Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,678 members, 7,820,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country (60280 Views)

Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man / My Experience As A Married Woman Being Best Friends With A Married Man / He Abandoned Me With Pregnancy.Please Where Can I Report Him For Child Support? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Ayt27(m): 10:24pm On May 18, 2020
Someone7:
The good book said "if your enemy hungers, feed him; if he thirsts, give him a drink. For in doing so, you'll heap coals of fire on his head. Don't be overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good."

True
The good book didn't say bring him to your house and accommodate him
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by boyjo: 10:24pm On May 18, 2020
MrBigiman:

No. All my attempt at best friends failed. Short story

I was always first in secondary school, and at worst 3rd position, and my so called best friend was jealous of me. When my JSCE results came out my own best friend told me I failed woefully, when I had in fact picked all As. That was the end of our friendship.

In the University, I had a set back. My best friend started working before me. When i discovered he was serving close to where i lived i buzzed him up to check on him, probably he could dash me some change. He totally blanked me, and never sort anyway to see me for a whole year. Probably because he was now successful. But we were like brothers before the fame.

I have learnt the hard way that people don't necessarily take us the way we take them. And that it's best to forge on in life without grudges, but keep a safe distance from having any emotional attachment with any man.

A chap stayed with me without paying rent. He was processing IELTs to travel, but I didnt know, which is no problem at all. He ate my food, slept on my bed, and did his graduation party at my place without paying a single rent. He even did his graduation party in my house. He served and travelled out, only reaching out to me once. He then changed numbers and I never could reach him. When I saw his post on FB, I left a comment for him to inbox me his number but he never did, probably because he was abroad and i will be a liability.

Life continues

Bigiman

Oya naw, start to post Bigiman pix for FB make we see whether na because of liability im cut you off
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 18, 2020
No nonononononononononononononononononononononononnononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono in on on on on on on on on on on I onononononono ononono onononono on on onion on in on on on on on on on...
Spot the yes if you can..

Eat with Him from Afar...Don't let emotions play...Help him o,but from afar..Don't let him know where you get your Daily bread from..if not he would spoil it......
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Charlesedet: 10:26pm On May 18, 2020
forgive ur enemies bt dnt forget their face
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nickymichy(m): 10:27pm On May 18, 2020
OP no make me vex ooo.... behave ooo.... wetin self....look u can take him to ur house to confirm his curiosity after that...tell him in a plain Nigeria language that he can't stay in your house...take him to any near by hotel...pay for a night for him and forget dat man for life...na wetin you go do na him I don tell you so...you hear me so....yeye friend...
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by InvertedHammer: 10:28pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:
Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

We grew up as teens together, matured as adults together, he came to our house always and ate all his meals with us. My mom was really nice to him when she was alive. He wore my clothes and never returned them. I did not ask because my parents always provided for me although they were average citizens.

Then the worst thing in my life happened. I lost both my parents within the space of four years.
Things turned downhill for me (orphans do suffer a lot.. Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless).

My friend travelled to an African country. He kept telling me to come over there to work that things are better there. I kept declining but after a year of constant pressure, I decided to man up, packed my bags and travelled to meet him.

Guess what? I did not stay up to 5 days with him!!!

His attitude changed by the second day, he yells at me at every given opportunity, from his best friend, I turned to his boy, the heat he was given me was so bad that when he leaves the house and he comes back, I get scared just by hearing his footsteps. I virtually turned to a nonentity to him. I had no money on me because the little I had left, he collected it when I arrived. I knew no one, I felt so miserable and alone and I started regretting why I left Nigeria.

On the fifth day ,I woke up early in the morning and shook him up. I don’t know what got into me (but I am glad it did), I told him I can’t stay with him anymore and I want to leave. He did not even feel bad about this, he did not think of the fact that I know nothing and nowhere in this country. He let me go.

I packed my bag amid tears and went into the street. Mind you, I had no one to call back in Nigeria... It was tough on me but as a naija guy and as God will have it, I did not spend even a night on the streets. I was shocked that a total stranger took me in, clothed and fed me. He taught me everything he knows. I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here.

This so called best friend of mine saw my posts and pictures on Facebook and video called me to check on me (I guess his eyes did not believe what he was seeing) he asked me if I am in a hotel, I said no, I am in my apartment. He was shocked (me I nor keep any grudge against you) he told me he was coming to Nigeria and that I should please forgive him and forget everything that happened. I told him I can forgive but can’t forget.

What surprised me most are this exact words he said “my guy, if I come, na your house I go relax first abeg”

Now my fellow Nairalanders, I am asking, how should I go about this?

I have forgiven him but should I allow him into my home?
/
Let him stay in your place.

Who knows? Perhaps your parents want you to join them soon. Why can't you people avoid unnecessary problem? Why tempt the same God that delivered you?

Some people deserve to be left the f@ck alone. By the way, don't stop posting your success online for monitoring spirits. I don't think you have learned anything in life.
/
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by greenguy: 10:29pm On May 18, 2020
Who says you can't forgive him, who says you can't be friends from a safe distance and who says you must forget what happened.

A friend like this would surely kill you... Don't send yourself to an early grave.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:
Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

We grew up as teens together, matured as adults together, he came to our house always and ate all his meals with us. My mom was really nice to him when she was alive. He wore my clothes and never returned them. I did not ask because my parents always provided for me although they were average citizens.

Then the worst thing in my life happened. I lost both my parents within the space of four years.
Things turned downhill for me (orphans do suffer a lot.. Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless).

My friend travelled to an African country. He kept telling me to come over there to work that things are better there. I kept declining but after a year of constant pressure, I decided to man up, packed my bags and travelled to meet him.

His attitude changed by the second day, he yells at me at every given opportunity, from his best friend, I turned to his boy, the heat he was given me was so bad that when he leaves the house and he comes back, I get scared just by hearing his footsteps. I virtually turned to a nonentity to him. I had no money on me because the little I had left, he collected it when I arrived. I knew no one, I felt so miserable and alone and I started regretting why I left Nigeria.

On the fifth day ,I woke up early in the morning and shook him up. I don’t know what got into me (but I am glad it did), I told him I can’t stay with him anymore and I want to leave. He did not even feel bad about this, he did not think of the fact that I know nothing and nowhere in this country. He let me go.

I packed my bag amid tears and went into the street. Mind you, I had no one to call back in Nigeria... It was tough on me but as a naija guy and as God will have it, I did not spend even a night on the streets. I was shocked that a total stranger took me in, clothed and fed me. He taught me everything he knows. I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here.

This so called best friend of mine saw my posts and pictures on Facebook and video called me to check on me (I guess his eyes did not believe what he was seeing) he asked me if I am in a hotel, I said no, I am in my apartment. He was shocked (me I nor keep any grudge against you) he told me he was coming to Nigeria and that I should please forgive him and forget everything that happened. I told him I can forgive but can’t forget.

What surprised me most are this exact words he said “my guy, if I come, na your house I go relax first abeg”

Do some background check if his not into any crime so that he would cause another wahala give you.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 18, 2020
Which kind sly be this wey nor cunning... I get friends like this but I dey kip them at arms length. Learn to set healthy boundaries. No nor be bad word
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by boyjo: 10:37pm On May 18, 2020
Starhearts:
Lies everywhere in the country
Lol, in the Country??
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by akin101: 10:38pm On May 18, 2020
you want to allow him stay in your house.....
you must be really naive....
maybe you are waiting for hm to poison you......
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by PeachtreeReside(f): 10:40pm On May 18, 2020
Afamed:

No no sister. If he had died, he wouldn't have been able to prove the testimony. God purposely kept him alive, so for the guy to witness the testimony.
To me, he should welcome him and treat him welaaa as long as he's not posing any threat to him.
The Conscience will definitely be the judge. I will on my own behave as if nothing had happened

How would he know when he is a threat? After he has dropped poison in any of his food containers
Thinking ahead is important...

Let him put him in a hotel and be unavailable sef.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Tabletuner(m): 10:41pm On May 18, 2020
Octopusssy:
Foreign country wey no get name

Is it your foreign country ?
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 18, 2020
Richdee1:

Why are you always so pained about Igbos??
Are they the cause of your Misfortune??

Or is it only Igbo that travels around the world??
Thus your tribalism won't take you anywhere
Just ignore the B1tch, so many Igbo guys don f"ck and abandoned her, so she's pained.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by madjune(m): 10:41pm On May 18, 2020
Best Friends could be Best Fiends.

Be careful.

You came into this world alone and will walk alone and depart alone.

Your best friend through life is your Mom or your dog.

Those are two souls that will take the bullet for you without hesitation.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 18, 2020
cococandy:

No need to remind him. He remembers quite well. Just tell him no and that’s it. I wouldn’t even be chatting with him if I were you.
exactly! no need to even really keep in touch sef.
the OP berra be proactive, man'up and do the needful.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by boyjo: 10:48pm On May 18, 2020
InvertedHammer:

I don't think you have learned anything in life.
Yes o, lesson dey wey person must learn for life and im must learn am hard.
And when person learn am finish e no come still get sense, e must suffer am.

But God just still bless some people sha, them dey sabi learn lesson from another person experience.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by boyjo: 10:50pm On May 18, 2020
Mrpsly247:
Which kind sly be this wey nor cunning...
Maybe im friend dey here.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by sorhzkidd: 10:51pm On May 18, 2020
Any eye for an eye lol

Just kidding,I don’t think you should keep any grudge,instead be watchful and mindful,he fit still run another Bleep up tomorrow
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by middlebelter(m): 10:52pm On May 18, 2020
If you can afford it, make a separate accommodation arrangement for him far away from your residence. That should be done after you know how long he want to stay. Be polite to him and let him know you need some privacy for now and you won't like to make him uncomfortable while trying to organise yourself.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Jaqenhghar: 10:57pm On May 18, 2020
Pavore9:
Regular story one hears in Nairobi, how Nigerian friends in Kenya would get them to come over from Nigeria and become toxic few days after arrival, even scoping them to extend their visa.

You may have forgiven him but it doesn't change who he is, his heart is dark.
Not only Nairobi. I heard of one that happened in New york but even un naija it happebs. Saw a lot of that in abj
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Gokoyer0(m): 10:58pm On May 18, 2020
Just cut off all the means of communication with him. He can harm you eventually if you don't cut all the ties with him.

I have seen worse from the people I call best friends as well. Me I no dey look back at all when I say goodbye o. Be a man and drive him away.
slyfox35:

Thanks for this,my thoughts exactly, but I do not know how to tell him to back off,should I remind of him of what he did?
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by ildivino0z: 10:58pm On May 18, 2020
Sorry if in d course of my write up I insult u..
I grew up in s house where strangers had more rights than me.. They were all seen as blood. Ate and lived in my house.. Complete strangers had like 2 square meals in our house.. Father was just a giver even at his own expense... Wen he died d birds flee... Even relations fled.. To ur tent ooo Israel.. I couldn't even approach some of them 4 help cos of d fences dey built... It got really tough.....
But wen after navigating d storms and life began to normalize these same idiots began to warm their ways back.. Oneness and blood became the preaching... Their kids too began to look up to us... But u know wat? They only saw us as mumus dey cou4use again... But never.. We av no grudges but dey ur lane.. Can't b used twice

As for ur friend no need to hold anything against him... But let him stay far... They are fair weather friends u don't need dem... He left u in a no mans land alone he will still do that again. He is a poacher..... Never giv room to be used twice.... U will b a mumu letting him back... Such friends run from them. Its wisdom. Stop forming I am different.... Let him visit. If he wants to stay tell him u can't accommodate him... Intact don't even let him close...
If u weren't doing well would he av put a call tru?

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Jaqenhghar: 10:59pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Thanks for this,my thoughts exactly, but I do not know how to tell him to back off,should I remind of him of what he did?
They say he who dines with the devil should keep a distance.

This is why I dont post my life in FB. If you want to know condition when I dey, ask me
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by NickD(m): 11:01pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

If you don't want to die before your time don't let him even know where you live.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Babyforever(f): 11:01pm On May 18, 2020
FrankAkowe:
There’s not a Friend like the lowly Jesus:
No, not one! no, not one!
None else could heal all our souls’ diseases:
Jesus knows all about our struggles;
He will guide ’til the day is done:

There’s not a Friend like the lowly Jesus:
GOD bless you for this song sang it then at children choir
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by cutieme(m): 11:01pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Which country is that?

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Jaqenhghar: 11:01pm On May 18, 2020
ildivino0z:
Sorry if in d course of my write up I insult u..
I grew up in s house where strangers had more rights than me.. They were all seen as blood. Ate and lived in my house.. Complete strangers had like 2 square meals in our house.. Father was just a giver even at his own expense... Wen he died d birds flee... Even relations fled.. To ur tent ooo Israel.. I couldn't even approach some of them 4 help cos of d fences dey built... It got really tough.....
But wen after navigating d storms and life began to normalize these same idiots began to warm their ways back.. Oneness and blood became the preaching... Their kids too began to look up to us... But u know wat? They only saw us as mumus dey cou4use again... But never.. We av no grudges but dey ur lane.. Can't b used twice

As for ur friend no need to hold anything against him... But let him stay far... They are fair weather friends u don't need dem... He left u in a no mans land alone he will still do that again. He is a poacher..... Never giv room to be used twice.... U will b a mumu letting him back... Such friends run from them. Its wisdom. Stop forming I am different.... Let him visit. If he wants to stay tell him u can't accommodate him... Intact don't even let him close...
If u weren't doing well would he av put a call tru?

Your dad (rest his soul) probably thought they will remember the good he did and repay it by being good to you. Fortunately the rewards come through other channels.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by cutieme(m): 11:02pm On May 18, 2020
Which country is that?
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by bolousadex: 11:03pm On May 18, 2020
forgive but keep your distance. This means he must not stay in your house. he could poison you if he indeed left you roaming the streets of a place you barely know.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 18, 2020
Ayt27:

True
The good book didn't say bring him to your house and accommodate him

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

Saheed Husaini & Fatima Musa Stabbing Update: Husband Speaks / Woman's Wedding Ring Refuses To Be Removed, Finger Set To Be Cut - Facebook User / Difference Between Arranged Marriage And Love Marriage ( See Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.