Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,837 members, 7,831,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country (60343 Views)

Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man / My Experience As A Married Woman Being Best Friends With A Married Man / He Abandoned Me With Pregnancy.Please Where Can I Report Him For Child Support? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by kizyalex10(m): 8:49pm On May 18, 2020
Lavisha:
your friend must be an igbo
you are a tribal bigot.so all u could get from all the write up is this shit u wrote here...u re a big disgrace

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by slyfox35(m): 8:50pm On May 18, 2020
Xtabellah:

Nah you don't have to, bye gone is bye gone, u can allow him come over but for 24 hrs max, m sure he is shocked that u made it and he is coming to confirm it, friends like that could do irrational things outta jealousy.. Still be on hi hi terms with him, if he asks something n its within ur power, you could assist, am sure if he didn't make you go tru all this, maybe u would still be eating from his table, so consider his actions as a push to ur success.. Remember life is too short to be creating enemies.. Be cool with him even if u guys can't be close. And watch what you say around him.... Take care
Thanks for this

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Scetrocom: 8:50pm On May 18, 2020
cococandy:
Please don’t let him stay in your house.
You have forgiven him but be wise.

He’s clearly jealous. He’s coming to your house to see things for himself. You can’t predict what he will do after that.

Nice one. He may be up to something out of jealous.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by franklinnwaGOD(m): 8:51pm On May 18, 2020
don't be stupid bro.he might have an evil intention of coming.cut that kind of friend of ur life and move on.u must b d most stupid person on earth to accommodate him.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Seno2yelu(m): 8:51pm On May 18, 2020
Come to think of it, would he have taken you back in if he drove past you and you were still on the street?
His action was what made you meet with your helper, no lies about that, yeah a channel to your blessing like Joseph's brother were to him.
A good thing you have Forgiven him, it's definitely difficult to forget, but try to. Taking him is a decision you have to be careful about and ask for wisdom on how to go about it.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Kokoebapluse(m): 8:51pm On May 18, 2020
Anything that is not helping you in life is not worth to be in your life.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by TGMISKY(m): 8:51pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:
Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

We grew up as teens together, matured as adults together, he came to our house always and ate all his meals with us. My mom was really nice to him when she was alive. He wore my clothes and never returned them. I did not ask because my parents always provided for me although they were average citizens.

Then the worst thing in my life happened. I lost both my parents within the space of four years.
Things turned downhill for me (orphans do suffer a lot.. Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless).

My friend travelled to an African country. He kept telling me to come over there to work that things are better there. I kept declining but after a year of constant pressure, I decided to man up, packed my bags and travelled to meet him.

Guess what? I did not stay up to 5 days with him!!!

His attitude changed by the second day, he yells at me at every given opportunity, from his best friend, I turned to his boy, the heat he was given me was so bad that when he leaves the house and he comes back, I get scared just by hearing his footsteps. I virtually turned to a nonentity to him. I had no money on me because the little I had left, he collected it when I arrived. I knew no one, I felt so miserable and alone and I started regretting why I left Nigeria.

On the fifth day ,I woke up early in the morning and shook him up. I don’t know what got into me (but I am glad it did), I told him I can’t stay with him anymore and I want to leave. He did not even feel bad about this, he did not think of the fact that I know nothing and nowhere in this country. He let me go.

I packed my bag amid tears and went into the street. Mind you, I had no one to call back in Nigeria... It was tough on me but as a naija guy and as God will have it, I did not spend even a night on the streets. I was shocked that a total stranger took me in, clothed and fed me. He taught me everything he knows. I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here.

This so called best friend of mine saw my posts and pictures on Facebook and video called me to check on me (I guess his eyes did not believe what he was seeing) he asked me if I am in a hotel, I said no, I am in my apartment. He was shocked (me I nor keep any grudge against you) he told me he was coming to Nigeria and that I should please forgive him and forget everything that happened. I told him I can forgive but can’t forget.

What surprised me most are this exact words he said “my guy, if I come, na your house I go relax first abeg”

Now my fellow Nairalanders, I am asking, how should I go about this?

I have forgiven him but should I allow him into my home?
Forgive him wholeheartedly but don't let him into your home. If you have the cash, pay for him to lodge somewhere far from your home.
Ask yourself why he's decided to come back to Nigeria or is the foriegn land no more good to him?
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by kizyalex10(m): 8:52pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:
Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

We grew up as teens together, matured as adults together, he came to our house always and ate all his meals with us. My mom was really nice to him when she was alive. He wore my clothes and never returned them. I did not ask because my parents always provided for me although they were average citizens.

Then the worst thing in my life happened. I lost both my parents within the space of four years.
Things turned downhill for me (orphans do suffer a lot.. Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless).

My friend travelled to an African country. He kept telling me to come over there to work that things are better there. I kept declining but after a year of constant pressure, I decided to man up, packed my bags and travelled to meet him.

His attitude changed by the second day, he yells at me at every given opportunity, from his best friend, I turned to his boy, the heat he was given me was so bad that when he leaves the house and he comes back, I get scared just by hearing his footsteps. I virtually turned to a nonentity to him. I had no money on me because the little I had left, he collected it when I arrived. I knew no one, I felt so miserable and alone and I started regretting why I left Nigeria.

On the fifth day ,I woke up early in the morning and shook him up. I don’t know what got into me (but I am glad it did), I told him I can’t stay with him anymore and I want to leave. He did not even feel bad about this, he did not think of the fact that I know nothing and nowhere in this country. He let me go.

I packed my bag amid tears and went into the street. Mind you, I had no one to call back in Nigeria... It was tough on me but as a naija guy and as God will have it, I did not spend even a night on the streets. I was shocked that a total stranger took me in, clothed and fed me. He taught me everything he knows. I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here.

This so called best friend of mine saw my posts and pictures on Facebook and video called me to check on me (I guess his eyes did not believe what he was seeing) he asked me if I am in a hotel, I said no, I am in my apartment. He was shocked (me I nor keep any grudge against you) he told me he was coming to Nigeria and that I should please forgive him and forget everything that happened. I told him I can forgive but can’t forget.

What surprised me most are this exact words he said “my guy, if I come, na your house I go relax first abeg”

u should forgive him but nt forget and also watch ur back because he is a friend that only wants to benefit from u and he might be deadly if he sees an opportunity through u nd sees u as a hindrance.he can visit but nt stay
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by sisisioge: 8:52pm On May 18, 2020
Avoidance strata!
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by armyofone(m): 8:53pm On May 18, 2020
Never give him your address. You can send him little help financially from the farthest distance available but NEVER open your doors for him.
Move on from such friends.

slyfox35:

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Lagyaovye33: 8:53pm On May 18, 2020
Do good u see.dont allow him in he is a dangerous guy.be warned
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by slyfox35(m): 8:53pm On May 18, 2020
Volkswagen90:
call him, guy don't come o am not around simple, see people like me i can tolerate betray from opposite sex but from a guy,no no I can't,if not for ur stranger helper u could have dead on the street of that country (where u know no one), i carry ur matter for head like Gala,e dey pain me.
Lol,I Dey feel you brother
Thanks for feeling my pain bro,you be real niga ,then you know wetin I pass through,how guyman go looseguard guy man

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by idrisreal002(m): 8:53pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

OP if you love yourself don't let him come back into your life. He wants to destroy you.
Someone who persuaded you to come to a foreign land and started misbehaving the next day you arrived there. He means nothing good for you.
See probably his dreams are to see you beg from him.
OP if you love yourself, avoid him at all cost.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by abbeynism(m): 8:54pm On May 18, 2020
Bro, please learn to stay no when it is necessary like this situation.
Please do not allow him to stay but he can come to visit and leave same day.

He does not worth it.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by bluefilm: 8:55pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Lol...Funny Nigga,you na business man o,you just run straight to the money matter.

I dey tell you!

No time!!!
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Gbengarzola555(m): 8:55pm On May 18, 2020
speechless
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by NybenSBF101(m): 8:56pm On May 18, 2020
Lavisha:
your friend must be an igbo

Only jobless people engage in tribal war online, at the top of the food chain there is no discrimination. Find something to do, this Aboki-Nyamiri-Ofemmnu banter is becoming boring.

Go and make money my dear
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by deardevil(m): 8:56pm On May 18, 2020
At ops I remember this kind of a scenarios that happened between. Friend which they both grow up together..... his friend was working nd living in Dubai and the other friend asked him about the plan of joining him nd working and living at Dubai too and which his friend said yes but along the line on his friend a day arrival he called him saying he have been transfer to Saudi Arabia ( which is a totally lie ) but the other friend just Hve to go ahead with the plan md hoping things turn out good for him at Dubai. ..... bit the truth is we don't really know that friend we think we know. People change
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by persius555(m): 8:56pm On May 18, 2020
He is coming to finish the mission he started
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Austeeenxx: 8:57pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Lol,I Dey feel you brother
Thanks for feeling my pain bro,you be real niga ,then you know wetin I pass through,how guyman go looseguard guy man

Guy, I beg you in the name of whichever god you believe in, don't let that two-faced mofo come anywhere near your house.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by ehinmowo: 8:57pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Thanks for this,my thoughts exactly, but I do not know how to tell him to back off,should I remind of him of what he did?

I will say two things to you.
.1. Never allow that nigga in your house or close to you. Avoid seeing him when he comes to Naija. You are not his enemy but not everybody deserves to be part of your life.

2. The motto of Government College Ikorodu is "Amatus quoque ameris"---having been loved, you too should love. There will be a day that someone will genuinely require your help. His/her survival might depends on it. Don't turn away.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by PROPHETmichael: 8:59pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

I'm speaking as a prophet to you, dont let him come close to you talkless of sleeping at yours..e get why. I pray for you that May we not read your obituary on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by viewflux(m): 8:59pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Let me not border you with my story of this so called best friend bull shit, yours was just clothing and feeding but my was beyond that but few months after he got to his feet(got a job) through my encouragement and support he changed. there is a saying that you know a real man when you give him power and money, then you can tell if he is humble or not.
I have forgiven him and we even exchange pleasantries whenever we see each other anywhere but the York of friendship and Trust has been broken. if you know what is best for you and your future, you better tell him now that he has not entered Nigeria that you don't have anything against him but you can not allow him staying in your house, not even to drink together as friends. Is it when he poisons your drink or food that you will learn lesson in your graveyard. learn to watch National Geography or animal world. the AMAZON FOREST IS FOR THE TOUGH AND STRONGER ANIMALS AND NOT FOR WEAK ONES. turn your weakness into strength or else you die.

3 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by aameyah(f): 8:59pm On May 18, 2020
You know you are an orphan. You are supposed to hide your self because you no longer have covering cloth (parents). You should have cut off from that guy but I’m surprised you didn’t. This blind trust of yours finna get you killed.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Melv4(m): 9:00pm On May 18, 2020
Bro the signs are there, the guy is not a friend but an opportunist , he was close to you when you were clothing and feeding him but when the table turned he was not patient with you, my point is you have seen the signs and you need to tread with caution if he comes around ,once bitten twice shy.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by caprini1: 9:01pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Thanks for this,my thoughts exactly, but I do not know how to tell him to back off,should I remind of him of what he did?
Naaa......remind what? Just keep posting him till he gets tired.Diplomacy is a polite way of telling someone to go fvck himself and he will be glad about it grin He aint your friend anything.The food and clothes he got when you guys were little was his best friend ,not you.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by sakssey23: 9:02pm On May 18, 2020
Stillthebest:
kiss

Lol, Forgive him. Isnt that enough!

Dont take him in. Never should you act like a dundee United again. A bad fellow is a bad fellow. Dont do anything for God as per his case. At least not in terms of being close to him. God doesn't show endorsements to every kindness.

He can't be of any help to you. Even if he is going to, he will first take you for a ride for it, then later tell it to people how he has helped you.

Maintain a "close circuit" with worthy people. If I tell you about what friends have done to me. How two ran away with my millions at different times Just because I trust them.

Treat people exactly the way they treat you Pls.

As to your question: yes there are good friends. I have one. He is fantastic. He is great. He might even love me more than I do him.

But still I try to be careful.

So question for you?

Would you treat family the same way they treat you?

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by kaykad: 9:05pm On May 18, 2020
Stay off Facebook abeg, people keep reminding their village people that they have arrived haba, now he is coming got finish what he started. that your friend no get shame most people will be ashamed of what they did, i guess he still have plans for you. continue
slyfox35:

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 18, 2020
Nooo....don't forgive him .....once a traitor..is always a traitor

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by pearlgal: 9:05pm On May 18, 2020
It's good you have forgiven him but I suggest you do not let him stay in your house, someone like that is evil, look for an excuse to avoid him coming to your house
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Misscongenialit: 9:07pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Dear Op, that guy was never a friend, he stayed long with you n your family cos of wat he was getting at the same time was envious of u. Wch is why as soon as he felt he got small money than u he wanted to feel like u and u like him wen he was coming to ur place.

Having said that ,it is good to forgive but the scars shld remind u of wat happened,that guy is still envious of u as he was wen ur parents were alive, if u like urself keep him far from your place. Tell hik u re going out of town ,dnt even give him money, tell him u ll call him later.meet him at an eatery ,open place too, pay for his food and drinks, if he cant afford accomodation take him to a hotel n pay the bills ursef, no give him money or let him know ur house, the heart of man is desperately wicked. That guy fit kee u inside ur house oh i don talk my own

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

A Woman From Uganda Who Gave Birth To 44 Children Reveals What Her Life Is Like / Difference Between Arranged Marriage And Love Marriage ( See Photo) / How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.