjoy ur life dear
He's 20 and he's a student, so why won't he be staying with his mom? What job/source of income does he have to stay on his own? What resume does he have to go out there and search for jobs? We should stop forming woke all the time please, he can only stay with his mother right now.

2 Likes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by skillzbae(f): 6:22am On May 17, 2020
Kylekent59:
shocked

You are a thief!!!!

You stole your mum's 2k and you still had the guts to post it here.
Why did you play Aja ere with it, stop paying visual with your mum's hard-earned money.

slowpoke....
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Arcbox(m): 6:22am On May 17, 2020
in life, everything all depend on how God plan it for you and you work towards it. just on my little part for you to learn from.
At age 5(primary one)I lost my Dad. my mum work all night trading to see me through primary and secondary school. At age 15year, I left my mum to go and finish up my secondary in a different city, ever since that time, I have never spend one month at home with my mum. At age 26, I hold a masters degree in Architecture. presently, a PhD student in Abroad. my mum don't even know how I was about to get this feat till now. Sometimes, your parents want the best for you but they can't do it via flexing of muscle. Just work hard, pray and believe that you can bring out the best in you. I leave you with two key words " Resilience and Determination " will make you stand out. All the best in your decision.

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by borntowin55(m): 6:25am On May 17, 2020
Please plan well before you move out bc if u rush out without proper plans u may end up running back to mama....
U are still a very young man, u need to work more on urself...But if u must leave ur mums house now, u may consider moving in with ur Dad, except there are other personal reasons why u may not want to stay with him....
I wish u goodluck!

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by skillzbae(f): 6:27am On May 17, 2020
vanida6:
Shey no be u dey steal money why leave nah,,,if u leave dat means u re guilty,,,,infact why will a grown man like u been stayin in dsam place wit ur mum,,,just pay her 2k back nd find anoda place to enjoy ur life dear

My sister in the lord.....how can a 20year old be a grown man? Just how is it a crime for him to live with his mom?

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by skillzbae(f): 6:30am On May 17, 2020
My dear poster.....U see our parent eh..... She knows you didn't take the money....the country is hard..pls try to TALK to her and show her love more than before, she might be going through a lot.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by queenitee(f): 6:37am On May 17, 2020
budaatum:
You have a lifetime ahead of you to be thinking of forgiving her or not. But forgiving her is for your benefit, as unforgiveness is like a cancer in the heart of the unforgiver. You spend plenty resource remembering not to forgive and it slowly eats you up.

Leave and go find somewhere else to live. You will survive this and more. And read up on the psychology of unforgiveness.
To everyone saying "leave" have you considered the pros and cons? As bad as it may seem, staying is the best option for him right now. Times are hard during this pandemic, how's he going to survive with 19k for the first month? Don't forget he would need to get a place to stay. That aside, when he get back to school, I hope you know he would have limited time for writing and web designing, how then would he survive because leaving means his mother would cease to pay his bills.

I know you might go "but there are orphans in school, training themselves." You are right, but why must he put himself in such position when he has a chance of staying and his mother paying his bills and him saving whatever money he has for the future(makes NYSC and surviving after school easier for him).

And long as the only problem with his mom is accusing him when money get lost(which I believe can't be everyday) he can actually stay. Plus how mother is a single mom, have you perhaps consider the fact that the woman is frustrated and all? It doesn't justify her action, but I'm trying to say it doesn't make his mother a bad person, as long as she perform her motherly roles.

We all have days we wonder if our parents are really our parents and days our parents wonder if they really have birth to us.

But I agree with that part of forgiving his mother? Why would you not? It's robs you of your peace of mind self.

Good morning sir

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Aboks(m): 6:38am On May 17, 2020
femi4:
You lack good parental care/upbringing , no sane parent will release his kids to a hash society like ours at 19/20

I said I started working at age 19
Although we still in the same house together
But I fend for myself
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by femi4: 6:39am On May 17, 2020
Aboks:

I started working at age 19
Although we still together
Wrong, you are suppose to still be in school by Nigeria standard
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by PattyMike(m): 6:41am On May 17, 2020
Ningen:
Harsher reality awaits out there.
If you want to fly, grow wings first.

You've 2 or 3 years to graduation.
Stay put, cope and get your degree.

Spread your wings & fly out during your NYSC.

Which fly out after which graduation. In this Nigeria? OP focus on developing your web developing and content writing skills. That is the real treasure chest.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by luluosas(m): 6:42am On May 17, 2020
I will advise you don't leave. Tell her that she wrongly accused you, but you have forgiven her.
Then, send me her account number for the 2k and her phone number too. I think she is psychologically depressed and look for any avenue to unleash the hidden filling. Therefore, she needs counselling and Godly advice.
I shall be waiting please. Thank you

samicine:

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by chinazaJoshua: 6:44am On May 17, 2020
Take my candit advice brother. In the USA parents leaves their children at 18years to fend for themselves. And that's why they end up being great. Major breakthroughs in life and destiny takes place at a point of necessity... You already have a skill that gives you money. Don't depend on her for shelters or foods. Leave her house, but don't hold grudge against her.... Is unusual for mothers to act in such a way. Maybe God wants to use her to bring out the best in you. You can never tell until you look beyond the physical torments. Step out in faith, look for a good friend or relative who can give you shelter now. Tell the person not to give you food that he or she should just provide shelter for you,you will fend for yourself food wise.

Am interested in what you do, especially writing for opera hub. I have interest in writing. How can you connect me to write for them?
My WhatsApp line:09091774327
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Mvena(f): 6:44am On May 17, 2020
Just give her the 2k o. African parents no dey forget anything if not she will torment you because of the 2k. Some people are saying he's too old to still be staying with his mom, una no dey Nigeria Sha��
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by anyicash(m): 6:46am On May 17, 2020
I will advice you leave immediately..this is the time to be independent and you will never regret it..grab this opportunity as motivation then move on..if you don't have enough money to rent a single room, just figure out a way to squat with a friend and make sure you leave your friend's home as soon as you make up money to rent your own house..God bless you.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Mvena(f): 6:46am On May 17, 2020
femi4:
Wrong, you are suppose to still be in school by Nigeria standard
Swears, but no offense but anyone that says he started working or left home before 20 didn't have a good home situation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by anyicash(m): 6:46am On May 17, 2020
Mvena:
Just give her the 2k o. African parents no dey forget anything if not she will torment you because of the 2k. Some people are saying he's too old to still be staying with his mom, una no dey Nigeria Sha��
unless she's the one who stole the money..noting to fear

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by femi4: 6:47am On May 17, 2020
Mvena:

Swears, but no offense but anyone that says he started working or left home before 20 didn't have a good home situation
You are absolutely correct

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Mvena(f): 6:54am On May 17, 2020
anyicash:
unless she's the one who stole the money..noting to fear
Maybe or she doesn't like the child
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by bluebay(m): 7:02am On May 17, 2020
vanida6:
Hey hey hey, don’t misguide the young man. He’s still in Higher institution and he’s 20. That doesn’t mean he should look for means to leave the house . He should firstly, graduate then can think of getting an apartment after service. A step at a time I will advice .

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by cezarman(m): 7:11am On May 17, 2020
Aboks:

At age 19 I was on my own it depends on the guy I can't remember last when my parents bought clothes for me

The only thing they for me was when they sent me to skill acquisition program

NATIONAL DIRECTORATE OF EMPLOYMENT

Good!
You should've left your parent's house as a 9year old na... why wait till 19

3 Likes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by xcelentattitude(m): 7:12am On May 17, 2020
samicine:

You're not serious!

This is a one sided story and as such, I would rather keep my advice in my pocket. Stop trying to paint your mom black.

All these stories of hate you're telling, it's only about recent happenings. How about many years ago, when you were still much younger? You mean she didn't accuse you then? Check yourself bro.

When kids get to a certain age, almost everyone looks like an enemy. I know this because I passed through the same stage, and I could have sworn that my uncle and his wife hated me, but now I have a better understanding.

"To every action there's an equal and opposite reaction.
"

I'm sure there are series of behaviours you are putting up that you ain't telling us, so stop playing the victim card and grow up!
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by levi2(m): 7:14am On May 17, 2020
vanida6:

This person is very insensitive, i pity your ideologies
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by sayso: 7:20am On May 17, 2020
You see why the almajiri system is working up north. Those kids are not afraid to move and eventually survive and become your leaders. Munmy boy, what are you doing with an open LovePeddler?simp. Get the Bleep out of their and fight life head on.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by oodua1stson: 7:25am On May 17, 2020
Pretty sure you hated your dad and thought hes a bad person. Now you can see why he can no longer stand your mother
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by revilomichaels(m): 7:26am On May 17, 2020
samicine:

Before moving
Who pays your school fees. If she’s the one then stay back.
And keep hustling but if she’s not the one paying school fees. Then save until you have enough. Don’t go for a house that’s bigger than you. Be wise
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Ndaduma: 7:27am On May 17, 2020
How often do you assist your mother with the little you earning from your hustle.? Very important question. Becouse your regular assistance will go a long in reducing the stress of catering for the family. My advice for you is give like 5k from your little savings. Tell her although you didint steal the money but she should take that as a support. You will see a positive change from her. Nothing is too much to do for your parents in particula,r your mother. I once experienced the same problem before when I was young . It was later they found the culprit. My mother never apologised to me. Dont move out ooooo.Outside is dangerous. You can not sustain yourself fully with that meagre amount you are keeping as a saving.������

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Pregnant Women Craving For Weird Things / When Does A Woman Conceive? / Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.