Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,147 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) (64033 Views)

Psychological Slavery In Africa / Black Man Is Forced To Be Classified As White In The United States / Slavery In Calabar: A Psychic Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 8:13pm On Sep 05, 2013
*Kails*:

Sir, like I said post a picture of these two flags

You lost that battle already this is a new one.
get tha getting. Asap. I dont have all day

Troll got me laughing real hard. You call creation of flags an achievement to brag about? OMG!

For heaven's sake any Tom, Dick and Harry could just pick up a couple of crayons and draw diagrams! OMG! African Americans are too funny.

I'll give you a better assignment. Why don't we try something scientific? Please name AAs who have made significant contributions to the US scientific community. I'm waiting.

What the hell is bragging about flags when you have more important things like science, literature, art, medicine and whatnot?

Menn, you guys must be high on coca cola. grin
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by eziza: 8:14pm On Sep 05, 2013
Jayvarley:

Is this meant to be an insult? grin

How can it be?
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
African Americans made no contribution to the field of science What Some of you people need to check out this thread...
https://www.nairaland.com/1246226/african-african-american-scientist-geniuses

Please don't make me jump in this thread.
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Jayvarley(m): 8:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
eziza: Oooh I seeee, Mullatos are no longer black in the US? Nice way of shifting blame. So I guess Malcolm X is not black and a mullato? Fredick Douglas nko? not black but a mullato? But I thought you were all mutts like some people desperately claim on this forum. Now I know there is a difference when it time to take responsibility. Niggers as usual bail out!

Now you have made yourself look stupid eziza

The term mulatto means mixed raced NOT LIGHT SKIN!

Malcom X was light skin not mixed raced duhhh!
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 8:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
Jayvarley:

Who told you African Americans have not contributed anything to Science?

No you are beginning to look silly. Do you not Know that any scientific works and discoveries by AA'S were hidden and released under white persons name! That was just the rule of the day I have a book with many great Black Inventors. I will dig it out and post you the name!!

Do you not know that in the US up to the 1970's whenever a black man sung a beautiful song, a white singer would redo the song over the take away the credit from black people?

Or did you not know that?

Also you need to learn properly about Garvey instead of making snap judgements when you do not know the facts!!

@Bold...hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha. That is the most childish and banal statement I've heard this year. Lmao!

Chai! Blacks were there and whites stole their inventions and they kept mute huh? You expect me to believe that? Even a kindergarten student can come up with a better alibi than that. Lmao!

C'mon man! This ain't no high school debate! grin

Oh boy! This niqqur is crazy.
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by MrsChima(f): 8:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
*Kails*:

Lol I got the original version on repeat right now sis grin

Lol at your whip a nigga motivation song. grin

I bet you jerking your neck sideways as you typing responses too! grin
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by MrsChima(f): 8:19pm On Sep 05, 2013
KidStranglehold: African Americans made no contribution to the field of science What Some of you people need to check out this thread...

You ain't gon do shit. tongue
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 8:19pm On Sep 05, 2013
I forgot to mention, Chinua Achebe was given the title, 'Father of Modern African Literature'. I didn't give him that. Americans did. tongue

Open google, type 'Father of Modern African Literature' and click on search! Bam! grin
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 05, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Troll got me laughing real hard. You call creation of flags an achievement to brag about? OMG!

For heaven's sake any Tom, Dick and Harry could just pick up a couple of crayons and draw diagrams! OMG! African Americans are too funny.

I'll give you a better assignment. Why don't we try something scientific? Please name AAs who have made significant contributions to the US scientific community. I'm waiting.

What the hell is bragging about flags when you have more important things like science, literature, art, medicine and whatnot?

Menn, you guys must be high on coca cola. grin

Here's a start. smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el5AZRyOA6Y

That's not even all I have...

1 Like

Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 05, 2013
You can always tell when someone does not know the history of a subject.

Now this coon just said Marcus Mosiah Garvey was nothing special yet when his ethnic group TRIED to secede from the nigerian union their leader adopted not only the flag but the ideologies of Garvey.

And this coon claimed there was no significance of Sir Marcus mosiah Garvey to his ilk.

This same coon who ethered himself a few minutes ago is his own failed attemped to revive an old argument, and doesnt even know it loool but I wont point it out.

Well my segment is over. Tootles and ramen noodles niggas. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Jayvarley(m): 8:21pm On Sep 05, 2013
bigfrancis21:

@Bold...hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha. That is the most childish and banal statement I've heard this year. Lmao!

Chai! Blacks were there and whites stole their inventions and they kept mute huh? You expect me to believe that? Even a kindergarten student can come up with a better alibi than that. Lmao!

C'mon man! This ain't no high school debate! grin

Oh boy! This niqqur is crazy.

Here you go dummy!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African-American_inventors_and_scientists
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 05, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Lol at your whip a nigga motivation song. grin

I bet you jerking your neck sideways as you typing responses too! grin

Lol I was throwing up westside too grin

"Dont judge me" (in my chris brown voice)
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 8:23pm On Sep 05, 2013
@Jayvarley...you don't have to run digging up on AA scientists 'cos if there were many of them who were popular, you would have recalled some off hand like I did without having to go search for names.

Why would AA males be interested in science anyway? When they got Wiz Khalifa, Drake, Young Buck to emulate! grin grin

Oh boy! grin
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 8:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
KidStranglehold: African Americans made no contribution to the field of science What Some of you people need to check out this thread...

Common kid, don't call them african americans! Most of them on that list are africans and indians!

When did africans and indians become african americans? Lmao.

Gupta! Is that an AA name? Zang? Lmao!
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 05, 2013
bigfrancis21: @Jayvarley...you don't have to run digging up on AA scientists 'cos if there were many of them who were popular, you would have recalled some off hand like I did without having to go search for names.

Why would AA males be interested in science anyway? When they got Wiz Khalifa, Drake, Young Buck to emulate! grin grin

Oh boy! grin

You mean the same hip hop artists davido, pquare and co like to imitate? Oh ok.
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by eziza: 8:26pm On Sep 05, 2013
Jayvarley:

He was of mixed race. He was also a faggit....like one of you negroes have portrayed him.
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 05, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

You ain't gon do shit. tongue

Lol grin
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by MrsChima(f): 8:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
Lawd yall brought in Garvey!

Please don't nobody bring in Stokely!
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
bigfrancis21: @Jayvarley...you don't have to run digging up on AA scientists 'cos if there were many of them who were popular, you would have recalled some off hand like I did without having to go search for names.

Oh boy! grin

What about Garrett Morgan who was well known for the Gas mask and Traffic signal? See how easy that was?
http://inventors.about.com/od/mstartinventors/a/Garrett_Morgan.htm

Wiz Khalifa, Drake and Young Buck(who even listens to him in this day and age) are more suited for the YOUNGER black male generation like me. They do not represent the average taste for black males in the USA.
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by MrsChima(f): 8:28pm On Sep 05, 2013
Lol at me watching Django and chatting. grin
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Jayvarley(m): 8:29pm On Sep 05, 2013

Oh boy! grin

Oh but it is there for you to see, so you are silenced on that issue! lipsrsealed

What has the relevance of Hip Hop artists in this debate. Now you are being childish Bigfrancis21!

Do you not know that these DNA TESTING companies working to help the African Diaspora find their roots

AA geneticists run them!
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Common kid, don't call them african americans! Most of them on that list are africans and indians!

First off wise guy when did I say ALL on the list were AA's. Find me a post where I said that. I posted that link to show you people that there are INFACT African American inventors. You just ignored the AA's on the list. I clearly labeled that thread African AND AFRICAN AMERICAN inventors.

And please I DARE you to name one person posted in that thread who is Indian.
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by MrsChima(f): 8:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
KidStranglehold:

What about Garrett Morgan who was well known for the Gas mask and Traffic signal? See how easy that was?

Wiz Khalifa, Drake and Young Buck(who even listens to him in this day and age) are more suited for the YOUNGER black male generation like me. They do not represent the average taste for black males in the USA.

Kiddie...what about the BA doctor that completed the first open heart surgery?

I guess he was Nigerian huh?

2 Likes

Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by bigfrancis21: 8:31pm On Sep 05, 2013
Jayvarley:

Here you go dummy!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African-American_inventors_and_scientists

Oh please I could count many Igbos and yorubas on that list!

Ndubuisi Ezerioha. Igbo
Murphy Nmezi. Igbo
Nriagu Jerome. Igbo
Ogbu Uzo. Igbo
Olukotun Kunle. Yoruba
Oyekan Soni. Yoruba
And so much more. tongue

They are Nigerians, not african americans! tongue

See how african immigrants who just entered US in recent times are making ground breaking inventions while AAs are still waiting for more time to heal. Lmao! grin
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 05, 2013
KidStranglehold:

True. Most of their fans are white kids lol.
The average black hip hop fan in america is more into indie, underground and old school which tend to have messages to the lyrics as opposed to "party like a rockstar" lol or whatever they say today. Of course you have rachet negroes who love rachet rappers too. Lol
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Kiddie...what about the BA doctor that completed the first open heart surgery?

I guess he was Nigerian huh?

First heart surgery ever? Or first heart surgery in America done by blacks?

Hmmm...Interesting.
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by MrsChima(f): 8:34pm On Sep 05, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Since you seems to think that BA contribute nothing positive to the world...name some great inventions by Nigerians celebrated worldwide besides fraudulent marriages and abandoned babies
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Jayvarley(m): 8:34pm On Sep 05, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Hahaha. With the way you make mouth, I suspect your ancestors to be from south west Nigeria.grin Go google the tribe from that area. grin

I just read up on him and I don't see any thing sparkling or amazing about him. He was a political leader and a member of UNIA. So what? What about that? You make me laugh real hard!

AAs have been in US since 1600 till now and they are yet to make scientific discoveries while you have recent African migrants coming to the US[Philip Emeagwali, Chinua Achebe(I'm sure you've heard of that one too. Another Igbo man known for his brilliance and contributions to literature. His book, 'Things Fall Apart' is commonly read in many US secondary schools), Chimamanda Adichie(another prolific Igbo lady writer who has made significant contributions in the area of literaturewink and what have you] to make significant contributions, make groundbreaking inventions and break barriers no AA have broken before. Oh I remember, they need more time to heal! Lmfao! Keep waiting to heal. Sit around in the house all day and don't get up on your legs and get busy. grin

BadJayvarley! Lmao!

And why is it everywhere I go Nigerians are trying to claim me as one of them?

I know I am handsome but steady on wink
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Jayvarley(m): 8:35pm On Sep 05, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Since you seems to think that BA contribute nothing positive to the world...name some great inventions by Nigerians celebrated worldwide besides fraudulent marriages and abandoned babies

grin grin grin grin
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by eziza: 8:36pm On Sep 05, 2013
KidStranglehold:

This nigga was a mutt. He doesn't count.
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 05, 2013
Jayvarley:

Malcom x was 1/3 white.

His mother was of afro.caribbean (slave) and white (slave master) descent. His father was african american.

The thing is though his mother hated her white blood and married his father because he was so dark. She wanted to breed out her white blood unlike the coons who used their white blood to harm other "blacks".

so neither she nor her children can be compared to those coons. cool
Re: Slavery in the United States (1775-1865) by MrsChima(f): 8:38pm On Sep 05, 2013
KidStranglehold:

First heart surgery ever? Or first heart surgery in America done by blacks?

Hmmm...Interesting.

Daniel Hale Williams. HE WAS THE FIRST INVENTOR BLACK OR WHITE IN AMERICA.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Somali-Sudanese Wedding / Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli / Meet Aare Boluwatife Akin-Olugbade: Owner Of 10 Rolls-Royces (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.