Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) (66684 Views)

What Is This Thing Situated In Almost Every Nigerian City? (Pictured) / See Specie Of Snake Killed At My Backyard (Photos) / The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by fortran12: 2:35am On May 21, 2020
saintbillion:
Please Nairalanders What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird

Went to a friend's house this morning and saw this pretty little white bird caught by one of his younger brother.

Was dumbfounded when he ask me the name of the bird as I've never seen a pure white bird in my entire life.

Please Landers any idea?
Next time take the picture and upload on Google you will find info you need.
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Gucciboy1(m): 4:03am On May 21, 2020
This is a white “Odere-Koko”.
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by rhames(m): 4:18am On May 21, 2020
saintbillion:

Went to a friend's house this morning and saw this pretty little white bird caught by one of his younger brother.

Was dumbfounded when he ask me the name of the bird as I've never seen a pure white bird in my entire life.

Please Landers any idea?

Its a foreign pigeon.
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by AnanseK(m): 4:19am On May 21, 2020
Iscoalarcon:
looks like a pigeon also known as BARU in Hausa

You mean tantabara or tattabara.
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Iscoalarcon: 4:22am On May 21, 2020
AnanseK:

You mean tantabara or tattabara.
yes tattabara is another name
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by whiteraven: 5:33am On May 21, 2020
vikstandon:
That's a White Raven
hmmm
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by CoronaVirusPro: 6:14am On May 21, 2020
German Shepherd
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by jidxin(m): 6:18am On May 21, 2020
Nezero:
Looks like dove that is usually released in large number in cages.

The beak looks like odere-koko bird common in Yoruba land.

My best guess is dove
lolz thats not dove oo

1 Like

Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by sallysalsa09: 6:23am On May 21, 2020
It's a sea full
A baby sea gull

quote author=saintbillion post=89681127]Please Nairalanders What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird

Please Landers any idea?[/quote]
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by sallysalsa09: 6:25am On May 21, 2020
SeriouslySense:
Maybe gull, its beak is longer and more curved than a dove or pigeon, I correct myself, it is not a gull, since the beak is not having a cup shape at the end, it is most probable a pigeon.

You are right it's a baby sea gull
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Burruchaga71(m): 6:44am On May 21, 2020
Ask Google nah.
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by kunleh1(m): 7:07am On May 21, 2020
Looks like pigeon...
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Nobody: 7:28am On May 21, 2020
mastermaestro:

Keep quiet, European wannabe! That's a sacrificed bird you are seeing there. You think the world starts and ends in its natural state? Have you even traveled abroad? I know your kind.
This whole world is controlled by spiritual forces, and every nation on earth acknowledges the influence of the spiritual.
The world is a deep dark place.
were you there when it was used for sacrifice you herbalist
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Nobody: 7:36am On May 21, 2020
saintbillion:

the little boy is crying cause his mom ask him to set the bird free. she said the bird might have been use as a sacrifice
And his mother is right because he couldn't have caught the bird singlehandedly if the bird is Alright.
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Thaddeus91: 7:51am On May 21, 2020
Domestic Pigeon
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Rvessels(m): 8:02am On May 21, 2020
You guys should allow the young Pigeon go jare. That's a young Pigeon. There are so many pure white pigeons out there.
saintbillion:

Please Landers any idea?
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by saintbillion(m): 8:33am On May 21, 2020
one4christ:
Just a correction. Species doesn't have singular or plural. There is nothing like specie. Thanks
thanks anywhere. But I ask for the name na and not correction.
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by saintbillion(m): 8:34am On May 21, 2020
abidex0z:
that's a white pigeon....they come in different colours.....if it can't fly, definitely it has been used spiritually......you have to free the bird.....
Exactly what the boy's mom said
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by saintbillion(m): 8:35am On May 21, 2020
Neville660:

Please, release it.
have done that bro

1 Like

Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by saintbillion(m): 8:37am On May 21, 2020
Pa3cia:

That's because it has been used already. By the way, it's a pigeon, the Yorubas mostly use it for sacrifice and after which it can hardly fly again, it becomes useless, pls let it go, you don't know the kind of sacrifice they used it for.
Thanks dear exactly what the boy's mom told us

2 Likes

Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by saintbillion(m): 8:38am On May 21, 2020
bizhop01:
It's resemble chicken, i know you already finished eating the bird before you post.
hehehe. No na
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by saintbillion(m): 8:42am On May 21, 2020
X0012:
@ saintbillion

That is a dove. An old dove...
Pls and pls
Set it FREE
OK sir have done that already

1 Like

Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:43am On May 21, 2020
saintbillion:

Please Landers any idea?

That's a seagull bro. Please for the sake of Whoever or whatever you believe in, don't kill it.
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by saintbillion(m): 8:44am On May 21, 2020
DjRicky:

Thats a pigeon..They're owned by people,so d boy should let it go back to d owner..OP plss dont say u're a LANDERS wen u're in River State oooooo

Are u for real?
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by saintbillion(m): 8:53am On May 21, 2020
GrayBeard:

YOU INFANTILE LUNATIC, HOW WILL IT FLY AFTER YOU HAVE BROKEN ITS DELICATE WINGS HANDLING AND STRETCHING THEM SO ROUGHLY?

GET YOUR DIRTY HANDS OFF THAT POOR CREATURE IMMEDIATELY!
You need to be tamed bro
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by blessedvisky(m): 9:34am On May 21, 2020
blowjohn:

The only Baru I know is Alabaru.
Those boys that help to carry load for people in the market
grin grin cheesy.
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by saintbillion(m): 9:39am On May 21, 2020
KosiGee:

I hope you’ll like it too if one day someone catches you, break your arms and then insert a hot rod or wood down your anus and roast you properly?
i no fit laugh. Hahaha. 4ni
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by mastermaestro(m): 9:55am On May 21, 2020
Possiblegee:
were you there when it was used for sacrifice you herbalist

See this primitive pedestrian. Your ignorant state is helpless.
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by winj: 10:28am On May 21, 2020
why does the name matter when it will end up in pepper soup
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by greygoblings(m): 10:34am On May 21, 2020
saintbillion:
It can't fly again. Don't even know why

That bird is still a baby must have glided down from a nearby nest. Doves of that species are domestic, it must belong to someone nearby... Doves like that don't live in the wild but near people.
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Malawian(m): 10:45am On May 21, 2020
Odere Ikoko
A bird of peace, moves gently,
Odere Ikoko,
Makes it look gently and peace loving,
Odere Ikoko

grin grin grin

Chai, the 80s was a bit of fun biko.
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Coden(m): 11:02am On May 21, 2020
Pigeon look at the legs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Donors To Victims Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire Receive Death Threats / Bayo Bankole 'Boy Alinco' Had Accident In US, His Car Damaged (Photos) / Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.