Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! (61827 Views)

After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy / Nigerian Man Celebrates As He Becomes A Father After 18 Years Of Marriage / "Giving Your Toddler A Smartphone Is Like Giving Them Hard Drugs" - Says Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 8:33pm On May 18, 2020
Fadefemi:

Maybe the children of pastors who later became wayward were trained in the way of devil right?
#Nonsense Talk#
pastors that did not bring up their children well will still become wayward. Whether he be holier than though or pope deputy.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by frozen70(f): 9:03pm On May 18, 2020
star4ever:
I have a 42 years old brother who for over 18 years has been on hard drugs. He started this habit while in secondary school and couldn't finish tertiary education for same reason . Efforts made by the family to stop him from substance abuse and rehabilitate him at several occasions failed. Each time such effort is made, he recovers after a while but returns to the habit. Currently, he has become mentally deranged and there seems to be no solution at sight.

He has been admitted to different psychiatric hospitals on two occasions. At both times, he was treated and confirmed fit and sound to return to the society. The moment he was discharged, he quickly went back to his old ways and all the resources spent went into the drain. In one of the occasions, we were strongly advised to engage him as joblessness was one of the greatest problem causing the abuse. We got him engaged by securing a fantastic job which he also left after a week of working there. Other meaningful efforts geared towards engaging him to enable him to become occupied and start earning a living as a man also didn’t work out.

We have organised prayer sessions by powerful men of God, nothing has happened yet. I do want to sound like someone without faith. I strongly believe that our able God will make things beautiful at His time. However, the situation has gone out of control and we need to act fast.

These, amongst many, are some of the interventions already done by the family and we cannot fold our arms and watch people mock us in shame every day due to his abnormal activities in the community.

Now what he does is forcefully, take money from our aged mum, sell any family property at sight in exchange for money to buy his drugs. Beat my mum up at any slightest refusal to give him money. He has been jailed many times for committing several offences related to this habit, yet the problem persists. Maybe we have not applied the best approach?

I am calling on fellow Nairalanders to assist with solutions. I believe there are some of us here who may have experienced this problem in one way or the other, or have an advise to give to solve this lingering painful situation. Your personal or professional experience (s) may go a long way in salvaging this situation for us.

I believe a problem shared is a problem solved.

If you guys can take him to psychiatric hospital, there is a drug they will give him that will calm his mental state down

Take your mum away from the house because of fear of killing her

Whatever property he can sell, you guys should sell it and he will have nothing to sell

Lastly, if he continues, he will definitely commit a crime that will take him to jail

9 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by GeniusVincent(m): 10:03pm On May 18, 2020
E be like say u dey craze shocked sad
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by janettee(f): 10:05pm On May 18, 2020
adontcare:
God is not mocked. What a man/ woman sow, that they will reap. Ask ur mum and dad what they did wrong. There must be something evil they had done that is affecting ur 42 yr brother. The bible said, train up a child in d way that he should grow and when he is old he will not depart from it. They where sparing the rod on him and now spoilt

Oh please, shut up.

9 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by AhoadaRivers: 10:05pm On May 18, 2020
adontcare:
God is not mocked. What a man/ woman sow, that they will reap. Ask ur mum and dad what they did wrong. There must be something evil they had done that is affecting ur 42 yr brother. The bible said, train up a child in d way that he should grow and when he is old he will not depart from it. They where sparing the rod on him and now spoilt

Close your mouth, I've seen strict disciplinarian parents with terrible kids that ended up in jail. It's not all black or white.
There are several factors, co-factors involved in having bad kids.

9 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by eleko1: 10:07pm On May 18, 2020
sad come to the CROSS.Tell yourself,enough is enough..Discipline is it
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by somtoto(m): 10:08pm On May 18, 2020
You dont force one to quit drugs.its more of a self choice.i think wat you guys should do is to sit him down and talk to him,make him see reasons why its unhealthy for him.after that,the solutions you stated can be applied.

5 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by mordred44: 10:09pm On May 18, 2020
Drug abuse and masturbation na lyk 5&6

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by cavendishbaba(m): 10:09pm On May 18, 2020
Psychiatric hospitals in Nigeria are scam..Fly him abroad for proper treatment, though the treatment may take a while, but there is a better chance of him recovering.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Mannnn(m): 10:09pm On May 18, 2020
Lock him up in a room for up to a year
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Eberex(m): 10:09pm On May 18, 2020
adontcare:

I disagree. Its not every time something bad happens that you seek solace in attributing it to parents past deeds. I'm sure you won't say the same if he was living a decent life.
He made a choice to live in this way, that was his decision and has nothing to do with any curse. I'm sure he is one of those who attended boarding schools or boys only school. This is an example of influence from bad friends he made at his young stage in life.
This is an addiction. I have someone who is like him but not as worse as this case. But they both share similar behavior in terms of not keeping to one job. Inconsistency follows their pattern and for me, the best is to take them into a church and let them work there. Somewhere they can be sober and also listen to God's word.

11 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by lebron7(m): 10:10pm On May 18, 2020
What drug does he abuse?
Star4ever

3 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by rastaLivity: 10:10pm On May 18, 2020
adontcare:
the most stupid post so far this year. There's alot of mono-carbon in your brain

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by addexx: 10:10pm On May 18, 2020
adontcare:

Sharap

Its like there's cold catarrh in your brain

Maybe your parents did something wrong too , to end up with an organism that thinks like an amoeba , that is if you can even find it's brain.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Ayo081(m): 10:11pm On May 18, 2020
adontcare:
ur opinion though. I think it's u that something is wrong with. No parent bring up a child in a proper way and reap calamities. Do well and read the book of Proverbs. Also read the laws of karma
And you're the judge undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by mastermaestro(m): 10:11pm On May 18, 2020
The most effective cure for bad habits is don't learn it. Very easy to pick, and many a time impossible to let go. It sticks and sticks until it ruins its carrier.

8 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by GamalNasser: 10:12pm On May 18, 2020
star4ever:
I have a 42 year old brother who for over 18 years has been on hard drugs. He started this habit while in secondary school and couldn't finish tertiary education for same reason. Efforts made by the family to stop him from substance abuse and rehabilitate him at several occasions failed. Each time such effort is made, he recovers after a while but returns to the habit. Currently, he has become mentally deranged and there seems to be no solution at sight.

He has been admitted to different psychiatric hospitals on two occasions. At both times, he was treated and confirmed fit and sound to return to the society. The moment he was discharged, he quickly went back to his old ways and all the resources spent went into the drain. In one of the occasions, we were strongly advised to engage him as joblessness was one of the greatest problem causing the abuse. We got him engaged by securing a fantastic job which he also left after a week of working there. Other meaningful efforts geared towards engaging him to enable him to become occupied and start earning a living as a man also didn’t work out.

We have organised prayer sessions by powerful men of God, nothing has happened yet. I do want to sound like someone without faith. I strongly believe that our able God will make things beautiful at His time. However, the situation has gone out of control and we need to act fast.

These, amongst many, are some of the interventions already done by the family and we cannot fold our arms and watch people mock us in shame every day due to his abnormal activities in the community.

Now what he does is forcefully, take money from our aged mum, sell any family property at sight in exchange for money to buy his drugs. Beat my mum up at any slightest refusal to give him money. He has been jailed many times for committing several offences related to this habit, yet the problem persists. Maybe we have not applied the best approach?

I am calling on fellow Nairalanders to assist with solutions. I believe there are some of us here who may have experienced this problem in one way or the other, or have an advise to give to solve this lingering painful situation. Your personal or professional experience (s) may go a long way in salvaging this situation for us.

This looks like a lost cause to me, I don't think he will ever improve after being like that for so long

2 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by koffsman(m): 10:12pm On May 18, 2020
Truly there is spiritual battle, but If you are Knowledgeable enough u would know sometimes it's ain't the Parent fault, they might have done everything possible to make him live a good life, but unknown enemies will always find ways to spoil a sweet home, wats the probability that you are a good human, because as a good Christian you are not to judge others but encourage them. So stop concluding and say reasonable things that can help this family purge this shame, instead of you typing and saying rubbish. Pray you don't experience such nigga
adontcare:
abi? Time and Time again people tend to ignore d spiritual and faces the physical. I will shut up but no man plant mango and reap guava
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 18, 2020
To be frank. Most of them don't end well. God is not at fault here. He already told us in his holy book not to drink alcohol because it's a sin, but some people who try to find excuse to sin always quote 1st Tim verse that talked about drinking wine.
Jail him forever to avoid public shame. And do pay him visits at regular intervals.

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by EricSmallz(m): 10:15pm On May 18, 2020
adontcare:

You are a fool.
A very big fool.
This is even beyond foolishness.
Anybody can have any type of a child. The guy chose his life.
Are you not less foolish enough to know that the OP and the person in question are siblings?.
Some children of drug dealers might end up being the best in the community, while the most influencial pastor or imam around could begat the worst thug around. Why ain't you suffering from the shit your parents did? Everybody has his or her destiny. Don't ruin your life with the stupid mindset of yours. And you even paraphrased the Bible, I go slap you o

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Hezmatosky: 10:16pm On May 18, 2020
But I wonder why you chose to be bothered by your brother's state of health? At that age? Even after you have tried all these? Simple and short, leave him alone. It might be his calling

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Darlingboy4sure(m): 10:16pm On May 18, 2020
OP I guess it started slowly, and gradually it graduated to this.

The truth is, everything negative or positive activity that we engage in (especially negative) has a very strong spiritual force behind it, that if not checked in time, becomes an ADDICTION! At this point, u only need the grace of God omnipotent, and a resolute heart to change it.

Never give up anyway. Hope is always the last to die. He may still come good someday.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 18, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
Mstick:
Your God must be a crack head then, why not punish the parents for their do called evil instead of the child that has nothing to do with it?

I am guessing you feel you're well trained right?! If you were you would know this simple rule, if you've nothing nice to say don't say anything.

Nawaooo
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Sterope(f): 10:16pm On May 18, 2020
Ode!

adontcare:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Kobicove(m): 10:17pm On May 18, 2020
star4ever:
I have a 42 year old brother who for over 18 years has been on hard drugs.

Every family has its black sheep...he's your family's black sheep and he's also a lost cause from the looks of it.

Just write him off and move on with your life!

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Myhusband(m): 10:17pm On May 18, 2020
if that dude don't die, no peace whatsoever in your house no be lie, hard drugs go beyond spiritual and psychological

I would have advise you people to lure him to North Korea, one bullet will save the stress

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by elektra(f): 10:17pm On May 18, 2020
adontcare:

Wow, we are addressing drugs madness this one brought her own religious madness. Madam, let us finish with this one first, we will tell you which hospital to get your own treatment.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by GeneralPula: 10:18pm On May 18, 2020
angry
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by elektra(f): 10:18pm On May 18, 2020
Myhusband:
if that dude don't die, no peace whatsoever in your house no be lie, hard drugs go beyond spiritual and psychological

I would have advise you people to lure him to North Korea, one bullet will save the stress

grin grin
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by sanniabiola(m): 10:18pm On May 18, 2020
He should surrender all to the mighty God who knows him before he was born Jeremiah 1-5.
Take in annoting oil daily the Bible says (touch not my prophet and do him no harm) after askin God for forgiveness. You will testify.
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Sterope(f): 10:19pm On May 18, 2020
They don't need to sell any property because of him. It is the buyer's fault if they don't carry out due diligence

frozen70:

If you guys can take him to psychiatric hospital, there is a drug they will give him that will calm his mental state down

Take your mum away from the house because of fear of killing her

Whatever property he can sell, you guys should sell it and he will have nothing to sell

Lastly, if he continues, he will definitely commit a crime that will take him to jail
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Sterope(f): 10:19pm On May 18, 2020
God is punishing the parents and God will also punish him also. Does that even sound right at all?

Ebere044:
[color=#006600][/color]

Nawaooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Bride Slumped And Dies On Wedding Day In Ogbomoso (photos) / Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) / 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.