Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,223 members, 7,867,577 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:50 PM

Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions (33071 Views)

Thanks For Finding Me Worthy’, Gbajabiamila Tells Tinubu After CoS Appointment / Obidients, Thanks For Making Tinubu President! / Presidency Reacts To EU Submissions On 2019 Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 7:43pm On May 19, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Isoko boy looking for cheap oil

Dragging Ndowka with Igbos, dragging Warri with Ijaws, Ishekiri and Uhrobo. grin

The best bet for una is Bendel republic, otherwise Igbos would still chase you out of una tiny land.
Isoko can't drag any part of Ndokwa land with Anioma

3 Likes

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 7:45pm On May 19, 2020
forgiveness:

Warri belongs to Itshekiri and Itshekiris are Yorubas.
No Yoruba in Delta state Mr man

2 Likes

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by forgiveness: 8:04pm On May 19, 2020
BrownLondon:

Hmmm, Tribalism apart.

We have Yorubas holding political offices in UK, so I will not say we don't intrude into other people's affair.

I think Yorubas don't like going to igboland, I don't know the reason why.

If I tell you that I don't know anyone living in SE would you believe?

The population of yorubas in SE Is very small, their voice won't go far.

Yorubas are many is SE.

5 Likes

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by forgiveness: 8:20pm On May 19, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
No Yoruba in Delta state Mr man

Yes! By ONLY NWANYIOGWASHI. grin

ITSEKIRI IS YORUBA- Papa Ayo Oritsejafor
- December 15, 2019

Ayodele Joseph Oritsegbubemi Oritsejafor, fondly called Papa Ayo Oritsejafor by many of his numerous admirers is the founding and Senior Pastor of Word of Life Bible Church, located in Warri, Nigeria. He became the national president of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) on the 7TH February 2005, a position he held for five years.. He was elected President of CAN, Christian Association of Nigeria. As a result of this, he became the first Pentecostal leader to hold the two positions simultaneously. He is married to Hellen Oritsejafor and they are blessed with many children in the Lord. In this interview, he speaks about the history of Itsekiri people and other topics:

· what would you say is unique about the Itsekiri people of Warri kingdom?

First of all, it is very important to establish the fact that Christianity started in Nigeria in Warri kingdom. It is what the average Itsekiri man or woman knows but they don’t talk about it. One of the reasons they don’t talk about it is a lack of spirituality. The first church that was built in Nigeria was not in Abeokuta, Badagry or anywhere. It was built here in the 16th century. The ruins of it are still here.
The first Christian missionary that came here was the Roman Catholic. In fact, the first contact with a white man was here. The Itsekiri people are the first contact with the white man in Nigeria.
By the way, the second thing that many people in Itsekiri may not elaborate on is that Itsekiri is Yoruba. The Itsekiri language is a dialect of the Yoruba language. Itsekiri people migrated from Yorubaland. Some of them migrated directly from Ife. Some migrated from the riverine areas of Ijebu, and some migrated from Ondo. Some of them especially the ones that migrated from Ife, they migrated with the Ilaje.

The Ilaje stopped at a point but the Itsekiri continued and they ended up here in Warri.
Now, a few of them came from Benin Kingdom. The Benin connection came from the palace. The palace connection is still Yoruba at the end of the day because the first Oba of Benin was a son of Oduduwa.

The first Olu of Warri was a first son of the Oba of Benin. That’s the Benin connection. The Itsekiri, when they moved here, they came with their Ife. The upland Yoruba called it Ifa. We are the waterside Yoruba. Our people will call the other Yoruba, Iroke. They called the Oyo people Iroke and other Yoruba Iroke but the Yoruba called them Ara Oke. This history is very important because they are dying away. In those days, the Ife which the mainstream Yoruba will call Ifa was the god of divination. The Ife had told the Itsekiri people that a prince would come and become their king. Therefore, they stayed without a king for a very long time, in fact for many years.

They were waiting for that prince, eventually this prince who was the first son of the Oba of Benin was a grandson of Oduduwa. He was very proud so he had a lot of problems with Benin chiefs. They were going to kill him. His father who was the Oba of Benin, you know he was supposed to be the Oba of Benin after his father, but for his own protection, his father had to get him out of Benin Kingdom. He gave him about 70 chiefs. They smuggled him out, put him in a boat and they performed all kinds of rituals. They put him in a boat then sailed to Warri. When he ended up here, remember our own people were waiting for a prince, they have been waiting for years. When he arrived, they consulted their Ife again and the Ife says, “This is the prince”. So, that was how he became the first Olu of Warri. That was how the first Olu of Warri came about.
In those days, in the palace, in Warri kingdom, they used to speak Yoruba. The palace was 100% Yoruba. Don’t forget the Itsekiri language is a dialect of Yoruba land and therefore a Yoruba language as it is to this day. The Benin are not Yoruba; they are descendants of Oduduwa but the palace is Yoruba.

https://yemiolakitans..com/2019/12/itsekiri-is-yoruba-papa-ayo-oritsajafor.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by darfay: 8:21pm On May 19, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Isoko can't drag any part of Ndokwa land with Anioma

https://www..com/news/165390/uduaghan-save-umuti-community-now.html

One of such settlements that doesn't exist
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by darfay: 8:24pm On May 19, 2020
forgiveness:

Yes! By ONLY NWANYIOGWASHI. grin

ITSEKIRI IS YORUBA- Papa Ayo Oritsejafor
- December 15, 2019

Ayodele Joseph Oritsegbubemi Oritsejafor, fondly called Papa Ayo Oritsejafor by many of his numerous admirers is the founding and Senior Pastor of Word of Life Bible Church, located in Warri, Nigeria. He became the national president of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) on the 7TH February 2005, a position he held for five years.. He was elected President of CAN, Christian Association of Nigeria. As a result of this, he became the first Pentecostal leader to hold the two positions simultaneously. He is married to Hellen Oritsejafor and they are blessed with many children in the Lord. In this interview, he speaks about the history of Itsekiri people and other topics:

· what would you say is unique about the Itsekiri people of Warri kingdom?

First of all, it is very important to establish the fact that Christianity started in Nigeria in Warri kingdom. It is what the average Itsekiri man or woman knows but they don’t talk about it. One of the reasons they don’t talk about it is a lack of spirituality. The first church that was built in Nigeria was not in Abeokuta, Badagry or anywhere. It was built here in the 16th century. The ruins of it are still here.
The first Christian missionary that came here was the Roman Catholic. In fact, the first contact with a white man was here. The Itsekiri people are the first contact with the white man in Nigeria.
By the way, the second thing that many people in Itsekiri may not elaborate on is that Itsekiri is Yoruba. The Itsekiri language is a dialect of the Yoruba language. Itsekiri people migrated from Yorubaland. Some of them migrated directly from Ife. Some migrated from the riverine areas of Ijebu, and some migrated from Ondo. Some of them especially the ones that migrated from Ife, they migrated with the Ilaje.

The Ilaje stopped at a point but the Itsekiri continued and they ended up here in Warri.
Now, a few of them came from Benin Kingdom. The Benin connection came from the palace. The palace connection is still Yoruba at the end of the day because the first Oba of Benin was a son of Oduduwa.

The first Olu of Warri was a first son of the Oba of Benin. That’s the Benin connection. The Itsekiri, when they moved here, they came with their Ife. The upland Yoruba called it Ifa. We are the waterside Yoruba. Our people will call the other Yoruba, Iroke. They called the Oyo people Iroke and other Yoruba Iroke but the Yoruba called them Ara Oke. This history is very important because they are dying away. In those days, the Ife which the mainstream Yoruba will call Ifa was the god of divination. The Ife had told the Itsekiri people that a prince would come and become their king. Therefore, they stayed without a king for a very long time, in fact for many years.

They were waiting for that prince, eventually this prince who was the first son of the Oba of Benin was a grandson of Oduduwa. He was very proud so he had a lot of problems with Benin chiefs. They were going to kill him. His father who was the Oba of Benin, you know he was supposed to be the Oba of Benin after his father, but for his own protection, his father had to get him out of Benin Kingdom. He gave him about 70 chiefs. They smuggled him out, put him in a boat and they performed all kinds of rituals. They put him in a boat then sailed to Warri. When he ended up here, remember our own people were waiting for a prince, they have been waiting for years. When he arrived, they consulted their Ife again and the Ife says, “This is the prince”. So, that was how he became the first Olu of Warri. That was how the first Olu of Warri came about.
In those days, in the palace, in Warri kingdom, they used to speak Yoruba. The palace was 100% Yoruba. Don’t forget the Itsekiri language is a dialect of Yoruba land and therefore a Yoruba language as it is to this day. The Benin are not Yoruba; they are descendants of Oduduwa but the palace is Yoruba.

https://yemiolakitans..com/2019/12/itsekiri-is-yoruba-papa-ayo-oritsajafor.html?m=1

Please stay out of this thread
It's about Anioma and urhobo.

Create a thread for your Yoruba itsekiri nonsense. Nobody cares especially not here

1 Like

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 8:25pm On May 19, 2020
darfay:

https://www..com/news/165390/uduaghan-save-umuti-community-now.html

One of such settlements that doesn't exist
I have told you Mister man no isoko land in Ndokwa land you people should not push us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 8:27pm On May 19, 2020
[[s]quote author=darfay post=89735747]

Create a thread for your Yoruba itsekiri nonsense. Nobody cares especially not here[/quote][/s] is Yoruba an official language in Delta state? Or is their any indigenous Yoruba people in Delta state? Itsekiris is an ethnic group in Delta state not Yoruba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Owologbo(m): 8:40pm On May 19, 2020
Sunshineg5:
ilaje in warri South?

there's no Yoruba in Delta State.
Even the ilaje that are in Ondo State will tell you they are not Yoruba (make your research).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Sunshineg5(m): 8:42pm On May 19, 2020
Owologbo:

there's no Yoruba in Delta State.
Even the ilaje that are in Ondo State will tell you they are not Yoruba (make your research).
Go and do your research properly

The Ilaje king Olugbo always claim to be Yoruba more than Oni himself

You people will be saying nonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Owologbo(m): 8:44pm On May 19, 2020
Sammy07:

Okay, understood.
there's nothing to understand there. even the Ilaje are not Yoruba (even twitwi of wazobia fm can attest to this?

2 Likes

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 8:45pm On May 19, 2020
[[s]quote author=Sunshineg5 post=89736442] Go and do your research properly

You people will be saying nonsense [/quote][/s] No Yoruba in Delta state Mister man, what is your problem

1 Like

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Sunshineg5(m): 8:48pm On May 19, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
[[s]quote author=Sunshineg5 post=89736442] Go and do your research properly

You people will be saying nonsense [/s] No Yoruba in Delta state Mister man, what is your problem
Ok
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 8:51pm On May 19, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Ok
Better cool

1 Like

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Owologbo(m): 8:51pm On May 19, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Go and do your research properly
You people will be saying nonsense
John snow, you know nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Sunshineg5(m): 8:51pm On May 19, 2020
Owologbo:

there's nothing to understand there. even the Ilaje are not Yoruba (even twitwi of wazobia fm can attest to this?
Another Isoko boy looking for oil far away from his tiny Isoko enclave

Ilaje are not only in Ondo, they are found in Ogun, Ondo and Lagos and Delta state.

Twitwi koo Biscuits nii

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Sunshineg5(m): 8:55pm On May 19, 2020
Owologbo:

John snow, you know nothing.
You are the one that knows nothing

Do you know the history of Moremi and Ilaje ugbo people of Ife.

Do you know the true story behind Olugbo

Isoko boy if need be I will school you about the history of your two tiny local government area in Delta state.
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by SocialJustice: 9:05pm On May 19, 2020
Thermodynamics:

I was born and brought up in Effurun, Na my present them tile that Jakpa Road, so I know what I'm talking about. My dad's house there in Effurun is over 30years old.

Well, I won't drag this conversation further, conversations like this ends no where.
Trying my best not to be part of the tribalism that is killing our people.
You grew up in Jakpa and you came here to say there are barely any Urhobos in Warri. I'm not resident in Warri though and I've heard there's a circle you residents have drawn that excludes Udu and Effurun. But for those of us in Delta and rest of Nigeria, Warri starts from Fufeyins Church, there are even people who add Okpe LGA to Warri.

Truly, it leads nowhere.
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by schoolmaster: 9:10pm On May 19, 2020
[quote author=Mystiquefia post=89693497]

In politics from the military regime to date urhobos have produced notable names like ogbemudia(midwest governor)
general patrick aziza
Olusoji Fasuba- Sprinter
In Entertainment we have
ALIBABA- king of comedy
Richard Mofe Damijo

Please check your records very well are these people Urhobos?
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Owologbo(m): 9:12pm On May 19, 2020
Sunshineg5:
There are Yorubas but they are less than 5% of the population but grouped as Ishekiris.

Their communities are near the ocean and very remote (far away from big towns)

Those Yorubas gladly accept being recognized as Isekiris because they are too small to stand on their own.

And partly because they share similar language and orgin with the Ishekiris.
young man, you are becoming irritating with this your argument.
there's no Yoruba in Delta State. Delta State has no business with yoruba.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Sunshineg5(m): 9:14pm On May 19, 2020
Owologbo:

young man, you are becoming irritating with this your argument.
there's no Yoruba in Delta State. Delta State has no business with yoruba.
Isoko boy, stop mentioning me, if you just going to continue repeating the same thing like a toddler.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Owologbo(m): 9:23pm On May 19, 2020
Mystiquefia:
Nwanyiogwashi my point is proliferation of LGA's is not a yardstick for determining population. Kano Has more local government than Lagos but does that make it more populated than lagos? The southeast has 5 states as against the south south with 6. are the miniority tribes of Southsouth more populated than the igbos? For Your informations urhobo territories are not just limited to delta central, urhobos are in warri south also, even asfar as ofoni in bayelsa state. infact, the Deputy Governor Of bayelsa State is an urhoboman. So if you add warri south to the two isoko local government of delta state plus the urhobos in bayelsa, about 12 local goverment. The ediod urhobo-isoko people are the most dominant people inhabiting delta state with an extimated 3million people & we are the 5th largest ethnic group in southern nigeria after the yorubas, igbos, ijaws, ibibio-efik, u have the urhobo-isoko people.

Attached Is the voter strength of local governments in delta state which helps buttress my poin
Oshare, dioma oto. Isoko is not an Urhobo; we are two different tribes. Stop attaching Isoko to Urhobo.
Focus on your Anioma vs Urhobo (leave Isoko out of it). thanks

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Owologbo(m): 9:27pm On May 19, 2020
Sunshineg5:
You are the one that knows nothing

Do you know the history of Moremi and Ilaje ugbo people of Ife.

Do you know the true story behind Olugbo

Isoko boy if need be I will school you about the history of your two tiny local government area in Delta state.
there's nothing to school about.
we have two local govts and we don't go about claiming other tribes, land or State as ours.
And as for dragging our land from us; we have just 2 lg but, we are not fearful type. we fear no one (you can make your research)
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Sunshineg5(m): 9:30pm On May 19, 2020
Owologbo:

there's nothing to school about.
we have two local govts and we don't go about claiming other tribes, land or State as ours.
Yes oh but know who is Yoruba or not from your two tiny local government area smaller than the smallest local government in ibadan.

Guy Abeg!

1 Like

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Owologbo(m): 9:35pm On May 19, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Yes oh but know who is Yoruba or not from your two tiny local government area smaller than the smallest local government in ibadan.

Guy Abeg!
anywhere Belle face people. please look elsewhere.
Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Sunshineg5(m): 9:36pm On May 19, 2020
Owologbo:

Abeg commot my mention and go face your two local government area jare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:38pm On May 19, 2020
Sunshineg5:

Guy Abeg!
If you use this energy you use in claiming itsekiris to kwara state it wouldn't have gone to Fulani land tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Sunshineg5(m): 9:41pm On May 19, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
If you use this energy you use in claiming itsekiris to kwara state it wouldn't have gone to Fulani land tongue
I repeat, I am not claiming Ishekiri but I just want them be given the opportunity to choose what they really want.

Their numbers are so small that people tend to force them to make decisions against their wishes.

Ishekiri should be given the opportunity to choose.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:44pm On May 19, 2020
Sunshineg5:
I repeat, I am not claiming Ishekiri but I just want them be given the opportunity to choose what they really want.

Their numbers are so small that people tend to force them to make decisions against their wishes.

Ishekiri should be given the opportunity to choose.
Are they comparing in Delta state? Put your focus in your state and leave Delta mata for Deltans

3 Likes

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Seerade029: 9:46pm On May 19, 2020
Owologbo:

Are you not Yoruba?

Why is your username a Yoruba word?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by forgiveness: 9:46pm On May 19, 2020
darfay:

Create a thread for your Yoruba itsekiri nonsense. Nobody cares especially not here

My bloodline are Uhrobo/Yoruba. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread Closed. Thanks for your submissions by Sunshineg5(m): 9:46pm On May 19, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Are they comparing in Delta state? Put your focus in your state and leave Delta mata for Deltans
You mean complaining in Delta?

Google is your friend

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (52) (Reply)

Governor Adeleke Shows His Football Skills (Video) / Bauchi Governor, Abubakar Invites Efe To Yankari For Relaxation / Jonathan Missing As APC Lists 23 Presidential Hopefuls For Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.