Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country (60249 Views)

Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man / My Experience As A Married Woman Being Best Friends With A Married Man / He Abandoned Me With Pregnancy.Please Where Can I Report Him For Child Support? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by wolfrine(m): 12:23am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:
Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

We grew up as teens together, matured as adults together, he came to our house always and ate all his meals with us. My mom was really nice to him when she was alive. He wore my clothes and never returned them. I did not ask because my parents always provided for me although they were average citizens.

Then the worst thing in my life happened. I lost both my parents within the space of four years.
Things turned downhill for me (orphans do suffer a lot.. Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless).

My friend travelled to an African country. He kept telling me to come over there to work that things are better there. I kept declining but after a year of constant pressure, I decided to man up, packed my bags and travelled to meet him.

Guess what? I did not stay up to 5 days with him!!!

His attitude changed by the second day, he yells at me at every given opportunity, from his best friend, I turned to his boy, the heat he was given me was so bad that when he leaves the house and he comes back, I get scared just by hearing his footsteps. I virtually turned to a nonentity to him. I had no money on me because the little I had left, he collected it when I arrived. I knew no one, I felt so miserable and alone and I started regretting why I left Nigeria.

On the fifth day ,I woke up early in the morning and shook him up. I don’t know what got into me (but I am glad it did), I told him I can’t stay with him anymore and I want to leave. He did not even feel bad about this, he did not think of the fact that I know nothing and nowhere in this country. He let me go.

I packed my bag amid tears and went into the street. Mind you, I had no one to call back in Nigeria... It was tough on me but as a naija guy and as God will have it, I did not spend even a night on the streets. I was shocked that a total stranger took me in, clothed and fed me. He taught me everything he knows. I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here.

This so called best friend of mine saw my posts and pictures on Facebook and video called me to check on me (I guess his eyes did not believe what he was seeing) he asked me if I am in a hotel, I said no, I am in my apartment. He was shocked (me I nor keep any grudge against you) he told me he was coming to Nigeria and that I should please forgive him and forget everything that happened. I told him I can forgive but can’t forget.

What surprised me most are this exact words he said “my guy, if I come, na your house I go relax first abeg”

Now my fellow Nairalanders, I am asking, how should I go about this?

I have forgiven him but should I allow him into my home?

I will advice you forgive him.

However, such friends are better staying afar...
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by chidiebere123(m): 12:25am On May 19, 2020
Forgive him but don't allow him stay in your apartment I beg u.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by chaloskyx: 12:40am On May 19, 2020
you better face your business and forget about him like he faced his. you think hes happy fore you these types only get closer to bring you down so you better stay far away. as they are only full of jealousy and hate use your head

2 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by zico70: 12:47am On May 19, 2020
My broda, d guy will Bleep u over and over again. You can just help am from distance wey e no go affect, cos most people no happy say person dey progress.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by AreaFada2: 12:47am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:
Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

We grew up as teens together, matured as adults together, he came to our house always and ate all his meals with us. My mom was really nice to him when she was alive. He wore my clothes and never returned them. I did not ask because my parents always provided for me although they were average citizens.

T
What surprised me most are this exact words he said “my guy, if I come, na your house I go relax first abeg”

This may sound strange to those who have not left home before.

Far worse happens in oyinbo countries. At least you were in Africa where returning home was easier.

It doesn't mean it was a good thing he did, bot not unusual. The fact a that total stranger helped you mean your mum's kindness and God's grace followed you anyway.

My advise is you have had the chance to know his true nature, you do not need him around you. He took all you had from you in a foreign country. He can organise to obtain you in 9ja too. Unless you still live in your old neighbourhood where he will see you. If not you do not need to see him.

Since you have forgiven, fine. It doesn't mean close friendship must continue.

IBB was Vatsa's best man at his wedding, they shared same uniforms and slept in same bed according to Mrs Vatsa. But IBB also killed Vatsa due to what was generally believed to be a trumped-up coup plot charge.

But I hope your current business is legit, not all those online yahoo stuff.

Be good and let grace follow you.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by AreaFada2: 12:58am On May 19, 2020
Sparro:

Bros, he is coming to destroy you. If you are in doubt, let him in. Don't be a fool. If you let him in and the worst happens out of jealousy and envy, don't come and start yelling how wicked God is o.
Yell? Where will he get phone to post from Kirikiri? cheesy grin

The guy can set him up and take over his business. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by lenghtinny(m): 12:59am On May 19, 2020
If you know what is good for you, you won’t give him directions to your house.

Frenemies like him never changes, they only get worse. I don’t even know why you are entertaining the snake on Facebook when the block button is still working.

You survived his treacherous bite the last time, you may not survive it the second time....

Na back in the days, statement like bros over hoes used to be valid. These days, what’s out there is bro-hoes that are only waiting for the right moment to strike.

STAY AWAY FROM HIM.....

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Ambber(f): 1:25am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

Then the worst thing in my life happened. I lost both my parents within the space of four years.
Things turned downhill for me (orphans do suffer a lot.. Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless).

My friend travelled to an African country. He kept telling me to come over there to work that things are better there. I kept declining but after a year of constant pressure, I decided to man up, packed my bags and travelled to meet him.

His attitude changed by the second day, he yells at me at every given opportunity, from his best friend, I turned to his boy, the heat he was given me was so bad that when he leaves the house and he comes back, I get scared just by hearing his footsteps. I virtually turned to a nonentity to him. I had no money on me because the little I had left, he collected it when I arrived. I knew no one, I felt so miserable and alone and I started regretting why I left Nigeria.

On the fifth day ,I woke up early in the morning and shook him up. I don’t know what got into me (but I am glad it did), I told him I can’t stay with him anymore and I want to leave. He did not even feel bad about this, he did not think of the fact that I know nothing and nowhere in this country. He let me go.

I packed my bag amid tears and went into the street. Mind you, I had no one to call back in Nigeria... It was tough on me but as a naija guy and as God will have it, I did not spend even a night on the streets. I was shocked that a total stranger took me in, clothed and fed me. He taught me everything he knows. I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here.

This so called best friend of mine saw my posts and pictures on Facebook and video called me to check on me (I guess his eyes did not believe what he was seeing) he asked me if I am in a hotel, I said no, I am in my apartment. He was shocked (me I nor keep any grudge against you) he told me he was coming to Nigeria and that I should please forgive him and forget everything that happened. I told him I can forgive but can’t forget.

hell No! Except you want to see the part two of his wickedness which you may not recover from. If anyone shows you who he is, believe him the first time. Be his friend still but from afar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by cotzywitzy(m): 1:41am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

Thanks for this,my thoughts exactly, but I do not know how to tell him to back off,should I remind of him of what he did?

Bro no need telling him what he did. You have forgiven him but don’t let that guy come into your space ever again. Whatever you can do to help him do it but don’t let that guy come close.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Kayceealex(m): 1:57am On May 19, 2020
Don't share the source if your income to him.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Kayceealex(m): 2:00am On May 19, 2020
Don't share the source of your income to him.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Agbele1(m): 2:01am On May 19, 2020
cococandy:
Please don’t let him stay in your house.
You have forgiven him but be wise.

He’s clearly jealous. He’s coming to your house to see things for himself. You can’t predict what he will do after that.

I strongly believe that u have forgiven him, but dont allow him to stay in ur house, if he needs financial assistance u can do that but dont get close to him for now, be wise.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by tonididdy(m): 2:04am On May 19, 2020
your biggest mistake was chatting him or replying him. now you are no different from him if you choose not to accommodate him when he comes Nigeria.

he shouldn't even know your whereabouts, let alone your story. anyway I wish you safety and GL.

I had this experience and I blocked the so called friend, till today I have never spoken to him. of course he sees and hear of my successes but he can never be a part of it.

make everybody progress on their own, crowd sef no good.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by orobs93(m): 2:17am On May 19, 2020
I have read some comments concerning your post and most people agree with my thoughts ...the best you can do give him hotel money if you feel like do not let him near your home if you don’t have the money or don’t feel like giving him any money tell him straight up you don’t have any money ...don’t feel bad about these decision love your neighbour as yourself not more than yourself ...

[

quote author=slyfox35 post=89678595]Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

I have forgiven him but should I allow him into my home?[/quote]
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by lenghtinny(m): 2:31am On May 19, 2020
Someone7:
The good book said "if your enemy hungers, feed him; if he thirsts, give him a drink. For in doing so, you'll heap coals of fire on his head. Don't be overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good."

You will definitely realize how stupid this logic by the time you are buried six feet under the earth....

Just continue tolerating toxic human beings with negative vibes around you
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by cutieme(m): 2:31am On May 19, 2020
Please o which country is it in Africa one could go and make like 2M in six minths?Just being curious bro.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by senatepresido: 2:40am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

OP u be Yahoo boy. True or False... smiles
oil nor dey your friend HK so u con find another one, now you have arrived after defrauding the innocent and those that trusted you more than they should
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Gbengageorge: 2:44am On May 19, 2020
Reply hi, "Hotels day?"

slyfox35:

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by lenghtinny(m): 3:13am On May 19, 2020
Slyfox35 listen and listen carefully....

Don’t let anything bring you two together again.You don’t owe him anything. Not even hotel accommodation.
You have forgiven him which is more than enough. Any other jara is putting yourself in harms way...

In this case, there is no sense in trying to be the bigger person by showing him love because if he comes close again, his bad vibes would rub off on you....

2 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 3:15am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

I wouldn't keep a friend who uses that language, or thinks that way, they're retrogressive and I'm better than that.

Long story short what's wrong with this post is the fact that you need to ask, even after having such an experience.

If it is low self esteem, better deal with it oh, if not you'll get killed in your own house and taken for all you've got. He reads like his a materialistic and greedy, men like look more like bitches to me, men who are impressed by another man's wealth and have no shame. � Hopefully he does not meet someone like me, I will teach him, risky but men who are shameless and greedy will do anything, this is your time to revenge.

I know you're a Christain and all holyspirit high, but christainity does not mean you should be stupid, at the end of the day, it boils down to what type of friends do you want around you?, THAT IS WHY I SAID, IF NA LOW ESTEEM BETTER DEAL WITH IT. yes low esteem influences our choices in people and those we're comfortable being around, better aim high, better pass that degrading level or na inside your house Dem go kill you.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by manchester1: 3:27am On May 19, 2020
Some Friends can turn enemy but you made 2 million naira within 6 months and you choose to return to Nigeria shocked
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Toonice(m): 3:39am On May 19, 2020
That guy can set you up or set you back if you allow him to your house. Goodlock
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 3:51am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

Thanks for this, my thoughts exactly, but I do not know how to tell him to back off, should I remind of him of what he did?

It's better to even tell him you were joking that the house is not yours. In short, call him and start begging for money that you are broke. That you just posted those things to make it look like you have a life. Tell him you're tired and even thinking of suicide. That there is no reason to continue living. He will use his hand and advise himself.

If you do not do it this way, just know you've opened doors of trouble for yourself. Men are wicked. He might set you up. Call the police on you. Send people to kill you. Spread bad rumors to soil your reputation. Or use his mind to wish evil for you, and you'll be surprised how things will start going sour.

You had better rectify the mistake you made.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by bellotaofeek: 3:55am On May 19, 2020
Allow him if your MUMU never do .
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by InvertedHammer: 4:54am On May 19, 2020
/
Fool me once, shame on you; fool twice, shame on me.

Slyfox35: On a second thought, it could be that it is your destiny never to live long and enjoy the fruits of your labour. Everyone's prayer is for God to expose frenemies. Some people run away from friends but here you are running towards a confirmed enemy. I don't think God himself can forgive you for wasting the brain he gave you. With your issue, I came to admit that village people are real and they have opened your case. There is no other plausible explanation for your stupidity.

\
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Timijo(m): 5:02am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

It is good as you have forgiven him but you must be careful with him.
He is like a gold digger, when things were smooth he stuck around but when it was his turn to reciprocate he tricked you into a foreign land and abandoned you. Such a person does not worth being a friend, do not allow him into your house or life again. He has the feature of a chameleon and he could get rid of you because of envy.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by OChimex: 5:08am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

I now see why people get into trouble, because of stupidity.

Someone treated you the way he did after all you did for him when growing up. and you still never learn your lesson.

Second, you never said you invested or want to invest from the two million, all you said was you started living large. be careful, money has wings can fly away anytime. start to invest now so that u don't go back to suffering.

You called God out saying and I quote you "Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless" but you never take out time to shower your gratitude to God who blessed you in just a few months, and failed to retract your previous statement.

Thats a sign of ingrates.

Finally, you didnt mention your kind of work, hope its legit?

Run away from such viper as friend, such ones can kill because of jealousy
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by sweetsuny: 5:12am On May 19, 2020
cococandy:
Please don’t let him stay in your house.
You have forgiven him but be wise.

He’s clearly jealous. He’s coming to your house to see things for himself. You can’t predict what he will do after that.
The end of the story
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 5:13am On May 19, 2020
lenghtinny:

You will definitely realize how stupid this logic by the time you are buried six feet under the earth....

Just continue tolerating toxic human beings with negative vibes around you

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by sweetsuny: 5:15am On May 19, 2020
cococandy:

No need to remind him. He remembers quite well.
Just tell him no and that’s it.
I wouldn’t even be chatting with him if I were you.
I think he should keep chatting to know his every move, you can hardly tell what a jealous friend can do
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by myrates: 5:17am On May 19, 2020
Forgiving him is good but accomodating him back into your house could be dangerous. Meanwhile, the final decision is yours, proceed carefully.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by grandstar(m): 5:17am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35

Your friend must have been envious of you for years and wanted to teach you a lesson. Fortunately for him, the joke turned out to be on him.

Frankly speaking, he is persona non-grata. What does he want? What if your place did not exist? What if you were still homeless in another man's country and he enjoying himself?

Be wary of such people! When he was young, he was never really your friend and he still isn't. If you feel very uncomfortable, let him know and why. That you just don't feel at ease around him after the way he treated you. That his action showed he wanted to seriously hurt you and was well orchestrated and was well delivered but failed.

Remain friends but at a distance. If he needs your help financially, you can help him out. Let him know this. But for him to stay with you, odikwa risky (Read Eccl 7:15)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Medical Doctor Dumps Wife And Kids After Sex Romp With ‘cele’ Woman / Saheed Husaini & Fatima Musa Stabbing Update: Husband Speaks / Woman's Wedding Ring Refuses To Be Removed, Finger Set To Be Cut - Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.