Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,567 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown (62177 Views)

Pelumi Nubi, Driving From London To Lagos, Arrives Nigeria After 68 Days / American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) / Moving Back To Nigeria From USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Reinvented: 8:25pm On May 22, 2020
Nigeria...babu fa. I left a $75k job and took up a job of about N28m gross (Naira was about N280/$). Then boom ... Buhari and co pushed it to N500/$. My value came down to $57k. Upon no light, bad lagos roads and fear of kidnappers and armed robbery. No bi person tell me make I run back. But sha completed my small hut in case Oyibo chsnge their mind tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by StubbornGENIUS: 8:25pm On May 22, 2020
fieryy:

Oh, pleeeease nobody is talking about money. It's more than that. Nigeria doesn't offer the basic needs people should have in 2020. The infrastructure is nothing to write about and the health care system as well. That's just to name a few
Yes,Nigeria may have poor infrastructures and poor health care system.But What have you done to improve the status quo,apart from running away and making plans to take more with you?

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by afecgivers: 8:26pm On May 22, 2020
Mcslize:

Op has your visa expired? Come and join us. After all this is our mothers' land. We need people like you to come and have a taste of our golden paradise Nigeria.

We now have 24hrs light o. Have you heard? Our roads are all tide now and smooth to drive in. No more potholes. No more kidnapping. In fact, you can dress any how you want and walk the streets of Nigeria, no police man will term you yahoo boy for dressing nice.

We now have clean pipe borne water o. All streets are electrified. During this coronavirus, Nigeria government even gave all of us N150,000 as palliative. We are all living well now. no more kidnapping.

Bro, can you believe education is now free from Primary to University level? Our hospitals are now well equipped. In fact, politicians no longer travel abroad for treatment. Pls return, we will welcome you with open arms.

Happy arrival in advance!

Thank you for telling them the truth, when I tell them they often do not want to believe me. I entered electric train from Ibadan to Lagos and I snapped it and sent to a friend in Dubai, guess what! He couldnt believe it. I beg which hospital dem DEy manage your own madness? Because my doctor is calling me for Christmas food. We will talk when I sleep. Bye.

5 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by EgunMogaji2: 8:26pm On May 22, 2020
sweetmelanin:

LOL. Stop lying sir.

I've been hiring off shore coders in the USA most likely long before you were born. Do you tell your father not to lie too?

4 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by ismoney: 8:26pm On May 22, 2020
I know what I wrote and I know what I know. Don’t judge what you don’t understand now. God bless Nigeria.
Nairalandmonika:

Was Nigeria ever great.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by pippimp(m): 8:27pm On May 22, 2020
promotervickky:
You are all saying bullshit, I make good money from the Nigeria you people insult, they are others too that makes millions everyday.

I have friends with millions in their account, all made their money from home in Nigeria!!

I sell Cars, do you know how many people buy cars daily in Nigeria?

Why the rest countries are developed is because you carry the money you made in Nigeria and spend it there.

First they chop you for IELTS
Secondly settlement funds! And others. That is why they are leaving their country open for everyone, they just need your money.

Believe in your view of Nigeria if you wish, but don't paint it bad. If it's not working for you, it working for others period.

That's where the problem lies. You do realize that peace of mind is key to happiness right? What's the point of having all that money when you are not safe?

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by EgunMogaji2: 8:27pm On May 22, 2020
amaniro:

Yes o. Abroad is not heaven. My sister is there and she tells me how she suffer from so much tax in UK. The truth is Every country have their various problems!

I lived in the USA for 33 years continuously are, so I know what your Sister is saying.

Most of the blowhards on the thread were not even born when I left Nigeria. Maybe even their Papa never born sef grin

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by bayocanny: 8:27pm On May 22, 2020
Lislekelsey:

Errmmmm howwww? I'm trying to apply for visa 190 pr 491... I have 80 points. Minus nominations headache wan kill meeee. Must visa 491 applicant have a proof of employment? And do you think Victoria will nominate me with 80points to make 85? Plisss ehn ep me out with an answer. I've gone online sotay i have migraines.
boss, how far?
how Aussie parole be, make we rub mind
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 22, 2020
You be fool white ass licker bipolar bitch
JewelStone:
I'm not gonna lie...I miss Nigeria sometimes which makes me flirt with the idea of splitting my time there when my kids are older. I miss my family, my friends and the sense of community.

But then I remember lack of internet and electricity, horrific healthcare system, bad roads, bigotry, lack of value for human life, insecurity, police brutality, immense corruption, tribalism, crumbling or non-existent economy and a million other horrible things. This quickly resets my mind.

My solution which I'm currently working on is to bring my sisters and my best friend over to live in Sydney with me and make good living for themselves. Then I won't have any business with Nigeria anymore except to visit my parents every two years.

So to answer your question: no, nein, never!!!
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by pocohantas(f): 8:28pm On May 22, 2020
ibkayee:

Girrrrl, whenever I'm there and I'm faced with the unstable light issue I get sooooo mad.

Who told you to go to Ogbomoso? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by ibkayee(f): 8:28pm On May 22, 2020
Jahwinaboy:
Then u can help bring ur foreign ideas and Goodwill to the table for a better Nigeria. Nigeria must be great
I wouldn't mind living there if the standard living infrastructure were up to par, and when I say par I'm not asking for anything fancy, just don't be a sh*thole

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by sweetmelanin(f): 8:29pm On May 22, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I've been hiring off shore coders in the USA most likely long before you were born. Do you tell your father not to lie too?

Sure! Keep telling yourself lies .. 'Sir' cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by pippimp(m): 8:29pm On May 22, 2020
afecgivers:

Thank you for telling them the truth, when I tell them they often do not want to believe me. I entered electric train from Ibadan to Lagos and I snapped it and sent to a friend in Dubai, guess what! He couldnt believe it. I beg which hospital dem DEy manage your own madness? Because my doctor is calling me for Christmas food. We will talk when I sleep. Bye.

There is a difference between an "electric train" and an "eletrik train". What Nigeria has is the latter. wink

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by ibkayee(f): 8:29pm On May 22, 2020
pocohantas:

Who told you to go to Ogbomoso? grin grin

Lmao shebi I only went there to visit you grin grin

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by DAVE5(m): 8:29pm On May 22, 2020
urchcoded:
speak for yourself.

Hah, oga in every 10 Nigerians on the street, I'm sure 7 would like to run

I've never had that abroad dream but mehn, based on things I experience everyday, I'm buying the thought of running, this country no easy abeg

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 22, 2020
ibkayee:

Girrrrl, whenever I'm there and I'm faced with the unstable light issue I get sooooo mad.

Lol, not going to lie I would have gotten mad as well grin. I just can't imagine a day without electricity. My WiFi was fluctuating the other day and it drove me crazy. So me imagining having no electricity at all really does give me anxiety, especially during this corona period. All my classes are online biko

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by hustla(m): 8:30pm On May 22, 2020
JewelStone:
I'm not gonna lie...I miss Nigeria sometimes which makes me flirt with the idea of splitting my time there when my kids are older. I miss my family, my friends and the sense of community.

But then I remember lack of internet and electricity, horrific healthcare system, bad roads, bigotry, lack of value for human life, insecurity, police brutality, immense corruption, tribalism, crumbling or non-existent economy and a million other horrible things. This quickly resets my mind.

My solution which I'm currently working on is to bring my sisters and my best friend over to live in Sydney with me and make good living for themselves. Then I won't have any business with Nigeria anymore except to visit my parents every two years.

So to answer your question: no, nein, never!!!

Exactly what I will do in the future smiley
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 22, 2020
They key to success in Nigeria is a global mindset don’t just cater to Nigerians some may even bring you down with their you cannot be successful mentality some will even enter bush for your matter

The country has promise but leadership prefers to take from Peter to pay Paul right down to some financial institutions think global and you will see that not everyone is a scammer but everyone sha wants to be comfortable and not owing

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by okeyben10: 8:31pm On May 22, 2020
[quote author=JewelStone post=89755701][/quote]

Tot about you and while ago.
Was wondering if everything was OK.
Long time.good to c you're kicking.

I miss your cooking

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Jahwinaboy(m): 8:31pm On May 22, 2020
ibkayee:

I wouldn't mind living there if the standard living infrastructure were up to par, and when I say par I'm not asking for anything fancy, just don't be a sh*thole
that's great, u can live in Abuja, Lagos, PH within their GRAs(Govt, Residential areas).It will be a great honor to have u back home after...how many years?
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 22, 2020
promotervickky:

You are still looking at an old update.

For education, are you aware that Jamb student now use Computers to write their exams? Other than paper and biro?

I won't tell you the rest look further yourself, Nigeria is gradually advancing!!

I love to focus on little things that is working, I consider it a big achievement. That gives me hope.

Can anything good come out from Nazareth? Answer the rest.

cheers!!

So you want me to move back because jamb students now use computers to write their exams? grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by sircatherine45(m): 8:32pm On May 22, 2020
ismoney:
I know what I wrote and I know what I know. Don’t judge what you don’t understand now. God bless Nigeria.

ask him again
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by pacificom: 8:32pm On May 22, 2020
There is nowhere like home. Nigeria offers you favourable climate, delicious foods, fantastic entertainment, and civil liberty. It is ignorant that make my people to devote their loyalty to foreign countries where they are regarded as second class citizens over their own fatherland.

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by ibkayee(f): 8:32pm On May 22, 2020
fieryy:

Lol, not going to lie I would have gotten mad as well grin. I just can't imagine a day without electricity. My WiFi was fluctuating the other day and it drove me crazy. So me imagining having no electricity at all really does give me anxiety, especially during this corona period. All my classes are online biko
I get so mad because it doesn't need to be that way in the 21st century

I sha get angry with slow internet grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by sunboy(m): 8:33pm On May 22, 2020
OP: are you living in Somalia ?
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Investnow2017: 8:33pm On May 22, 2020
fairfora:
funny you. We see and reason differently you know?. Have you ever wondered while any foreigner who has entered Nigeria would hardly leave? Why an indian, a Chinese with one pair of trousers and a luggage would end up a billionaire and invite more of his people instead of leaving and later hire you guys and be paying you peanuts?Think about it.

Have you sat them down to ask them why? I once asked my Argentine colleague back then why he misses Nigeria each time he was going on vacation, and his reply. "All the nonsense that I do here and get away with, if I attempt them in my country I will be jailed". Example? He continued "Here in Portharcourt, I can drive against the traffic, all I need do is give a traffic police N100 and off I go". He even added "when I needed a driver's licence, it was right here in my office it was delivered by a Road Safety officer, who never asked if I had ever touched a car steering".

If those are the reasons the Indians and Chinese are staying in Nigeria, are those good reasons? I am just asking because I hate self-deceit.

9 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 22, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
Yes,Nigeria may have poor infrastructures and poor health care system.But What have you done to improve the status quo,apart from running away and making plans to take more with you?

I owe Nigeria nothing, zero, nil, especially since it has provided me with nothing.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:34pm On May 22, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
Op you made a mistake it's a typo error
You want to say -
Which country will you be traveling to after the pandemic
Kai that is disrespectful and insulting to the word "traveling"

The appropriate word in this context is "migrating"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Plane Carrying Coronavirus Supplies To Japan Crashes & Explodes, Eight Dead / Man Cries Out After Seeing Overload Vehicle, Says "Road Safety Wont See This Now / Yobe Deputy Governor's Son, Two Others Die In Road Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.