Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) (64046 Views)

Psychological Slavery In Africa / Black Man Is Forced To Be Classified As White In The United States / Slavery In Calabar: A Psychic Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 03, 2013
i really cannot stand black people sometimes.
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by 419forlife: 8:09pm On Sep 03, 2013
*Kails*:

Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by 419forlife: 8:29pm On Sep 03, 2013
*Kails*:
[size=20pt]i really cannot stand black people sometimes.[/size]

Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by MrsChima(f): 8:44pm On Sep 03, 2013
*Kails*:

Okay sis...let me edit my posts. cry cry
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by MrsChima(f): 8:47pm On Sep 03, 2013
bigfrancis21:

grin. My nerve? For shizzle? grin

I could give you more sources ma'am.

How about this?
http://www.chron.com/news/article/Data-show-Nigerians-the-most-educated-in-the-U-S-1600808.php

Even Black Entertainment TV(BET), African Americans' number 1 station even acknowledges the Nigerians' pervasive education too! grin

http://www.bet.com/news/national/2012/03/20/survey-nigerians-most-educated-in-the-u-s.html

You did strike a nerve ma'am. But a kickass one. grin

Thank you for admitting I struck a nerve. How manly of you.

Can you find sources that is not an article....more like a census. Although we can't always trust census reports but they are much better than articles written by sole opinion.

Thanks in advance suga.
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by MrsChima(f): 8:52pm On Sep 03, 2013
*Kails*:
^^why dont you talk about the state of nigerians IN nigeria sir.
you will see some nigerians are actually not much better off than AAs.

Every ethnic group has impressive and embarrassing statistics.
[size=18pt]neither group is better than the other[/size].

you're not kicking ANYBODY in the azz, you're only stomping on your own foot.
this is what i ended up having to acknowledge after having argued with both AAs and
Nigerians
, as a caribbean. we are all equally fugged up.

and thats a FACT!

Nigerians themselves have "Ethered" your "we are better than you" claim on other threads.
i can post links if you want.

so take it for what it is, you are not AA, and so therefore their issues are not yours.
nobody asked you to respond, you took it upon YOURSELF to compare Nigerians to AAs
inserting all kinds of >> grin when in the end, IN your country it's not exactly glorious either.

and coming from a lineage that was notorious for selling their own flesh and blood
(who in turn became aas, caribbeans; etc), you might want to hide those teeth. wink

And Nairalanders have tethered me a brutal person. SHIDDDDD...this girl can kill somebody with few simple words!

(Smiling and going that my heffa)
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 11:35pm On Sep 03, 2013
*Kails*:
^^why dont you talk about the state of nigerians IN nigeria sir.
you will see some nigerians are actually not much better off than AAs.

Every ethnic group has impressive and embarrassing statistics.
[size=18pt]neither group is better than the other[/size].

you're not kicking ANYBODY in the azz, you're only stomping on your own foot.
this is what i ended up having to acknowledge after having argued with both AAs and
Nigerians
, as a caribbean. we are all equally fugged up.

and thats a FACT!

Nigerians themselves have "Ethered" your "we are better than you" claim on other threads.
i can post links if you want.

so take it for what it is, you are not AA, and so therefore their issues are not yours.
nobody asked you to respond, you took it upon YOURSELF to compare Nigerians to AAs
inserting all kinds of >> grin when in the end, IN your country it's not exactly glorious either.

and coming from a lineage that was notorious for selling their own flesh and blood
(who in turn became aas, caribbeans; etc), you might want to hide those teeth. wink

I think I just hit a nerve. grin grin

Good job Madam Kails. You can do better than that, you know? grin
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 11:44pm On Sep 03, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Thank you for admitting I struck a nerve. How manly of you.

Can you find sources that is not an article....more like a census. Although we can't always trust census reports but they are much better than articles written by sole opinion.

Thanks in advance suga.

The statistics on educated Nigerians was gotten from analysis of US census data and surveys. It couldn't get any more false than that you know. wink
It isn't no sole opinion.

I'm quite sure Mr. Chima got a masters degree. You made some great choice there. wink
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by MrsChima(f): 11:53pm On Sep 03, 2013
bigfrancis21:

The statistics on educated Nigerians was gotten from analysis of US census data and surveys. It couldn't get any more false than that you know. wink
It isn't no sole opinion.

I'm quite sure Mr. Chima got a masters degree. You made some great choice there. wink

On the American census..they group All Blacks together as African American/Black....No where on the census identify a specific tribe or country of origin. One Carrib chick complained that the census need to specify country of origin.

Secondly, the census is a compliation of surveys sent by individuals and those who didn't turn in their surveys were personally interviewed.

The interviewers aren't required to verify information given and people lie on their surveys.

I can tell you stories of the surveys people sent and quess how I know. grin grin

You may want to leave google alone.

Try again boo.boo.
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 12:01am On Sep 04, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

On the American census..they group All Blacks together as African American/Black....No where on the census identify a specific tribe or country of origin.

You may want to leave google alone.

Try again boo.

grin. Ma'am! You trying really hard to cover up something. cheesy

Did you read the links I dropped at all? I'm dropping it here again for posterity's sake.

http://www.bet.com/news/national/2012/03/20/survey-nigerians-most-educated-in-the-u-s.html

smiley
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 12:03am On Sep 04, 2013
Its midnight wednesday here already. I'm off to bed. See you tomorrow for the grand finale. tongue
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by MrsChima(f): 12:04am On Sep 04, 2013
bigfrancis21:

grin. Ma'am! You trying really hard to cover up something. cheesy

Did you read the links I dropped at all? I'm dropping it here again for posterity's sake.

smiley

You are trying to sound intelligent and failed horribly.

Lol@BET survey grin. Enough said! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by MrsChima(f): 12:04am On Sep 04, 2013
Still LMAO at the Census comment. grin

Let me call the my friend who was a Census interviewer as well.

This is some funny shit!
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Jayvarley(m): 12:16am On Sep 04, 2013
[quote author=bigfrancis21]

African Americans do not have a specific culture as they were firstly SOLD OUT by their own people where they were mistreated forced by Europeans to discard their African ties and cultures. Ever seen the Roots Movie where Kunte kinte was forced to accept the name Toby? African Americans need time to heal; Africans must realise before they cast judgements on them. Secondly African Americans are not just from one particular African tribe but many different ones that all had different cultures and customs so AA are influenced by a fusion of Cultures.

I was once watching a documentary where a Afro-Caribbean guy went to Nigeria and started talking to some of the oldest Igbo people. When he questioned them about the slave trade and what they thought about Africans selling other Africans. their response was simply " The white man Brought good things here" There was no sign of regret from them at what had been done. The guy left in total shock that the Igbo's never showed any remorse for selling their own Kinsmen and children.

Funny how this is never Boasted about eh?
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 12:17am On Sep 04, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

You are trying to sound intelligent and failed horribly.

Let me put up a snapshot image of the obvious fact you're trying so hard to ignore. Hold your chest ma'am. grin

Aha! grin That's BET reiterating 'em facts. grin

Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 12:22am On Sep 04, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Still LMAO at the Census comment. grin

Let me call the my friend who was a Census interviewer as well.

This is some funny shit!

Yea ma'am...Good ol' census never fails to do justice to the truth. Here it comes knockin' real hard again. Hold your chest again, ma'am. Don't go all shocked shocked. grin grin

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Data-show-Nigerians-the-most-educated-in-the-U-S-1600808.php

Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 12:28am On Sep 04, 2013
Lol @ struck a nerve.
Not at all dude.

I find you and ppl like you comical.
And the sad thing is, you fail to see how much a like you are to people I described...
The apple does not fall far from the tree...
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 12:29am On Sep 04, 2013
^^^^@JayVarley...I see you playing around with Seun's quote systems. You sure look like a learner! cheesy

AAs are so hilarious! grin
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 04, 2013
Jayvarley: African Americans do not have a specific culture as they were firstly SOLD OUT by their own people where they were their own people where they were mistreated forced by Europeans to discard their African ties and cultures. Ever seen the Roots Movie where Kunte kinte was forced to accept the name Toby?

African Americans need time to heal; Africans must realise before they cast judgements on them. Secondly African Americans are not just from one particular African tribe but many different ones that all had different cultures and customs so AA are influenced by a fusion of Cultures.

I was once watching a documentary where a Afro-Caribbean guy went to Nigeria and started talking to some of the oldest Igbo people. When he questioned them about the slave trade and what they thought about Africans selling other Africans. their response was simply " The white man Brought good things here" There was no sign of regret from them at what had been done.

The guy left in total shock that the Igbo's never showed any remorse for selling their own Kinsmen and children.

Wow.
I call THAT embarassing. Now what was the name of the documentary?
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Jayvarley(m): 12:31am On Sep 04, 2013
bigfrancis21: ^^^^@JayVarley...I see you playing around with Seun's quote systems. You sure look like a learner! cheesy

AAs are so hilarious! grin

Something went wrong anyway never mind the point still stands.
If it were not for the struggle AA fought for Nigerians would not be able to migrate to America today
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Jayvarley(m): 12:34am On Sep 04, 2013
*Kails*:

Wow.

It was on the BBC I cannot remember the name. Hopefully I will be able to stumble across it again
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 12:35am On Sep 04, 2013
Jayvarley:
African Americans do not have a specific culture as
they were firstly SOLD OUT by their own people
where they were mistreated forced by Europeans to
discard their African ties and cultures. Ever seen the
Roots Movie where Kunte kinte was forced to accept
the name Toby? African Americans need time to
heal; Africans must realise before they cast
judgements on them. Secondly African Americans
are not just from one particular African tribe but
many different ones that all had different cultures
and customs so AA are influenced by a fusion of
Cultures.

I was once watching a documentary where a Afro-Caribbean guy went to Nigeria and started talking to some of the oldest Igbo people. When he questioned them about the slave trade and what they thought about Africans selling other Africans. their response was simply " The white man Brought good things here" There was no sign of regret from them at what had been done. The guy left in total shock that the Igbo's never showed any remorse for selling their own Kinsmen and children.

Funny how this is never Boasted about eh?

@Bolded...you must be really new to the game of argument! grin You don't go fabricating some tales to score some cheap point and expect me to believe that? grin Drop verifiable links before BigFrancis can address that. wink

You done learned some proper quoting now? grin
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 04, 2013
Jayvarley:

It was on the BBC I cannot remember the name. Hopefully I will be able to stumble across it again

Oh ok bruv. smiley

What a fcked up legacy.....there is a reason some of our ancestors, esp. those who were born in their homelands, prefered to live in bondage.

Smh as I walk out.
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 12:38am On Sep 04, 2013
*Kails*:

Wow.

Stop pacifying him sister. Tell him the truth! lipsrsealed

grin grin
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Jayvarley(m): 12:40am On Sep 04, 2013
bigfrancis21:

@Bolded...you must be really new to the game of argument! grin You don't go fabricating some tales to score some cheap point and expect me to believe that? grin Drop verifiable links before BigFrancis can address that. wink

You done learned some proper quoting now? grin

I need not convince you Bigfrancis21, almost every AA and Carib knows that we were sold into slavery.
Are you denying Africans sold other Africans? Where do you stand on the argument?
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Jayvarley(m): 12:51am On Sep 04, 2013
Suddenly Bigfrancis21 is quiet shocked

He's obviously ashamed about something ugly in the history of his people grin
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 12:56am On Sep 04, 2013
Jayvarley:

I need not convince you Bigfrancis21, almost every AA and Carib knows that we were sold into slavery.
Are you denying Africans sold other Africans? Where do you stand on the argument?

I'm not denying that. I was referring to the fact that you made up some Caribbean-guy-and-Igbo-pride-in-slavery-documentary tale which I debunked and I don't believe. I only asked for verifiable links to such so-called documentary and then I can comment on that. Coming to the issue of slave trade, In fact, I'm well versed in the dynamics of the Transatlantic Slave Trade and the respective african ethnicities that were sold into the slave trade. Going through my past posts of around early this year will confirm that. Kails and I have been through the slave trade topic severally in February this year, she got my point and she also knows where I stand.

Slave trade is a thing of the past. Its nothing to be proud of. Africans didn't initiate the slave trade. Whites came looking for black slaves themselves, and Africans played ball. It was a 50-50 game. There would never have been a Transatlantic slave trade if the whites didn't come looking for slaves in the first place.

That's bygone anyway. We are talking about current issues, you're bringing up past issues. Current issues and dynamics facing the Nigerian and AA peoples is the topic of our discourse. If you want to discuss slave trade and history, I promise you I'll give you a good run for your money. But that will be tomorrow. Its 1am wednesday midnight here. And my eyes are heavy.

Catch you tomorrow. wink
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 12:57am On Sep 04, 2013
Jayvarley: Suddenly Bigfrancis21 is quiet shocked

He's obviously ashamed about something ugly in the history of his people grin

Don't pat yourself yet on the back for your imaginary victory. I was typing a long post as you can see. wink

grin
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 12:59am On Sep 04, 2013
*Kails*:

Oh ok bruv. smiley

What a fcked up legacy.....there is a reason some of our ancestors, esp. those who were born in their homelands, prefered to live in bondage.

Smh as I walk out.

@Bold...grin grin. Ciao senorita y no volver nunca más! tongue
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by MrsChima(f): 12:59am On Sep 04, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Yea ma'am...Good ol' census never fails to do justice to the truth. Here it comes knockin' real hard again. Hold your chest again, ma'am. Don't go all shocked shocked. grin grin

This nigga SONNED his own damn self. He went a pulled a survey done in Houston, Texas conducted by a local University when this nigga straight up said US Census.

See how Nigerians get bad rep in the world? Lying too damn much and will lie to the bitter end.
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 1:03am On Sep 04, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

This nigga SONNED his own damn self. He went a pulled a survey done in Houston, Texas conducted by a local University when this nigga straight up said US Census.

See how Nigerians get bad rep in the world? Lying too damn much and will lie to the bitter end.

@Bold...thought you called it a BET survey? grin grin
Mrs.Chima:

Oops! I guess you missed the '...survey conducted by the US Census Bureau...' part below ma'am. Take another look. wink

By the way, why trying so hard to debunk a fact that is already true? Why don't you come up with some data and links proving my statement on AA education wrong and showing the giant strides being made by AAs in education? undecided undecided

Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 1:08am On Sep 04, 2013
Fa ncha a gbafue! grin

Madam Chima, jee juo di gi ife m delu. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos / A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs / Meet Aare Boluwatife Akin-Olugbade: Owner Of 10 Rolls-Royces (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.