Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:28 PM

SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) (2796 Views)

SA President Cyril Ramaphosa Wears Palestinian Scarf, Pledges Solidarity (PICS) / South African President Ramaphosa Stares At Sindisiwe Chikunga Backside / Schoolgirl Too Comfortable With SA President Ramaphosa In Viral Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Lionessza6(f): 5:07pm On May 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Secret Service are around, but out of sight and out of mind. You won't be able to tell.
The route he will walk or jog on, has obviously been mapped before hand and is likely the safest in the vicinity. Ramaphosa will not go and jog in Soweto or Hillbrow in Johannesberg, known as some of the the most dangerous areas in South Africa.

LMFAO, soweto is a dangerous place ? grin.

2 Likes

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 17, 2020
Lionessza6:
The foreign PR firm hired by Serial-liar -poser is working overtime grin grin. Is trevor Manuel one of the groupies as well? grin grin. Funny enough,it seems like his biggest fans are starting to show their true colours issuing threats up & down grin,From John the Stain,to the Gareth jumping off the cliff grin. Let him lift the lockdown, we want to test his strength & staying power grin. We have more pressing issues we want to discussed than his bad acting skills grin grin grin .
South African leaders don't fear the public. Mandela could walk anywhere in South Africa and so can Ramaphosa.
South Africa is not as militarised as failed states like Nigeria. First thing a foreigner notices when you come to Nigeria are soldiers wielding AK-47's indicative of a failed and unstable state.
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 17, 2020
Lionessza6:

LMFAO, soweto is a dangerous place ? grin.
It is the Ajegunle of South Africa.
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by joudini(m): 5:08pm On May 17, 2020
TMKsouth:

Then Buhari should try it out - what's stopping him. He's also got plenty of security.

But you're right about the optics, although I think Ramaphosa is deliberately engineering a new way of doing things in the presidency. He's paving the way for future leaders in SA to reclaim public spaces.

The bolded is what the optics wants the masses to think, and it's clearly working on you.

Any Head of personal security who ALLOWS the President to venture outside unaided, even when done in compliance with the President's order, will be disciplined/court martialled.

Understand with me that the moment one becomes the President, they become a national asset. Your security over-rides your personal freedom.
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 17, 2020
joudini:

The bolded is what the optics wants the masses to think, and it's clearly working on you.

Any Head of personal security who ALLOWS the President to venture outside unaided, even when done in compliance with the President's order, will be disciplined.

Understand with me that the moment one becomes the President, they become a national asset. Your security over-rides your personal freedom.
World leaders are the best PR machines for their countries. By venturing out in public they are showing the world how safe their countries are.

Ramaphosa has signaled to the world South Africa is safe, even though that might not be the case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bHkr3QGxfw
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by TMKsouth: 5:11pm On May 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

. Ramaphosa will not go and jog in Soweto or Hillbrow in Johannesberg, known as some of the the most dangerous areas in South Africa.

Soweto's not dangerous, RVN.

1 Like

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by joudini(m): 5:11pm On May 17, 2020
Lionessza6:

LMFAO, he wouldn't dare go out like this without security ,don't believe the propaganda,its all a PR scam for the entertainment of the borderline r'etarded among us grin grin.

That PR money must be put to work lol

1 Like

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Lionessza6(f): 5:15pm On May 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

[b]South African leaders don't fear the public. Mandela could walk anywhere in South Africa [/b]and so can Ramaphosa.
South Africa is not as militarised as failed states like Nigeria. First thing a foreigner notices when you come to Nigeria are soldiers wielding AK-47's indicative of a failed and unstable state.

LMFAO,who told you this ?
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 17, 2020
Lionessza6:

LMFAO, he wouldn't dare go out like this without security ,don't believe the propaganda,its all a PR scam for the entertainment of the borderline r'etarded among us grin grin.
Common Nigerian Local Government Chairmen moves with soldiers and a four car convoy.

Can any Nigerian leader walk the streets without security after misruling the country? PR or not it shows how if you manage the country well you have nothing to fear.

1 Like

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by TMKsouth: 5:17pm On May 17, 2020
joudini:

I'm not disputing there's a heavy security presence in that picture even though we can't see it. He's the safest person on any given street any day. That's why he should not hide away behind high walls but interact more with the public when he gets the time.

Also shows there's much confidence with his security detail.
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Lionessza6(f): 5:19pm On May 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

It is the Ajegunle of South Africa.

LMFAO, I'm not Nigeria & I dont know Anjengule .but as a SA I have never heard of anyone calling soweto a dangerous place ,maybe you know better .... grin.

1 Like

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Lionessza6(f): 5:21pm On May 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Common Nigerian Local Government Chairmen move with soldiers and a four car convoy.

Can any Nigerian leader walk the streets without security after misruling the country? PR or not it shows how if do manage the country well you have nothing to fear.

grin grin grin. Ok!. grin grin
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by JaceBlaze: 5:21pm On May 17, 2020
WannaHowzit:

Yes. These things are well choreographed. No President just merrily strolls down the road without the Secret Service looking on. But Nigeria is just something else... this can never be achieved.

True.They probably checked hours before to make sure it was safe.
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by joudini(m): 5:21pm On May 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

World leaders are the best PR for their countries. By venturing out in public they are showing the world how safe their countries are.

Ramaphosa has signaled to the world South Africa is safe, even though that might not be the case.

Read what you wrote and you will see that your logic suffers from false equivalence.

1 Like

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Lionessza6(f): 5:24pm On May 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

World leaders are the best PR for their countries. By venturing out in public they are showing the world how safe their countries are.

@the bolded(Ramaphosa has signaled to the world South Africa is safe, even though that might not be the case)...& I'm sure his PR scam will change how people view SA grin. Great stuff.

2 Likes

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 17, 2020
joudini:

Read what you wrote and you will see that your logic suffers from false equivalence.
There is no false equivalence. South Africa politicians don't move around with heavy security unlike their Nigerian counterparts.

What image does Nigeria portray to the world when Governors,Speaker and Senate President move in 30+ car convoys and even a Local Government Chairman that should be cycling or using public transport to work moves in a 4 car armed convoy.
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Lionessza6(f): 5:34pm On May 17, 2020
joudini:

That PR money must be put to work lol

LMFAO, yeah ...yt people must eat grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by TMKsouth: 5:35pm On May 17, 2020
Lionessza6:

@the bolded(Ramaphosa has signaled to the world South Africa is safe, even though that might not be the case)...& I'm sure his PR scam will change how people view SA grin. Great stuff.

Let Nigerians know what became of your own darling Zuma's PR firm BELL POTTINGER, before I do grin grin grin
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Lionessza6(f): 5:40pm On May 17, 2020
TMKsouth:

Let Nigerians know what became of your own darling Zuma's PR firm BELL POTTINGER, before I do grin grin grin

LMFAO, you must let them know ,Zuma is not the president under scrutiny though, but Rama is wink. I believe Zuma went through the same scrutiny & criticism just as others before him ,now we are on Ramaphosa, it's a pity his followers , PR managers,& foot soldiers cant stand it grin grin. But it's only the beginning....let him open up the economy so the real action will begin grin.
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by JaceBlaze: 5:41pm On May 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Secret Service are around, but out of sight and out of mind. You won't be able to tell.
The route he will walk or jog on, has obviously been mapped before hand and is likely the safest in the vicinity. Ramaphosa will not go and jog in Soweto or Hillbrow in Johannesberg, known as some of the the most dangerous areas in South Africa.

You are right on the Hillbrow part.You are just grossly miseducated about Soweto.

1 Like

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by TMKsouth: 5:52pm On May 17, 2020
Lionessza6:

LMFAO, you must let them know ,Zuma is not the president under scrutiny though, but Rama is wink. I believe Zuma went through the same scrutiny & criticism just as others before him ,now we are on Ramaphosa, it's a pity his followers , PR managers,& foot soldiers cant stand it grin grin. But it's only the beginning....let him open up the economy so the real action will begin grin.

You are busy mocking a PR firm that is trying to rebuild SA's reputation while forgetting your hero Zuma and his Bell POTTINGER did all the damage. You are really twisted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Lionessza6(f): 6:00pm On May 17, 2020
TMKsouth:

You are busy mocking a PR firm that is trying to rebuild SA's reputation while forgetting Zuma and his Bell POTTINGER did all the damage. You are really twisted.

LMFAO,you can talk about Zuma & his PR firms all you want ,but the rest of us are watching the ongoing damage & stupid stuntsgrin. We all had fun picking at Zuma ,now we are going to have fun with Ramaphosa grin. Grow a pair & embrace it.

grin grin grin

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 17, 2020
TMKsouth:

You are busy mocking a PR firm that is trying to rebuild SA's reputation while forgetting your hero Zuma and his Bell POTTINGER did all the damage. You are really twisted.
South Africa is miles ahead when it comes to development compared to other African countries-mainly due to the efforts of the Dutch settlers.
South Africa will need foreign investment to recover after the pandemic. And that is what Ramaphosa is trying to do by showing South Africa will soon be open for business and safe country where you can go about your daily activity.
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by TMKsouth: 6:24pm On May 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

South Africa is miles ahead when it comes to development compared to other African countries-mainly due to the efforts of the Dutch settlers.

Those Dutch settlers left SA totally bankrupt at the dawn of democracy because of their stupid, evil, corrupt and unsustainable system of hate called apartheid, so don't praise them too much.

At its height the black democratic state quadrupled SAs economic performance earning it's spot in the G20 and the BRICS. So let's refrain from crediting white people for everything good that happens in SA. It's tiring.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by TMKsouth: 6:34pm On May 17, 2020
Lionessza6:

LMFAO,you can talk about Zuma & his PR firms all you want ,but the rest of us are watching the ongoing damage & stupid stuntsgrin. We all had fun picking at Zuma ,now we are going to have fun with Ramaphosa grin. Grow a pair & embrace it.

grin grin grin

I never thought I'd see the day u use DA sources to help fight your battles. U are aware right that the only reason the DA wants the lockdown done away with is to protect white business?! Ramaphosa has put up resistance to that putting human life before profits.

I have more balls than u can handle, that's why you're now shifting to adopt DA right-wing conservative policies to defend Zuma's damaging legacy. Ke o shapile ding dong, u can't tell what's right or left anymore (excuse the pun).
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 17, 2020
TMKsouth:

Those Dutch settlers left SA totally bankrupt at the dawn of democracy because of their stupid, evil, corrupt and unsustainable system of hate called apartheid, so don't praise them too much.

At its height the black democratic state quadrupled SAs economic performance earning it's spot in the G20 and the BRICS. So let's refrain from crediting white people for everything good that happens in SA. It's tiring.
In terms of infrastructure it was the Dutch settlers that developed South Africa- give credit where it is due. That is why many cities in South Africa are modelled after Dutch cities.
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Lionessza6(f): 6:50pm On May 17, 2020
TMKsouth:

I never thought I'd see the day u use DA sources to help fight your battles. U are aware right that the only reason the DA wants the lockdown done away with is to protect white business?! Ramaphosa has put up resistance to that putting human life before profits.

I have more balls than u can handle, that's why you're now shifting to adopt DA right-wing conservative policies to defend Zuma's damaging legacy. Ke o shapile ding dong, u can't tell what's right or left (excuse the pun).

LMFAO, you cant keep up can you Mr lib? grin grin. I said his buddies are slowly turning against him & that includes the DA grin. I was pointing this out with the DA articles.....cracks are starting to show grin.That tobacco ban really did show us something about Serial & his Stelli branch wink. We will be watching wink.

& many black people were against the total lockdown of the country in the 1st place ,& I said I was one of them way b4 the DA cronies" woke " up . I never thought I would agree with Johnny the dumbo on anything ,but I support the nazis on this one. We all know why they are doing this, & the black people have their own motives as well.
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by TMKsouth: 6:52pm On May 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

In terms of infrastructure it was the Dutch settlers that developed South Africa- give credit where it is due. That is why many cities in South Africa are modelled after Dutch cities.

U should learn to value human development as much as tall buildings. 80% of the population lacked quality services and state assistance during apartheid. The majority of the state budget was allocated to just 20% of the population. Your statement that SA is progressing MOSTLY due to the Dutch is really OFFENSIVE.

Besides, much of the new Sandton city skyscrapers and similar projects across the country are due to post-apartheid policies and the foreign investment they have managed to attract. Why not credit the black government for that?

3 Likes

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Lionessza6(f): 6:52pm On May 17, 2020
M
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 17, 2020
TMKsouth:

U should learn to value human development as much as tall buildings. 80% of the population lacked quality services and state assistance during apartheid. The majority of the state budget was allocated to just 20% of the population. Your statement that SA is progressing MOSTLY due to the Dutch is really OFFENSIVE.

Besides, much of the new Sandton city skyscrapers and similar projects across the country are due to post-apartheid policies and the foreign investment they have managed to attract. Why not credit the black government for that?
The deserve credit as well. However, the power stations,hospitals,highway network,railways,drainage,sanitation where as a result of the Dutch settlers. And you tried not to give them any credit.
Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by Lionessza6(f): 7:06pm On May 17, 2020
[quote author=RuudVanNisteroy post=89655367]
The deserve credit as well. However, the power stations,hospitals,highway network,railways,drainage,sanitation where as a result of the Dutch settlers. And you tried not to give them any credit.[/quote]

LMFAO, this seems a bit personal to you buddy,I wonder why shocked.

2 Likes

Re: SA President Ramaphosa Jogging Alone In Street - Fans Flog Round Hm (vid/tweets) by TMKsouth: 7:12pm On May 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

The deserve credit as well. However, the power stations,hospitals,highway network,railways,drainage,sanitation where as a result of the Dutch settlers. And you tried not to give them any credit.

I gave them credit that they served just 20% of the population. Most of the quality infrastructure was in white areas only - and black people had to carry passes to enter there and leave at a moment's notice. Today new infrastructure has been widely expanded to accommodate everyone - with challenges of course.

How do u even begin to claim the Dutch gave us drainage and sanitation when they did not even provide flushing toilets?

Much of the highway and railway system has been expanded and upgraded (notably leading to the Soccer World Cup). Other countries have allowed theirs to deteriorate.

So my point is that the settlers provided a limited and skewed foundation from where the democratic state picked up. But it seems their contribution is overstated and glorified in Nigeria - and black accomplishments are intentionally overlooked.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Scotland Refendum: Britain Should Bomb Scotland! / Bodies of 1,500 Hamas Militants Found In Israeli Territory, IDF Says / Obama Becomes the 44th American President: Anything For The Black Nations?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.