Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,846 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! (61846 Views)

After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy / Nigerian Man Celebrates As He Becomes A Father After 18 Years Of Marriage / "Giving Your Toddler A Smartphone Is Like Giving Them Hard Drugs" - Says Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Greatzeus(m): 10:50am On May 18, 2020
Wow shocked this is sad, classical drug addict scenario. They will sell anything or steal anything to get the drugs. See do not judge him,I pity him actually,when the urge comes,you can't resist,it's like you'll die if you didn't take the drugs.
He should be taken to a good rehabilitation center,but I don't know how effective they are in Nigeria. You can take him abroad if you can afford it.
There are very good drugs rehabilitation centers overseas that will cure him completely,a lot of artists and rappers and celebrities in America were once like this but received help. Toni Braxton, Lindsay Logan etc

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Ejenavi18(f): 10:53am On May 18, 2020
star4ever:

Will disowning him also give the right to banish him from our family house where he currently lives to terrorise everyone? Our father is late. Can any member of the family stand in the gap of declaring him disowned? What does the law say concerning this?
Op I'm not in support of disowning him, he needs to be treated.
That other guy that suggest disowning him should be in position to answer your questions.
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by star4ever: 11:06am On May 18, 2020
Ejenavi18:

Op I'm not in support of disowning him, he needs to be treated.
That other guy that suggest disowning him should be in position to answer your questions.

Thank you Sir. I appreciate all your advise. We may need to revisit the issue of sending him to another rehabilitation center. He was once at the psychiatric hospital in Aro, Abeokuta. Do you think sending him there again will be better than taking him to another one entirely?
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by star4ever: 11:10am On May 18, 2020
Greatzeus:
Wow shocked this is sad, classical drug addict scenario. They will sell anything or steal anything to get the drugs. See do not judge him,I pity him actually,when the urge comes,you can't resist,it's like you'll die if you didn't take the drugs.
He should be taken to a good rehabilitation center,but I don't know how effective they are in Nigeria. You can take him abroad if you can afford it.
There are very good drugs rehabilitation centers overseas that will cure him completely,a lot of artists and rappers and celebrities in America were once like this but received help. Toni Braxton, Lindsay Logan etc

Waoh! This is a great idea but the cost. I really wish we have the capacity to do so. We may need to consider taking him to a rehab again within the country.
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by bukatyne(f): 11:10am On May 18, 2020
star4ever:
I have a 42 years old brother who for over 18 years has been on hard drugs. He started this habit while in secondary school and couldn't finish tertiary education for same reason . Efforts made by the family to stop him from substance abuse and rehabilitate him at several occasions failed. Each time such effort is made, he recovers after a while but returns to the habit. Currently, he has become mentally deranged and there seems to be no solution at sight.

He has been admitted to different psychiatric hospitals on two occasions. At both times, he was treated and confirmed fit and sound to return to the society. The moment he was discharged, he quickly went back to his old ways and all the resources spent went into the drain. In one of the occasions, we were strongly advised to engage him as joblessness was one of the greatest problem causing the abuse. We got him engaged by securing a fantastic job which he also left after a week of working there. Other meaningful efforts geared towards engaging him to enable him to become occupied and start earning a living as a man also didn’t work out.

We have organised prayer sessions by powerful men of God, nothing has happened yet. I do want to sound like someone without faith. I strongly believe that our able God will make things beautiful at His time. However, the situation has gone out of control and we need to act fast.

These, amongst many, are some of the interventions already done by the family and we cannot fold our arms and watch people mock us in shame every day due to his abnormal activities in the community.

Now what he does is forcefully, take money from our aged mum, sell any family property at sight in exchange for money to buy his drugs. Beat my mum up at any slightest refusal to give him money. He has been jailed many times for committing several offences related to this habit, yet the problem persists. Maybe we have not applied the best approach?

I am calling on fellow Nairalanders to assist with solutions. I believe there are some of us here who may have experienced this problem in one way or the other, or have an advise to give to solve this lingering painful situation. Your personal or professional experience (s) may go a long way in salvaging this situation for us.

I believe a problem shared is a problem solved.

I believe he is going back to environments that fuel/support his drug addiction hence the constant replase.

Take him back to rehab, let him stay there for long while you guys rally round to set up a new life in another location.

It is well.

Sorry for the stress and strain on your emotions and finances.

16 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Ejenavi18(f): 11:16am On May 18, 2020
star4ever:

Thank you Sir. I appreciate all your advise. We may need to revisit the issue of sending him to another rehabilitation center. He was once at the psychiatric hospital in Aro, Abeokuta. Do you think sending him there again will be better than taking him to another one entirely?
The decision is yours, if you're not comfortable with sending him back to FNPH Aro, you can try some other hospital like FNPH Uselu, Benin or any other one you know of.
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by star4ever: 11:22am On May 18, 2020
bukatyne:

I believe he is going back to environments that fuel/support his drug addiction hence the constant replase.

Take him back to rehab, let him stay there for long while you guys rally round to set up a new life in another location.

It is well.

Sorry for the stress and strain on your emotions and finances.

Hmmmm. We did exactly these things when he was discharged in 2017 from a govt. rehab center after so much money was spent in the process. We changed his environment completely, got him an apartment and a nice job. You know what? He called us six days into starting the job and said he was quitting and he left the job and travelled and never came back. I am only bitter because, he went back to our family house to stay with my mum. He troubles her for money every day and molests whenever she refuses to give.

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by AnonymousLives: 11:27am On May 18, 2020
adontcare:
God is not mocked. What a man/ woman sow, that they will reap. Ask ur mum and dad what they did wrong. There must be something evil they had done that is affecting ur 42 yr brother. The bible said, train up a child in d way that he should grow and when he is old he will not depart from it. They where sparing the rod on him and now spoilt

Some Women and spewing thrash undecided are 5&6! Someone is asking for a solution , you’re saying something else . We all have in a way fall short of the glory of God. Don’t come here with the holy holy personality .

11 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Ulunne777(f): 11:29am On May 18, 2020
star4ever:

Hmmmm. We did exactly these things when he was discharged in 2017 from a govt. rehab center after so much money was spent in the process. We changed his environment completely, got him an apartment and a nice job. You know what? He called us six days into starting the job and said he was quitting and he left the job and travelled and never came back. I am only bitter because, he went back to our family house to stay with my mum. He troubles her for money every day and molests whenever she refuses to give.

Can you ppl take your mum away for now to live with one of you.

25 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Amanee(f): 11:59am On May 18, 2020
star4ever:

Not willing. All the efforts were forcefully made.

Please lock him up somewhere and throw away the keys. You all have tried, it's time for him to lie on the bed he's laid.

11 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 18, 2020
star4ever:

He will refuse to see any psychologist... The matter no be small thing..
if mohammed refuses to go to the moutain, the mountain will come to mohammed. You should bring the psychologist to him.
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Karleb(m): 12:52pm On May 18, 2020
I strongly suggest that you give up on him.

He has chosen his own path.

6 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Mywd: 1:10pm On May 18, 2020
And someone will still come and tell me dat taking these drugs is good to make the Body agile....... It will end in tears

18 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:31pm On May 18, 2020
Octopusssy:

Oh just shut it! You sit down in your cubicle and act all sanctimonious, running your mouth here and forgetting that many times we are entirely responsible for our own poor choices and actions.
u should Shush and pause a little. Who was responsible for him when he was vulnerable? Answer and meditate on it.

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:32pm On May 18, 2020
AnonymousLives:

Some Women and spewing thrash undecided are 5&6! Someone is asking for a solution , you’re saying something else . We all have in a way fall short of the glory of God. Don’t come here with the holy holy personality .
it's not some women that wrote the law. Face it and stop mentioning me.
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by star4ever: 1:40pm On May 18, 2020
adontcare:
God is not mocked. What a man/ woman sow, that they will reap. Ask ur mum and dad what they did wrong. There must be something evil they had done that is affecting ur 42 yr brother. The bible said, train up a child in d way that he should grow and when he is old he will not depart from it. They where sparing the rod on him and now spoilt

I have read all your comments and thus feel they are quite understood. Please refrain from adding more salt to the injury by your appraoch.. I quite undersand that individuals are entitiled to their opinions but please allow people to contribute meaningfully here. What we need is solution to our problem and not distraction! Thank you.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Octopusssy(f): 1:42pm On May 18, 2020
adontcare:
u should Shush and pause a little. Who was responsible for him when he was vulnerable? Answer and meditate on it.
Oh please. So all the children who lose their way in life had a poor upbringing, including children of clergy men?

5 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Octopusssy(f): 1:44pm On May 18, 2020
star4ever:

Lock him up and hide the key for two years.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Ghostrye: 3:25pm On May 18, 2020
star4ever:

He will refuse to see any psychologist... The matter no be small thing..
The straightjacket was invented for a reason ya'no

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Sixfeetbelle: 4:07pm On May 18, 2020
adontcare:

cheesy grin grin

From your write-up, I only have one observation and one comment.

They are coming for you

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 4:26pm On May 18, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

cheesy grin grin

From your write-up, I only have one observation and one comment.

They are coming for you
I know and am already getting it from them.
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 4:27pm On May 18, 2020
Octopusssy:

Oh please. So all the children who lose their way in life had a poor upbringing, including children of clergy men?
yes and very obvious.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 4:30pm On May 18, 2020
star4ever:

I have read all your comments and thus feel they are quite understood. Please refrain from adding more salt to the injury by your appraoch.. I quite undersand that individuals are entitiled to their opinions but please allow people to contribute meaningfully here. What we need is solution to our problem and not distraction! Thank you.
ask so that u won't be beating around the bush. Seek and u shall find d solution to ur bro situations. Then knock on God's door and he will bring healing to him and ur family. Nothing u can do that will help him now except God intervene. Bye bye
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Fadefemi(m): 5:51pm On May 18, 2020
adontcare:
ur opinion though. I think it's u that something is wrong with. No parent bring up a child in a proper way and reap calamities. Do well and read the book of Proverbs. Also read the laws of karma
Maybe the children of pastors who later became wayward were trained in the way of devil right?
#Nonsense Talk#

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by ZionZoe621: 7:03pm On May 18, 2020
adontcare:
ur opinion though. I think it's u that something is wrong with. No parent bring up a child in a proper way and reap calamities. Do well and read the book of Proverbs. Also read the laws of karma

You are talking rubbish!

10 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by XXLMANDIGO: 7:32pm On May 18, 2020
Nairaland Igbo warriors and campaigners, come and see your likely end o...
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by XXLMANDIGO: 7:34pm On May 18, 2020
Nairaland Igbo warriors and campaigners, come and see your likely end o... lipsrsealed
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by XXLMANDIGO: 7:35pm On May 18, 2020
...And that's the end of Solomon Grundy undecided

Note to Nairaland Igbo(Indian Hemp) Warriors and Campaigners, beware coz you won't know when you have lost your mind.
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by XXLMANDIGO: 7:42pm On May 18, 2020
Chai wasted life... embarassed
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 18, 2020
Drugs destroys life.
A grown man now a nuisance to everyone!

cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Lamanii22(f): 8:20pm On May 18, 2020
Please separate him from your mom so he wouldn't kill her...

7 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 8:31pm On May 18, 2020
ZionZoe621:

You are talking rubbish!
u r on on your own

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Priscilla Emasoga Buys 2 Cars For Her Parents (Pictures) / 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / The Difference Between First Name, Middle Name And Last Name.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.