Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,080 members, 7,953,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:44 PM

Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country (61192 Views)

Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man / My Experience As A Married Woman Being Best Friends With A Married Man / He Abandoned Me With Pregnancy.Please Where Can I Report Him For Child Support? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Greenbuoy(m): 5:29am On May 19, 2020
Op, I swear I dey vex on your behalf now. Infact I dey boil! I nor be hooligan, but e just dey do me like meh I see the guy meh I take blow bend hin nose.

2 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Edusouls(m): 5:34am On May 19, 2020
Chai women una get mind no be smallooo, yes the friend was wicked but in the mans world we don’t have an unforgiving and hard heart like you women folks..
yettymuse:
Severe all ties between you both! Block him on your Facebook so he doesn’t see your progress! This one na enemy! Who best friend epp!? undecided

life is business stop allowing your emotions take the lead! .

Now your emotions is leading you, making you feel like a bad person....Him reason you when he was wicked to you
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by blesoh(f): 5:48am On May 19, 2020
Please don't let him in else he's gonna poison you, same thing happened to my neighbor he died two years ago leaving his wife with three kids, his friend poisoned him out of jealousy
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Obidiugwu: 5:51am On May 19, 2020
As for me,forgive him but he is not worthy to call a friend indeed!
Dm us for your different types of high quality male/female Fabrics ,Curtains and beddings at affordable prices. Zero Seven Zero Five Two One One Three Four Zero Five
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by omalicha2: 6:00am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

Thanks for this,my thoughts exactly, but I do not know how to tell him to back off,should I remind of him of what he did?
Remind him and tell him off he is toxic and he can poison you
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Seedorph09(m): 6:05am On May 19, 2020
Contact via +2347030061196
Let us shine together.
I promise to give you better rate.

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Yinkagbo(m): 6:06am On May 19, 2020
Humanoid01:
Please don't let that guy into your home. If you want to help him, do that from afar, don't let him get close to you. The fact that someone seeks forgiveness doesn't necessarily mean that they have changed. It's clear from the way he made that request that he's only putting up a façade.

He will destroy your home at any given opportunity. In case you don't know yet, the reason you had to go through those rough times in his home was for you to know who he truly is, you should have learnt your lesson by now. I'm not saying you shouldn't help him, my point is don't get close to him anymore to the point of cohabiting with him.

Listen to what this person wrote up here.......just cut tiles with that your friend and move on.if not do this,I am sorry you may have yourself blame latter.....
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by crestdevelopers: 6:07am On May 19, 2020
Oga run far oooooooh E NO WORTH AM!

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by activelyA(f): 6:07am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

Lol,I Dey feel you brother
Thanks for feeling my pain bro,you be real niga ,then you know wetin I pass through,how guyman go looseguard guy man
Funny fact!
Devil never gives up. That you escape your first major challenge does not mean the second will not kill you. What will be painful will be if both challenges were served by same person.

Picture this, 4 months after the coming of your friend, your business crashes, you cant get a girl to even say yes to a relationship talk more of marriage, you sell your apartment...will you ever think it's this friend after 4months.

What if the reason why he was so angry with you was because your spirit rejected what he wanted to do with you (considering you are an orphan, no one will ask of you) or the charms in his house, that's obviously what happened because 2 days is too small for a person who was eager to bring you over. What was his initial intentions of bringing you?
Forgive me for being all diabolical bro but this world is deeper than we think.
That you are innocent does not mean I am innocent.

What if he is coming to do a spiritual assignment?
All he needs is a shirt you do not notice has gone missing or sand from your feet.
Be wise!!
That you survive first one no mean say you go escape this one ooo
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by ocnp: 6:08am On May 19, 2020
Life some time can be terrible. keep your distance but be wise. He might be envious of you do not allow the good old days to blind. friendship changes in time, your best friend today can turn to be your worst enemy. I have experienced something, the worst of it all he accused me of sleeping with his wife while nothing of that nature happened, i never even dreams of suck, talk less of to think about it
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by omalicha2: 6:09am On May 19, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
Fool me once, shame on you; fool twice, shame on me.

Slyfox35: On a second thought, it could be that it is your destiny never to live long and enjoy the fruits of your labour. Everyone's prayer is for God to expose frenemies. Some people run away from friends but here you are running towards a confirmed enemy. I don't think God himself can forgive you for wasting the brain he gave you. With your issue, I came to admit that village people are real and they have opened your case. There is no other plausible explanation for your stupidity.lol

\
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Kennyceez: 6:12am On May 19, 2020
The point in this story is that money speaks volumes in life. He treated u when u were broke without any hope. Now he wants to come and pally with u just becos u are financially stable now. Truth is if u were not doing well, he wouldn't have called u, let alone want to stay with u wen he comes back to Nigeria. Best advice is for u to stop him from coming to stay over at your place. In as much as u have forgiven him which is good by the way, reduce the level of friendship between u guys cos trust me, that guy is no longer a true friend. Dont allow him mess with your head for the second time.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Sirevangel(m): 6:35am On May 19, 2020
Bro firstly I'll say forgive him, but you know we can't forget at least one could forgive no matter how heavy it looks, but one thing you shouldn't do is to give him another opportunity into your life again.
If you can remember vividly it was friends who killed a man recently because of jealousy.
My candid advice is to help him from a distance, but don't create that relationship with him at all.
You a guy you simply tell him that he can't stay with you and if he asks you why, tell him that's your decision, if you have the money give him to get a hotel.
Be wise oo.. Once bitten twice shy

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by mekuso89(m): 6:41am On May 19, 2020
Stay away from that devil I have said my own
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 6:43am On May 19, 2020
cococandy:
Please don’t let him stay in your house.
You have forgiven him but be wise.

He’s clearly jealous. He’s coming to your house to see things for himself. You can’t predict what he will do after that.

I concur

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Iree1(m): 6:44am On May 19, 2020
Don't allow him.....instead give him small change to lodge no matter how small, that's ur contribution......jare eh.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by BalogunIdowu(m): 6:54am On May 19, 2020
Davash222:
I've seen worse than this, believe me.

I'll advice you, don't keep any grudge. If you think you want him around you, fine, if you think otherwise, fine. No one is gonna tell you what to do, you're an adult. Remember, don't keep any grudge.

I appreciate this, perhaps you can give sometime before allowing him to your place if not comfortable with it.

We are the most cruel of all creatures. cry angry embarassed
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by ekwerendi(m): 6:56am On May 19, 2020
From the story, please keep him at arm's length, such a friend shouldn't be allowed in.... You may rent a hotel for him..... but your house no..... the heart of a man is desparately wicked, who can know?
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by xanto: 6:57am On May 19, 2020
If u want to accomodate him just rent a cheap hotel for him max 5days... He's definitely not ur best friend anymore...
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Pat081: 7:01am On May 19, 2020
So far that u have 4give him that is ok nw and u dnt tell us maybe he still hv famliy or nt?? If he hv famliy let he go and b with them he may do u evil because so far that he dnt blive that u can make it ,heart of men is full of evil think of it again
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Matchingsquad10: 7:12am On May 19, 2020
Don't allow that guy into house, that dude can kill..... Chikina

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Emotionss: 7:18am On May 19, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
slyfox35:

Thanks for this,my thoughts exactly, but I do not know how to tell him to back off,should I remind of him of what he did?

I am telling you this from experience
Don't allow him stay with you to avoid stories that touches.

Lodge him in an hotel if you can but don't allow him close to your house doing so maybe one of the worst mistake you may ever make.

Forgive him but stay away from him

Your friend is a parasite.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by AkhereOkaka(m): 7:19am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:
Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

We grew up as teens together, matured as adults together, he came to our house always and ate all his meals with us. My mom was really nice to him when she was alive. He wore my clothes and never returned them. I did not ask because my parents always provided for me although they were average citizens.

Then the worst thing in my life happened. I lost both my parents within the space of four years.
Things turned downhill for me (orphans do suffer a lot.. Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless).

My friend travelled to an African country. He kept telling me to come over there to work that things are better there. I kept declining but after a year of constant pressure, I decided to man up, packed my bags and travelled to meet him.

Guess what? I did not stay up to 5 days with him!!!

His attitude changed by the second day, he yells at me at every given opportunity, from his best friend, I turned to his boy, the heat he was given me was so bad that when he leaves the house and he comes back, I get scared just by hearing his footsteps. I virtually turned to a nonentity to him. I had no money on me because the little I had left, he collected it when I arrived. I knew no one, I felt so miserable and alone and I started regretting why I left Nigeria.

On the fifth day ,I woke up early in the morning and shook him up. I don’t know what got into me (but I am glad it did), I told him I can’t stay with him anymore and I want to leave. He did not even feel bad about this, he did not think of the fact that I know nothing and nowhere in this country. He let me go.

I packed my bag amid tears and went into the street. Mind you, I had no one to call back in Nigeria... It was tough on me but as a naija guy and as God will have it, I did not spend even a night on the streets. I was shocked that a total stranger took me in, clothed and fed me. He taught me everything he knows. I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here.

This so called best friend of mine saw my posts and pictures on Facebook and video called me to check on me (I guess his eyes did not believe what he was seeing) he asked me if I am in a hotel, I said no, I am in my apartment. He was shocked (me I nor keep any grudge against you) he told me he was coming to Nigeria and that I should please forgive him and forget everything that happened. I told him I can forgive but can’t forget.

What surprised me most are this exact words he said “my guy, if I come, na your house I go relax first abeg”

Now my fellow Nairalanders, I am asking, how should I go about this?

I have forgiven him but should I allow him into my home?
You're an adult, my advise to you is that forgive him and bear no grudges, but there's a caveat(warning) here don't allow him to stay with You. That's why sometimes God allow us to face adversity, so we can know those we call best friend and bestie, if possible cut all links with him

2 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Pearl05(f): 7:36am On May 19, 2020
Forgive fine but don't forget so that the person doesn't hurt you twice.

Just tell him that you can't keep him in your house simple. Hotels are meant for a purpose and besides he has a family in Nigeria.

He shouldn't know your address, I don't want to type RIP on your picture.

2 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 7:36am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:
Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

We grew up as teens together, matured as adults together, he came to our house always and ate all his meals with us. My mom was really nice to him when she was alive. He wore my clothes and never returned them. I did not ask because my parents always provided for me although they were average citizens.

Then the worst thing in my life happened. I lost both my parents within the space of four years.
Things turned downhill for me (orphans do suffer a lot.. Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless).

My friend travelled to an African country. He kept telling me to come over there to work that things are better there. I kept declining but after a year of constant pressure, I decided to man up, packed my bags and travelled to meet him.

His attitude changed by the second day, he yells at me at every given opportunity, from his best friend, I turned to his boy, the heat he was given me was so bad that when he leaves the house and he comes back, I get scared just by hearing his footsteps. I virtually turned to a nonentity to him. I had no money on me because the little I had left, he collected it when I arrived. I knew no one, I felt so miserable and alone and I started regretting why I left Nigeria.

On the fifth day ,I woke up early in the morning and shook him up. I don’t know what got into me (but I am glad it did), I told him I can’t stay with him anymore and I want to leave. He did not even feel bad about this, he did not think of the fact that I know nothing and nowhere in this country. He let me go.

I packed my bag amid tears and went into the street. Mind you, I had no one to call back in Nigeria... It was tough on me but as a naija guy and as God will have it, I did not spend even a night on the streets. I was shocked that a total stranger took me in, clothed and fed me. He taught me everything he knows. I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here.

This so called best friend of mine saw my posts and pictures on Facebook and video called me to check on me (I guess his eyes did not believe what he was seeing) he asked me if I am in a hotel, I said no, I am in my apartment. He was shocked (me I nor keep any grudge against you) he told me he was coming to Nigeria and that I should please forgive him and forget everything that happened. I told him I can forgive but can’t forget.

What surprised me most are this exact words he said “my guy, if I come, na your house I go relax first abeg”

Sorry guys, I am going to quote everything.

Mr man don't allow him anywhere near you.

He is coming to kill you. He will poison you and collect everything you have.

Most people think that if you help someone they'll be grateful.

You should realize that he may have seen your help in earlier years as condescending.

He left you in the streets of a foreign country to die.

Your parents came through for you.

Don't let their efforts come to waste by taking that guy in. Cos he'll send you to go meet your parents.

Friendship is overrated.

Fly solo, and you will you rise higher.

Shun him. Tell him to go to hell.

At least this way you are being honest with him, more than he was with you.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Aliii(m): 7:37am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

my brother ,I can see you are a good man ,don't let your kindness kill you ..for the heart of a man is evil ,don't let him into your house to stay ..be a friend from afar.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Pearl05(f): 7:48am On May 19, 2020
Edusouls:
Chai women una get mind no be smallooo, yes the friend was wicked but in the mans world we don’t have an unforgiving and hard heart like you women folks..

Oga borrow a leaf from the female folks. Our nature makes it difficult for friends to poison women easily, friends sending assassins to waste another because men can open their mouth wide tell so called friends about a business deal that they are yet to discuss with their wives. Some rendered worthless because they surety a friend to take huge loan and he absconded.

Let us be females in peace our instincts are almost right.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by kgr8mike(m): 8:01am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

All things work together for good. Your life is so arranged by God for you to meet another destiny helper.

What if he did not do what he did, would you have met the stranger that turned your life around?

Some people even your parents are designed to take you to some extent and if your hand is on God's hands God will lead you to the next and the next.

So if in the arrangement of Destiny you are the one to take him to some extent, why not? You never can tell what's next.

Meanwhile dear, I lost my bank job since 2016 and has been village bound ever since. Please if you know what i can fix myself into that will take me from point A to B, kindly be that good Samaritan. Please.

Above all, just know that we all are here to play our part on the stage of life- to lift and be lifted. When you receive be gratefully thankful and when it's your turn to give, kindly do so graciously. Life runs on such wheels.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Sarang(f): 8:02am On May 19, 2020
I hope he doesn’t poison you.
Don’t let him stay in your house.
Treat him the same way he treated you..
After all, the initial goodness your parents did for him did not change him. Yours won’t now.
He might end up killing you even..

AVOID HIM.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Rejoice5000(f): 8:03am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

You Neva learn ur hard lessons? Six feet for you.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Lavisha(f): 8:04am On May 19, 2020
NybenSBF101:

Only jobless people engage in tribal war online, at the top of the food chain there is no discrimination. Find something to do, this Aboki-Nyamiri-Ofemmnu banter is becoming boring.

Go and make money my dear
Yea yea!
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Lavisha(f): 8:05am On May 19, 2020
sylve11:

Una wahala too much nairalanders grin grin cool
If the op can answer me sincerely, you will see the friend is an Igbo man

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Photos Of A Man And His Adorable Triplet Daughters Who All Look Like Him / Best Way To Show Your Wife You Are Not Happy With Her / What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.