Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country (60298 Views)

Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man / My Experience As A Married Woman Being Best Friends With A Married Man / He Abandoned Me With Pregnancy.Please Where Can I Report Him For Child Support? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by fredoooooo: 7:55pm On May 18, 2020
Alaye if you no wan go back to poverty no accept the bastard back into your life ... keep the the friendship distance like corona virus ...
God remove your virus , you want to use your hand bring it back ..
Don't come back and blame the devil o , i talk my own

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Dididrumz(m): 7:55pm On May 18, 2020
Davash222:
I've seen worse than this, believe me.

I'll advice you, don't keep any grudge. If you think you want him around you, fine, if you think otherwise, fine. No one is gonna tell you what to do, you're an adult. Remember, don't keep any grudge.

Well said.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by ovieigho(m): 7:55pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Thanks for this,my thoughts exactly, but I do not know how to tell him to back off,should I remind of him of what he did?

SMH..

until to ba poison e abi...

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by cmecproblem(m): 7:55pm On May 18, 2020
Take it from me, this best friending thing is damn toxic, AVOID.

5 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by collinometricx: 7:55pm On May 18, 2020
If he must stay, please be careful around him.
Make person nor go poison you or murder you..

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by lloyds(m): 7:56pm On May 18, 2020
Nothing like best friends bro...

Just let Jesus be your bestie....

7 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 18, 2020
that one is an enemy sef that u calling best friend
a lot of ppl will tag their enemy along and be calling them best friend

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Wizvicky(m): 7:56pm On May 18, 2020
Slynation:

Ponder on this words "Some people will only need you when it's beneficial to them"

Well i guess his attitude made you to locate your destiny helper, so show him love for that and always watch ur back...
show him love and at the same time watch your back. does it really make any sense. the nigga is clearly jealous. for him to say he was come to Nigeria and will be staying in your house after all he knew he did to you clearly shows he's got an ulterior motive. be wise brother. forgive him but take him as a fan now and not your friend. no friend would ever be that cruel to his friend after just 5days.

4 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by mendula(m): 7:56pm On May 18, 2020
I don't even have friends let alone a best friend... they all suck

6 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by slyfox35(m): 7:56pm On May 18, 2020
NOETHNICITY:
Honestly bro, for me I only gat myself

The people I called friends were never ever really there when I needed them
Nice orientation bro,and believe me,you will get far in life without them

3 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by FieldMarshall06(m): 7:57pm On May 18, 2020
Humanoid01:
Please don't let that guy into your home. If you want to help him, do that from afar, don't let him get close to you. The fact that someone seeks forgiveness doesn't necessarily mean that they have changed. It's clear from the way he made that request that he's only putting up a façade.

He will destroy your home at any given opportunity. In case you don't know yet, the reason you had to go through those rough times in his home was for you to know who he truly is, you should have learnt your lesson by now. I'm not saying you shouldn't help him, my point is don't get close to him anymore to the point of cohabiting with him.

Don't mind the op. Some people are hopelessly naive, to even think of allowing a heartless friend into your house. This time, he would poison you.

4 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by KaptainAfrika: 7:57pm On May 18, 2020
Might sound harsh, but he is coming to finish what he started. Its good you have forgiven him, but please stay far away from him. God exposed him the first time, you may not be lucky the second time.

8 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by purplecoco(f): 7:57pm On May 18, 2020
Every bad friend in my life. I cast you!! Damn! Some people can really be heartless. Don’t let that man near you again.

7 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 18, 2020
The good book said "if your enemy hungers, feed him; if he thirsts, give him a drink. For in doing so, you'll heap coals of fire on his head. Don't be overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good."

2 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by AgentGoat: 7:58pm On May 18, 2020
To die young dey hungry you abi?

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by tempex88(m): 7:58pm On May 18, 2020
Story is one sided

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by fredoooooo: 7:58pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Thanks for this,my thoughts exactly, but I do not know how to tell him to back off,should I remind of him of what he did?

Same way you man up and leave his house .. don't allow negativity back into your life ... i warn you o

2 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by abdullahi45: 7:58pm On May 18, 2020
Hello Fellow Nairalanders,

It is Biorender graphical scientific competition �. Biorender is an online platform for graphic design for your work and academic presentation, research work and even your publication. I am one of the contestants. Please kindly vote for me�

I briefly demonstrated with the aid of a graphical abstract how lead compounds (i.e. potential drugs) can be designed for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) from plant-derived compounds using molecular docking.

Just click the link below, sign up and vote. You can also participate. Participation is free and open to everyone�

https://app.biorender.com/contest/gallery/s-5ebd0939e00e0300ace73a7e-identification-of-plant-derived-compounds-for-covid-19-using

Thank you�
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by OgeFather(m): 7:58pm On May 18, 2020
Be nice and let him in and then after 5days send his black @ss away (1-1, correct score )

Ps if he came home with some cash, collect and flex him with it just to make sure he's broke when you're sending his @ss away

Thank me later cool
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by coolcare(m): 7:58pm On May 18, 2020
It's fine you have forgive but it's risky to have him stay with you.

2 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:59pm On May 18, 2020
Humanoid01:
Please don't let that guy into your home. If you want to help him, do that from afar, don't let him get close to you. The fact that someone seeks forgiveness doesn't necessarily mean that they have changed. It's clear from the way he made that request that he's only putting up a façade.

He will destroy your home at any given opportunity. In case you don't know yet, the reason you had to go through those rough times in his home was for you to know who he truly is, you should have learnt your lesson by now. I'm not saying you shouldn't help him, my point is don't get close to him anymore to the point of cohabiting with him.
You are a very wise man
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Omeku: 7:59pm On May 18, 2020
cococandy:
Please don’t let him stay in your house.
You have forgiven him but be wise.

He’s clearly jealous. He’s coming to your house to see things for himself. You can’t predict what he will do after that.
that kind of person can poison you. Be wise like serpent.

3 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by bmdmixer: 7:59pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:
Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

We grew up as teens together, matured as adults together, he came to our house always and ate all his meals with us. My mom was really nice to him when she was alive. He wore my clothes and never returned them. I did not ask because my parents always provided for me although they were average citizens.

Then the worst thing in my life happened. I lost both my parents within the space of four years.
Things turned downhill for me (orphans do suffer a lot.. Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless).

My friend travelled to an African country. He kept telling me to come over there to work that things are better there. I kept declining but after a year of constant pressure, I decided to man up, packed my bags and travelled to meet him.

Guess what? I did not stay up to 5 days with him!!!

His attitude changed by the second day, he yells at me at every given opportunity, from his best friend, I turned to his boy, the heat he was given me was so bad that when he leaves the house and he comes back, I get scared just by hearing his footsteps. I virtually turned to a nonentity to him. I had no money on me because the little I had left, he collected it when I arrived. I knew no one, I felt so miserable and alone and I started regretting why I left Nigeria.

On the fifth day ,I woke up early in the morning and shook him up. I don’t know what got into me (but I am glad it did), I told him I can’t stay with him anymore and I want to leave. He did not even feel bad about this, he did not think of the fact that I know nothing and nowhere in this country. He let me go.

I packed my bag amid tears and went into the street. Mind you, I had no one to call back in Nigeria... It was tough on me but as a naija guy and as God will have it, I did not spend even a night on the streets. I was shocked that a total stranger took me in, clothed and fed me. He taught me everything he knows. I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here.

This so called best friend of mine saw my posts and pictures on Facebook and video called me to check on me (I guess his eyes did not believe what he was seeing) he asked me if I am in a hotel, I said no, I am in my apartment. He was shocked (me I nor keep any grudge against you) he told me he was coming to Nigeria and that I should please forgive him and forget everything that happened. I told him I can forgive but can’t forget.

What surprised me most are this exact words he said “my guy, if I come, na your house I go relax first abeg”

Now my fellow Nairalanders, I am asking, how should I go about this?

I have forgiven him but should I allow him into my home?
u have forgiven him, but u let him stay with u den u are sick, dont come here again n write super story

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:
Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

We grew up as teens together, matured as adults together, he came to our house always and ate all his meals with us. My mom was really nice to him when she was alive. He wore my clothes and never returned them. I did not ask because my parents always provided for me although they were average citizens.

Then the worst thing in my life happened. I lost both my parents within the space of four years.
Things turned downhill for me (orphans do suffer a lot.. Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless).

My friend travelled to an African country. He kept telling me to come over there to work that things are better there. I kept declining but after a year of constant pressure, I decided to man up, packed my bags and travelled to meet him.

Guess what? I did not stay up to 5 days with him!!!

His attitude changed by the second day, he yells at me at every given opportunity, from his best friend, I turned to his boy, the heat he was given me was so bad that when he leaves the house and he comes back, I get scared just by hearing his footsteps. I virtually turned to a nonentity to him. I had no money on me because the little I had left, he collected it when I arrived. I knew no one, I felt so miserable and alone and I started regretting why I left Nigeria.

On the fifth day ,I woke up early in the morning and shook him up. I don’t know what got into me (but I am glad it did), I told him I can’t stay with him anymore and I want to leave. He did not even feel bad about this, he did not think of the fact that I know nothing and nowhere in this country. He let me go.

I packed my bag amid tears and went into the street. Mind you, I had no one to call back in Nigeria... It was tough on me but as a naija guy and as God will have it, I did not spend even a night on the streets. I was shocked that a total stranger took me in, clothed and fed me. He taught me everything he knows. I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here.

This so called best friend of mine saw my posts and pictures on Facebook and video called me to check on me (I guess his eyes did not believe what he was seeing) he asked me if I am in a hotel, I said no, I am in my apartment. He was shocked (me I nor keep any grudge against you) he told me he was coming to Nigeria and that I should please forgive him and forget everything that happened. I told him I can forgive but can’t forget.

What surprised me most are this exact words he said “my guy, if I come, na your house I go relax first abeg”

Now my fellow Nairalanders, I am asking, how should I go about this?

I have forgiven him but should I allow him into my home?

The choice is yours ultimately. But just like you said, you've forgiven but can't forget. I cannot take such a person into my apartment anymore cos you draw the line at some point... If he wants to meet you, do so in a public place. You can't really trust such people man. Traitors are real... He is a selfish person from what u wrote...

2 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by linearity: 7:59pm On May 18, 2020
Forgive does not mean, you should repeat the same past mistakes.

He has shown himself not to be your friend, but an acquaintance; treat, accept and deal with him on acquaintance bases.

Which means, you will not open your apartment fully for him, you don’t know what his motives might be...is he truly happy for your progress or envious of it?

You can help him from a distant as much as you are able, he has shown who he truly is; don’t sugar coat it or white wash it, etc.

Those who don’t learn from history or past experiences will live to repeat them, again and again until they learn.

7 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by DenreleDave(m): 8:00pm On May 18, 2020
Lavisha:
your friend must be an igbo
U av sense.. I tot as much.

Only igbo behaves dt way
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by FGonline: 8:00pm On May 18, 2020
Octopusssy:

You must specify. Which one is 'African country'? Which kain business you do wey fetch you 2m? Where did this good samaritan see you to house? Did you approach him or he approached you?

Guy your story is vague and unbelievable abeg.
within 6months

And why leave d job to naija

I think say na only me no bliv ooo
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by raphy(m): 8:00pm On May 18, 2020
guy just delete that kind person from your life.he need your money as he just.see your improvement.

don't pick his cals again just don't.have anything to do with him even though u have forgiven him..if u have a gf he can Bleep her.

2 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by HonourableUche(m): 8:00pm On May 18, 2020
Easier said than done.
Davash222:
I've seen worse than this, believe me.

I'll advice you, don't keep any grudge. If you think you want him around you, fine, if you think otherwise, fine. No one is gonna tell you what to do, you're an adult. Remember, don't keep any grudge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by InaNla(f): 8:00pm On May 18, 2020
Meet outside your home.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 18, 2020
You go Ghana go see your guy grin grin bros nor take ham to heart Ghana na street life.. No brother no friend

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Woman's Wedding Ring Refuses To Be Removed, Finger Set To Be Cut - Facebook User / Difference Between Arranged Marriage And Love Marriage ( See Photo) / A Woman From Uganda Who Gave Birth To 44 Children Reveals What Her Life Is Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.