Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,973 members, 7,866,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:18 PM

Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima (10473 Views)

Bandits Kill 21 In Bauchi, Katsina / Ganduje: No State Fights Corruption In Nigeria More Than Kano / Presidency Reacts To APC Bye-election Victories In Bauchi, Katsina, Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Niggmatic: 10:28pm On May 16, 2020
omonnakoda:

The first Ezearo was Nnubi an Akamkpa

You guys are always parroting

Ibo enwe Eze
Ibo no get king
Ibo are Republican

So why are you talking of Eze Aro?

Exactly what happened in Hausaland happened in Arochukwu.
Is Ibini Ukpabi an Ibo deity?

Is the Ekpe secret society an Ibo institution?

From my secondary school text book. I think I understand their "Ibo has no king" concept. Most of their communities don't have kingship system but few do. The main gist is that iIbo as a group has no general king. That's what I was meant to understand tho.
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Sunshineg5(m): 10:29pm On May 16, 2020
Ayekotoo:

Go to Kaduna, Taraba and Adamawa and see how fulani are marrying off the Christian women.
And giving their children Yoruba names

btw None of the governors of Kwara apart from Saraki has a Fulani lineage.
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by illicit(m): 10:30pm On May 16, 2020
Ojiofor:

Didn't you hear wetin Baba Galadima talk? That Kwara is core northern state than Kano and Kaduna. That the rulers of Ilorin are descendants of Othman dan fodio brother. How are they Yoruba?
Kwara is a Yoruba state. Galadima is no authority in history or even politics
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by omonnakoda: 10:31pm On May 16, 2020
Niggmatic:

From my secondary school text book. I think I understand their "Ibo has no king" concept. Most of their communities don't have kingship system but few do. The main gist is that iIbo as a group has no general king.
Ezearo was an external Akamkpa king that came from Akwa Ibom area and installed his generations as dynasty in Arochukwu. Normally Igbo do not have kings except in places where they were conquered by outsiders e,g Nri,Onitsha Oguta and Arochukwu

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Balogunodua(m): 10:32pm On May 16, 2020
rummmy:
still does not change the fact that a Fulani Emir is the Emir of ILORIN and the chairman of kwara state traditional rulers and he is under the sokoto caliphate...... and not the Alafin.
Attah of Igala is the chairman of Kogi traditional rulers, but that does not mean he is superior to others.
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by FlordFlorez(m): 10:33pm On May 16, 2020
Ilorin is the capital of kwara. That makes ilorin kwara. Again, if ilorin is northern then kwara is northern. Shikena.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by omonnakoda: 10:34pm On May 16, 2020
dokiOloye:

lolz.
If you know Aro ppl,then you should know if anyone could sell d other,it must surely be the Aros.
They are about the most shrewd and worldly wise ppl among the Igbos grin
That is what I said

The Aros are a hybrid just like Hausa/Fulani with the Akamkpa in charge as rulers and Ibos as ruled underclass.They sold the less civilised Pure Ibos for centuries
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by franozx: 10:34pm On May 16, 2020
Sammy07:

Kwara people has never denied their Yorubaness unlike Ikewerre.

Do you see us grabbing Itshekiri?

The reason y they denied being Igbos is just because of Oil. Same reason itshekiri denies being Yoruba.

The truth is ikwerres, ekpeyes, etches, and other igboid sub-groups are pure blooded Igbos... My grandfather told me some of their migration history but let me not go into that now.

Do u know that Igbo as a language has over 20dialets. I bearly understand the ohafia, ngwa, nsukka and abakiliki dialect. But I understand the anioma and etches dialect very very well. So u see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by omonnakoda: 10:36pm On May 16, 2020
rummmy:
oga ,ukpabi is an arochukwu name.... and ekpe is quite different from ekpo..... Good night.
See dodging
Ibini Ukpabi is an Ibibio deity

Is it Igbo deity?
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by franozx: 10:36pm On May 16, 2020
omonnakoda:
Ezearo was an external Akamkpa king that came from Akwa Ibom area and installed his generations as dynasty in Arochukwu. Normally Igbo do not have kings except in places where they were conquered by outsiders e,g Nri,Onitsha Oguta and Arochukwu

The truth is in the past, many kingdoms were conquered. Some happened even more than 2000years ago. So how such are u that u are100% from ur tribe and that ur ancestors didn't migrate nor were conquered and then forgot their aboriginal language
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Niggmatic: 10:37pm On May 16, 2020
omonnakoda:
Any link to this?
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Ayekotoo(m): 10:37pm On May 16, 2020
Balogunodua:

But still Ilorin is 70% Yoruba.

I don't believe the figure. It should be 30% Yoruba, or have you forgotten, majority always win grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by omonnakoda: 10:38pm On May 16, 2020
Niggmatic:

Any link to this?
There are
Google us your friend
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Ojiofor: 10:38pm On May 16, 2020
illicit:

Kwara is a Yoruba state. Galadima is no authority in history or even politics

I respect your position no argument I also respect Saraki's claim of being Fulani due to the fact our constitution gave every Nigerian citizen right to swap ethnicity as he or she wishes.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Sammy07: 10:38pm On May 16, 2020
franozx:

The reason y they denied being Igbos is just because of Oil. Same reason itshekiri denies being Yoruba.

The truth is ikwerres, ekpeyes, etches, and other igboid sub-groups are pure blooded Igbos... My grandfather told me some of their migration history but let me not go into that now.

Do u know that Igbo as a language has over 20dialets. I bearly understand the ohafia, ngwa, nsukka and abakiliki dialect. But I understand the anioma and etches dialect very very well. So u see

As you can see that we're different.

Kwara state ain't denying their Yorubaness likewise kogi west.

But, Ikewerres, you said because of oil.
If they deny their igboness then you guys should leave me.

I've not heard where Itshekiris deny their Yorubaness and if at all they deny, we leave them.

You guys are better off without Ikewerres

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Sunshineg5(m): 10:39pm On May 16, 2020
Ayekotoo:

I don't believe the figure. It should be 30% Yoruba, or have you forgotten, majority always win grin grin
Ilorin is 70% pure Yoruba bruv

The mix blood are the majority of the Elites tho.
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by omonnakoda: 10:40pm On May 16, 2020
franozx:

The truth is in the past, many kingdoms were conquered. Some happened even more than 2000years ago. So how such are u that u are100% from ur tribe and that ur ancestors didn't migrate nor were conquered and then forgot their aboriginal language

Everybody know say yansh dey back.No be today e done tay

What is the relevance of that here now.
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Ayekotoo(m): 10:40pm On May 16, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Jebba is the most northern town in Kwara state and More Oyo-oba(Yoruba) than some places in Ondo, Ogun who were never described with that term before the advent of Nigeria..

Sadly just like many Yoruba towns in Kwara today, Jebba formed an alliance with Emir Shitta to destroy Katunga (old Oyo empire capital).

However, Today jabba still hangs on to Its Yoruba heritage.

That means they still got some balls.
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by rummmy: 10:41pm On May 16, 2020
Balogunodua:

OSU i repeat stop typing trash from you alaigbo cave, so Abdulrakeem Aduramigba representing Kwara and Kogi Yorubas in Afenifere is an Ipob abi Osu like i said come and pursue the Okun people in Agbekoya, YCE, ORA etc.
An anioma(south south) man once lead ohaneze ndigbo .

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by franozx: 10:41pm On May 16, 2020
Sammy07:

As you can see that we're different.

Kwara state ain't denying their Yorubaness likewise kogi west.

But, Ikewerres, you said because of oil.
If they deny their igboness then you guys should leave me.

I've not heard where Itshekiris deny their Yorubaness and if at all they deny, we leave them.

You guys are better off without Ikewerres

Kul. Anyway all these were effects of war sha... Then state creation and zoning..... Then come to think of it, can the Yoruba's in the north ever join SW? Just be truthful to urself

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Balogunodua(m): 10:44pm On May 16, 2020
rummmy:
An anioma(south south) man once lead ohaneze ndigbo .
So

How does that affects me
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Sunshineg5(m): 10:45pm On May 16, 2020
Ayekotoo:

That means they still got some balls.
Even in Ilorin Yorubas who were brain washed by Islam ideology joined with the Fulani to fight Alafin who they felt was a idol worshiper who didn't mean well for them, something similar to what they did in Hausa kingdoms.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Balogunodua(m): 10:46pm On May 16, 2020
Ayekotoo:

What makes you think fula are in majority
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by rummmy: 10:46pm On May 16, 2020
omonnakoda:

If it likes it can be in Mars

Ezearos are Akamkpa

Akamkpa
Sold Eboes as slaves for centuries now you are claiming Aros are Eboes

You were slaves to Aros

Who rules Arochukwu?
Dont take it personal bros, ague with facts..... You listen to beer parlour gossips much.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Sammy07: 10:46pm On May 16, 2020
franozx:

Kul. Anyway all these were effects of war sha... Then state creation and zoning..... Then come to think of it, can the Yoruba's in the north ever join SW? Just be truthful to urself

Yes 100%..

If you doubt me.
Go to any of those towns in kwara state And ask.
They've always wanted to join southwest if not for politics that placed them in NC.

If you follow news very well.
Kwara people voice out that they wanted be part of Amotekun.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by franozx: 10:46pm On May 16, 2020
omonnakoda:

Everybody know say yansh dey back.No be today e done tay

What is the relevance of that here now.

That's is it. Yes there were once conquered but today's arochukwu, oguta, Onitsha are in SE unlike Kwara that is now in the north
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Sunshineg5(m): 10:47pm On May 16, 2020
franozx:

They have been fighting to join South West since
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Niggmatic: 10:47pm On May 16, 2020
omonnakoda:

There are
Google us your friend

You are dishing out misinformation. Please some of us are here to learn. If have no knowledge of what you are talking about, please stop talking about it.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Ayekotoo(m): 10:48pm On May 16, 2020
Sunshineg5:
And giving their children Yoruba names

btw None of the governors of Kwara apart from Saraki has a Fulani lineage.

No, the children bear the names of the Christian wives too or the names of the community where those women hailed from.

My grandfather as an Awori man used the second method on an Hausa woman here in Lagos. Paid them with their coins grin
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by franozx: 10:49pm On May 16, 2020
Sammy07:

Yes 100%..

If you doubt me.
Go to any of those towns in kwara state And ask.
They've always wanted to join southwest if not for politics that placed them in NC.

If you follow news very well.
Kwara people voice out that they wanted be part of Amotekun.

That might lead to another agitation if not managed properly then war for the north to allow them join amotekan. Its a struggle and a long journey bro likewise Biafra
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Sunshineg5(m): 10:51pm On May 16, 2020
Ayekotoo:

No, the children bear the names of the Christian wives too or the names of the community where those women hailed from.

My grandfather as an Awori man used the second method on an Hausa woman here in Lagos. Paid them with their coins grin
So na Awori you be?

Same thing that happened to Awori in Lagos with an Oba coming from a Bini lineage is how the Emir of Ilorin comes from Fulani lineage

So does that make the whole Lagos bini kingdom?
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Sammy07: 10:52pm On May 16, 2020
franozx:

That might lead to another agitation if not managed properly then war for the north to allow them join amotekan. Its a struggle and a long journey bro likewise Biafra

Yeah, A struggle and a long journey.

Many towns in kwara state don't flow with ilorin (state capital) just because of that emir title.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Malami: FG To Deploy Tucano Jets Against Terrorists, Bandits / NLC Faults N180 Billion Palliatives, Says Governors Will Frustrate Programme / Kashamu Empowers Constituents, Artisans In Ijebu North East, Ikenne And Sagamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.