Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,841 members, 7,831,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country (60344 Views)

Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man / My Experience As A Married Woman Being Best Friends With A Married Man / He Abandoned Me With Pregnancy.Please Where Can I Report Him For Child Support? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by HarunaWest(m): 8:21pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:
Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

We grew up as teens together, matured as adults together, he came to our house always and ate all his meals with us. My mom was really nice to him when she was alive. He wore my clothes and never returned them. I did not ask because my parents always provided for me although they were average citizens.

Then the worst thing in my life happened. I lost both my parents within the space of four years.
Things turned downhill for me (orphans do suffer a lot.. Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless).

My friend travelled to an African country. He kept telling me to come over there to work that things are better there. I kept declining but after a year of constant pressure, I decided to man up, packed my bags and travelled to meet him.

Guess what? I did not stay up to 5 days with him!!!

His attitude changed by the second day, he yells at me at every given opportunity, from his best friend, I turned to his boy, the heat he was given me was so bad that when he leaves the house and he comes back, I get scared just by hearing his footsteps. I virtually turned to a nonentity to him. I had no money on me because the little I had left, he collected it when I arrived. I knew no one, I felt so miserable and alone and I started regretting why I left Nigeria.

On the fifth day ,I woke up early in the morning and shook him up. I don’t know what got into me (but I am glad it did), I told him I can’t stay with him anymore and I want to leave. He did not even feel bad about this, he did not think of the fact that I know nothing and nowhere in this country. He let me go.

I packed my bag amid tears and went into the street. Mind you, I had no one to call back in Nigeria... It was tough on me but as a naija guy and as God will have it, I did not spend even a night on the streets. I was shocked that a total stranger took me in, clothed and fed me. He taught me everything he knows. I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here.

This so called best friend of mine saw my posts and pictures on Facebook and video called me to check on me (I guess his eyes did not believe what he was seeing) he asked me if I am in a hotel, I said no, I am in my apartment. He was shocked (me I nor keep any grudge against you) he told me he was coming to Nigeria and that I should please forgive him and forget everything that happened. I told him I can forgive but can’t forget.

What surprised me most are this exact words he said “my guy, if I come, na your house I go relax first abeg”

Now my fellow Nairalanders, I am asking, how should I go about this?

I have forgiven him but should I allow him into my home?
If you have brothers or sister, tell em to come stay with gou..Your friend mustn't sleep in that house. He probably has a sinister agenda
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by saxoholic1(m): 8:21pm On May 18, 2020
That guy will set u up soon....just keep him far from your means of income and don't ever show him your business knowledge..... U will land crash with fatality if u ever survive it...don't say I didn't warn u

2 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Abasilim: 8:21pm On May 18, 2020
Bro personally I hold these kind of grudges very personal, forget all that forgive and forget stuff. If it were me, I'll welcome him to come over, when he comes, if he see food or money chop, call me bastard, if him do like 3 days without food, nobody go tell am make him go street. Nonsense and Covid

3 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by dxplora: 8:21pm On May 18, 2020
Such is life
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by dicksonadams(m): 8:21pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

See you wey get name “Octopussy”
Must I specify everything in my writeup?
You understand abi you nor understand
ignore am jare

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by wole212(m): 8:21pm On May 18, 2020
I've accommodated people who wouldn't accommodate me out of free will. I make them feel at home whenever they come around, but when I go to theirs, they make me feel like a stranger. Only God sees a man's heart, Op you've gotta be careful, don't act like you don't know what's up, I mean for someone who left you out in the cold in a strange land meant no good for you but only wished you death. Do not help at your own detriment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by fineboynl(m): 8:22pm On May 18, 2020
I'm amazed you are still communicating with him. block him and do not chat him again. I have a friend like that. it's gone for good.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by slyfox35(m): 8:22pm On May 18, 2020
Xone3:

Very Easy. Bros, no vex o. No be only me they stay and I no go like inconvenience the other person. I fit run hotel bills for 3 days for you sha as you be my person. Also, stop flaunting your wealth on social media.
Thanks for the tip,and I never flaunted my wealth,I guess when you are living better than before,your photos tend to upgrade,more flesh on you,better clothes nice background,all these because you’ve upgraded,I never showed a car or a big building or wads of cash,just normal photos,the way I uploaded when I had nothing

3 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by chiefozil: 8:22pm On May 18, 2020
Avoid toxic people�

2 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Jess29: 8:23pm On May 18, 2020
Lavisha:
your friend must be an igbo
Igbos don't do that especially in a forest land
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by samzepaparazi: 8:23pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:
Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

We grew up as teens together, matured as adults together, he came to our house always and ate all his meals with us. My mom was really nice to him when she was alive. He wore my clothes and never returned them. I did not ask because my parents always provided for me although they were average citizens.

Then the worst thing in my life happened. I lost both my parents within the space of four years.
Things turned downhill for me (orphans do suffer a lot.. Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless).

My friend travelled to an African country. He kept telling me to come over there to work that things are better there. I kept declining but after a year of constant pressure, I decided to man up, packed my bags and travelled to meet him.

His attitude changed by the second day, he yells at me at every given opportunity, from his best friend, I turned to his boy, the heat he was given me was so bad that when he leaves the house and he comes back, I get scared just by hearing his footsteps. I virtually turned to a nonentity to him. I had no money on me because the little I had left, he collected it when I arrived. I knew no one, I felt so miserable and alone and I started regretting why I left Nigeria.

On the fifth day ,I woke up early in the morning and shook him up. I don’t know what got into me (but I am glad it did), I told him I can’t stay with him anymore and I want to leave. He did not even feel bad about this, he did not think of the fact that I know nothing and nowhere in this country. He let me go.

I packed my bag amid tears and went into the street. Mind you, I had no one to call back in Nigeria... It was tough on me but as a naija guy and as God will have it, I did not spend even a night on the streets. I was shocked that a total stranger took me in, clothed and fed me. He taught me everything he knows. I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here.

This so called best friend of mine saw my posts and pictures on Facebook and video called me to check on me (I guess his eyes did not believe what he was seeing) he asked me if I am in a hotel, I said no, I am in my apartment. He was shocked (me I nor keep any grudge against you) he told me he was coming to Nigeria and that I should please forgive him and forget everything that happened. I told him I can forgive but can’t forget.

What surprised me most are this exact words he said “my guy, if I come, na your house I go relax first abeg”

I think you should find a good excuse for him not to stay.

Tell him you woman is around or you live with someone.

The two. These kind of people are best kept as beer parlour friends. That is to say, you guys can merry together outside, meet and have good laughs together outside but should never be more than that.

They will wreck you.
They always want to borrow money with the intention of never paying back.
They always want to bring you back to their level.
Trust me UNRELIABLE friends will destroy you both financially and emotionally.

I've had similar friends in the past.
You do everything for them, but they always have an excuse why they couldn't do something for you and most times are always little things.

A simple example. Hi Mr x please on your way home, can you branch at Bleep place to help pick up something for me.

He will say ok. You call moments later. He will give an excuse. Meanwhile you could have made other plans if you knew he won't do it. He has slowed you down.

If they can't do little things for you, they will never do big.

Two important words. Reliability and Credibility should never be taken for granted.

3 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Uckroot: 8:23pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

If you let that guy into your home you’re a capital fool.
The way people treat you when you’re at your lowest should tell you everything you need to know.
He still wants to use you to pose. Don’t pick his calls and tell anybody who knows you mutually to not divulge any of your info!!
Wish him the best but you DONT NEED HIM AROUND YOU OR ANYWHERE NEAR.

We only get one chance at such things...

4 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 18, 2020
NEVER ALLOW HIM STAY. DO AWAY WITH FRENEMIES. YOU DESERVE BETTER.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Offpoint: 8:24pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

He's coming to kill you and take whatever you have left...

Be wise and be warn, don't do the mistake of letting him know where you live.

3 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by MisterChairman(m): 8:24pm On May 18, 2020
Don't you dare allow him to stay with you .. Yes forgive him but stay away from him .... He's a negative vibe
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Origin(f): 8:24pm On May 18, 2020
There is something in all human beings jare.

We can take care of the wealthy even when they don't need it, than we can take care of the poor even when they need it more.

It is the same reason an orphan will be misused as a maid. But come and see people begging a rich man's pikin to manage their best meal.

I'm also sure that friend has done some good things too. The mind is just myopic and forgetful.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Calenikan(m): 8:24pm On May 18, 2020
This is the evidence that your parent were good in their lifetime. Be good but be wise. Proverb 27:6 Friends mean well, even when they hurt you. But when an enemy puts his arm around your shoulder - watch out!
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by nanauju(f): 8:24pm On May 18, 2020
Lavisha:
your friend must be an igbo

Have romance ladies joined in this NL tribal nonsense?
Go to politics section if you're looking for where to vent ur hatred

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:24pm On May 18, 2020
You have forgiven him, but don't allow him stay in your house. Just ignore his calls

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 18, 2020
luwiizy:
be calm, let your heart rule.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Ifejoy: 8:25pm On May 18, 2020
Is good that you have forgiven him..but don't sleep same room with him instead pay for a hotel for him if u have the cash... Don't say I didn't tell you. Be safe .
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by MrJavaS: 8:25pm On May 18, 2020
Never put too much trust in friends...learn how to use enemies....OP you are too soft.

Read the 48 laws of power and thank me later

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by goldensoul55: 8:26pm On May 18, 2020
No friend in a foreign country . Get it
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Uckroot: 8:26pm On May 18, 2020
Hezmatosky:
All I see here is laziness. Imagine you went there without any intention and became obsolete. At the end you made 2m naira and came back to naija, rented a good apartment probably in Lagos with almost a million naira, not even establishing a business. In a nutshell, you can imagine what your friend was going through, when you decided not to go back. If I were you ehn, I will stay there, make more money, infcat, make big money and help your frnd

Bro. Go sleep. Blaze no good
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Ademoore07(m): 8:27pm On May 18, 2020
He is not a friend. He is coming back to plot your downfall. Be very careful.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 18, 2020
Octopusssy:
Foreign country wey no get name

I hope you are not believing all these fabricated stories.

They tend to seem real but never real.

It's nairaland entertainment.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by idonhammer: 8:28pm On May 18, 2020
Now hear this, if you ever allow that modafoka of a friend to even come close to you not to talk of coming to stay in your house God will not be happy with you. Gosh! I hate such ppl. Dude is just taking advantage of your kindness.

slyfox35:

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Olisehinnocent: 8:28pm On May 18, 2020
Please bro, I take God beg you, don't let him to be close to you. Heart is very tricky, he may even find a way to kill you and take over your property. You can help him but don't allow him near you please.
slyfox35:

Thanks for this,my thoughts exactly, but I do not know how to tell him to back off,should I remind of him of what he did?
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Greystone: 8:28pm On May 18, 2020
cococandy:
Please don’t let him stay in your house.
You have forgiven him but be wise.

He’s clearly jealous. He’s coming to your house to see things for himself. You can’t predict what he will do after that.

This is the best advice I've seen on this thread.

Slyfox35, see ehnnn, you better be careful be4 this ur so called friend comes and poisons u or robs u.

Do Not let him know where u are. He is Not ur friend.

A person who collects the only money u hav from u and throws u out on the street in a foreign country is a kinsman of the devil.

We don't want to come and read fatal news about u pls. Stay away from that guy!

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by iyke4(m): 8:28pm On May 18, 2020
I’m seeing people saying he should forgive him and some are even saying he should allow him stay in his apartment; bro, my advice for you is that for him to behave like that to you in a foreign land, it means the guy never respected or can even see you dead without any remorse. The best thing to do is to severe all ties with him. It’s not only him that is in the world. People think your friend might blow up, even if your friend blows up tomorrow or make it, you ain’t going to feel it or benefit from it from what he has shown u already.

2 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 18, 2020
Funny you're considering such toxic frenemy around you.

You have forgiven him. Move on with your life na. Ahan is it too hard?

This guy is coming back to ruin you. Go write it somewhere.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 18, 2020
U should allow him stay, life is not hard, u don't av to pay evil for evil, treat him well, u guys can even Hangout, but be very careful

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

A Woman From Uganda Who Gave Birth To 44 Children Reveals What Her Life Is Like / Difference Between Arranged Marriage And Love Marriage ( See Photo) / How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.