Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. (5644 Views)

A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met / The Character I Like Is In A Body I Don't Like What Should I Do? / "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by JoshRocs(m): 8:03pm On May 19, 2020
Haviza:
So there is this guy that attends the same university that I attend and we are very close. We have intimate discussions, spend time together and we flirt with each other. We aren't dating officially, but we both find each other attractive and we've both shared our feelings for each other.

We are currently living in different states due to the lock down. I live in Lagos while he lives in Enugu.

During this lockdown period we have been communicating via WhatsApp chats, calls and video calls. Sometimes we talk till 3 am in the midnight.

But over a week now this guy hasn't talked to me. He just stopped replying my messages all of a sudden. I sent him a voice message and he listened to it but didn't respond. I called his phone multiple times last week and he didn't pick. Last midnight I saw he was he was clearly online and I sent him messages but he didn't respond.

I don't know what to do. I really like this guy and it's hurting me that he is ignoring me. I didn't do anything wrong. Should I keep calling and texting or should I give him space?
I thought I was the only person alive that still loves with every bit of my heart, I understand you because I'm currently passing through the same, it's not your fault he's acting the way he does. he knows how much you love that's the reason he's acting the way he is and you can't help it, loving with all your heart and being committed easily. simply stay away from anything that would trigger sadness, stop texting and calling, it wouldn't be easy tho but you have to delete him from your head.

2 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by womenareapes: 8:09pm On May 19, 2020
Cellenero:

Will you listen to me ? These may be tough for you,but what I'm about to tell you is exactly what is going to get him crawling back ,or rather, get to know the personality you're dealing with.
Ignore him ! Yes,you heard me right. Have you heard of the mirror effect ? That's the most powerful way to deal with silent treatment. By ignoring him ,and never initiating contact till he does,don't ask him why he has been ignoring you,assume nothing really happened, and you know what ? You will end up detecting the rule of the friendship or relationship. It's a power play,to most its done consciously,to very few,unconsciously .
When they decide to give you the silent treatment again,ignore their dirty ass,and ensure you make it very clear to them your emotion is not their playground, and if that's how they communicate their feelings,make it known to them you can't deal with those childish attitude.
Set boundaries dear.
For your sanity and health sake.
Ignore those who ignore you,give a taste of their own medicine to those who feel it's normal to give you silent treatment, it has that strong psychological effect on both men and women.
Please stop texting,calling or even checking on him from now henceforth,you're embarrassing yourself and communicating to him that you're a low value.
Respect yourself and know your worth !
You sound naive and new to these game,you're a woman,you should have known better.
what worth does a woman has apart from using there body to get what them want?
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Lukaku95: 8:10pm On May 19, 2020
Favy1235:
Na so i take like one guy for school.
Just after the first week we went home for this pandemic.Na so he start to dey do somehow,he stopped calling like he used to back then in school.
I tried to find out what the problem was.The kind flimsy excuse i got twice from him .
I just jejely ghost him like this.Most times you don't have to be clingy if it isn't working.
hahahah.. see little girl wey dey ghost person !!
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Solsix(m): 8:58pm On May 19, 2020
Davash222:
E shock you say the guy no send you again
No time, my sister.
Hahahaha, this is wickedness
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by chrissy3(m): 10:09pm On May 19, 2020
Well from the looks of things I don't think he wants relationship .most guys these days don't like commitment. We just like no strings attached stuff if we don't like the girl enough to date. Maybe he felt he can get some but you're bringing relationship to the table and he doesn't want that.

4 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Irabor1990(f): 10:53pm On May 19, 2020
Please give him space

Haviza:
So there is this guy that attends the same university that I attend and we are very close. We have intimate discussions, spend time together and we flirt with each other. We aren't dating officially, but we both find each other attractive and we've both shared our feelings for each other.

We are currently living in different states due to the lock down. I live in Lagos while he lives in Enugu.

During this lockdown period we have been communicating via WhatsApp chats, calls and video calls. Sometimes we talk till 3 am in the midnight.

But over a week now this guy hasn't talked to me. He just stopped replying my messages all of a sudden. I sent him a voice message and he listened to it but didn't respond. I called his phone multiple times last week and he didn't pick. Last midnight I saw he was he was clearly online and I sent him messages but he didn't respond.

I don't know what to do. I really like this guy and it's hurting me that he is ignoring me. I didn't do anything wrong. Should I keep calling and texting or should I give him space?
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Favy1235(f): 8:07am On May 20, 2020
Lukaku95:
hahahah.. see little girl wey dey ghost person !!

congratulations to you adult.
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Nobody: 8:50am On May 20, 2020
womenareapes:
what worth does a woman has apart from using there body to get what them want?
Why do you think so ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What some men are doing while searching for a wife material (picture) / Help My Girlfriend Want Me To Do party With Another Girl (photos)�� / Craziest Thing A Visitor Did In Your House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.