Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,745 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. (5650 Views)

A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met / The Character I Like Is In A Body I Don't Like What Should I Do? / "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Haviza(f): 9:54am On May 19, 2020
So there is this guy that attends the same university that I attend and we are very close. We have intimate discussions, spend time together and we flirt with each other. We aren't dating officially, but we both find each other attractive and we've both shared our feelings for each other.

We are currently living in different states due to the lock down. I live in Lagos while he lives in Enugu.

During this lockdown period we have been communicating via WhatsApp chats, calls and video calls. Sometimes we talk till 3 am in the midnight.

But over a week now this guy hasn't talked to me. He just stopped replying my messages all of a sudden. I sent him a voice message and he listened to it but didn't respond. I called his phone multiple times last week and he didn't pick. Last midnight I saw he was he was clearly online and I sent him messages but he didn't respond.

I don't know what to do. I really like this guy and it's hurting me that he is ignoring me. I didn't do anything wrong. Should I keep calling and texting or should I give him space?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Chuksdede(m): 9:57am On May 19, 2020
Sis for all we know things might not be ok for him over there(just saying)
Since u have texted, called him and he isn't responding I will advice you let him be for now you can check up on him much later

13 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by blesskewe(f): 10:00am On May 19, 2020
He knows u like him, bet he wants to reduce the way he likes u

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by chatinent: 10:01am On May 19, 2020
For crying out loud, you are not dating! Personally, if I call and text-message like say two times and I'm snubbed, I will not do it again.I value my reputation and esteem than any relationship.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by bestabigaelever(f): 10:02am On May 19, 2020
Ignore him for now
He might be going through something
Give him space

6 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Davash222(m): 10:05am On May 19, 2020
E shock you say the guy no send you again
No time, my sister.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Haviza(f): 10:05am On May 19, 2020
Chuksdede:
Sis for all we know things might not be ok for him over there(just saying)
Since u have texted, called him and he isn't responding I will advice you let him be for now you can check up on him much later

Even if things aren't okay, he should be able to communicate with me. I've texted him many times asking if he is okay and he hasn't responded. I'm also worried about him. It wouldn't cost him anything to just send me a one sentence reply.

And his WhatsApp last seen indicates that he is active on WhatsApp. So why doesn't he talk to me?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by DenreleDave(m): 10:06am On May 19, 2020
Haviza:
So there is this guy that attends the same university that I attend and we are very close. We have intimate discussions, spend time together and we flirt with each other. We aren't dating officially, but we both find each other attractive and we've both shared our feelings for each other.

We are currently living in different states due to the lock down. I live in Lagos while he lives in Enugu.

During this lockdown period we have been communicating via WhatsApp chats, calls and video calls. Sometimes we talk till 3 am in the midnight.

But over a week now this guy hasn't talked to me. He just stopped replying my messages all of a sudden. I sent him a voice message and he listened to it but didn't respond. I called his phone multiple times last week and he didn't pick. Last midnight I saw he was he was clearly online and I sent him messages but he didn't respond.

I don't know what to do. I really like this guy it's hurting me that he is ignoring me. I didn't do anything wrong. Should I keep calling and texting or should I give him space?

If not dt u no get sense, wat do u expect from a guy living in enugu where their governor shares eba and akpu soup as palliatives for lock down..

The guy actually missed his turn of the eba and start transferring the anger of it on you...

Better find correct sense

gringringringrin

13 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Nobody: 10:06am On May 19, 2020
If you've inquired what's going on with him via the voice message or phone calls but he has chosen to ignore you rather than communicate, then leave him be. Let him be the one to reach out to you and if he doesn't, move on.

12 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by donbachi(m): 10:07am On May 19, 2020
Enugu people "mmam si'.my sister take heart.

1 Like

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Nobody: 10:08am On May 19, 2020
Hm
Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Solearr: 10:10am On May 19, 2020
You should leave him for the moment. I imagine pussy is hard to obtain for a guy like him in your university. He will come running back once he sees not all girls are as friendly as you are.

6 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Pubichairs(m): 10:10am On May 19, 2020
cheesy

Let him be

E be like say u no get self respect.

3 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Luckygurl(f): 10:12am On May 19, 2020
Kids will always be kids angry angry angry

Hi hun! It hurts when someone you've developed feelings for begins to ignore you.

Just lay low for now, you've tried reaching out to him several times and he's not responding shows he doesn't want to vibe with you any longer.

Divert your attention from him. There are other friends you can talk with, it isn't just him.

But you know what!! He'll come back. They come back most times. He'd come with lots of co.ck and bull stories, it's left for you to decide if you still want to remain friends with him.

For the meantime, don't stress yourself over him that much. His loss!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Ningen(m): 10:15am On May 19, 2020
aeion:
If you've inquired what's going on with him via the voice message or phone calls but he has chosen to ignore you rather than communicate, then leave him be. Let him be the one to reach out to you and if he doesn't, move on.

I like this.

OP, don't pester anyone.
He has your number, it's plain and simple.

One or two ignored calls and messages, and that's it. Don't be in a hassle. Ignore him too.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by StrongandMighty: 10:15am On May 19, 2020
op just try and understand him, maybe he's going through issues that you wouldn't know,maybe he's having mood swings. Take him out, shower him with gifts,call him on phone and talk to him heart to heart , visit him,try and win his heart , credit his account, you never can tell what he's passing through..

this would have been the advice our hypocritical Nigerian girls would have given if reverse was the case.
so op do the same

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Favy1235(f): 10:16am On May 19, 2020
Na so i take like one guy for school.
Just after the first week we went home for this pandemic.Na so he start to dey do somehow,he stopped calling like he used to back then in school.
I tried to find out what the problem was.The kind flimsy excuse i got twice from him .
I just jejely ghost him like this.Most times you don't have to be clingy if it isn't working.

4 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by 2dice01: 10:19am On May 19, 2020
Never expect much from Humans
You have send voicenote and calls also
Then free him and move on
Am 100% sure he will come back
Make sure you don't just fall for his lies cheesy He only wanna get into your pants then Japa grin
Make friends with other Guys before you know the feelings will fade

5 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Nobody: 10:21am On May 19, 2020
Well, people need space some times in their life....we all do sometimes.

So, i'l advise u give him d space he needs for now, if he has chosen not to tell u what d problem is.

I know how u feel, it hurts wen u are ignored by people u love, but who knows what he is going through?

Believe me, he might be going through hell and he may not wanna disturb you with his problem. Just let him b for now, if he comes back, fine. It's more likely he comes back though.

If he doesn't too, u'l be fine.

For those people yelling self-respect, it's imperative tho, but u can easily say that because u'v not met the kinda person u'v always been praying for.

3 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by 2dice01: 10:23am On May 19, 2020
Favy1235:
Na so i take like one guy for school.
Just after the first week we went home for this pandemic.Na so he start to dey do somehow,he stopped calling like he used to back then in school.
I tried to find out what the problem was.The kind flimsy excuse i got twice from him .
I just jejely ghost him like this.Most times you don't have to be clingy if it isn't working.
Hope you also try calling him like he calls you

Yes its not a do or die affair

1 Like

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Nobody: 10:24am On May 19, 2020
I am sorry you are going through this. I advice you to stop reaching out to him, delete his number if the temptation to reach out is too strong. Focus on you, hangout with other friends, get busy. Man's rejection is God's protection, you will meet a man that will treat you like a Queen.

5 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Dominicane(m): 10:30am On May 19, 2020
One thing u chingum gals don't get and understand is that, the fact u like a guy, doesn't means he has reciprocate ur love back.

We guys are also human, we have other things to think about other than dating.

Its high time u ladies start accepting the fact that, guys do get fed up with ur dramas. And when we call it a quit we mean every word of it .

"Money first, gals can follow after other protocols have been observed."
That's the guys' code.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Dominicane(m): 10:30am On May 19, 2020
One thing u gals don't get and understand is that, the fact u like a guy, doesn't means he has reciprocate ur love back.

We guys are also human, we have other things to think about other than dating.

Its high time u ladies start accepting the fact that, guys do get fed up with ur dramas. And when we call it a quit we mean every word of it .

"Money first, gals can follow after other protocols have been observed."
That's the guys' code.

5 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Favy1235(f): 10:30am On May 19, 2020
2dice01:
Hope you also try calling him like he calls you

Yes its not a do or die affair

i do call him.
I called to know what the problem was.It got to a time that i looked naggy cause i was complaining i was the one doing only the calling.
I had to ghost him.Peace of mind is the main thing.

3 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by sanemind2(m): 10:31am On May 19, 2020
Don't play so easy to get

1 Like

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Nobody: 10:32am On May 19, 2020
Leave the innocent boy alone.

Please don't corrupt him.

We are in anti corruption era.

He has seen what you have in mind for him and jappa.

4 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Chuksdede(m): 10:32am On May 19, 2020
Haviza:

Even if things aren't okay, he should be able to communicate with me. I've texted him many times asking if he is okay and he hasn't responded. I'm also worried about him. It wouldn't cost him anything to just send me a one sentence reply.

And his WhatsApp last seen indicates that he is active on WhatsApp. So why doesn't he talk to me?
There are different ways people deal with things this might just be his own way of dealing with whatever is bothering him, and am assuming that u have not in any way done anything bad
Just let him be for now we all need our spaces at some time am sure he will come around later if his feelings for you are intense as u said earlier

1 Like

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Humanoid01(m): 10:34am On May 19, 2020
Since you have reached out to him and he ignored you repeatedly, there's nothing more you can do. You can't force him to respond to you, so just let him be for now. The following are possible reasons for his attitude:

1. He wants to know how much you care about him -- he wants to know if you're willing to push hard for him if things go south.

2. He has a girlfriend who knows about your friendship with him, and she doesn't want him to communicate with you

3. He doesn't value you (No malice intended, but it's very possible).

4. You did something that he isn't happy about.

All in all, you just have to move on and hold no grudges. Some humans are like that, you shouldn't allow it have an effect on your general wellbeing.

1 Like

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by JentuPrinz(m): 10:37am On May 19, 2020
I don't like girls dat gives me attention.

2 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by Nobody: 10:37am On May 19, 2020
Haviza:

I don't know what to do. I really like this guy and it's hurting me that he is ignoring me. I didn't do anything wrong. Should I keep calling and texting or should I give him space?
To get his attention just send him an insulting message.. dem no born am not to respond. You can take it from there

1 Like

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by DrCork: 10:39am On May 19, 2020
Haviza:

Darling please can I stay in 2 week qaratine with u? Am very romantic & I juss want to talk and I drive BMW cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. by 2dice01: 10:40am On May 19, 2020
Favy1235:

i do call him.
I called to know what the problem was.It got to a time that i looked naggy cause i was complaining i was the one doing only the calling.
I had to ghost him.Peace of mind is the main thing.
Yes that is more important
The moment they start acting like a Celebrity you start treating them like a fan grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Girls Every Young Nigerian Guy Should Run Away From / 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage / Help!!! Am So Confused And Frustrated Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.