Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General (55443 Views)

Ethiopia Says Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus Has Links To Rebellious Tigrayan Forces / Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo / Full Text: Trump’s Letter Canceling North Korea Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by Nobody: 9:53am On May 19, 2020
VFBank:
we booking space

America and her citizens first.

you can actually grow your savings just by banking with us, all you need is to download the Vbank app on your Google play store or Appstore. sign up with referral code ISUBQ, get your account in less than 5 minutes, fund your account and watch it grow with a least interest of 8% per month and as high as 14% in 6months. you can actually get rewarded handsomely also by referring friends and family.

Vbank seamless and easy. Ask, let me tell you more.
if I put my money for the Vbank, o na nor go shutdown and run latter?
Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by alezzy13: 9:54am On May 19, 2020
[quote author=JustforMen post=89713054][/quote]

IF you look at my previous statement, you'll see where I said WHO made errors as well, but not in any way compared to that of Trump.

You guys overestimate the abilities of WHO. I'm sure you really think they can barge into any country or threaten its leaders to provide certain info. It doesnt work that way Oga.

When Trump was busy cutting funds for public health, he didnt know it would come to this.

The letter itself is filled with falsehoods.

For instance, Trump claims China "pressured WHO not to declare it pandemic". This of course is hogwash. There are criteria to be met before such declaration can be made. This is the statement by the DG on JAn 23rd: . "Make no mistake. This is an emergency in China, but it has not yet become a global health emergency. It may yet become one."

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by Nobody: 9:55am On May 19, 2020
DenreleDave:

Ain't insane but I think u r insane for reading such long letter over again gringringrin
ta, bad girl. U just made me waste my precious time. If I catch you, you owe me kiss.
Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by nedekid: 9:55am On May 19, 2020
Firstnebo:

I sure well know you are not good at international affairs, but incompetence and Donald Trump does not belong in the same sentence.

You hear incompetence because he has had massive, raging opposition from the media, and that's what you are spoon fed.

1) He is no incompetence when he vigorously remade American military after so much neglect by Obama

2) He is not incompetent when he stopped Washington's war on American energy (while overlooking China's massive climate pollution)

3) He is not incompetent when after decades of failed promises from past presidents, he became the only one to move American embassy to Jerusalem

4) He is not incompetent to create a new feature of American military, the Space Force

5) He is not incompetent when he took it upon himself to begin a program that seeks to release thousands of black people in prison for no good reason or for good reasons but for too long behind bars (helping him is Kim Kardashian)

6) He is not incompetent to have created a foreign policy which has done so much to weaken Islamic terrorist groups like Bokoharam, Isis, ISIL, etc. (Obama's foreign policy gave them so much impetus)

7) He is not incompetence to be the first president to not only recognise but stand up to China's American and world manipulation

cool He is not incompetent to be the first American president in recent history to be able to make North Korea friend and curb the threat of accidental nuclear war.

The list goes on. Tell me about incompetence again, you sheep
Guy if you are not in America and you wrote this epistle, America has not been fair on you.
Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by blowjohn(m): 9:56am On May 19, 2020
Firstnebo:

I sure well know you are not good at international affairs, but incompetence and Donald Trump does not belong in the same sentence.

You hear incompetence because he has had massive, raging opposition from the media, and that's what you are spoon fed.

1) He is no incompetence when he vigorously remade American military after so much neglect by Obama

2) He is not incompetent when he stopped Washington's war on American energy (while overlooking China's massive climate pollution)

3) He is not incompetent when after decades of failed promises from past presidents, he became the only one to move American embassy to Jerusalem

4) He is not incompetent to create a new feature of American military, the Space Force

5) He is not incompetent when he took it upon himself to begin a program that seeks to release thousands of black people in prison for no good reason or for good reasons but for too long behind bars (helping him is Kim Kardashian)

6) He is not incompetent to have created a foreign policy which has done so much to weaken Islamic terrorist groups like Bokoharam, Isis, ISIL, etc. (Obama's foreign policy gave them so much impetus)

7) He is not incompetence to be the first president to not only recognise but stand up to China's American and world manipulation

cool He is not incompetent to be the first American president in recent history to be able to make North Korea friend and curb the threat of accidental nuclear war.

Why u calling him sheep?
That niggar is a goat. Imagine the nonsense he put up saying trump is incompetent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by Peacecoy19: 9:57am On May 19, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:
Morbidly Obese Trump grin grin grin (Pelosi cannot make heaven)

Dude is desperate to shift attention.
. Trump said nothing that some nation's have not. done before concerning Heath issues and chin have so not clearly violated aWHO protocol.The observation I have made is that both UN and WHO treats the big nation's specially USA inclusive giving them so much discretion.
Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by blowjohn(m): 9:57am On May 19, 2020
alezzy13:

IF you look at my previous statement, you'll see where I said WHO made errors as well, but not in any way compared to that of Trump.

You guys overestimate the abilities of WHO. I'm sure you really think they can barge into any country or threaten its leaders to provide certain info. It doesnt work that way Oga.

When Trump was busy cutting funds for public health, he didnt know it would come to this.

For instance, Trump claims China "pressured WHO not to declare it pandemic". This of course is hogwash. There are criteria to be met before such declaration can be made. This is the statement by the DG on JAn 23rd: . "Make no mistake. This is an emergency in China, but it has not yet become a global health emergency. It may yet become one."

Ur yarning dust. Before china joined WHO u think they didnt give WHO the power to barge in?
Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by Billygee2u: 9:58am On May 19, 2020
yanabasee1:
This is a president oh.....

The vegetable that is on life support in aso-rock is a plague and nothing but a furniture....

lifeless imposter
Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by BaBaMike: 9:58am On May 19, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

更好地欣赏您所拥有的。布哈里比你所称赞的人要好得多。

Did you mean: 更好地欣赏您所拥有的。布哈里比你所称赞的人要好得多。 shocked

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by DenreleDave(m): 9:58am On May 19, 2020
Blyzz:
ta, bad girl. U just made me waste my precious time. If I catch you, you owe me kiss.

I bind. U in Jesus name.... Oh ye gay of Sodom and gomorrha
Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by Nobody: 9:59am On May 19, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Use your empty head for once.
Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by Arkmanbuddy(m): 9:59am On May 19, 2020
DenreleDave:
I Knew sumtin must the wrong the moment I saw Lai Mohammed, Abba kyari, pdp, apc, tribunal inside that latter, I knew it will go viral.

How can trump say Lai Mohammed is not a Nigeria? Trump eve threatened to dug Abba kyari grave to see if truly he died or he was impersonated...

See that part he said pdp is the best party in California and apc is the best in Las Vegas

Sumtin must be wrong in this letter...

You are not funny
Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by dru23(m): 9:59am On May 19, 2020
beamtopola:

USA did not cause the world problem, china did. You cant destroy a house and expect another person to build it. Pull out yout hatred for Trump.

What happen to the pandemic team that was set up by Obama administration? What was the purpose by the team .. And why did Trump disband them? Everything that Obama did Trump came in and replace them ... now he is blaming his incompetence on China.....

You need to focus more on the Nigeria issue at hand bro. And leave American policy alone.. You don't know Jack sh@t ... you are on the outside looking in ....

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by blowjohn(m): 10:00am On May 19, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
Retard. Dispute the points he made with facts if you can.

You just open your mouth and bash anything Trump says, even when what he says is good for the world.

The WHO blew this thing big time. I can still show you their tweet telling people not to worry that the virus is not transmitable between humans. It is still there on their twitter handle.

Why u answering that niggar. He's a paid CNN and Democrat agent
Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by dru23(m): 10:00am On May 19, 2020
alezzy13:

God bless your family from generation to generation.. Your generation will never lack anything in Jesus name...

Ps.. Lai Muhammad and Trump.... Same people
Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by Nobody: 10:02am On May 19, 2020
In America we have a president who protects the interest of his country's taxpayers.

In nigeria we have a president that is more interested in using the taxpayers' money to train terrorists.

nigerians una weldone o, Na only una waka come?
Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by Nobody: 10:03am On May 19, 2020
Babatunde40:
America and the world at large are lucky that Trump is president at this time.

May God continue to bless you and add more wisdom to your life. You will see your children and children's children for standing on the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by Nobody: 10:04am On May 19, 2020
jumich1:
Mr Trump standing up to China and WHO on behalf of the US and the world at large

Mr President, may the good Lord bless you and keep you safe, by His grace you shall win the upcoming election and thereby completely drain the swamp for the sake of world peace

China will soon go the way of Soviet Union, things will never be the same after this Corvid-19 pandemic especially world's relationship with China

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by Temptee101(m): 10:05am On May 19, 2020
The president like no other.

The president that puts his country and people first not like the bigoted, nepotistic and vengeful toothpick we have here.

God bless Donald Trump.
God bless America.
Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by Billygee2u: 10:06am On May 19, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

闭嘴,你这个被骗的家伙。他告诉你没有生命的特朗普比活着的特朗普要好?
Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by Billygee2u: 10:06am On May 19, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Shut up,you deluded fellow. who told you that lifeless is better than a living Trump?
Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by alezzy13: 10:08am On May 19, 2020
Weathered:
@ banned fire. What are you asserting? Trump didn't ban travel from China and the WHO, democrats and media kicked against it?

Abi, if you wan' deflect then tell us say the virus didn't begin from Wuhan, China. It started in Europe.
Pfts!

Thats what I'm saying. Yes, he banned, but it had little or no effect from stopping spread. IT was more of political.

Case in point: S/Korea did not impose any such ban until early feb, and even then it was limited. YEt they've handled it far far better than US. Why? Testing, Testing, Testing.

While Trump was busy claiming he's banned travel from China and busy holding political rallies and making unfounded, unscientific, imbecilic statement, S/Korea had significantly ramped up testing, isolation and containment.

US didn't start testing proper till mid march, and by then had lost almost a good 6 weeks. This is unforgivable given the quick response needed in such cases.
Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by FryMosquito: 10:09am On May 19, 2020
Firstnebo:

You nailed him.. I would have shower � you something for this, but one year out of job is peppering

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by JustforMen: 10:12am On May 19, 2020
dru23:

The question is when Obama left office , how was the US economy? You seem to be not only well informed or semi literate....

Provide the facts yourself. You are now confirmed the illiterate and ill-informed person.
lets stop insulting each other and use facts and evidence to discuss this.
I don't know you, just like like you don't know me and calling me an illiterate is pure nonsense because what ever indices of literacy you wish to use, I am sure I am far above average.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by idtwo: 10:12am On May 19, 2020
You clearly do not understand the magnitude of the evil China has done or allowed. Trump is right on this one.

CoronaVirusRelo:

Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by sidieladaniel: 10:14am On May 19, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

guy u know what'sup Trump is just trying to deflect blame. when two people died of Ebola in 2014 Trump & republicans called for the resignation of Obama but 90k people have died in US & Trump is claiming he died a good job.pathetic
Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by Nobody: 10:16am On May 19, 2020
saajus:
You are right. WHO may have failed but he too failed to act on time.

“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”
“It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.”
“So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!”
“......And this is their new hoax.” He's referring to Democrats in one of his rallies.
“There’s a theory that, in April, when it gets warm — historically, that has been able to kill the virus"
........................................Trump
Here they are in May, 90k Americans gone already. So sad.

Remember that he is not an expert and was relying massively on the info he was getting from WHO. I agree he did not act quickly on the intel he received in November, But again, if you understand the dynamics vis-a-viz the principles of opportunity cost on an economic he has been trying to build all along in an election year, you will know why he took the decisions he took.

What I am yet to comprehend fully is why this virus broke out the same time the Democrats failed in their bid to remove him from office. Something is not right. He has his fault as he does not trust his own intel community, but you will understand this better if you read the biblical story of King David, the biolography of Abraham Lincon and Mario Puzo's 4th K.

Politics is a dirty game and his American First policy is been fought on several fronts.
Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by alezzy13: 10:19am On May 19, 2020
dru23:

God bless your family from generation to generation.. Your generation will never lack anything in Jesus name...

Ps.. Lai Muhammad and Trump.... Same people

Trump consistently used every opportunity to stop funding for such health programs, and now its come to bite him. Just a few:
March-May 2017: President Trump proposes cutting over $277 million in pandemic-preparedness funding. Congress, in bipartisan action, rejects the funding cuts.

President Trump proposes cutting $136 million from the Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response (responsible for tracking outbreaks of disease), $65 million from the National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases (a center that fights emerging infectious diseases), and $76 million from the CDCs Center for Global Health (a center dedicated to fighting international health threats).

With bipartisan support, Congress rejects the funding cuts. “Cutting the Centers for Disease Control, I think, leaves you very vulnerable and the American people very vulnerable,” Rep. Tom Cole (R-OK) states in a House budget hearing. “Sometime in the president’s term, you will have a pandemic.”

May 11, 2017: The Intelligence Community’s Worldwide Threat Assessment warns of major pandemic risks.

In written testimony before Congress on the presentation of the Intelligence Community’s Worldwide Threat Assessment, the Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats writes, “A novel or reemerging microbe that is easily transmissible between humans and is highly pathogenic remains a major threat because such an organism has the potential to spread rapidly and kill millions.”

The New York Times confirms some of the details, but says it is unclear whether the ban is limited to CDC budget documents.

February 9, 2018: President Trump signs bill that cuts $1.35 billion in funding for Prevention and Public Health Fund at the CDC.

President Trump cuts $1.35 billion of funding for the CDC’s Prevention and Public Health Fund, established in 2016 as part of the Affordable Care Act. The fund supports programs that monitor healthcare associated infections, programs that are responsive to rapidly emerging health issues, and programs that improve public health immunization infrastructure, among other things.

February 9, 2018: President Trump signs bill that cuts $1.35 billion in funding for Prevention and Public Health Fund at the CDC.

February 13, 2018: The Intelligence Community’s Worldwide Threat Assessment warns of major pandemic risks.

Early in the morning, Bolton informs Tom Bossert that he is fired. As White House Homeland Security Advisor Bossert “had called for a comprehensive biodefense strategy against pandemics and biological attacks,” reports the Washington Post.

May 7, 2018: White House proposes cutting global health budget.

The White House sends a plan to Congress proposing budget cuts. It includes cutting out $252 million for health security preparedness in funds remaining from the 2014-2015 Ebola epidemic.

May 7, 2018: The National Security Council’s director of medical and biodefense preparedness warns that pandemic flu is the top health security concern and that the country is not prepared for it.

May 8, 2018: The National Security Council removes the top official responsible for pandemic response and disbands the global health security team.

President Trump’s National Security Advisor, John Bolton, removes Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer from the National Security Council and disbands Ziemer’s unit, the Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense. Previously, Ziemer was the sole senior official focused on pandemic preparedness. He is not replaced.

https://www.justsecurity.org/69650/timeline-of-the-coronavirus-pandemic-and-u-s-response/
Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by CrazyOptimist: 10:19am On May 19, 2020
MikkySexy23:

What's cooking ? USA's demise as the Number One Nation.. Trump has successfully fought into China's hand by deliberately halting funds from World Organizations and cancelling out deals. He is placing the world into Chinese hands by being emotional. Look at the Chinese! Are they fighting? NO. Are they blaming Trump? NO. They are being subtle with the power shift. They know they are wrong on the outbreak and they saving face by making funds available.

You have a valid point here.
Just take a look around and compare the influence of both countries on Africa. China is definitely ontop.
Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by xjiggy: 10:20am On May 19, 2020
And you all believe what the white man say. We still have not learnt anything. All these squabbles has nothing to do with the well being of humanity. Its6just a power struggle between a fading superpower and an emerging superpower.
Re: Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General by Weathered: 10:20am On May 19, 2020
alezzy13:

Thats what I'm saying. Yes, he banned, but it had little or no effect from stopping spread. IT was more of political.

Case in point: S/Korea did not impose any such ban until early feb, and even then it was limited. YEt they've handled it far far better than US. Why? Testing, Testing, Testing.

While Trump was busy claiming he's banned travel from China and busy holding political rallies and making unfounded, unscientific, imbecilic statement, S/Korea had significantly ramped up testing, isolation and containment.

US didn't start testing proper till mid march, and by then had lost almost a good 6 weeks. This is unforgivable given the quick response needed in such cases.
How does all this negate the fact that the WHO lied and was the mouthpiece of China?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Taliban Parade American Military Equipments & Armoured Trucks: Pics & Video / Boris Johnson Admitted To Hospital Over Coronavirus Symptoms / Shocking Aftermath Of Las Vegas Shooting That You Really Need To See(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.