Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) (66685 Views)

What Is This Thing Situated In Almost Every Nigerian City? (Pictured) / See Specie Of Snake Killed At My Backyard (Photos) / The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by saintbillion(m): 10:31pm On May 20, 2020
KingAzubuike:
I just wonder what you're still doing taking pictures with that animal when my humble self would have inserted stick down it's anus and out it's mouth because it's roasting time.
hehe. Wise u. No dullings
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:31pm On May 20, 2020
Looks like a chicken to me
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by saintbillion(m): 10:31pm On May 20, 2020
Sanchez01:
That's a pigeon, more specifically, the Laughing Dove specie.
. Laughing what?
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by saintbillion(m): 10:32pm On May 20, 2020
Obiwunmi33:
unbelievable
true bro
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by cnandy: 10:33pm On May 20, 2020
Udene
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by saintbillion(m): 10:33pm On May 20, 2020
MVLOX:
foreign pigeon
. But it can't fly
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by abijaofficial(m): 10:33pm On May 20, 2020
Cobra
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Gabbriell: 10:34pm On May 20, 2020
Well thank God it is still alive. It looks like a pigeon
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by saintbillion(m): 10:35pm On May 20, 2020
obi4eze:
angry

Pigeon. Realease it to go. You wont get appreciable meat from it.
ok bro. But it can't fly. Funny enough it was set free but still came bck
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by saintbillion(m): 10:36pm On May 20, 2020
ntyce:

O ga ooo You want to eat pigeon....
Eyele
shocked shocked
meat na meat bro
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by saintbillion(m): 10:36pm On May 20, 2020
ntyce:

O ga ooo You want to eat pigeon....
Eyele
shocked shocked
meat na meat bro
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by saintbillion(m): 10:38pm On May 20, 2020
vcente:
That's a gull, it's quite common in Rocky Islands
ok bro. Thanks
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by saintbillion(m): 10:39pm On May 20, 2020
Abbeybailey:
That's definitely a Dove. A sign of Peace, Gentility and Hope.
. Thankz bro
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Bobotic(m): 10:39pm On May 20, 2020
Dove`s brother
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Gabbriell: 10:41pm On May 20, 2020
elenungboro:
This is lekeleke in yoruba. I don't know the English name.

Lekeleke has a longer beak and are quite tall due to their very long legs
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by SciLab: 10:43pm On May 20, 2020
saintbillion:
Lalasticlala meat is here

Pls don't 'kill and eat'. Every creature no be for chop.
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Gabbriell: 10:48pm On May 20, 2020
saintbillion:
ok bro. But it can't fly. Funny enough it was set free but still came bck

Maybe u have mistakenly injured it..guessing from the way u lift the entire bird with it wings.

Always hold birds in such a way that it rest in your hand(s). Not like ur pics below

Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by KosiGee(m): 10:56pm On May 20, 2020
KingAzubuike:
I just wonder what you're still doing taking pictures with that animal when my humble self would have inserted stick down it's anus and out it's mouth because it's roasting time.

I hope you’ll like it too if one day someone catches you, break your arms and then insert a hot rod or wood down your anus and roast you properly?
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by MozB: 11:00pm On May 20, 2020
Just dont eat it shaa
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Naijaarchive(m): 11:03pm On May 20, 2020
dheolexaone:
Aparo

LOL grin grin Àparò na dirty bird o....

1 Like

Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by ibietela2(m): 11:04pm On May 20, 2020
Looks like a different breed of dove
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by ladychioma: 11:05pm On May 20, 2020
This is a white dove
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by ibietela2(m): 11:06pm On May 20, 2020
Nezero:
Looks like dove that is usually released in large number in cages.

The beak looks like odere-koko bird common in Yoruba land.

My best guess is dove

It's not koko... I have attached koko which is known as laughing dove

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Nezero(m): 11:13pm On May 20, 2020
ibietela2:

It's not koko... I have attached koko which is known as laughing dove

Wow, thanks for educating me
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Asiri1991: 11:25pm On May 20, 2020
That's a crow.
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by frijos(m): 11:32pm On May 20, 2020
That's an odere koko (I've never bothered to know it's English name lol). And come to think of it, I don't see much of them these days o.

More so, I've never seen a white one. So that'd a beautiful bird you've got. I've also never seen one this big. Its clearly a dove.

Why is it not flying away, acting just like a pigeon which have gotten accustomed to it's new environment.

The odere I used to know would have taken off the moment you let go of it.

I caught many of them while I was growing up as a kid. There's this trap I used to use, umbrella iron and shoe maker rope. I will be glad to know if anyone can relate to this style of catching the bird and if you can, you should be married with kids by now hehe

Lastly, this is the bird I used to learn how to kill chicken. Hahahahaha
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by akmath: 11:32pm On May 20, 2020
DOVID-20 OR DOVID-TWO ZERO

2 Likes

Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by frijos(m): 11:35pm On May 20, 2020
Asiri1991:
That's a crow.

That's not a crow bro, I know a crow when I see one. Because of a movie I watched titled JEEPEES CREEPERS il(horror film) i used to be very scared of crows as a kid.

Thank you
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by gibsonwales(m): 11:48pm On May 20, 2020
I think the mother of this bird was raped by a local chicken. See the eyes grin
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by leonprince: 12:16am On May 21, 2020
It's a dove but it is not fully matured
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by nasstil: 12:55am On May 21, 2020
It's call Tom Tom
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by kingandre(m): 1:21am On May 21, 2020
Looks like a dove 2 me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Donors To Victims Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire Receive Death Threats / Bayo Bankole 'Boy Alinco' Had Accident In US, His Car Damaged (Photos) / Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.