Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,994 members, 7,866,740 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:52 AM

Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima (10479 Views)

Bandits Kill 21 In Bauchi, Katsina / Ganduje: No State Fights Corruption In Nigeria More Than Kano / Presidency Reacts To APC Bye-election Victories In Bauchi, Katsina, Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by omonnakoda: 10:05pm On May 16, 2020
rummmy:
Arochukwu is in present day Abia state, South East... A core igbo state...... Akamkpa is in cross river state.....study your map well you no go gree.
Arochuku is ruled by Akamkpa kings to this day

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by dokiOloye(m): 10:05pm On May 16, 2020
omonnakoda:
Arochukwu was lost to Ibibio and Akamkpa do something about THAT
Arochukwu is in Ohafia local govt of Abia state

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Ayekotoo(m): 10:05pm On May 16, 2020
emperorshaokahn:
look at this wannabe yoruboy goat calling igbos osu,if you think say you be yoruba go afenifere go tell dem whether dem no go pursue your northern ass back to kogi,aboki.

Dare Art Alade is an aboki from kogi too?
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Sammy07: 10:06pm On May 16, 2020
Ojiofor:

Abeg respect the deadman's wish of being a Fulani.
Che in Nigeria everybody have a right to choose his ethnic group?
Abi na only Igbos in SS such rights are reserved for?
The man said he is Fulani from Mali so let it be as he wished.

Well, it is his wish.

But one thing I know kwara state of is that, they usually challenge someone history.

Like they tell you how you enter any of the town you resides.

You grab.
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Ojiofor: 10:07pm On May 16, 2020
illicit:

Wherever his parents came from doesn't change the fact that he himself in particular is Yoruba from Ilorin

Late Saraki senior said his father was a Fulani from Mali,so therefore all his descendants are Fulani full stop.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Sammy07: 10:08pm On May 16, 2020
dokiOloye:

FROM THE OLDER SARAKI HIMSELF

b]Real identity

My mother is from Iseyin in Oyo State, while my father is from Ilorin in Kwara State. My great-great grandfather originated from Mali and I am talking about some 150 to 200 years ago. And they are Fulani and that is where we got our Fulani connection from. My great grandfather settled in Ilorin preaching the religion of Islam. A section of Ilorin came from Gwandu and they were religious, but my people came there as practising Muslims from Mali with their own Quran. In fact, the Emir and I used to joke that we had our own Quran and that nobody gave us Quran. My great-grandfather brought our own Quran to Ilorin from Mali to Agbaji where we settled. The Agbaji quarters is about 200 to 300 years old. Over the years, religious piety and devotion have led the prohibition of drumming (in whatever circumstance) in the area

I keep telling you he only said that because of politics..

He's from Ogun state.
Ask from your elders
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by illicit(m): 10:08pm On May 16, 2020
dokiOloye:

FROM THE OLDER SARAKI HIMSELF

b]Real identity

My mother is from Iseyin in Oyo State, while my father is from Ilorin in Kwara State. My great-great grandfather originated from Mali and I am talking about some 150 to 200 years ago. And they are Fulani and that is where we got our Fulani connection from. My great grandfather settled in Ilorin preaching the religion of Islam. A section of Ilorin came from Gwandu and they were religious, but my people came there as practising Muslims from Mali with their own Quran. In fact, the Emir and I used to joke that we had our own Quran and that nobody gave us Quran. My great-grandfather brought our own Quran to Ilorin from Mali to Agbaji where we settled. The Agbaji quarters is about 200 to 300 years old. Over the years, religious piety and devotion have led the prohibition of drumming (in whatever circumstance) in the area
He is a politician, what do you expect
Saraki is Yoruba because he was born in Ilorin.
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by seunmsg(m): 10:08pm On May 16, 2020
rummmy:
yes sarakis came from futa Djaloon but they will keep ruling kwara till eternity and there is nothing you guys can do about it..... Like some of your brothers said, kwara is lost and they have moved on, it's better you move on with them, kwara is more core north than even Kano.... It belong to the fulanis

In case you don’t know, o to ge happened in Kwara last year and the current governor of the state is a Yoruba man.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by rummmy: 10:10pm On May 16, 2020
omonnakoda:

Arochuku is ruled by Akamkpa kings to this day
i don't ague with ignorant people....i ague with sensible people........ EZE ARO is the ruler of aro, FULANI EMIR is the ruler of ILORIN and kwara state head of traditional rulers.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Ayekotoo(m): 10:10pm On May 16, 2020
Sammy07:

There are too many ears here tho.
But nevertheless.

Even ilorin itself.
Is divided into two.
Some are pro Yoruba
Some are Pro Fulani.

Now you are talking or typing. Lol
The pro Fulani have made sure they silenced the minority (pro Yoruba).

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by illicit(m): 10:11pm On May 16, 2020
Ojiofor:

Late Saraki senior said his father was a Fulani from Mali,so therefore all his descendants are Fulani full stop.
They are Yorubas, why didn't they go to Sokoto and claim Fulani there.
They were born in Ilorin and so they claim Ilorin which is Yoruba land. Hence forth they are Yorubas notwithstanding where there ancestors come from.

Everyone of us has ancestors that came from different places but we claim where they were domiciled, aint it
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Sammy07: 10:11pm On May 16, 2020
illicit:

I said the same thing ooo.
But they never hear.

Saraki is not from Kwara state at all.

He said that because of politics

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by omonnakoda: 10:12pm On May 16, 2020
dokiOloye:

Arochukwu is in Ohafia local govt of Abia state
If it likes it can be in Mars

Ezearos are Akamkpa

Akamkpa
Sold Eboes as slaves for centuries now you are claiming Aros are Eboes

You were slaves to Aros

Who rules Arochukwu?

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Ayekotoo(m): 10:14pm On May 16, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Google Oba of Jebba

And tell me if he is not true to his roots

Is jebba and Ilorin the same?
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Ojiofor: 10:16pm On May 16, 2020
Sammy07:

Well, it is his wish.

But one thing I know kwara state of is that, they usually challenge someone history.

Like they tell you how you enter any of the town you resides.

You grab.

It is only in Nigeria people can swap their ethnicity. according to our neighbors, lets respect the choice of Sarakis to be Fulani.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by omonnakoda: 10:17pm On May 16, 2020
rummmy:
i don't ague with ignorant people....i ague with sensible people........ EZE ARO is the ruler of aro, FULANI EMIR is the ruler of ILORIN and kwara state head of traditional rulers.
The first Ezearo was Nnubi an Akamkpa

You guys are always parroting

Ibo enwe Eze
Ibo no get king
Ibo are Republican

So why are you talking of Eze Aro?

Exactly what happened in Hausaland happened in Arochukwu.
Is Ibini Ukpabi an Ibo deity?

Is the Ekpe secret society an Ibo institution?

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Ayekotoo(m): 10:18pm On May 16, 2020
Sunshineg5:
So doesn't Buhari see himself as Hausa Fulani?

Buhari is a Fulani man but speaks Hausa after conquering the lands.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by rummmy: 10:18pm On May 16, 2020
seunmsg:

In case you don’t know, o to ge happened in Kwara last year and the current governor of the state is a Yoruba man.
still does not change the fact that a Fulani Emir is the Emir of ILORIN and the chairman of kwara state traditional rulers and he is under the sokoto caliphate...... and not the Alafin.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by dokiOloye(m): 10:18pm On May 16, 2020
illicit:

You are correct grin

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Ayekotoo(m): 10:20pm On May 16, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Do you know the previous governor have christian wife like Saraki himself

Which Fulani can do that?

Go to Kaduna, Taraba and Adamawa and see how fulani are marrying off the Christian women.
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Balogunodua(m): 10:21pm On May 16, 2020
Ayekotoo:

Yorubas from Kogi are true to their ancestry unlike the Ilorin people. Omu-Aran, Erin-Ile, Ajase, offa etc are Yoruba towns in Kwara not Ilorin.
But still Ilorin is 70% Yoruba.
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by rummmy: 10:21pm On May 16, 2020
omonnakoda:

The first Ezearo was Nnubi an Akamkpa

You guys are always parroting

Ibo enwe Eze
Ibo no get king
Ibo are Republican

So why are you talking of Eze Aro?

Exactly what happened in Hausaland happened in Arochukwu.
Is Ibini Ukpabi an Ibo deity?

Is the Ekpe secret society an Ibo institution?

oga ,ukpabi is an arochukwu name.... and ekpe is quite different from ekpo..... Good night.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Ojiofor: 10:21pm On May 16, 2020
illicit:

They are Yorubas, why didn't they go to Sokoto and claim Fulani there.
They were born in Ilorin and so they claim Ilorin which is Yoruba land. Hence forth they are Yorubas notwithstanding where there ancestors come from.

Everyone of us has ancestors that came from different places but we claim where they were domiciled, aint it

Didn't you hear wetin Baba Galadima talk?
That Kwara is core northern state than Kano and Kaduna.
That the rulers of Ilorin are descendants of Othman dan fodio brother.
How are they Yoruba?

3 Likes

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Sunshineg5(m): 10:22pm On May 16, 2020
Ayekotoo:

Is jebba and Ilorin the same?
Jebba is the most northern town in Kwara state and More Oyo-oba(Yoruba) than some places in Ondo, Ogun who were never described with that term before the advent of Nigeria..

Sadly just like many Yoruba towns in Kwara today, Jebba formed an alliance with Emir Shitta to destroy Katunga (old Oyo empire capital).

However, Today jabba still hangs on to Its Yoruba heritage.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Niggmatic: 10:23pm On May 16, 2020
Sunshineg5:
They are called Ife Togo in Togo or Ana people

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ana_people
The link says that they are an ethnic group and a sub yoruba group. I'm bit confused. Are they Yoruba in believe? Anyway, I appreciate your info . Thanks.
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by omonnakoda: 10:23pm On May 16, 2020
rummmy:
still does not change the fact that a Fulani Emir is the Emir of ILORIN and the chairman of kwara state traditional rulers and he is under the sokoto caliphate...... and not the Alafin.
No Oba is under the Alaafin outside Oyo .
The Olubada n is not under him

The emir of Ilorin is not and was never under the Sokoto caliphate

The caliphate was destroyed and abolished in 1903

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by franozx: 10:24pm On May 16, 2020
I have something to say. Some weeks back many threads were opened on how ikwerres and other igboid Riveriens weren't Igbos and were mere descendants of Benin. Many Yoruba like henicules supported that calling Igbos land grabbers who were only interested in their oil. Also some yorubas also called igbos landlocked and then said port haucourt(ikwere land) can't be Igbo land...then all of a sudden now, kwara is now Yoruba land...isn't that hypocrisy?.. How do u feel when a part of u denies being part of you just because of mere start creation??.. In a saner climate, kwara should have been in SW because Fulani's were mere visitors not aborigines...... U see 1 thing about Nigeria and state creation.. Na pure scam. Divide and rule system.....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by dokiOloye(m): 10:24pm On May 16, 2020
omonnakoda:

If it likes it can be in Mars

Ezearos are Akamkpa

Akamkpa
Sold Eboes as slaves for centuries now you are claiming Aros are Eboes

You were slaves to Aros

Who rules Arochukwu?
lolz.
If you know Aro ppl,then you should know if anyone could sell d other,it must surely be the Aros.
They are about the most shrewd and worldly wise ppl among the Igbos grin

1 Like

Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Sunshineg5(m): 10:25pm On May 16, 2020
Niggmatic:

The link says that they are an ethnic group and a sub yoruba group. I'm bit confused. Are they Yoruba in believe? Anyway, I appreciate your info . Thanks.
Egba, Egbado, Oyo, Ekitis are all subgroups of Yorubas like Ana Yoruba.

Yes they are Yoruba in every believe and like most Yorubas in Nigeria trace their origin to Ife.
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Origamist: 10:25pm On May 16, 2020
seunmsg:

Not true. Otun was never part of Kwara State. Otun and some other Ekiti towns were ceded to the northern region by the British colonialist. It was Ekiti Pelupelu Obas that led the struggle to return Otun and Obo Ekiti to the west. They succeeded with Otun but the British refused to return Obo and the rest.

The Ekiti towns never opted to be part of the north or Kwara. They were forced into northern Nigeria by the crazy colonialists. Up till today, the people of these towns are still agitating to be returned to their kith and kins in the south west.
Kwara State should have been Ilorin Division,sorry about that.
I agree with your post.
But my point is,even though the colonists sided with the Emir of Ilorin,not all towns were persistent and unanimous in their decision to leave like Otun was back then.
Let's leave it at that.
Don't want to dwell on this any further.
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Sunshineg5(m): 10:26pm On May 16, 2020
Ayekotoo:

Buhari is a Fulani man but speaks Hausa after conquering the lands.
Buhari is a Hausa/Fulani man.
Re: Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima by Sammy07: 10:27pm On May 16, 2020
franozx:
I have something to say. Some weeks back many threads were opened on how ikwerres and other igboid Riveriens weren't Igbos and were mere descendants of Benin. Many Yoruba like henicules supported that calling Igbos land grabbers who were only interested in their oil. Also some yorubas also called igbos landlocked and then said port haucourt(ikwere land) can't be Igbo land...then all of a sudden now, kwara is now Yoruba land...isn't that hypocrisy?.. How do u feel when a part of u denies being part of you just because of mere start creation??.. In a saner climate, kwara should have been in SW because Fulani's were mere visitors not aborigines...... U see 1 thing about Nigeria and state creation.. Na pure scam. Divide and rule system.....

Kwara people has never denied their Yorubaness unlike Ikewerre.

Do you see us grabbing Itshekiri?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration / Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re-Election With N900M! / Delta State Commissioner Kidnapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.