Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,663 members, 7,959,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:07 AM

Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country (61228 Views)

Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man / My Experience As A Married Woman Being Best Friends With A Married Man / He Abandoned Me With Pregnancy.Please Where Can I Report Him For Child Support? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:36am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

Thanks for this,my thoughts exactly, but I do not know how to tell him to back off,should I remind of him of what he did?
Tell him you aren't around.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by tucky200(m): 11:44am On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:
Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

We grew up as teens together, matured as adults together, he came to our house always and ate all his meals with us. My mom was really nice to him when she was alive. He wore my clothes and never returned them. I did not ask because my parents always provided for me although they were average citizens.

Then the worst thing in my life happened. I lost both my parents within the space of four years.
Things turned downhill for me (orphans do suffer a lot.. Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless).

My friend travelled to an African country. He kept telling me to come over there to work that things are better there. I kept declining but after a year of constant pressure, I decided to man up, packed my bags and travelled to meet him.

Guess what? I did not stay up to 5 days with him!!!

His attitude changed by the second day, he yells at me at every given opportunity, from his best friend, I turned to his boy, the heat he was given me was so bad that when he leaves the house and he comes back, I get scared just by hearing his footsteps. I virtually turned to a nonentity to him. I had no money on me because the little I had left, he collected it when I arrived. I knew no one, I felt so miserable and alone and I started regretting why I left Nigeria.

On the fifth day ,I woke up early in the morning and shook him up. I don’t know what got into me (but I am glad it did), I told him I can’t stay with him anymore and I want to leave. He did not even feel bad about this, he did not think of the fact that I know nothing and nowhere in this country. He let me go.

I packed my bag amid tears and went into the street. Mind you, I had no one to call back in Nigeria... It was tough on me but as a naija guy and as God will have it, I did not spend even a night on the streets. I was shocked that a total stranger took me in, clothed and fed me. He taught me everything he knows. I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here.

This so called best friend of mine saw my posts and pictures on Facebook and video called me to check on me (I guess his eyes did not believe what he was seeing) he asked me if I am in a hotel, I said no, I am in my apartment. He was shocked (me I nor keep any grudge against you) he told me he was coming to Nigeria and that I should please forgive him and forget everything that happened. I told him I can forgive but can’t forget.

What surprised me most are this exact words he said “my guy, if I come, na your house I go relax first abeg”

Now my fellow Nairalanders, I am asking, how should I go about this?

I have forgiven him but should I allow him into my home?
"forgive to be forgiven, when another man trespass" don't go deep like u did in the past. Know your limits. You already figured out his personality
It's left to you bro.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Lerumo: 11:46am On May 19, 2020
If you let him stay with you, it means you’ve learnt nothing about life.

My advice to you. Keep away from him he’s no longer your friend.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Edusouls(m): 12:21pm On May 19, 2020
Nooo sister you’re sensible with some points yes your instincts are wonderful gifts from nature but your stone hard hearts and uncompromising nature is one of the main reasons you people were given the backseats by the creator and men were made the chosen ones, made in the image and likeness of our father and given the authority over earth. Creation was all about a man and ends with being a man, cos God is a man, so women should just follow quietly for the best result in their interest..
Pearl05:

Oga borrow a leaf from the female folks. Our nature makes it difficult for friends to poison women easily, friends sending assassins to waste another because men can open their mouth wide tell so called friends about a business deal that they are yet to discuss with their wives. Some rendered worthless because they surety a friend to take huge loan and he absconded.

Let us be females in peace our instincts are almost right.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by sunkieisland(m): 12:32pm On May 19, 2020
Your friend is an example of a parasite.

when your going was good, he was feeding fat (benefiting from your family)

When things went south, he felt that he could still benefit, hence he invited you to his base. Reality dawned on him and he saw that there was nothing to gain, so he didn't even bat an eyelid when you opted to move out of his place.

Now you're comfortable, He thinks he can still benefit from his host.

DON"T ALLOW HIM NEAR YOU.

His objective is to finish you off until you're dead or have nothing else to offer anyone. That's the major characteristic of PARASITES
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Basher8583: 12:57pm On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:
........ I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here........

6months ...2million naira... Abeg which job was that cuz you missed out that detail in your story
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Pearl05(f): 1:09pm On May 19, 2020
Edusouls:
Nooo sister you’re sensible with some points yes your instincts are wonderful gifts from nature but your stone hard hearts and uncompromising nature is one of the main reasons you people were given the backseats by the creator and men were made the chosen ones, made in the image and likeness of our father and given the authority over earth. Creation was all about a man and ends with being a man, cos God is a man, so women should just follow quietly for the best result in their interest..

Forget that thing. If you are so important why did God made you from dust (raw material)? But the female was made finished goods( that's why we are finest).
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 19, 2020
It seems u haven't learned anything at all.

Forgiving someone doesn't mean allowing oneself to u used the second time. E.g if someone tries to poisoned u and asked for ur forgiveness u will forgive but will u eat with that person again?

Cut off all ties with that friend and make sure he doesn't know ur source of income because that is what he is interested in, he might even sabotage u.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Ogeebaebie(f): 1:20pm On May 19, 2020
If this is a real story, that your so called friend is coming to kill you. Mark my words
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 19, 2020
[quote and GL.

make everybody progress on their own, crowd sef no good. [/quote]
My brother, ur head dey there.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by davidadenrele: 1:24pm On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:
Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

We grew up as teens together, matured as adults together, he came to our house always and ate all his meals with us. My mom was really nice to him when she was alive. He wore my clothes and never returned them. I did not ask because my parents always provided for me although they were average citizens.

Then the worst thing in my life happened. I lost both my parents within the space of four years.
Things turned downhill for me (orphans do suffer a lot.. Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless).

My friend travelled to an African country. He kept telling me to come over there to work that things are better there. I kept declining but after a year of constant pressure, I decided to man up, packed my bags and travelled to meet him.

His attitude changed by the second day, he yells at me at every given opportunity, from his best friend, I turned to his boy, the heat he was given me was so bad that when he leaves the house and he comes back, I get scared just by hearing his footsteps. I virtually turned to a nonentity to him. I had no money on me because the little I had left, he collected it when I arrived. I knew no one, I felt so miserable and alone and I started regretting why I left Nigeria.

On the fifth day ,I woke up early in the morning and shook him up. I don’t know what got into me (but I am glad it did), I told him I can’t stay with him anymore and I want to leave. He did not even feel bad about this, he did not think of the fact that I know nothing and nowhere in this country. He let me go.

I packed my bag amid tears and went into the street. Mind you, I had no one to call back in Nigeria... It was tough on me but as a naija guy and as God will have it, I did not spend even a night on the streets. I was shocked that a total stranger took me in, clothed and fed me. He taught me everything he knows. I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here.

This so called best friend of mine saw my posts and pictures on Facebook and video called me to check on me (I guess his eyes did not believe what he was seeing) he asked me if I am in a hotel, I said no, I am in my apartment. He was shocked (me I nor keep any grudge against you) he told me he was coming to Nigeria and that I should please forgive him and forget everything that happened. I told him I can forgive but can’t forget.

What surprised me most are this exact words he said “my guy, if I come, na your house I go relax first abeg”

Brotherly,

Inside life no be deeper life ooo!!! Please like you said he has been forgiven don't ever i repeat never ever allowed him into your home talk-less of giving him your home address, a word they say is enough for the wise, someone that could maltreat you this way!! hmmn what if this guy set you up or even implicate you pls keep a low profile for now in fact avoid posting new pics on Facebook for now just in-case he intend to trace you through other means.

All the best.

DA.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by taurusmena1(m): 1:42pm On May 19, 2020
Good a thing I read this. First thing first;

HUMANS DO NOT CHANGE. take note. He will end up making u miserable cos his type will be filled with jealousy which will lead to frustrations that will make him plot and carry out evil against you.

In clear terms tell him you FORGIVE him but cannot accommodate him.

If he needs assistance and you can offer it, pls do but don't let him come close to you.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by alfredilly: 1:53pm On May 19, 2020
Orpe7:
Such a person wont hesitate to put juju in your apartment
Reminds me of my roommate in University
The bobo was scotting with me all tru, I didnt even mind only for us to graduate for us to be looking for jobs. Yeah times were hard for all of us but this dude called me one day and told me that his parents said we his friends were the ones holding him spiritually from succeeding in life (imagine)
I hung the call and we didn't talk for about 3yrs
One day out of the blue, he called and told me he was coming to my local government for a job and he would like to spend the night in my crib.
Omo i declined o
Come see as baba take offence
Like say we rent apartment together
Then I knew there was more to his coming over

Your friends case is different from the story on this threat o. That guy might not have the intention of harming you. That his parents told him his friend the one holding back his destiny, and yet he came to tell you show how open minded he was. I told think he has harmed you in any way.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Kfed4ril(m): 2:22pm On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

Thanks for this,my thoughts exactly, but I do not know how to tell him to back off,should I remind of him of what he did?

No need reminding him, just tell him you’ve forgiven but not forgotten and as such you can’t let him stay with you. Guy no fear, he doesn’t feed you, does he?
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Medeena(f): 2:37pm On May 19, 2020
cococandy:
Please don’t let him stay in your house.
You have forgiven him but be wise.

He’s clearly jealous. He’s coming to your house to see things for himself. You can’t predict what he will do after that.

Don't trust that kind of a person,it's good u have forgiven him..God really loves you if not what would have happened to you ok the streets ..don't let him into your house cos u don't know what he has in mind towards you
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by gentlemate00: 4:45pm On May 19, 2020
Let him see what you want him to see or know when he visit you but broda the guy is never your friend.

slyfox35:

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Goodman247: 4:48pm On May 19, 2020
If this story is really true, forgive him but don't allow him to go near your house
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by milliondollas(m): 5:01pm On May 19, 2020
only those from the east does thi
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by SweetCunt97(f): 5:13pm On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

Don't allow the fake friend into your home pls. Simple cast him afar. You heard d story about a friend killing his friend for ritual ryt? Be careful
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Lordkross(m): 5:30pm On May 19, 2020
For me, I'll forgive but there's no way I will let him stay at my place.

But bro wait oh! You made 2milli in 6 months in that country and you had the mind to return to Nigeria You voltage dey low walahi.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Orpe7(m): 6:22pm On May 19, 2020
alfredilly:

Your friends case is different from the story on this threat o. That guy might not have the intention of harming you. That his parents told him his friend the one holding back his destiny, and yet he came to tell you show how open minded he was. I told think he has harmed you in any way.

I dont believe he wanted to tell me as he had already spoken before he knew he had fvckedup when I asked him again he said nothing.
Besides why would he be offened when I said no. I dont own him to have him.stay na
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by papermill: 6:26pm On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:

The worst mistake you will make is to let him into your house. Once you let him in, you will fall from Grace to grass but you will still rise again at last but I don’t wish you experience part 2.God is forgiven God yet he drove Lucifer away Without forgiving him but rather he changed his name and form. Imagine if you had fallen into a bad hand whilst on the street? Would your friend care? Or even check up on you. Success attracts fake people that eventually wishing to bring you down. Your story was similar to mine but Mine was my cousin and guess what he poisoned me. I almost died but I lived cause my heart was clean, whilst in the hospital my cousin sold all my properties.. lol .. he thought I was going to die. I survived it but moved on.. now I am a in high place whilst he is still roaming the streets saying I took his destiny.. be wise and don’t let an evil man come close because they will never change from their evil ways.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by BUXOMEBONY(f): 6:50pm On May 19, 2020
slyfox35:
Do not allow him. You can hrlp from a,distance if You can. Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by seanwilliam(m): 7:22pm On May 19, 2020
cococandy:
Please don’t let him stay in your house.
You have forgiven him but be wise.

He’s clearly jealous. He’s coming to your house to see things for himself. You can’t predict what he will do after that.
wish I could give you a billion likes
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Tillatalk: 8:42pm On May 19, 2020
Which African country is that I will like to visit there .you were able to raise 2 millions in six months as a stranger, this is wonderful
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Adakintroy2: 8:52pm On May 19, 2020
Being too nice and agreeable is not always the best. He woke you up to reality now it's time you wake him.

Let him know he is not yet a human being And times is running out. Do it as a friend with great dignity and respect.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Adakintroy2: 8:56pm On May 19, 2020
Being too nice and agreeable is not always the best. He woke you up to reality now it's time you wake him.

Let him know he is not yet a human being And times is running out. Do it as a friend with great dignity and respect.

He has made himself not your equal but beneath on a permanent base. He is good time buddy.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by homesteady(m): 9:03pm On May 19, 2020
It is not bad to totally cut somebody off oh.

Don't let him use "guy man" and crawl back into your life. Tell him straight up, I no wan associate with you again. If he says "na women dey keep quarrel", start twerking and cat walking for him. Tell him you are now a woman.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by greatestofall: 1:29am On May 20, 2020
Please, please and please again DO NOT LET HIM STAY IN YOUR HOUSE!!!
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by tammie24: 2:29am On May 20, 2020
slyfox35:

you don't need to remind him

Just give him an excuse

Tell am say madam dey stubborn
She nor go gree
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Mira4Ashawo(f): 3:18am On May 20, 2020
[s]
Mizwisdom:
Where's the picture of the 2 million in your Akant? grin if you made that amount why did you return? una sabi lie grin
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

'29 Years Together, My Mum Is Still Looking At My Dad Like This' - Nigerian Lady / What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? / Connect With Someone Born On The Same Month & Day You Were Born!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.