Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? (47739 Views)

Have You Collected Your PVC Yet? / Have You Collected Your PVC?? / Banky W You Collected N57million From Buhari – Woman Calls Out Singer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Bluehill1051: 5:28pm On May 18, 2020
I did mine January 2020, got the card a week later. Katsina
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by unbiase(m): 5:30pm On May 18, 2020
My wife did her's 2014 and got it 2015 while I did mine late 2014 but haven't seen it till today after repeatedly going to NIMC Office .
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Brendaniel: 5:31pm On May 18, 2020
DonTattaglia:

What is the essence of this story? What is there to learn?

That's why I wrote the last 3 observations for people to understand that the process of getting the card is something nobody really understands even I that got, there was nothing special I did, it looks like a random thing, that's why I used the top part of my article to share my testimony first because it is like a miracle...
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by unbiase(m): 5:31pm On May 18, 2020
Hmmm.your own good
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by agukayode(m): 5:33pm On May 18, 2020
naija problem be like

Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 18, 2020
Yuneehk:
Those who did six years ago haven't collected while some of us haven't registered. It's even harder and more frustrating in Lagos. I've made up my mind to not waste my time on such futile waka again after I wasted a whole day there and couldn't do it.
I heard some banks do it. That'll be the one I'll try out. You just need to have an account or open one with them for you to register.
But then you need it.
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Seraphicelement(m): 5:36pm On May 18, 2020
When I got registered, I was told that SMS will be sent to notify me. Six (6) years down the line am yet to get my card. I paid them a visit in 2016 and 2017, was told the card is not yet ready.
Recently I heard that one must renew the card with 5k since then I gave up on its collection.
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by jamesbridget13(f): 5:38pm On May 18, 2020
Enrolled in 2013 got d card last year
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Yuneehk(f): 5:50pm On May 18, 2020
Pattypatt:
But then you need it.
Reason I said I'll try one of those banks whenever I have the time to do so.
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by hustla(m): 6:08pm On May 18, 2020
Yeah, since 2016
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by cruz419(m): 6:21pm On May 18, 2020
well have collect mine but one thing they told me when i collected mine was that we should help them pass the info that if you have registered and yet to get urs,individual should visit their office to check cos according to them some people have changed their mobile number which would have been a mean through which they would have been contacts!!!
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Exmilitant(m): 6:38pm On May 18, 2020
kuntash:
Very important question that should make people think thru the many failed things in this administration..

But as usual, jokes are flying around...

Our docility as a people is second to none...

No one asks, we just allow things to go, and yet we want good or positive change!
you nailed it sir, you nailed it. We are contented with gossiping and whinning and laying curses on the leadership. We have unwittingly allowed corrupt practices to be the norm. Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria.
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by paix(m): 6:47pm On May 18, 2020
FivePeas:
Kikiki. Did mine just 2019,since you guys from seven years are yet to receive yours. I'm hoping to pick mine up by 2032 grin
You wan give your grandchildren unnecessary assignments?
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by bejeria101(m): 6:49pm On May 18, 2020
The cards are in their office here in abuja. Na me talk. They find it hard to send sms for people to come collect their cards. If you get to the gate, they harass you,have you received the text, after 4years. Mumu people.
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 18, 2020
Mine is 5yes with them. Meanwhile a friend went and got his in a very short time because he offered them money.
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by mickelkingz(m): 6:52pm On May 18, 2020
No since 2014
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Romanoff(f): 6:56pm On May 18, 2020
cassyrooy:
See as sense wan kee you? cheesy

Sense no go kee me jor.

1 Like

Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Romanoff(f): 6:56pm On May 18, 2020
Yello1:

Naa, read dt book sometimes in 2009 wen i was about leaving Uni. I guess u know about d book

Yes. Waiting for Godot.

1 Like

Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Romanoff(f): 6:57pm On May 18, 2020
femimailbox:

The expiry date is only applicable when you are using it as ATM card. Thanks

Are you really sure about this?
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by paix(m): 6:58pm On May 18, 2020
eneyoduke:
Only high profile individual can collect
How come I didn't get mine?
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Warmaterial(m): 7:07pm On May 18, 2020
Well I did mine in 2014 and I got it in 2015 like a year and 4months and now is 2020 according to the expiry date thinking of renewing it
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by eneyoduke(m): 7:10pm On May 18, 2020
paix:
How come I didn't get mine?

Who recognized you for Nigeria politic grin cool
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Yello1(m): 7:11pm On May 18, 2020
Romanoff:

Yes. Waiting for Godot.

Waoo. Good to here. Nice to see a someone who understand.
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 18, 2020
More than 2 years now...am yet to receive sms they promised send...
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Olamideayomide(m): 7:18pm On May 18, 2020
adoreyou:
lol. you have already sentenced yourself.I pass no further judgement.

� � � � � � �
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by AngelJennifer: 7:22pm On May 18, 2020
Registered in 2013, collected the card in 2018.
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by stormwarrior(m): 7:40pm On May 18, 2020
Brendaniel:
I traveled to Abuja for a job interview in 2014, like play my Mum said we should all go and register for national ID, I reluctantly went with my brothers, we did the capturing and all and they asked us to wait for SMS, later I did the job interview which did not sail through, went back to Lagos with my brothers and none of us received any SMS, fast-forward to 2015 I travelled to Abuja again to stay with my mum while I do one or two things here and there, few weeks later received and SMS with a code in it for proof that I received the SMS from NIMC that my card was ready ( somehow I was the only one who received the SMS out of all of us who went the same day).

The same day I received the SMS armed robbers attacked us the same night and my phone which received the SMS was part of their loot, Now I had lost the SMS and even the Pin CODE in it, My Mum encouraged me to still go that I should try and explain, I decided to go, when I got to their office if you see the crowd, it was like they told these aboki guys that they were sharing money at NIMC office grin because 95 percent of the crowd were notherners, Now I knew it wouldn't be so easy because it was like a northern gathering and also I had no evidence again to show that I even received the SMS, their offices were just filled up, while standing thinking what I should do I saw a man standing not too far from Me and He was talking on the phone or so( An Hausa man), my spirit told me to talk to the man that He could be of help.

So I walked up to him and explained everything that happened to my surprise He told me to follow Him took Me through the crowd to an office that looks like their ICT department and Instructed the lady on the computer to ensure She assists me to collect my card, My people to cut the long story short, not only did I get help I also collected my card the same day and it was activated the same day.

This ID card later became a tool in the ladder of financial level of success I am today, each time I think of it I just keep thanking God.

THINGS I NOTICED ABOUT THIS WHOLE NIMC STUFF:

1. We were 3 who did the registration the same day I was the only one who received SMS till date none of them have received SMS neither have they collected theirs even my mum who did a year before me has not received SMS nor collected hers.

2. From my observation I don't know how true but it looks like the northerners are the highest receivers of the ID card, because the crowd I saw there the day I collected mine was overwhelmingly north( I'm not accusing any tribe it's just my observation, maybe they enrolled more)

3. When the card expires you will receive another SMS telling you that your card has expired and you should come with 5k to their office to renew it.

sorry bro plz did u go with the nimc slip cause I did mine maybe two years ago and i have misplace the slip and am no more using the sim that i use to register for d nimc.
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by stormwarrior(m): 7:42pm On May 18, 2020
elougo:
Registered in 2014 April Card was ready by 2015 December, they sent me SMS for collection.
Lost my Slip hence delayed till 2017.
Finally retrieved my slip and collected the Card in 2017. Card expired in 2019.
plz how did u retrieve ur slip
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by stormwarrior(m): 7:45pm On May 18, 2020
Goalnaldo:
I did my own in 2014 but It has not been issued. The worst is I lost my paper slip and even the phone number I used in registration. Nimc is the most incompetent parastatal in Nigeria!
we are in the same boat
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Melaninprincess(f): 7:47pm On May 18, 2020
Since 2014. This country na scam
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by MCIU1: 8:02pm On May 18, 2020
Yuneehk:
Those who did six years ago haven't collected while some of us haven't registered. It's even harder and more frustrating in Lagos. I've made up my mind to not waste my time on such futile Mega Churches In United States waka again after I wasted a whole day there and couldn't do it.
I heard some banks do it. That'll be the one I'll try out. You just need to have an account or open one with them for you to register.

Nigeria my country
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Goalnaldo(m): 8:02pm On May 18, 2020
stormwarrior:
we are in the same boat
and where actually is our boat destined to grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Visits Ateke Tom (Photos) / Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang / INEC Server Shows Buhari Lost 2019 Election - Atiku, PDP Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.