Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,077 members, 7,821,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. (5677 Views)

A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met / The Character I Like Is In A Body I Don't Like What Should I Do? / "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Realmenlovetruly(m): 10:42am On May 19, 2020
Hey little girl

The same way you feel now, is the same way other guys that you are ignoring feel

I think its high time everyone learn to show love to everybody either you like him/her or not

2 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Nobody: 10:42am On May 19, 2020
Travel to Enugu to meet him since you want to display foolish love. Assuming you are my sister I will not only scold you for this stupid act but also ban you from associating with guys because you are not mature to handle relationship. That dude is using reverse psychology for you and you are here disturbing yourself.

1 Like

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by BeautyUdoka(f): 10:48am On May 19, 2020
I think you should continue texting him. He might speak up at some point, maybe something's disturbing him
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Nobody: 10:54am On May 19, 2020
Well one thing is certain, If someone treats you like this because you guys are far apart, then his or her presence can't be trusted. I hope you decode the message and think right. smiley
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by ABLESOFT2(m): 10:55am On May 19, 2020
Try Giving Him Space.,maybe A Week Or Two.He May Call U
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Nobody: 11:12am On May 19, 2020
Haviza:

Even if things aren't okay, he should be able to communicate with me. I've texted him many times asking if he is okay and he hasn't responded. I'm also worried about him. It wouldn't cost him anything to just send me a one sentence reply.

And his WhatsApp last seen indicates that he is active on WhatsApp. So why doesn't he talk to me?
Will you listen to me ? These may be tough for you,but what I'm about to tell you is exactly what is going to get him crawling back ,or rather, get to know the personality you're dealing with.
Ignore him ! Yes,you heard me right. Have you heard of the mirror effect ? That's the most powerful way to deal with silent treatment. By ignoring him ,and never initiating contact till he does,don't ask him why he has been ignoring you,assume nothing really happened, and you know what ? You will end up detecting the rule of the friendship or relationship. It's a power play,to most its done consciously,to very few,unconsciously .
When they decide to give you the silent treatment again,ignore their dirty ass,and ensure you make it very clear to them your emotion is not their playground, and if that's how they communicate their feelings,make it known to them you can't deal with those childish attitude.
Set boundaries dear.
For your sanity and health sake.
Ignore those who ignore you,give a taste of their own medicine to those who feel it's normal to give you silent treatment, it has that strong psychological effect on both men and women.
Please stop texting,calling or even checking on him from now henceforth,you're embarrassing yourself and communicating to him that you're a low value.
Respect yourself and know your worth !
You sound naive and new to these game,you're a woman,you should have known better.

5 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by yetunsbay(m): 11:14am On May 19, 2020
He is doing good. Reverse psychology
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by KenBen217: 11:17am On May 19, 2020
i know what day guy is doing...but lemme just keep my mouth shut...lemme not cast him grin
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Haviza(f): 11:21am On May 19, 2020
KenBen217:
i know what day guy is doing...but lemme just keep my mouth shut...lemme not cast him grin

Please what is he doing? I want to know why he is ignoring me. I'm hurting real bad. I really like this guy and I thought he felt the same way.
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by KenBen217: 11:28am On May 19, 2020
Haviza:

Please what is he doing? I want to know why he is ignoring me. I'm hurting real bad. I really like this guy and I thought he felt the same way.
my dear...it's just reverse psychology....he just wants you to miss him more...and in all honesty I do it alot...he wants u to miss him...he knows exactly what he's doing
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Nobody: 11:29am On May 19, 2020
Haviza:

That's exactly what he wants to achieve,to make you experience those feelings you're experiencing right now . cheesy cheesy. To keep you on your toe,to be obsessed about him,to disarm you and finally get to detect the rule of the friendship or relationship.
And yes,psychologically, he has gotten you where exactly he need you to be,and you know what ? You can't afford to lose him right now cheesy
It's normal dear,so calm down,and start playing the detachment . That's the only way to free yourself and reduce the intensity of hold he got on you,emotionally, psychologically and whatnot.

5 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Nobody: 11:40am On May 19, 2020
Haviza:

Even if things aren't okay, he should be able to communicate with me. I've texted him many times asking if he is okay and he hasn't responded. I'm also worried about him. It wouldn't cost him anything to just send me a one sentence reply.

And his WhatsApp last seen indicates that he is active on WhatsApp. So why doesn't he talk to me?
You better leave him alone. He will turn you to a nuisance if care is not taken. I have experienced that multiple times, the only difference is the guys asked for a relationship.
There was one that would read my messages and not reply, until I got to know he is very active on another WhatsApp account. He will act cool when we are together and total opposite once we are apart. I had to delete his number in the long run, if not I'd keep texting and calling and he'd keep ignoring.
I do that to guys that act this way, surprisingly I realised non got back, I mean no text or call.
Stop forcing a relationship or friendship. It is meant to happen naturally.
Even if he comes back kindly reject him

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Nobody: 11:50am On May 19, 2020
Haviza:

Leave him alone o. He is playing on your emotions.
Someone that likes you will not put you through that torture. Delete his number so you wont be tempted to reach out to him, you will realise he actually doesnt care. And if he comes back, make sure nothing happens btw you too, he is coming to use and dump you wink
I have seen that play out with more than one guy, what I do is delete their contact and funnily they never call or text.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by waleyp(m): 11:58am On May 19, 2020
See Girl I Am Available, I Wont Treat You Like The Guy, So Whats Up ?
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 19, 2020
Ningen:

I like this.

OP, don't pester anyone.
He has your number, it's plain and simple.

One or two ignored calls and messages, and that's it. Don't be in a hassle. Ignore him too.
Right on.

When you value yourself, you don't engage in games like this that make you question your worth and you know not to accept this sort of treatment from a man (or woman).

2 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by OscarJaden(m): 12:37pm On May 19, 2020
Luckygurl:
Kids will always be kids angry angry angry

Hi hun! It hurts when someone you've developed feelings for begins to ignore you.

Just lay low for now, you've tried reaching out to him several times and he's not responding shows he doesn't want to vibe with you any longer.

Divert your attention from him. There are other friends you can talk with, it isn't just him.

But you know what!! He'll come back. They come back most times. He'd come with lots of co.ck and bull stories, it's left for you to decide if you still want to remain friends with him.

For the meantime, don't stress yourself over him that much. His loss!!!
lol...kids will always be kids lol....I hail oo Pro!!
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Chenko001(m): 1:01pm On May 19, 2020
For people saying ignore him, it's hard to do that when you still open your WhatsApp messages. These feelings are uncontrollable and they hurt deep, you also think about them every moment. It can lead to obsession if care is not taken. As a guy we only do this sort of things if one has seen or heard something bad about you or maybe busy( to a certain extent cus not everyone works 24 hours a day). But give him time, he will come around.
NOTE: EVERYONE HAS A DARK SIDE, TRY TO SEE THEM IN ANY RELATIONSHIP YOU DABBLE INTO SO THAT WHEN HE OR SHE DISAPPOINTS YOU, YOU JUST PICK UP YOUR MAT AND HEAD TO A SAFER SPACE

1 Like

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by cooooooks(m): 3:37pm On May 19, 2020
Send him a message on WhatsApp and SMS everyday asking why he's ignoring you. Do this once or twice a day for like 2 weeks.

Sorry about this.
Haviza:
So there is this guy that attends the same university that I attend and we are very close. We have intimate discussions, spend time together and we flirt with each other. We aren't dating officially, but we both find each other attractive and we've both shared our feelings for each other.

We are currently living in different states due to the lock down. I live in Lagos while he lives in Enugu.

During this lockdown period we have been communicating via WhatsApp chats, calls and video calls. Sometimes we talk till 3 am in the midnight.

But over a week now this guy hasn't talked to me. He just stopped replying my messages all of a sudden. I sent him a voice message and he listened to it but didn't respond. I called his phone multiple times last week and he didn't pick. Last midnight I saw he was he was clearly online and I sent him messages but he didn't respond.

I don't know what to do. I really like this guy and it's hurting me that he is ignoring me. I didn't do anything wrong. Should I keep calling and texting or should I give him space?
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by rosy1992(f): 3:39pm On May 19, 2020
Just let him be. You shouldn't force yourself on him.
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by longetivity(m): 3:40pm On May 19, 2020
it will end in crocodile tears
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by MOnkeyBabe(f): 4:05pm On May 19, 2020
blesskewe:
He knows u like him, bet he wants to reduce the way he likes u
Aunty Kevwe, Please explain.
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by MOnkeyBabe(f): 4:12pm On May 19, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:
I am sorry you are going through this. I advice you to stop reaching out to him, delete his number if the temptation to reach out is too strong. Focus on you, hangout with other friends, get busy. Man's rejection is God's protection, you will meet a man that will treat you like a Queen.
what if it's this one she Really likes?
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by MOnkeyBabe(f): 4:13pm On May 19, 2020
Solearr:
You should leave him for the moment. I imagine pussy is hard to obtain for a guy like him in your university. He will come running back once he sees not all girls are as friendly as you are.
Chei. See Analysis
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by MOnkeyBabe(f): 4:15pm On May 19, 2020
DenreleDave:

If not dt u no get sense, wat do u expect from a guy living in enugu where their governor shares eba and akpu soup as palliatives for lock down..

The guy actually missed his turn of the eba and start transferring the anger of it on you...

Better find correct sense

gringringringrin
lwkmdRotflmao funnieSt shit eva. Follown u rn
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by MOnkeyBabe(f): 4:20pm On May 19, 2020
Dominicane:
One thing u chingum gals don't get and understand is that, the fact u like a guy, doesn't means he has reciprocate ur love back.

We guys are also human, we have other things to think about other than dating.

Its high time u ladies start accepting the fact that, guys do get fed up with ur dramas. And when we call it a quit we mean every word of it .

"Money first, gals can follow after other protocols have been observed."
That's the guys' code.
na una saBi
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by MOnkeyBabe(f): 4:22pm On May 19, 2020
Sirvingeo:
Travel to Enugu to meet him since you want to display foolish love. Assuming you are my sister I will not only scold you for this stupid act but also ban you from associating with guys because you are not mature to handle relationship. That dude is using reverse psychology for you and you are here disturbing yourself.
explain
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by MOnkeyBabe(f): 4:23pm On May 19, 2020
Chenko001:
For people saying ignore him, it's hard to do that when you still open your WhatsApp messages. These feelings are uncontrollable and they hurt deep, you also think about them every moment. It can lead to obsession if care is not taken. As a guy we only do this sort of things if one has seen or heard something bad about you or maybe busy( to a certain extent cus not everyone works 24 hours a day). But give him time, he will come around.
NOTE: EVERYONE HAS A DARK SIDE, TRY TO SEE THEM IN ANY RELATIONSHIP YOU DABBLE INTO SO THAT WHEN HE OR SHE DISAPPOINTS YOU, YOU JUST PICK UP YOUR MAT AND HEAD TO A SAFER SPACE
which one is heard something bad. Is it PRimary 1 SChool. HABeG, that one dey him POCKeT ..no be only
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 19, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:
what if it's this one she Really likes?

I know it hurts but unrequited love is painful, she may like him but does he like her? He seems to have ghosted her. She is better off cutting her losses now.

2 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by MOnkeyBabe(f): 4:29pm On May 19, 2020
KenBen217:
what is he doing? Please tell me, I'm only 8 yeaRs OlD embarassed
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Deicide: 5:26pm On May 19, 2020
But Na una females start all this rubbish Na

2 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Odion2016(m): 6:40pm On May 19, 2020
He has read ubunja and martinez's posts..Mayb he has even joined the red pill association..Go look for him there..Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by OnPointMan(m): 7:14pm On May 19, 2020
Haviza.

He has a girlfriend over there now, and he is seeing you as a disturbance. Get yourself busy with something or someone else and forget about him.

Check my signature.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need Help, My Girlfriend Keep Humiliating Me / What's The Best LOAN COMPANY In Nigeria / Guys, Ever Had An Awful Bedroom Experience With An Asthma Patient?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.