Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly (41650 Views)

I Finished My Salary Before 24hrs (picture) / Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary / Appointment Terminated Unjustly And The Staff Asked To Refund Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Angelacruz: 3:48pm On May 20, 2020
U nailed it
Saintbusco1:
if all men achieve the "Master" role, who will now serve as the servant?

No king without chiefs

1 Like

Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Halo22: 3:48pm On May 20, 2020
Well I advise you go have one on one discussion with him after u must have finished serving ur suspension and explain to him the negative effects of such chemicals on ur health. Most company and factory owners are very autocratic and dictatorial and probably u have not met him officially over the allergy u have to such chemicals.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by NowisGod109(f): 3:48pm On May 20, 2020
Saintbusco1:

No king without chiefs

Even the servants are not loyal, they're not ready to serve...I see them everywhere when you ask them to do this, they will say, they're not employed to do that, when you call them, they ignore your calls and be laughing in the background since they know you want to send them...lol

God help us

2 Likes

Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Malawian(m): 3:56pm On May 20, 2020
So what exactly do you do for the company?
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 20, 2020
PhenomenalAustin:
I'm sorry for bothering you all but please hear me out.

I'm posting this on behalf of my uncle.

I was working in a company, and was being paid 40,000 a month not including other allowances. A new company called me to work with them as an Officiator and we negotiated a salary of 60,000.

Both companies produce the same products.

They agreed to pay and I resigned from the other company. I started my new job in Oct. last year and was paid all through Oct., Nov. and Dec.

Earlier this year, January precisely, I had a little issue with my boss. The misunderstanding was that I complained to him that the chemicals we use during productions was adversely affecting me. In the previous company where I worked, I didn't work during the production of the products as I was allergic to the chemicals used.

On a working day, during the time for production, he asked me to join in the production but I politely reminded him about my allergies to the chemicals being used. He commanded me while shouting that I should go back and work. I normally have heart burns, dizziness and severe migraines when I'm exposed to these chemicals.
I left during production as the chemical adversely affected me.

The next day, he came and asked if I had finished the work he commanded me to do the previous day. I apologised to him that I didn't because of the chemicals rxns which he knew about. He didn't say anything but from his body language, I thought everything was alright.

I returned the following day, only to receive a 2-week suspension notice. I was surprised and asked about my offense which the General manager told me, the boss was really pissed and so mad at me which I also explained to the GM and he was really surprised as I did no wrong. Nonetheless, he advised I serve my suspension sentence.

After suspension, I was given a review of my salary and my salary was slashed by 20,000 to 40,000 because of the issue...

I was really confused and bewildered because out of the revised 40,000 I receive per month, the company takes 15,000 out of it for my rent loan...

I've been apologising while also pleading with my boss to reconsider his decision as I'm a family man and 25,000 realistically, will not be sufficient for I and my family. He hasn't yet changed his stance.

I'm so confused, please I need your opinions, suggestions and help whatsoever..

I'm sorry for bothering you.. Thanks

Please help me out please... My uncle is really down at the moment...

Thanks!

on what qrounds were the aqreement to take up the new job established?!

"- with or without your involvement in the production, you would still be paid the 60k"?!
"- you would be entitled to 60k only if you're part of the production crew"?!

if it's the latter, the case isn't far-fetched, settle for the 40k, afterall you weren't involved in the production in the former company as well!
The pay cut is the price to pay for your qood health and maintainance of sanity.

Buhh if the former is the case, which perhaps was the pushinq'factor that made you wanna challenge the salary review, maybe sortinq the issue out "legally" would do!
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 20, 2020
It's not easy being a salary earner. You hardly see a boss who don't act like a tyrant. I'll advise you not to keep that job at the expense of your health.(Safety First). From your account, your boss must have made enquiry about your previous job which is not unusual about any employer. He is just trying to cheat you. Try to resolve this quickly. Write a letter of complaint and then explain verbally and vociferously.
You can't be blamed for leaving your previous job as looking for greener pastures isn't bad. But "the grass is greener where you water the ground"
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Fairview1: 4:07pm On May 20, 2020
National Industrial Court comes to mind. That's I'd you have done what the 4the commenter said.

PhenomenalAustin:

I was working in a company, and was being paid 40,000 a month not including other allowances. A new company called me to work with them as an Officiator and we negotiated a salary of 60,000.

They agreed to pay and I resigned from the other company. I started my new job in Oct. last year and was paid all through Oct., Nov. and Dec.

Earlier this year, January precisely, I had a little issue with my boss. The misunderstanding was that I complained to him that the chemicals we use during productions was adversely affecting me. In the previous company where I worked, I didn't work during the production of the products as I was allergic to the chemicals used.

On a working day, during the time for production, he asked me to join in the production but I politely reminded him about my allergies to the chemicals being used. He commanded me while shouting that I should go back and work. I normally have heart burns, dizziness and severe migraines when I'm exposed to these chemicals.

The next day, he came and asked if I had finished the work he commanded me to do the previous day. I apologised to him that I didn't because of the chemicals rxns which he knew about. He didn't say anything but from his body language, I thought everything was alright.

I returned the following day, only to receive a 2-week suspension notice. I was surprised and asked about my offense which the General manager told me, the boss was really pissed and so mad at me which I also explained to the GM and he was really surprised as I did no wrong. Nonetheless, he advised I serve my suspension sentence.

After suspension, I was given a review of my salary and my salary was slashed by 20,000 to 40,000 because of the issue...

I was really confused and bewildered because out of the revised 40,000 I receive per month, the company takes 15,000 out of it for my rent loan...

I've been apologising while also pleading with my boss to reconsider his decision as I'm a family man and 25,000 realistically, will not be sufficient for I and my family. He hasn't yet changed his stance.

Thanks!
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 20, 2020
Private job!!! grin not surprise
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by TheVictorious(m): 4:11pm On May 20, 2020
HELLO FRIEND, PLS GET A MEDICAL REPORT STATING YOUR ALLERGY, AND THEN USE IT TO WRITE TO THE COMPANY SEEKING TO CHANGE THE CONDITIONS OF YOUR WORK IN A WAY THAT WILL MAKE YOU MEET YOUR DAILY/WEEKLY/MONTHLY JOB TARGETS, WHILE STILL KEEPING YOUR HEALTH.

I'm an HR personnel and yes, the boss has taken advantage of you but I'm sorry to say that there's nothing you can do at this point since there's nothing binding. And believe me, all you plea and apology mean nothing, since they're not officially communicated.

The solution is to now take your problems with your boss from informal (where it favors him) to formal where your interest can be protected.

You could reach out to me if you need support, I'd be willing and ready to fight this to the end, at no expense.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:24pm On May 20, 2020
PhenomenalAustin:

Thanks!

What are the responsibilities of an officiator? Does it include joining in the production?

If yes, then I am sorry that there is nothing you can do about it.

In the firm where I work, one of the responsibilities of my position is to cover gaps that may stall internal control. For a while, someone else has been doing this. I know it is my responsibility but since my employers did not tinker with positions, we continue to operate that way.

But should I ever be called to assume that role, I would know that it is not an added responsibility.

Now to your case, if that responsibility is attached to your role, then don't assume that because you are allergic to the company's type of chemical, then you will be excused.

The company would weigh your cost against your benefit to the company, and if they find a huge disparity that does not favor the company, they will fire you and get an officiator who does not have a problem joining the production if it would cut cost and maximize profit.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Techydude: 4:25pm On May 20, 2020
PhenomenalAustin:

Thanks!

Instead of being stuck at a 40k/60k Job. You need to apply yourself and do one of the two things below.

1. Your company manufactures a product. Look for a way to plug yourself into the supply chain of raw materials required by your company. You're already in the industry and you have knowledge of who needs what and where to source from. No matter how small.

2. Look for a way to plug yourself into d retail or wholesale supply of your company products to end users or retailers. Again, you've spent a number of years in that line of work and finding the right market for either retail or wholesale shouldn't be too hard.

You might have to start small but you'll be easily surprised at how quickly you'll make your salary without exposing yourself to dangerous chemicals or having your salary subjected to somebody's whims.

You can't raise a family with this kind of Job. This is poverty starring you in the face. Be a man and put on your thinking cap. You can do so much more than what you're earning @ d moment.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by louiziana(m): 4:27pm On May 20, 2020
Just tell your boss you need a gas mask or get one so you wont inhale the harmful chemicals.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by sisisioge: 4:30pm On May 20, 2020
Start looking for another job biko.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Asour: 4:37pm On May 20, 2020
iLegendd:
If you know you have lots of responsibilities or will have lots of responsibilities, try to be a master at all cost — legally.

If you know you won't have any responsibility in life and all money you make is for you and you alone till the end of time, then be a slave.

Just be a master first and don't worry about others yet.

True. But what you're proposing is obvious isn't it?

What the Op is looking for is a solution. A practicable one. Not to be told why he is such a predicament.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by joefelin2345: 4:41pm On May 20, 2020
TheVictorious:
HELLO FRIEND, PLS GET A MEDICAL REPORT STATING YOUR ALLERGY, AND THEN USE IT TO WRITE TO THE COMPANY SEEKING TO CHANGE THE CONDITIONS OF YOUR WORK IN A WAY THAT WILL MAKE YOU MEET YOUR DAILY/WEEKLY/MONTHLY JOB TARGETS, WHILE STILL KEEPING YOUR HEALTH.

I'm an HR personnel and yes, the boss has taken advantage of you but I'm sorry to say that there's nothing you can do at this point since there's nothing binding. And believe me, all you plea and apology mean nothing, since they're not officially communicated.

The solution is to now take your problems with your boss from informal (where it favors him) to formal where your interest can be protected.

You could reach out to me if you need support, I'd be willing and ready to fight this to the end, at no expense.

Cheers
Oga as a HR colleague, I would advice you get the facts right before taking up the fight on his behalf otherwise he could backfired and you could be reported to your Profession regulatory body (if you belong to one) for meddling on issue that doesn't concern you. From experience, that guy was poached from his formal organisation based on assumption that he would be an asset to the new company only to be discovered that he does not merit what he claimed he could do. Which organisation would increase his previously earning by 50% without high expectation to justify his employ?. This is a food for thought my brother/sister.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 20, 2020
joefelin2345:
Oga as a HR colleague, I would advice you get the facts right before taking up the fight on his behalf otherwise he could backfired and you could be reported to your Profession regulatory body (if you belong to one) for meddling on issue that doesn't concern you. From experience, that guy was poached from his formal organisation based on assumption that he would be an asset to the new company only to be discovered that he does not merit what he claimed he could do. Which organisation would increase his previously earning by 50% without high expectation to justify his employ?. This is a food for thought my brother/sister.

Thanks for enlightened the information. This is just what I said indirectly. The guy painted the picture of an utility player at his former employment. The new company employed him as an asset and not a liability. They employed him as a driver and not as a passenger but found they made a mistake based on what he presented to them.

He is being economical with the truth. He is not the only officiator working in the production line and none is receiving 60K. 2. No Medical test 3. He never told the CEO he is allergic to the Chemical during interview. 4 During probation his employment could be terminated without notice if he is found unsuitable for the post he is employed.

The only advantage from legal point is the inability of the company to carry out medical test during interview. If he goes to public hospital (UCH, LUTH, etc) now to collect medical paper exempting him from production line, he can claim he was healthy at the point of joining the company but his health deteriorated as a result of the work environment. For 60K it does not worth it. If it is oil company or telecom or bank where millions are involved, Festus Keyamo chamber or Ebun Adegoruwa chamber has seen a juicy case.

We (employers & employees) have learned from this discussion.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by famzynet: 5:21pm On May 20, 2020
Start looking for another job. Once they slash salary and go free with it,there is a tendency to repeat it in the future.
That job is not the end of your life. Something better will come up.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by AmazingELixir: 5:25pm On May 20, 2020
shocked shocked shocked

OP sorry to ask ooh..are a saying a family of 3 or more can survive on N45k a month, that is before the deduction..?
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Amdoyin(m): 5:29pm On May 20, 2020
Naija246:
nah you get company? undecided
See talk ooo.
Oga if the work don tire you go start your own business grin
Werey grin
Oboy . you harsh oo
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by topstone4: 5:41pm On May 20, 2020
1030:
You can not earn 100% of your salary as long as you were placed on suspension.

If by the end of the month same amount of 40,000 less Housing loan is paid,you can fall back to your appointment letter where terms of employment and renumeration is clearly defined and seek for legal action against the company.

Where will he get the money to hire a lawyer?
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by topstone4: 5:47pm On May 20, 2020
NwaNimo1:
I would have done the same.......lazy so and so

Imagine you having all the health issues listed there and someone asks you to play around with chemicals. How will you feel? Or are your feeling and senses too dead to affect your reasoning?
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by OasisT: 6:18pm On May 20, 2020
Sorry for the pains. The company has not done anything wrong base on what you narrated. The problem was all about expectations from your uncle by the company and these expectations necessitated the pay and these included but not limited to what he was doing before and when the company discovered he could not meet up the expectations , they hid under weakness of your uncle to achieve their target.

The Solution

He should resolve it politically, increase his productivity level and make himself indispensable in the operations/ system. If he can do these stated tasks , they will pay him more than the 60k.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by mullerman: 6:21pm On May 20, 2020
Bosses hate rejection but your health is very very important too,my advice is just to make peace with your oga because taking things far will not assist the situation on ground except you have another job waiting you, manage the work at hand first then pursuit another.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by talk2dace(m): 6:21pm On May 20, 2020
My.brother I feel so sorry for your current situation. Usually we consider so little before taking a new job;

1. simply because there is a slight hike in pay.
2. Not minding if an internal condition of service is available or not and what is contained there in.

If your health condition(I.e. rxns to the chemical) was not taken into consideration and documented when you were taken up the job offer, I would advise you to see a doctor and get a medical report un that regard, make a passionate appeal and attach the report to it. Also, if your boss is not the overall boss look for other influencers in the company to help you.

You must have learnt your lesson

Good luck Bro!

PhenomenalAustin:

Thanks!
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by ceevee2003: 6:33pm On May 20, 2020
Saintbusco1:

No king without chiefs
wise words

1 Like

Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by OsuIgboIpob: 6:37pm On May 20, 2020
iLegendd:
This is a master and slave issue.

All men should vow to be masters, not slaves.
Some of you just like disgracing your generation with senselessness and idiocy...
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:37pm On May 20, 2020
Jokerman:

But you would still employ people to work in your private business too

NAA, I think he'll rather be jobless or own a shop throughout his life and never have anyone work for him.

Thanks for asking him that

1 Like

Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Jokerman(m): 6:58pm On May 20, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

NAA, I think he'll rather be jobless or own a shop throughout his life and never have anyone work for him.

Thanks for asking him that

Lol... Many of them don't know what employers go through especially upcoming businesses...
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Richie77: 7:01pm On May 20, 2020
It's well .
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Akhigbeblog(m): 7:12pm On May 20, 2020
olamidedivotee:
go and read iLegend book
Please can you give me link to on how to download it, or you can quote me so I'd give you my email address and send me the PDF file
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Sleeky2020(m): 7:23pm On May 20, 2020
You salary was slashed as a result of the suspension. Let's do this

40000/28day=1,429

1,420*14days= 20,000

60,000-20,000 =40,000

So i think after the current month you will be paid your complete salary but be careful.

Use appropriate PPE why carrying out your job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sade Adenuga Is Now A Barrister & Solicitor Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria / Two Workers Caught On CCTV Performing Rituals In Office (video) / This 24-year-old Makes Millions Playing FIFA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.