Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Should I Continue Dating Her. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Continue Dating Her. (1448 Views)

As Her Boyfriend, Will You Continue Dating Her After Seeing This Her Tweet? / Should I Continue Dating Her? / Should i continue dating A FORMER Prostitute or leave her? (full Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Continue Dating Her. by icenti: 7:40am On May 17, 2020
Morning Nairalanders, I met this girl August last year and ever since then we've been dating. When I met her, I was in my final year in college, she was applying for PJamb which she didn't gain admission so she reapplied for jamb again December which she's still waiting for 2020 post jamb while I'm done with school.

I introduced her to some of my friends and they seem to like her except she drinks and seem a bit slutty from looks. I won't say they're wrong because a man in love tends not to see his partner flaws easily. She's 20 and I'm 23. I've got a Job and I can afford my needs.

Bottom line is I have the impression that now that I'm done with schooling, any girl I'll date would be the one that I'll eventually get married to. I've left the flirting school life I used to leave because even momsi wants me to start planning ahead. She loves me no doubt but I don't want to get married to an illitrate. My friends are constantly warning me against the effect of doing that. My mom too. However, I know she loves me and would do anything for me. Before you suggest I assist her in pursuing her dreams and gaining admission, I've seen stories on NL that it always end in tears. Her choice of institution is my place work. So which means we get to see everyday. She doesn't stay with her father or mother for years, she stays alone with all necessities provided by her parents. If eventually she gains admission, I'll likely help her in little way I can but if she doesn't she has to wait till next year and I don't see myself not having a child within the next two years.

Modified

I also don't want to waste her time so it won't be I'm the one who didn't allow her to find someone else who I know I don't want to marry an illiterate.

So house what do you think, should I let her go or continue.
Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by Davash222(m): 7:43am On May 17, 2020
1: she drinks and seem a bit slutty
2: she's 20
3: she stays alone
4: she's yet to be admitted yet she stays alone
5: her parents are NOT the ones providing for her necessities.
6: you're just 23
7: your friends are 90% right. Listen to them
8: you don't need a messiah to tell you that girl is into illicit acts. have you met any of her female friends?
9: investing on a Nigerian girlfriend is Investment of no Return.
10: stay away from Nigerian girls!

Bye.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by mediocre(m): 7:44am On May 17, 2020
Have you seen any signs to suggest that she's a slut besides her looks?
Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by icenti: 7:48am On May 17, 2020
mediocre:
Have you seen any signs to suggest that she's a slut besides her looks?

Not really except the fact that she says she loves drinking gin. But like I said I may be blinded by love or she may be hiding that aspect from me. Girls are like a two face of a coin they only let you see the aspect they want. Mom had the same feeling too when she saw her.
Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by izzou(m): 7:48am On May 17, 2020
Sincerely, if you have many doubts, just leave her. Don't waste your time, her time and injure her emotionally

Despite the fact that she wants to enroll in school, you still dey talk say she be illiterate. No be person wey go school go be literate?

Just go for another lady in your class. You may end up messing with her feelings because of your doubts

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by icenti: 7:50am On May 17, 2020
izzou:
Sincerely, if you have many doubts, just leave her. Don't waste your time, her time and injure her emotionally

Despite the fact that she wants to enroll in school, you still dey talk say she be illiterate. No be person wey go school go be literate?

Just go for another lady in your class. You may end up messing with her feelings because of your doubts

Not unless she starts school and make her grades else she's still an illitrate to me. Besides 4 years in college is a long time and anything can happen in college, she may end up getting pregnant for another guy. You know how University life is.
Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by Nobody: 7:52am On May 17, 2020
You are 23, still a child, live a little before you get married. Furthermore, your attitude towards this girl is one of a superiority complex please don't damage this girl with your superiority complex.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:53am On May 17, 2020
icenti:

Not unless she starts school and make her grades else she's still an illitrate to me. Besides 4 years in college is a long time and anything can happen in college, she may end up getting pregnant for another guy. You know how University life is.
if you know that, why bring the topic to nairaland, mchew

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by Plebian(f): 7:53am On May 17, 2020
You are trying to enforce your plans on this relationship, dont be in such a hurry to be married and start popping, babies just coz it's how society has taught you how to live, make money, learn, relax, travel, drink water, loosen up and have fun.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by GOFRONT(m): 7:53am On May 17, 2020
Chaii....In Nigeria, na we LOVE pass!!

We can LOVE for Africa!!!

And despite the Love, we always very lucky to see the signs of danger from the early stage, But 9 out of 10 of those that see the danger sign never bother to obey the sign........We prefer to go ahead despite the signs and then later on, we run into a disaster.....

She is slutty in nature, she drinks Ogogoro. I know she DOESN'T smoke....

Well, bros I rest my case.
Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by izzou(m): 7:54am On May 17, 2020
icenti:

Then let her go. Why do you need any advice?

If 4 years in college is a long time, why do you need an advice?

Look for a working class lady and move fast bro. You are most likely going to injure her emotionally

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by icenti: 7:54am On May 17, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:
You are 23, still a child, live a little before you get married.

Thanks for your advice but like I said, I want to to have my kid growing up with me while I grow. That way they would have grown old enough before I get to 50.
Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by dawnomike(m): 7:54am On May 17, 2020
I mean no to undermean you or you're readiness for life...But please, suspend the thoughts of marriage for now for you to see clearly and be more established.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by mediocre(m): 7:54am On May 17, 2020
icenti:

Not really except the fact that she says she loves drinking gin. But like I said I may be blinded by love or she may be hiding that aspect from me. Girls are like a two face of a coin they only let you see the aspect they want. Mom had the same feeling too when she saw her.
That she drinks doesn't make her a slut, because you probably also drink and no one is labeling you one. It's also unfair to assume she's a slut based on a feeling.

As regards the education aspect, I think you should just give it more time. Gaining admission can be difficult sometimes, so you owe her a bit of patience

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by Joevics(m): 7:55am On May 17, 2020
[quote author=icenti post=89634144]
lf your problem is with her being educated, then you can encourage her to take any admission that comes here way.

There are plenty of schools that seek for candidates yearly. Instead of focusing on a specific fed or state uni, she could start with an ND.

Even if you decide not to marry her, help her achieve her dreams of being educated, so someone else won't have to call her an ILLITERATE.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by donbachi(m): 7:56am On May 17, 2020
icenti:

naso she go drink one-day wen u no dey dia,come carry her nyansh open for ghetto boyz to use do experiment.
Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by icenti: 7:57am On May 17, 2020
dawnomike:
I mean no to undermean you or you're readiness for life...But please, suspend the thoughts of marriage for now for you to see clearly and be more established.

I'm not saying immediately, would have to date till about 25 or 26 there after, I'll have my kids and think of settling down. I want to use the time to study my partner.
Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by icenti: 8:01am On May 17, 2020
[quote author=Joevics post=89634497][/quote]

I'll try but it's the least I can do. I'm just trying to play safe so in the end I won't be the person who will be till "Bro, count your loss and move on" after wasting Time and resources
Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by Myhusband(m): 8:02am On May 17, 2020
At 23years it's too early to carry another person pikin burden for head but Op na salary work you won take dey help someone and tomorrow if they pray for you that you will be rich like Dangote you go scream Amen? If na so Dangote dey do santa Claus e go reach where e dey today

Which company your papa get wey you won dey get money from? Your income reach 200k even if he reach, are you forbidden to invest with it?

See hustler should stop following and dating all these broke girls, dey will consumed you and make you stagnant

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by EM123: 8:02am On May 17, 2020
I don't think u know what u want in a woman , if love her u can marry her and train her to he level u want her to be , thank GOD she has interest in continuing her education, if u marry her and train her in school she is urs forever , another person will not impregnant her . Go for what u want , if u don't want her then let her know instead of wasting her time.
Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by AfroKnight: 8:02am On May 17, 2020
Firstly, she’s not illiterate bro.

Secondly, what makes you think her parents won’t pay her school fees? You said they still provide for her.

Help her get ready for admission. You should not pay her fees. Just give her lots of motivation.
Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by icenti: 8:06am On May 17, 2020
Myhusband:
At 23years it's too early to carry another person pikin burden for head but Op na salary work you won take dey help someone and tomorrow if they pray for you that you will be rich like Dangote you go scream Amen? If na so Dangote dey do santa Claus e go reach where e dey today

Which company your papa get wey you won dey get money from? Your income reach 200k even if he reach, are you forbidden to invest with it?

See hustler should stop following and dating all these broke girls, dey will consumed you and make you stagnant

Lol, bro I don't spend exorbitantly on girls. It's not my duty to do that, I don't owe them that. I'm not their parents so I don't owe them that. I no carry her burden for my head only thing is I don't want us to waste our time if road no day there
Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by icenti: 8:07am On May 17, 2020
EM123:
I don't think u know what u want in a woman , if love her u can marry her and train her to he level u want her to be , thank GOD she has interest in continuing her education, if u marry her and train her in school she is urs forever , another person will not impregnant her . Go for what u want , if u don't want her then let her know instead of wasting her time.

Take a blue pill bro. I won't train her to university, that's one of the worse decision you can make as a young man
Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by icenti: 8:08am On May 17, 2020
AfroKnight:
Firstly, she’s not illiterate bro.

Secondly, what makes you think her parents won’t pay her school fees? You said they still provide for her.

Help her get ready for admission. You should not pay her fees. Just give her lots of motivation.
I do that in the best way I can
Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by eleko1: 8:08am On May 17, 2020
sad @ 23,u are spending money on a ‘FISH ‘Yes! Fish cos she drink.U still have a long way to go.Save/invest dat money on property.What if u eventually married and she use broken bottle draw OYO tribal mark on ur face/smash ur coconut head sad? How much u don give ur parents/wetin u don buy for dem? shocked
Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by icenti: 8:09am On May 17, 2020
Maggento101:
Op is the funniest dude have ever seen, you already have answers to your question. Anyway, don't let the lockdown prevent you from eating. Bring your business Digital. Get Ecommerce Online Store + Free Domain + SEO Manager for 5k. Click CHAT US on my signature for contact.

Which is ?
Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by AfroKnight: 8:09am On May 17, 2020
icenti:

I do that in the best way I can

Then you’re good to go.
Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by Inferno001(m): 8:09am On May 17, 2020
With all you have said and responded to the contributions of people, its obvious you know what you want period!!!
1. She "looks" slutty to you
2. She drinks gin
3. She is an illiterate
4. She can't have kids now because of her educational pursuit that will last 4yrs or more
5. You said all these yourself!!!!

So now with all these you've said about her, what more do you want people to advice you on? You already have your answer...cheers
Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by icenti: 8:09am On May 17, 2020
eleko1:
sad @ 23,u are spending money on a ‘FISH ‘Yes! Fish cos she drink.U still have a long way to go.Save/invest dat money on property.What if u eventually married and she use broken bottle draw OYO tribal mark on ur face/smash ur coconut head sad? How much u don give ur parents/wetin u don buy for dem? shocked

Quite where I said I spend on her? I'm not a simp
Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by icenti: 8:11am On May 17, 2020
Inferno001:
With all you have said and responded to the contributions of people, its obvious you know what you want period!!!
1. She "looks" slutty to you
2. She drinks gin
3. She is an illiterate
4. She can't have kids now because of her educational pursuit that will last 4yrs or more
5. You said all these yourself!!!!

So now with all these you've said about her, what more do you want people to advice you on? You already have your answer...cheers

grin grin ;DYou highlighted the keynotes out. I worried how it will make her feel even though I know it's the best thing for her
Re: Should I Continue Dating Her. by Myhusband(m): 8:12am On May 17, 2020
icenti:

Lol, bro I don't spend exorbitantly on girls. It's not my duty to do that, I don't owe them that. I'm not their parents so I don't owe them that. I no carry her burden for my head only thing is I don't want us to waste our time if road no day there

If you're dating a jobless and financial handicapped lady you can't be so sure that you can't beside you're not focusing on the right direction

Can't she express herself? I'm not saying she shouldn't go to school but what other potentials does she have to move the future with you

See I don't want you guys to fall victims anyhow, my babe I've to nurtured, enlightened and orientated her despite she was a graduate before we could be reasoning together. Now imagine i met a lady that was already nurtured, enlightened and orientated before I met her? I go don move pass this level

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Ex Want Me To Rape Her / Yoruba Men: Why Are You Obsessed About Dating Igbo Girls / Lack Of Self-confidence....I need help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.