Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,116 members, 7,821,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown (62236 Views)

Pelumi Nubi, Driving From London To Lagos, Arrives Nigeria After 68 Days / American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) / Moving Back To Nigeria From USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by OgwuEgo: 7:55pm On May 22, 2020
Surely
ibkayee:
Lol living in Nigeria would turn me into a very nasty person

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Expert17: 7:56pm On May 22, 2020
Come and do what?? shocked shocked shocked

Nigeria no follow at all
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Bbbwings: 7:56pm On May 22, 2020
ogianyo:
I love my life in Nigeria. My wife and younger children are abroad. My business is here. My older children are also here. I don't want to live abroad. I sympathize with those whose only experience of life in Nigeria is one of suffering. Your contributions to this discourse will therefore be purely subjective. I have run my family this way for over 20 years.
If all that matters to you is internet, good roads, friendly police, zero corruption etc., you probably are still just beginning life. There's a lot more to quality of life than these things. I be loved both worlds and know that where you are in your life a journey determine your response.
By the way, I worked in Nigeria and took an early retirement to venture into business. I ve no regrets. I ve met lots of folks abroad who would live to come home if the had a friendly honest hand to guide them.
So why aren't your kids here if it is all rosy.
There is something missing that you've not been able to crystallize that made you send them abroad.
The country is good enough for your business to thrive but not good enough for your kids to spend their lives here grin

12 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by yusluvad(m): 7:56pm On May 22, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
Op you made a mistake it's a typo error You want to say - Which country will you be traveling to after the pandemic
Lol...
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Topmaike007(m): 7:56pm On May 22, 2020
ismoney:
If you are tired of this country, please leave. I love Nigeria and I believe that Nigeria is blessed and will be greater again.

God bless Nigeria.
be giving yourself false hope
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by ibkayee(f): 7:57pm On May 22, 2020
Bbbwings:

In essence, are you saying people living here are nasty? undecided
No, I am saying the frustration would push me personally to become nasty

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by ibkayee(f): 7:57pm On May 22, 2020
OgwuEgo:
Surely
grin
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Jeffyblaq(m): 7:57pm On May 22, 2020
My psyche drops low as soon as I stepped my foot at the airport anytime I'm on vacation ..

Seeing those thieves with their envious looks at the airport is not even pleasing to start with..

To God be the glory!

6 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by sircatherine45(m): 7:58pm On May 22, 2020
promotervickky:
You are all saying bullshit, I make good money from the Nigeria you people insult, they are others too that makes millions everyday.

I sell Cars, do you know how many people buy cars daily?

Why the rest countries are developed is because you carry the money you made in Nigeria and spend it there.

First they chop you for IELTS
Secondly settlement funds! And others. That is why they are leaving their country open for everyone, they just need your money.

Believe in your view of Nigeria if you wish, but don't paint it bad. If it's not working for you, it working for others period.

your write up was good...
until the last paragraph
BTW, i make thousands too in this s**thole

Never trust in the Nigerian project
It's risky, messy and stinky!
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by sircatherine45(m): 8:00pm On May 22, 2020
People like omenkalives and PigTormentor loves Nigeria because of the 30k BMC pays them every month

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Bbbwings: 8:00pm On May 22, 2020
ibkayee:

No, I am saying the frustration would push me personally to become nasty
You will adapt if you've no means of escape from the country.
Millions of us have adapted.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by EgunMogaji2: 8:01pm On May 22, 2020
Snaagg:
Nigerians abroad, how many of you are considering relocating back to the 'motherland' once this whole pandemic/lockdown debacle is over?

If you are, state your reasons here..

I and many others have returned shortly before Covid.

If you have set up plans for your return properly then please come join us. Nigeria is good and sustainable, if you maintain yourself.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by raphy(m): 8:02pm On May 22, 2020
live shit hole for shit hole.peopol an live abroad for abroad ppl simple.
shit hole
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by damzy88: 8:02pm On May 22, 2020
Bbbwings:

There is something missing that you've not been able to crystallize that made you send them abroad.
Nice question. If anyone is still young and has the opportunity to travel legally, take your chances. Let no one deceive you.

You have nothing to lose!

6 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by ibkayee(f): 8:02pm On May 22, 2020
Bbbwings:

You will adapt if you've no means of escape from the country.
Millions of us have adapted.
As of now, it's not a mindset I'm used to since I've lived outside of Nigeria for my entire life. I know myself, I wouldn't be 'adapting', I'd just be forced to tolerate it
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Coldie(m): 8:02pm On May 22, 2020
Liodins:
Moving back to Nigeria to come do what?
So that police fit arrest you illegal collect their own share

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by luvola(m): 8:03pm On May 22, 2020
This Op is not serious. We are praying to leave this country and you are here asking mumu question of who plan to come back to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by sircatherine45(m): 8:04pm On May 22, 2020
ibkayee:

As of now, it's not a mindset I'm used to since I've lived outside of Nigeria for my entire life. I know myself, I wouldn't be 'adapting', I'd just be forced to tolerate it

abroad fits you, ibkayee

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by EgunMogaji2: 8:04pm On May 22, 2020
freshinko:
After lockdown..I'm coming to marry my sweetheart..after which off to base we go.

It'll end in hot tears.

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by nomenclature(m): 8:04pm On May 22, 2020
Double standards,he spoke like a true greedy politician
Bbbwings:

The country is good enough for your business to thrive but not good enough for your kids to spend their lives here grin

7 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by PigTormentor: 8:05pm On May 22, 2020
sircatherine45:
People like omenkalives and PigTormentor loves Nigeria because of the 30k BMC pays them every month

Only a lazy IPIG retard will think that some organization is going to pay anyone 30k to comment online. Even if I don't work a day for the rest of my life, I already have enough investment in secured investment to give me enough to live a comfortable life that includes travelling to my choice destination at least once or twice every year. My Social security payments that will start when I qualify alone will be enough to feed everyone in your evil jungle.

When you limit your thinking to basics like 30k, handouts from govt and politicians, freebies, entitlement mindset, myopic/shallow infantile thoughts, then more than likely you will be stuck in such miserable existence.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Basemann: 8:05pm On May 22, 2020
Na your cup of tea be that
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Bbbwings: 8:06pm On May 22, 2020
ibkayee:

Yes, that is understandable sha.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by EgunMogaji2: 8:07pm On May 22, 2020
ogianyo:
I love my life in Nigeria. My wife and younger children are abroad. My business is here. My older children are also here. I don't want to live abroad. I sympathize with those whose only experience of life in Nigeria is one of suffering. Your contributions to this discourse will therefore be purely subjective. I have run my family this way for over 20 years.
If all that matters to you is internet, good roads, friendly police, zero corruption etc., you probably are still just beginning life. There's a lot more to quality of life than these things. I be loved both worlds and know that where you are in your life a journey determine your response.
By the way, I worked in Nigeria and took an early retirement to venture into business. I ve no regrets. I ve met lots of folks abroad who would live to come home if the had a friendly honest hand to guide them.

I weeped as I read your post.

Dunces here don't realize how good Nigeria really is.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by EgunMogaji2: 8:08pm On May 22, 2020
fairfora:
I drove past the passport office in ikeja today and was like....so people still wan travel? The crowd was unprecedented. Meanwhile some young chaps are busy raking in millions monthly inside same country. What we are all looking for in sokoto is right inside our sokoto smiley

And foreigners too. Lots of foreigners in brown roofs Ibadan raking in the millions in dollars.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Bbbwings: 8:09pm On May 22, 2020
PigTormentor:

Only a lazy IPIG retard will think that some organization is going to pay anyone 30k to comment online. Even if I don't work a day for the rest of my life, I already have enough investment in secured investment to give me enough to live a comfortable life that includes travelling to my choice destination at least once or twice every year. My Social security payments that will start when I qualify alone will be enough to feed everyone in your evil jungle.
Pls watch your tone
There is truly BMC. Don't deny it
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by DAVE5(m): 8:09pm On May 22, 2020
JewelStone:
I'm not gonna lie...I miss Nigeria sometimes which makes me flirt with the idea of splitting my time there when my kids are older. I miss my family, my friends and the sense of community.

But then I remember lack of internet and electricity, horrific healthcare system, bad roads, bigotry, lack of value for human life, insecurity, police brutality, immense corruption, tribalism, crumbling or non-existent economy and a million other horrible things. This quickly resets my mind.

My solution which I'm currently working on is to bring my sisters and my best friend over to live in Sydney with me and make good living for themselves. Then I won't have any business with Nigeria anymore except to visit my parents every two years.

So to answer your question: no, nein, never!!!

You are very very wise

We here in Nigeria wish we could run and relocate

Also find ways to relocate ur parents too so they could enjoy value for life
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by EgunMogaji2: 8:09pm On May 22, 2020
promotervickky:
You are all saying bullshit, I make good money from the Nigeria you people insult, they are others too that makes millions everyday.

I have friends with millions in their account, all made their money from home in Nigeria!!

I sell Cars, do you know how many people buy cars daily in Nigeria?

Why the rest countries are developed is because you carry the money you made in Nigeria and spend it there.

First they chop you for IELTS
Secondly settlement funds! And others. That is why they are leaving their country open for everyone, they just need your money.

Believe in your view of Nigeria if you wish, but don't paint it bad. If it's not working for you, it working for others period.

Don't mind them.

Keep on doing you Bro.

I've met many Nigerians living in Nigeria that comes over every year with their family for vacations to the USA. Some have even purchased vacation homes.

4 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 22, 2020
Op is just using style to know those living abroad. Now you know, what next? Mtchew.

Lefulefu where art thou? cool
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by urchcoded(m): 8:11pm On May 22, 2020
Men I fvcking love this country. I like the food, I like the women (in terms of anatomy and physiology) I like the naija customized Savagery and sarcasm. I just wanna do well. And enjoy here with my friends and family. I want to be able to afford to travel at will, but just for a vacation or tourism and not to relocate to another man's land just because you wanna see beautiful landscape. The only problem I have with Nigeria is religion which makes it difficult to associate with all them religious people.

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by pacificom: 8:11pm On May 22, 2020
As a Nigerian, if you think of staying in abroad, be sure you stay legally. Otherwise, staying in Nigeria legally is far better than living in abroad illegally.

6 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by loschivatos(m): 8:12pm On May 22, 2020
PigTormentor:
Wrong question.

Most of the people on NL are young impressionable kids who have never traveled before or are still in the young phase of their sojourn abroad.

Give them another 20 to 30 years abroad then ask them again.

Nailed it. Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Keke NAPEP In Benin City Pictured / New Terminal Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport Commissioned By Buhari / Election: Aerial View Of 3rd Mainland Bridge Without Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.