Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country (60375 Views)

Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man / My Experience As A Married Woman Being Best Friends With A Married Man / He Abandoned Me With Pregnancy.Please Where Can I Report Him For Child Support? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by bestabigaelever(f): 1:48pm On May 18, 2020
I don't like soft people like you, man up and tell him he can't stay with u
If you can afford it, tell him u will give him money for 2days in hotel lodge

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by LewsTherin: 1:58pm On May 18, 2020
He is not, nor has he ever been, your friend. You have always been a meal ticket.

The Bible says we should forgive. Good you have forgiven him.

The Bible also asks that while you are as gentle as a dove, be as wise as a serpent.

He has no business being in your house. You want to host him? Take him to a restaurant.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Octopusssy(f): 2:03pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

See you wey get name “Octopussy”
Must I specify everything in my writeup?
You understand abi you nor understand
You must specify. Which one is 'African country'? Which kain business you do wey fetch you 2m? Where did this good samaritan see you to house? Did you approach him or he approached you?

Guy your story is vague and unbelievable abeg.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by joceey(m): 2:38pm On May 18, 2020
Pls i beg u in the name of GOD ,don't let the guy come to your house or know your place and the way u made it in the street he abandoned u don't go into details with him.When he arrives naija tell him u re not available ,don't be surprised that guy can lie you scamed him or he is coming to steal or destroy such type of guys are toxic ,stay away from him be wise.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Humanoid01(m): 2:44pm On May 18, 2020
Octopusssy:

You must specify. Which one is 'African country'? Which kain business you do wey fetch you 2m? Where did this good samaritan see you to house? Did you approach him or he approached you?

Guy your story is vague and unbelievable abeg.
How would stating the country be of any use in the story? Do you want to go there and carry out a research to verify the story? The main subject here is his ordeal with his friend, and not the country or the details of his business. There's nothing about this piece that makes it difficult to believe, you're just raising unnecessary points.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Benzboys(m): 3:00pm On May 18, 2020
Since my own best friend handed me to the police last year and lied against me,I no do again.
Jealousy can make a lot of people do crazy,extraordinary things.

38 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Sixfeetbelle: 3:02pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Thanks for this,my thoughts exactly, but I do not know how to tell him to back off,should I remind of him of what he did?

Tell him plainly that you can't accommodate him in your house because you love your space. Be firm about it so he'll know there's 'no vacancy' in your house ever. Let him interpret it however he wishes.

17 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by slyfox35(m): 3:38pm On May 18, 2020
Humanoid01:

How would stating the country be of any use in the story? Do you want to go there and carry out a research to verify the story? The main subject here is his ordeal with his friend, and not the country or the details of his business. There's nothing about this piece that makes it difficult to believe, you're just raising unnecessary points.
Thank you so much for this reply,I never knew you have replied,then I would not have wasted my time on quoting someone with a very high degree of ignorance. Octopussy or whatever his name is.
Sensible people are not hard to spot,you are one humanoid.
Will stating the country reverse what I passed through in those streets or the mental pains I went through,telling the story is hard enough

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by slyfox35(m): 3:39pm On May 18, 2020
Benzboys:
Since my own best friend handed me to the police last year and lied against me,I no do again.
Jealousy can make a lot of people do crazy,extraordinary things.
I tell you Bro,How far How far from afar is the best form of friendship now

22 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by slyfox35(m): 3:40pm On May 18, 2020
bestabigaelever:
I don't like soft people like you, man up and tell him he can't stay with u
If you can afford it, tell him u will give him money for 2days in hotel lodge
Lol,I guess you get me there,I am soft but not stupid,I get your advice

7 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Humanoid01(m): 3:50pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Thank you so much for this reply,I never knew you have replied,then I would not have wasted my time on quoting someone with a very high degree of ignorance. Octopussy or whatever his name is.
Sensible people are not hard to spot,you are one humanoid.
Will stating the country reverse what I passed through in those streets or the mental pains I went through,telling the story is hard enough
Lol it seems like that person has been bothering you. It'll do you a world of good if you ignore any comment that doesn't follow the topic, that way you'll be able to focus on the important ones. Thanks for the compliment!

2 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by baybie3(f): 3:52pm On May 18, 2020
Its good that you have forgiven him, but it's not a good idea to allow him stay in your house. Be firm and wise while dealing with such people.
Also, don't reveal your line of business to him. He seems capable of pulling you down at the slightest opportunity.

15 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by GboyegaD(m): 3:56pm On May 18, 2020
You know him better to know if you can trust him enough to stay with you. Just give it a deep thought before you decide.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by We4all: 3:56pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Thanks for this,my thoughts exactly, but I do not know how to tell him to back off,should I remind of him of what he did?

You shouldn't have even picked his calls. Overtime, I have learnt not to have anything to do with people who wreaks of 'negative energy'. Send him a text to inform him that you can't accommodate him cos it will be of inconvenience to you.

If he is smart, he will get the message and stop bothering you. But if he insists, pay no attention to him cos you owe him nothing.

24 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Octopusssy(f): 4:01pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Your stupidity seems hereditary,I won’t bother my time on you,if your life is vague and unbelievable,some people experiences are not,my story is vague? Then I have to lie about my parents death?
I only asked for advice,if you have none in that empty skull of yours,then shut up and stop being a fool on Nairaland
You are an expert on stupidity, being terminally stupid yourself. That is why you will come online to ask asinine questions after narrating a vague cock and bull story. Go and ask advice from your phantom boyfriend

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by ProfAmaben(m): 4:06pm On May 18, 2020
Lavisha:
your friend must be an igbo
You are really myopic in your reasoning. Your mental capacity and comprehension is -0

9 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by bestabigaelever(f): 4:47pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Lol,I guess you get me there,I am soft but not stupid,I get your advice
Good grin
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Drizzy5001(m): 4:50pm On May 18, 2020
Lavisha:
behave ur self

6 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Chiedu4Trump: 7:50pm On May 18, 2020
Lavisha:

7 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by viclee(m): 7:53pm On May 18, 2020
Welcome him into your Home. Then treat him exactly how he treated you. Humans Hate it when what they did to others is done to them.

2 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:53pm On May 18, 2020
Honestly bro, for me I only gat myself

The people I called friends were never ever really there when I needed them

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Godnavic: 7:53pm On May 18, 2020
In this century nothing like "best friend"

11 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Trillyonaire: 7:53pm On May 18, 2020
Are you sure you were your best friend's best friend?

You are not okay for even considering allowing him anywhere near your house.

9 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by stcool(m): 7:53pm On May 18, 2020
You want to allow him come and set you up...or plan evil against you...

You don't have sense!!!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by LuQuLuQu(m): 7:53pm On May 18, 2020
Lavisha:

No. He is an almajiri

4 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by lekki1444: 7:53pm On May 18, 2020
is he a waffi guy lmaooo
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by MrStan11(m): 7:53pm On May 18, 2020
I can relate to this.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by haryorbarmie83(m): 7:54pm On May 18, 2020
It will show in you if you're truly foolish by accommodating him again. No matter what he can't change. If you're broke again he will still do same. They call them owo epo.

23 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by peetah09(m): 7:54pm On May 18, 2020
friends with benefits everywhere...

4 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:
Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

We grew up as teens together, matured as adults together, he came to our house always and ate all his meals with us. My mom was really nice to him when she was alive. He wore my clothes and never returned them. I did not ask because my parents always provided for me although they were average citizens.

Then the worst thing in my life happened. I lost both my parents within the space of four years.
Things turned downhill for me (orphans do suffer a lot.. Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless).

My friend travelled to an African country. He kept telling me to come over there to work that things are better there. I kept declining but after a year of constant pressure, I decided to man up, packed my bags and travelled to meet him.

Guess what? I did not stay up to 5 days with him!!!

His attitude changed by the second day, he yells at me at every given opportunity, from his best friend, I turned to his boy, the heat he was given me was so bad that when he leaves the house and he comes back, I get scared just by hearing his footsteps. I virtually turned to a nonentity to him. I had no money on me because the little I had left, he collected it when I arrived. I knew no one, I felt so miserable and alone and I started regretting why I left Nigeria.

On the fifth day ,I woke up early in the morning and shook him up. I don’t know what got into me (but I am glad it did), I told him I can’t stay with him anymore and I want to leave. He did not even feel bad about this, he did not think of the fact that I know nothing and nowhere in this country. He let me go.

I packed my bag amid tears and went into the street. Mind you, I had no one to call back in Nigeria... It was tough on me but as a naija guy and as God will have it, I did not spend even a night on the streets. I was shocked that a total stranger took me in, clothed and fed me. He taught me everything he knows. I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here.

This so called best friend of mine saw my posts and pictures on Facebook and video called me to check on me (I guess his eyes did not believe what he was seeing) he asked me if I am in a hotel, I said no, I am in my apartment. He was shocked (me I nor keep any grudge against you) he told me he was coming to Nigeria and that I should please forgive him and forget everything that happened. I told him I can forgive but can’t forget.

What surprised me most are this exact words he said “my guy, if I come, na your house I go relax first abeg”

Now my fellow Nairalanders, I am asking, how should I go about this?

I have forgiven him but should I allow him into my home?
Bros, he is coming to destroy you. If you are in doubt, let him in. Don't be a fool. If you let him in and the worst happens out of jealousy and envy, don't come and start yelling how wicked God is o.

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Difference Between Arranged Marriage And Love Marriage ( See Photo) / Lady Moves Out Of Husband’s House 6 Months After Marriage, Uses Truck To Pack / How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.