Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! (5937 Views)

NIGERIAN Upwork Freelancers To Start Paying VAT By April / Successful Upwork Freelancers, Please Come To My Aid! / Upwork Freelancers, Do Come In. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by vickertony(m): 1:22pm On May 19, 2020
VictorBode:

I charge $30/hr on upwork and being a Nigerian has zero effect.

The problem is most people dont know how to send proposals and optimize their profiles.

I'm also on fiverr too and still doing fine.

What people dont know is that Nigeria is better than so many countries.
what's your niche and skills you offer Boss?
Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by VictorBode(m): 1:29pm On May 19, 2020
vickertony:

what's your niche and skills you offer Boss?

I'm a copywriter but I do content and article writing too.
Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by VictorBode(m): 1:36pm On May 19, 2020
Jetjacky:
I like what you are selling bro, especially the latter. How do you make that happen?

I like to know what you know regarding Upwork and Fiverr. I follow Danny Marguiles and Lex Deville you-focused strategies, experimenting on combining them.

Do you have a ballpark discount for the review service for both platforms?

Your first question. It's through client prospecting on facebook, LinkedIn and emails. It's more advanced but pays much higher. All you have to do is position yourself correctly.

Yes I know Danny. I was trained by him grin The you focused strategy is the best. And the reason why Dan is so good is because he's a copywriter.

Lol. The 10k is just for fiverr oo. But don't worry I'll show you other things as well.

For example, you dont just create a profile and leave it. There are some research and other things that you can do to help boost your profile to some of the front pages.

And also how to spot scams or bad clients. Etc

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by vickertony(m): 1:37pm On May 19, 2020
VictorBode:

I'm a copywriter but I do content and article writing too.
that's cool, I'm just starting out on fiverr as a copywriter too, please I love to learn a lot from you and your experiences.
I sent you pm.
Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by Jetjacky(m): 2:07pm On May 19, 2020
Indeed he is!!!

Thanks for the tips, will work on that.

Um, so how do I contact you?
VictorBode:

Your first question. It's through client prospecting on facebook, LinkedIn and emails. It's more advanced but pays much higher. All you have to do is position yourself correctly.

Yes I know Danny. I was trained by him grin The you focused strategy is the best. And the reason why Dan is so good is because he's a copywriter.

Lol. The 10k is just for fiverr oo. But don't worry I'll show you other things as well.

For example, you dont just create a profile and leave it. There are some research and other things that you can do to help boost your profile to some of the front pages.

And also how to spot scams or bad clients. Etc
Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by islamics(m): 4:48pm On May 19, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Please which niche of programming are you into? I applied but my profile was not approved. I was hoping to ply my android Dev skill there.
Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:58pm On May 19, 2020
islamics:

Please which niche of programming are you into? I applied but my profile was not approved. I was hoping to ply my android Dev skill there.
I work as a digital marketer on Upwork. I just started learning to code. Why not try Toptal? but getting in is like getting a job at Google. Same interview process.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by ambitiouschap1: 4:59pm On May 19, 2020
G12:

Hi, I'm having an issue with someone you vouched for in one thread for over 2 weeks now. He's been making my life miserable for 2 weeks after I sent him payment for UpWork training. I wouldn't want to disclose his moniker yet. Please, I need to talk to you. Maybe he'll listen to you since you trust him.

Thanks!

please is it the guy that show screenshot of $6k dollar earn, and did he ask for 20k as payment?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by ambitiouschap1: 4:59pm On May 19, 2020
comanche you are doing well, may Allah SWT bless you
Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by Graxie(f): 8:51pm On May 19, 2020
Op be very vigilant, newbies coming here shine your eyes.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by anchex101(m): 10:23pm On May 19, 2020
[quote author=islamics post=89728326]
Please which niche of programming are you into? I applied but my profile was not approved. I was hoping to ply my android Dev skill there.[/quote

Getting your upwork profiles approved are a lot harder than cracking a nut with an egg. You can message me to get your profile approved in just 5 minutes. Contact me on whatsapp 081246853 and 90

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by Jetjacky(m): 1:24am On May 20, 2020
Thanks. I love your signature.
Graxie:
Op be very vigilant, newbies coming here shine your eyes.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by islamics(m): 8:42am On May 20, 2020
anchex101:
Okay. Will do so.

tensazangetsu20:

I work as a digital marketer on Upwork. I just started learning to code. Why not try Toptal? but getting in is like getting a job at Google. Same interview process.
Mehn Toptal competitive ooo. But will keep trying. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by VictorBode(m): 10:55am On May 20, 2020
Jetjacky:
Indeed he is!!!

Thanks for the tips, will work on that.

Um, so how do I contact you?

Sure thing man.

Check my signature, my WhatsApp number is there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by naijacutee(f): 11:10am On May 20, 2020
ambitiouschap1:

please is it the guy that show screenshot of $6k dollar earn, and did he ask for 20k as payment?

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by CowbellY: 12:45pm On May 23, 2020
CowbellY:
Here to warn people that the prolific scammer Fidelis Aganyi Ukwada is still roaming these threads on the prowl for exchangers and writers to scam.

The little thief who spends his time masturbating and gambling life away should not be traded with.

That boy can never appreciate an honest job in his life. It's in him to scam people.

I'm supporting my brother Kadafs and whoever he has scammed to warn other people to beware of him.

Account number : 0427329318, GT Bank
Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by CowbellY: 1:04pm On May 24, 2020
G12:

Hi, I'm having an issue with someone you vouched for in one thread for over 2 weeks now. He's been making my life miserable for 2 weeks after I sent him payment for UpWork training. I wouldn't want to disclose his moniker yet. Please, I need to talk to you. Maybe he'll listen to you since you trust him.

Thanks!

Has this been resolved ?
Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by G12(m): 2:42pm On May 24, 2020
ambitiouschap1:

I don't want to mention any name yet.
Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by G12(m): 2:42pm On May 24, 2020
CowbellY:

Has this been resolved ?

On it!
Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by ambitiouschap1: 3:08pm On May 24, 2020
G12:

I don't want to mention any name yet.
okay
Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by Olakunle007(m): 12:02am On May 25, 2020
Making money online has never been as easy as it is today.

Master the simple art of freelancing and make as much as $250 per month on Fiverr and UpWork

Join our 7-day intensive training on how to make MONEY on Fiverr & Upwork.

Date: June 1 - 7, 2020
Venue: WhatsApp Group
Price: #N2,000

For more information, please visit www DigitalPud.com or send a message to https:///2349049121258.

Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by ThaThinka: 10:21pm On Aug 21, 2020
Comanche:

Sure, your nationality as a Nigerian might be an issue at first as a new freelancer, but I believe once you can show clients you are good at what you do, then you'd get great paying jobs. When I started out on Upwork, it was tough. But I kept researching on different ways to be better in terms of my proposals and In terms of my writing.

30 USD for 1000 words isnt something unattainable as a Nigerian. You know what's worse than being a Nigerian on Upwork? It is being one and wearing an hijab. So I could potentially be discriminated on 2 counts: being black and being a Muslim.

But here I am an ordinary article writer still securing 1000 words for 200 to 300 USD. So don't give up!

Interesting. Ordinary article? Could you tell me what niche is that, please? Sounds unbelievable!
Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by BlueBanana: 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

It wasnt a job test like going into Facebook ads and running ads. It was a test with Microsoft excel testing digital marketing knowledge similar to code test for jobs. I still relate to the CEO and they are seriously struggling especially with the lockdown in Spain.

The test was on Digital marketing knowledge and applying them to real-life scenarios. Things like ROAS, Case studies, and things like that.
Bro, I recently began learning digital marketing, but I don't know where to start from. I would really appreciate it if you could point me to where you learnt yours. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2020
BlueBanana:

Bro, I recently began learning digital marketing, but I don't know where to start from. I would really appreciate it if you could point me to where you learnt yours. Thanks
Start with Facebook ads then move to google ads. Google ads is much learn everything there then you can learn SEO if you wish.
Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by BlueBanana: 5:23pm On Sep 18, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Start with Facebook ads then move to google ads. Google ads is much learn everything there then you can learn SEO if you wish.
Thanks. can you recommend materials I can learn with, like pdf or videos.
Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:35pm On Sep 18, 2020
BlueBanana:

Thanks. can you recommend materials I can learn with, like pdf or videos.
You can learn everything with YouTube.
Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by BlueBanana: 5:52pm On Sep 18, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Ok thanks. Just that YouTube can be a little overwhelming especially for a beginner
Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by Goodyluvs: 6:19pm On Sep 18, 2020
Jetjacky:
Hi, guys!

So, I have been doing some research on Upwork about lots of things regarding freelancers, and I have come to realize certain things. One of them, which leads to my concern is that, several clients have been pissed finding out that their hired freelancer lied about their name, location, or stuff like that. Some hit up freelancers who claim they are in the UK, but it turns out that they are in India or some other region. Bummer. (Just google it)

I have also tried researching how Nigerian Upwork freelancers are fairing on the platform and the data I received is really conflicting and for the most part, discouraging. I have also come across some community threads with some Nigerians defending the platform as being supportive and fair to Nigerians, yet most of those defenders have not really been active on the platform.

So, I want to hear from you.

How is working on the platform as a Nigerian like for you, as writer, programmer, etc? Mostly writers, since you guys need to compete with those born or in native English-speaking countries?

Are you able to secure gigs like every other day, week, or month?

Can you easily up you raise there like up to 0.05/word or $50/hour and still secure great jobs whenever?

I have seen several accounts who their great days was in 2019 or 2017 and some who have two to three works per year, and some who only have two jobs on their account. I have also seen those who have been on it for years, like way back to 2014? With lots of completed projects, but in the recent years, lesser works too with some having bad pays, for those who agree to disclose the sum.

So, please, help me out here. How is it like for you operating your Nigerian Upwork account and is it worth it?

Thanks for your time,
Jet.

For our Naija brothers and sisters on Upwork and Fiverr as freelancers, and you need skills upgrade to make more money, you need to read this.....
https://www.nairaland.com/6114064/vidicious-review-massive-bonuses-rdr
Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by BlueBanana: 10:45pm On Sep 18, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Can you suggest a YouTube channels I can start from?
Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:04pm On Sep 18, 2020
BlueBanana:

Can you suggest a YouTube channels I can start from?
Surfside ppc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by BlueBanana: 11:10pm On Sep 18, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Surfside ppc.
Thanks man, I appreciate
Re: Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! by stagger: 12:40am On Sep 19, 2020
Truth is Upwork is a stepping stone to bigger things. I know developers who are now working for other companies and earning up to 5000 euros a month. Not many gigs on Upwork can pay this. Hope you know.

So use Upwork, build a reputation and move to LinkedIn and other channels. Occasionally come to Upwork if you need some coins for sundry expenses.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? / Statoil Loses 5% Stake In Agbami Oilfield, To Pay Chevron $1.1bn / How I Make Over 70k Daily In Telecoms/VTU Business (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.