Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) (100466 Views)

Femi Osibona & Italian Architects At The Top Of Collapsed 21-Storey Building / Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi / Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Misscongenialit: 8:20am On May 19, 2020
Hunchogee:

https://akwaibomstate.gov.ng/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/21-Storey-Smart-Building-in-Uyo.jpeg

Akwa Ibom should be competing favourably with rivers and lagos state, in the sense that they have all it takes to be a business hub. With more of such buildings some oil giants should be proud to move their complexes to the state, next follows the banks and other financial institutions. Dont forget this state is the hub of fintech, wch is the future . This state does not have to be the wall street of network but can be our own texas with just enough to boost the overall economy.

5 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Tolani045(m): 8:20am On May 19, 2020
mordred44:
hope d foundation is solid
haha why we you think like that, what type of hope is that?�
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by spiralwedge(m): 8:21am On May 19, 2020
Smh

About 50 years after Ibadan's Cocoa House was built, oil-rich AKS (South-South in general) is celebrating their first high-rise building. Nigeria really dragged SW back.

Make I comment my reserve.

7 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by fergie001: 8:21am On May 19, 2020
Kingrefreshed:

Everyone pause a second.

Just imagine we have 20 buildings like this in one street,Left and right.

Imagine it all the state Capitals in Nigeria.

What is Las vegas??

Oh i remember Nepa! grin
You no well grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:21am On May 19, 2020
Hunchogee:

Nope dear, first in Nigeria google it ( first smart building in 9ja)

In the whole of Nigeria? Sure about this?
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by StubbornGENIUS: 8:22am On May 19, 2020
AdaoraNK:

Yes at the Central Business District (CBD), have be there twice
You must enjoy travelling a lot.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Tomjazzy2: 8:22am On May 19, 2020
This isn't the tallest in SS. There's also a 21 storey building in Rivers State -- the Secretariat
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Agugbadin: 8:23am On May 19, 2020
Even with all of this Akwaibomites will still not relocate to the state, they are all over PHC, I hope that these developments will make them go back home and contribute to the development of our dear state. Akwaibomites are very enterprising with very high technical ability.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Vivianagoja(m): 8:24am On May 19, 2020
longetivity:
their governor is really working
Not government project... it's Mobil
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Kingrefreshed: 8:25am On May 19, 2020
fergie001:

You dey crase grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The thought of Nepa refusing to supply light to those 20 buildings like this at night just struck me.

It will be a terrifying sight and feeling walking through 20 towers like this without light on one street.
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by funshint(m): 8:26am On May 19, 2020
Beautiful!

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by blackbriar: 8:26am On May 19, 2020
Hunchogee:

Nope dear, first in Nigeria google it ( first smart building in 9ja)

"The Tower which has added aesthetics to the landscape of Akwa Ibom will run with 24 hours power supply and contains all necessary facilities and equipment of a smart building including: 4 elevators, 2 emergency exit, fire protection sensors and aviation wing"

this is not smart building...these are essential requirements in high rise buildings based on building standards.

Smart building is the classification of all your building elements,and products into a model so that you can control whatever parameter you want from costing to green emission issues or even IOT

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by sulaak(m): 8:26am On May 19, 2020
longetivity:

Do they have universal health care and education?

What is the status of their electricity, logistics, distribution and seaports that will attract investment?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by back2sender: 8:29am On May 19, 2020
longetivity:

What is working here. It's only to insult Sai Baba una Sabi.

Can you imagine what this money used to build this building will do to state health infrastructures alone not to mention other areas begging for attention?

Is this building the problem Ukwa Ibomites are facing? It's a misplaced priority and waste of funds.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by AdaoraNK(f): 8:29am On May 19, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
You must enjoy travelling a lot.

80% business. Sure love traveling. It will keep you abrest of what Nigeria and Nigerians look like both human and infrastructure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 8:30am On May 19, 2020
uvie66:
Na maintenance remain...

Politics and maintenance. How well has Udom managed the 5 point Sheraton and the international hospital he inherited? The same way he treated Akpabio's projects might be what happens to his own when power changes hands. I prefer private investors building industries and highrises not government.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Drizzy5001(m): 8:30am On May 19, 2020
This kind building full onitsha na undecided

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Hunchogee: 8:30am On May 19, 2020
mamaafrik:
The is impressive........
Lol
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by layzie: 8:31am On May 19, 2020
I hope there was already a market for this building before the project. From the post, only two companies showed intent to take up space.
Let's not see unoccupied or abandoned office spaces in this building please. It looks too fine to be unoccupied
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Hunchogee: 8:32am On May 19, 2020
mamaafrik:
The is impressive........like dem akwa babes
You too like kelewa
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by mcgaius: 8:33am On May 19, 2020
From the picture,It's not possible for the building to be 108 meters high because no floor is more than 3 meters or even 4 meters.If you calculate the 21 floors with the down stairs,It's 88 meters.As we can see the building does not have high roof structure.
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by EdiskyHarry: 8:33am On May 19, 2020
Akwa ibom no dey carry last, one of the best states in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by fergie001: 8:34am On May 19, 2020
Kingrefreshed:

The thought of Nepa refusing to supply light to those 20 buildings like this at night just struck me.

It will be a terrifying sight and feeling walking through 20 towers like this without light on one street.
....and worse still if they want to run on Generators, serious extra cost.
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by ruggedtimi(m): 8:34am On May 19, 2020
Is it taller compared to the local content headquarters building in bayelsa
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Jdbrasco2: 8:35am On May 19, 2020
Nice one, successive AKS Governors dey try on infrastructure. So far so good.
Her neighbour Abia state has been unlucky that regard.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by fergie001: 8:35am On May 19, 2020
Hunchogee:

You too like kelewa
Forget...Una babes dey make too much sense, abeg!

Good one....you guys have been lucky with Governors....the worst of them is better than some State Govs.

Kudos to my neighbours.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Hunchogee: 8:36am On May 19, 2020
Babatunde40:
Akwa Ibom ayaya

Abi no be so dem they talk am? Correct me if I'm wrong
Naso

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by degamonn: 8:37am On May 19, 2020
Congratulations in advance to the government and people of Akwa Ibom state.
I actually took my time to read the whole piece with the hope to see a statement like " ... Upon completion, the property will be managed by XYZ which is global leader in property management like so and so building in VI, New York, Thailand and Dubai ”. I was however disappointed not to see any similar statement. This implies that the state government will manage it herself. My concern is maintenance and sustainability!

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:38am On May 19, 2020
campbelljosh:
Yes. I saw something like this around ikoyi, Lagos. Not far from cowries port
Correct
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by wamide042(m): 8:38am On May 19, 2020
It reminds me of that movie ‘Skyscraper’ by Dwane johnson..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Inside N1,080,000,000 Banana Island Lagos Mansion (Video, Photos) / Construction Process Of A Wing Duplex+flat At Ajah / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.