Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown (62244 Views)

Pelumi Nubi, Driving From London To Lagos, Arrives Nigeria After 68 Days / American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) / Moving Back To Nigeria From USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by tonididdy(m): 8:12pm On May 22, 2020
let's get this right ok.
moving back to Nigeria isn't a bad idea if you are made and can turn your home to Eldorado itself.
when I am not overseas, I miss the sunsets and nightlife the most.
you can't move back to Nigeria to come find jobs... no that is backwardness.
I don't blame many fellas tho, the white man's land is intoxicating.
but nevertheless one must 'visit' home at least because when you are abroad you miss home so so much.
for me I cannot stay in Nigeria permanently, not anymore.
I know friends who relocated to Nigeria and most stay in Abuja... and they never returned abroad.
if you planning full relocation, I think Abuja is your best bet.

6 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by urchcoded(m): 8:12pm On May 22, 2020
DAVE5:

You are very very wise

We here in Nigeria wish we could run and relocate

Also find ways to relocate ur parents too so they could enjoy value for life
speak for yourself.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Queenyprinxex(f): 8:13pm On May 22, 2020
Am I mad?

To do what in Nigeria??

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 22, 2020
Snaagg:
Nigerians abroad, how many of you are considering relocating back to the 'motherland' once this whole pandemic/lockdown debacle is over?

If you are, state your reasons here..

Not me. I am currently making the most money I have ever in my life thanks to the lockdown. I am getting lots of freebies because I work in healthcare. Just my scrubs alone has been opening doors for me.

Come naija come do wetin undecided

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 22, 2020
promotervickky:
You are all saying bullshit, I make good money from the Nigeria you people insult, they are others too that makes millions everyday.

I have friends with millions in their account, all made their money from home in Nigeria!!

I sell Cars, do you know how many people buy cars daily in Nigeria?

Why the rest countries are developed is because you carry the money you made in Nigeria and spend it there.

First they chop you for IELTS
Secondly settlement funds! And others. That is why they are leaving their country open for everyone, they just need your money.

Believe in your view of Nigeria if you wish, but don't paint it bad. If it's not working for you, it working for others period.

Oh, pleeeease nobody is talking about money. It's more than that. Nigeria doesn't offer the basic needs people should have in 2020. The infrastructure is nothing to write about and the health care system as well. That's just to name a few

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Roon9(m): 8:14pm On May 22, 2020
JewelStone:
I'm not gonna lie...I miss Nigeria sometimes which makes me flirt with the idea of splitting my time there when my kids are older. I miss my family, my friends and the sense of community.

But then I remember lack of internet and electricity, horrific healthcare system, bad roads, bigotry, lack of value for human life, insecurity, police brutality, immense corruption, tribalism, crumbling or non-existent economy and a million other horrible things. This quickly resets my mind.

My solution which I'm currently working on is to bring my sisters and my best friend over to live in Sydney with me and make good living for themselves. Then I won't have any business with Nigeria anymore except to visit my parents every two years.

So to answer your question: no, nein, never!!!

You have a good heart

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by afecgivers: 8:14pm On May 22, 2020
[quote author=Dollywood post=89794256]

Nigeria share similarities with hellfire[/quote

Hell is better.. No boss for there.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 22, 2020
michlins:
second, third or thirty wave,. In all you do, make sure you stay far away from this country
If you don't have a defined purpose of leaving...before you say jack robinson, it's already 20 years only to realise that, you're just living with no single impact. To those with well-defined purposes, good luck guys

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by ibkayee(f): 8:15pm On May 22, 2020
fieryy:

Oh, pleeeease nobody is talking about money. It's more than that. Nigeria doesn't offer the basic needs people should have in 2020. The infrastructure is nothing to write about and the health care system as well. That's just to name a few
Girrrrl, whenever I'm there and I'm faced with the unstable light issue I get sooooo mad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Nairalandmonika: 8:15pm On May 22, 2020
Lostz:
you should be asking how many will want to leave Nigeria for Wuhan during this covid19 period
If there was a free plane to Wuhan now, the plane for full remain, infact I will be amoung them.

5 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Twoclans(f): 8:16pm On May 22, 2020
pocohantas:

Not true Ishi. You will in fact have a harder time surviving, as not every country is this abnormal. I saw a thread on Quora, “what is weird in Nigeria, but normal in the rest of the world?”

You can guess the responses.

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Jahwinaboy(m): 8:16pm On May 22, 2020
ibkayee:

As of now, it's not a mindset I'm used to since I've lived outside of Nigeria for my entire life. I know myself, I wouldn't be 'adapting', I'd just be forced to tolerate it
If u can't adapt, probably u not Nigerian. We are adaptive
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Williamsesco(m): 8:16pm On May 22, 2020
Op i not understand u at all u want leave were enjoyment there come were human being not value life at all.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Nairalandmonika: 8:16pm On May 22, 2020
ismoney:
If you are tired of this country, please leave. I love Nigeria and I believe that Nigeria is blessed and will be greater again.

God bless Nigeria.
Was Nigeria ever great.

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by CAUSTIC002: 8:17pm On May 22, 2020
Honestly considering a move, but the thoughts of the many problems of Naija keeps me put, but l must visit after the lockdown.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by frozen70(f): 8:18pm On May 22, 2020
Snaagg:
Nigerians abroad, how many of you are considering relocating back to the 'motherland' once this whole pandemic/lockdown debacle is over?

Once you are in a good country, you will rather stay there than coming home to suffer and face naija enemity

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 22, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

And foreigners too. Lots of foreigners in brown roofs Ibadan raking in the millions in dollars.
funny you. We see and reason differently you know?. Have you ever wondered while any foreigner who has entered Nigeria would hardly leave? Why an indian, a Chinese with one pair of trousers and a luggage would end up a billionaire and invite more of his people instead of leaving and later hire you guys and be paying you peanuts?Think about it.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by ibkayee(f): 8:19pm On May 22, 2020
Jahwinaboy:
If u can't adapt, probably u not Nigerian. We are adaptive
I'm not 'Nigerian' in the true sense, I agree

Though it's not that I'm not adaptive, I'm just used to basic human rights/amenities lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by pocohantas(f): 8:20pm On May 22, 2020
Twoclans:

Lol. No jokes, sis. A lot of us enjoy some of the abnormality and are even scared of breaking down under normalcy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by EgunMogaji2: 8:20pm On May 22, 2020
fairfora:
funny you. We see and reason differently you know?. Have you ever wondered while any foreigner who has entered Nigeria would hardly leave? Why an indian, a Chinese with one pair of trousers and a luggage would end up a billionaire and invite more of his people instead of leaving and later hire you guys and be paying you peanuts?Think about it.

Exactly, as you should. I post based on my own individual opinion. Not yours.

PS: I have never and would never work for a Chinese or Lebanese in Nigeria. I hire them to work for me instead wink

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by amaniro: 8:21pm On May 22, 2020
If you have alot of money. Trust me you'll enjoy Nigeria! As for me I enjoy my life here in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Nelsonnwagbo(m): 8:21pm On May 22, 2020
If u then die u will still come back
JewelStone:
I'm not gonna lie...I miss Nigeria sometimes which makes me flirt with the idea of splitting my time there when my kids are older. I miss my family, my friends and the sense of community.

But then I remember lack of internet and electricity, horrific healthcare system, bad roads, bigotry, lack of value for human life, insecurity, police brutality, immense corruption, tribalism, crumbling or non-existent economy and a million other horrible things. This quickly resets my mind.

My solution which I'm currently working on is to bring my sisters and my best friend over to live in Sydney with me and make good living for themselves. Then I won't have any business with Nigeria anymore except to visit my parents every two years.

So to answer your question: no, nein, never!!!
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by promotervickky(m): 8:22pm On May 22, 2020
fieryy:

You are still looking at an old update.

For education, are you aware that Jamb student now use Computers to write their exams? Other than paper and biro?

I won't tell you the rest look further yourself, Nigeria is gradually advancing!!

I love to focus on little things that is working, I consider it a big achievement. That gives me hope.

Can anything good come out from Nazareth? Answer the rest.

cheers!!

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by EgunMogaji2: 8:22pm On May 22, 2020
amaniro:
If you have alot of money. Trust me you'll enjoy Nigeria! As for me I enjoy my life here in Nigeria

Aaammeeennnnn cheesy

She has a lot of issues but if you maintain yourself then she is good, really good.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by amaniro: 8:23pm On May 22, 2020
OP if you want to move in. I recommend one mad ass estate for you in Abuja. Abuja is the best place to live in Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Jahwinaboy(m): 8:23pm On May 22, 2020
ibkayee:

I'm not 'Nigerian' in the true sense, I agree

Though it's not that I'm not adaptive, I'm just used to basic human rights/amenities lol
Then u can help bring ur foreign ideas and Goodwill to the table for a better Nigeria. Nigeria must be great
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by pippimp(m): 8:23pm On May 22, 2020
Snaagg:

I plan to whenever hell freezes over or at the very least when they discover ice water.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by ismoney: 8:23pm On May 22, 2020
Worth reply again since the height defers.

God bless Nigeria.
sircatherine45:

I'm not a Christian, but God in His Holiness, hates rubbish. Very soon, this country will split, then you'll understand

I'm not an IPOB member FYI
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by sweetmelanin(f): 8:24pm On May 22, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Exactly, as you should. I post based on my own individual opinion. Not yours.

PS: I have never and would never work for a Chinese or Lebanese in Nigeria. I hire them to work for name instead wink

LOL. Stop lying sir.

7 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by amaniro: 8:24pm On May 22, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Aaammeeennnnn cheesy

She has a lot of issues but if you maintain yourself then she is good, really good.

Yes o. Abroad is not heaven. My sister is there and she tells me how she suffer from so much tax in UK. The truth is Every country have their various problems!

4 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by ismoney: 8:25pm On May 22, 2020
A height you don’t know and understand the depth, just be quiet over it.

God bless Nigeria.
Topmaike007:
be giving yourself false hope

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Keke NAPEP In Benin City Pictured / New Terminal Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport Commissioned By Buhari / Election: Aerial View Of 3rd Mainland Bridge Without Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.