Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly (41622 Views)

I Finished My Salary Before 24hrs (picture) / Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary / Appointment Terminated Unjustly And The Staff Asked To Refund Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by sylve11: 7:27pm On May 20, 2020
iLegendd:
If you know you have lots of responsibilities or will have lots of responsibilities, try to be a master at all cost — legally.

If you know you won't have any responsibility in life and all money you make is for you and you alone till the end of time, then be a slave.

Just be a master first and don't worry about others yet.

hmmm cool
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Openbusiness: 7:59pm On May 20, 2020
miketayo:

Seems u quoted me without understanding my comment.
Lemme use ur example, if I take a driving job but I made it known to my employer that I am not a mechanic and can't fix the car Incase it breaks down, he has no right to make me fix the car.
If his employers know he has allergies for the product and employed him regardless he has a very strong case under the labour acts of Nigeria.
Your example doesn't make sense. Which employer will hire a driver to drive a car, then when it breaks down ask the driver to turn to mechanic and fix it? Nobody does that, because it's not the driver's job to be a mechanic. Unless in special rare circumstances where the employers from the beginning of the hiring process specifically stated they want a driver with mechanic experience or that has mechanic trade test etc, so essentially in that casez it is part of his job and it was stated in the job offer. So this your example is not an example at all. Someone was employed to work in a chemical factory, he knows it's part of his job to handle some chemicals, yet he is forming stupid sense claiming he is allergic, so why can't he wear face mask and continue his job? No, he wants special treatment and special exemption from doing certain work because he is a fuxking lazy man, yet he wants to collect full salary. What kind of rubbish is that. Have you being to bank bulk room? Do you know some of the tellers are allergic to dust, some tellers that are asthmatic, but do they now say the bank should give them exemption from counting money? No! They wear dust cover on their nose and continue the work. That's a serious employee that has sense and wants to work, a employee that values his salary. Not this one that is forming big boy claiming allergic, he should gan work for his father company naw and do whatever he likes there or setup his own company. If everybnody wants to be forming allergic and looking for exemption, how will company function well? So company should be paying full salary to someone doing half his work schedule? His boss is nice walai. If you try am with some employers, guy na sack straight without pay sef, and nothing his jupiter can do abou reet
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Legendguru: 8:34pm On May 20, 2020
Boss shitt. Bullshit walks
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by goldmatrix(m): 8:41pm On May 20, 2020
..look for another work immediately. You are already out of that company.

But come to think of it how can a man with family work for 40k monthly salary. How do you explain that to your in-laws?
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by bigman001(m): 8:45pm On May 20, 2020
PhenomenalAustin:
I'm sorry for bothering you all but please hear me out.

I'm posting this on behalf of my uncle.

I was working in a company, and was being paid 40,000 a month not including other allowances. A new company called me to work with them as an Officiator and we negotiated a salary of 60,000.

Both companies produce the same products.

They agreed to pay and I resigned from the other company. I started my new job in Oct. last year and was paid all through Oct., Nov. and Dec.

Earlier this year, January precisely, I had a little issue with my boss. The misunderstanding was that I complained to him that the chemicals we use during productions was adversely affecting me. In the previous company where I worked, I didn't work during the production of the products as I was allergic to the chemicals used.

On a working day, during the time for production, he asked me to join in the production but I politely reminded him about my allergies to the chemicals being used. He commanded me while shouting that I should go back and work. I normally have heart burns, dizziness and severe migraines when I'm exposed to these chemicals.
I left during production as the chemical adversely affected me.

The next day, he came and asked if I had finished the work he commanded me to do the previous day. I apologised to him that I didn't because of the chemicals rxns which he knew about. He didn't say anything but from his body language, I thought everything was alright.

I returned the following day, only to receive a 2-week suspension notice. I was surprised and asked about my offense which the General manager told me, the boss was really pissed and so mad at me which I also explained to the GM and he was really surprised as I did no wrong. Nonetheless, he advised I serve my suspension sentence.

After suspension, I was given a review of my salary and my salary was slashed by 20,000 to 40,000 because of the issue...

I was really confused and bewildered because out of the revised 40,000 I receive per month, the company takes 15,000 out of it for my rent loan...

I've been apologising while also pleading with my boss to reconsider his decision as I'm a family man and 25,000 realistically, will not be sufficient for I and my family. He hasn't yet changed his stance.

I'm so confused, please I need your opinions, suggestions and help whatsoever..

I'm sorry for bothering you.. Thanks

Please help me out please... My uncle is really down at the moment...

Thanks!

Seems your company is yet to adhere to HSE Policy? how is the safety of the workers within the environment? you can confirm on how you can deal with this issue if you have someone vast about the policy and how you can use it for your advantage .
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by bigman001(m): 8:46pm On May 20, 2020
goldmatrix:

But come to think of it how can a man with family work for 40k monthly salary. How do you explain that to your in-laws?

Thank God for your life and leave his in-law out of it.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by TheVictorious(m): 8:53pm On May 20, 2020
joefelin2345:
Oga as a HR colleague, I would advice you get the facts right before taking up the fight on his behalf otherwise he could backfired and you could be reported to your Profession regulatory body (if you belong to one) for meddling on issue that doesn't concern you. From experience, that guy was poached from his formal organisation based on assumption that he would be an asset to the new company only to be discovered that he does not merit what he claimed he could do. Which organisation would increase his previously earning by 50% without high expectation to justify his employ?. This is a food for thought my brother/sister.

Did you even read my reply to understand it bro??
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by goldmatrix(m): 8:58pm On May 20, 2020
bigman001:

Thank God for your life and leave his in-law out of it.

That was the joke side of it. Don't take it personal.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by miketayo(m): 9:46pm On May 20, 2020
Openbusiness:

Your example doesn't make sense. Which employer will hire a driver to drive a car, then when it breaks down ask the driver to turn to mechanic and fix it? Nobody does that, because it's not the driver's job to be a mechanic. Unless in special rare circumstances where the employers from the beginning of the hiring process specifically stated they want a driver with mechanic experience or that has mechanic trade test etc, so essentially in that casez it is part of his job and it was stated in the job offer. So this your example is not an example at all. Someone was employed to work in a chemical factory, he knows it's part of his job to handle some chemicals, yet he is forming stupid sense claiming he is allergic, so why can't he wear face mask and continue his job? No, he wants special treatment and special exemption from doing certain work because he is a fuxking lazy man, yet he wants to collect full salary. What kind of rubbish is that. Have you being to bank bulk room? Do you know some of the tellers are allergic to dust, some tellers that are asthmatic, but do they now say the bank should give them exemption from counting money? No! They wear dust cover on their nose and continue the work. That's a serious employee that has sense and wants to work, a employee that values his salary. Not this one that is forming big boy claiming allergic, he should gan work for his father company naw and do whatever he likes there or setup his own company. If everybnody wants to be forming allergic and looking for exemption, how will company function well? So company should be paying full salary to someone doing half his work schedule? His boss is nice walai. If you try am with some employers, guy na sack straight without pay sef, and nothing his jupiter can do abou reet

So you typed all these gibberish without making a point or addressing my point.
If his boss knew about his allergies before employing him or if the working during production isn't included in his job description he has a strong case.
You are clearly one of those people that will sign a slave contract in the name of having a job that doesn't pay well with a terrible management.
If he dies due to complications from d chemicals, someone else will take his spot tomorrow like nothing happened. Your health and security should be prioritized over any job.

1 Like

Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by madgoat(m): 11:23pm On May 20, 2020
PhenomenalAustin:

I was working in a company, and was being paid 40,000 a month not including other allowances. A new company called me to work with them as an Officiator and we negotiated a salary of 60,000.

They agreed to pay and I resigned from the other company. I started my new job in Oct. last year and was paid all through Oct., Nov. and Dec.

Earlier this year, January precisely, I had a little issue with my boss. The misunderstanding was that I complained to him that the chemicals we use during productions was adversely affecting me. In the previous company where I worked, I didn't work during the production of the products as I was allergic to the chemicals used.

On a working day, during the time for production, he asked me to join in the production but I politely reminded him about my allergies to the chemicals being used. He commanded me while shouting that I should go back and work. I normally have heart burns, dizziness and severe migraines when I'm exposed to these chemicals.

The next day, he came and asked if I had finished the work he commanded me to do the previous day. I apologised to him that I didn't because of the chemicals rxns which he knew about. He didn't say anything but from his body language, I thought everything was alright.

I returned the following day, only to receive a 2-week suspension notice. I was surprised and asked about my offense which the General manager told me, the boss was really pissed and so mad at me which I also explained to the GM and he was really surprised as I did no wrong. Nonetheless, he advised I serve my suspension sentence.

After suspension, I was given a review of my salary and my salary was slashed by 20,000 to 40,000 because of the issue...

I was really confused and bewildered because out of the revised 40,000 I receive per month, the company takes 15,000 out of it for my rent loan...

I've been apologising while also pleading with my boss to reconsider his decision as I'm a family man and 25,000 realistically, will not be sufficient for I and my family. He hasn't yet changed his stance.

Thanks!

Seems u dont value ur life. If u die at that company, u will be replaced within a week. Better make the right choice and stay alive for ur family
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Openbusiness: 12:17am On May 21, 2020
miketayo:

[s]So you typed all these gibberish without making a point or addressing my point.
If his boss knew about his allergies before employing him or if the working during production isn't included in his job description he has a strong case.
You are clearly one of those people that will sign a slave contract in the name of having a job that doesn't pay well with a terrible management.
If he dies due to complications from d chemicals, someone else will take his spot tomorrow like nothing happened. Your health and security should be prioritized over any job.[/s]
You made zero sense again. Shifting goal post with no single logic. If this, if that, if if if, mehn nothing but bullshit. If he dies of chemicals, he died because he is a fool, not because of the chemicals, because he can wear face mask. Because for a fact, not an if imagination, he himself knows he has an allergy, so why did he take a job in a company that he knows deals on substance he is allergic to? Why? But he is looking for special privileges and exemption that reduces his designated work load. Ok, no problem, Mr oga, we won't let you touch chemicals again or do chemical work, so you're now working at 70% capacity and will get 70% pay. Mumu still dey complain again. I've never done slave contract before in my life and will never do it, cuz people like me have the big balls to quit a job if it doesn't suit me, instead of staying there and crying like a little bitch all day and trying to stir up rebellion among other employees. Workers like you are nothing but lazy opportunists that have close to nothing to offer yet you want the biggest pay. Oga go form your own company and do whatever u like, and pay your workers 100% salary for doing 20% work, na your problem b DAT.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Chicent(m): 2:25am On May 21, 2020
Sleeky2020:
You salary was slashed as a result of the suspension. Let's do this

40000/28day=1,429

1,420*14days= 20,000

60,000-20,000 =40,000

So i think after the current month you will be paid your complete salary but be careful.

Use appropriate PPE why carrying out your job.

Yes it was sadly.... But he said he got a letter f9r a further review of his salary which makes it worst. That's the problem I guess
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:09am On May 21, 2020
Saintbusco1:
if all men achieve the "Master" role, who will now serve as the servant?

No king without chiefs
Would you accept to be a slave even if you have the chance to be a master?
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Saintbusco1(m): 11:29am On May 21, 2020
MetalJigsaw:
Would you accept to be a slave even if you have the chance to be a master?
after I accept the "master" offer... Most definitely I will have servant serving under me... If you still can't decode my plight am sorry
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by josite: 12:16pm On May 21, 2020
you excused yourself from lawful duty and you expect everythig to go all right.when u know you are allergic to anything that the compnay produces.why did you not make it a condition before accepting the job that u will be excused and have that understanding reduced in writing,in my own opinion ,i will just sack u if u refuse my instruction to do any thing lawful.

take it and go look for another job
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Brandconsultany: 12:41pm On May 21, 2020
Please can I use only my voter's ID card to open an approved Payoneer account? Please help out with reasonable information.

07067528451(WhatsApp)
Thanks...
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by olamidedivotee(f): 6:29pm On May 21, 2020
Akhigbeblog:

Please can you give me link to on how to download it, or you can quote me so I'd give you my email address and send me the PDF file
Check ILegendd signature
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:07pm On May 21, 2020
Saintbusco1:
after I accept the "master" offer... Most definitely I will have servant serving under me... If you still can't decode my plight am sorry
contradicted yourself
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by jesmond3945: 10:00am On May 22, 2020
PhenomenalAustin:

Thanks!
Go and buy mask. show him the mask, tell him you are ready to work.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by josite: 11:10am On May 26, 2020
goldmatrix:

it is not the quantum,it is the blessing ofGOD on that 40k,teachers build mansions where lawyers cannot.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by ArcToyin(m): 8:09pm On May 29, 2020
PhenomenalAustin:

Thanks!

Let him not bother about it because it wont change the mind of his boss. He should just look unto God for a better replacement. God will rise for his case.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Jaxx123: 2:51pm On May 25, 2021
MAKE $1,000 WITHIN TWO WEEK IN THIS POWERFUL PROGRAM

READ THIS ARTICLE IF YOU HAVE NOT MAKE AT LEAST $1000 ONLINE BECAUSE YOU WILL MAKE IT NOW!

Having multiple streams of income is no longer an option, but a necessity.

Am inviting you to a proven system that works!

Welcome to The Infinity Processing System.

IPS is a brand new success system that allows you to stop trading time for money with fun and more freedom.

Even as a newbie, its super simple, step by steps guide processes for making commissions that create a life changing income online using highly converting proven template making it super simple to earn 100% commission that can change your financial situations for good directly into your account.

Stop wasting money on shinning objects, collecting tool that doesn’t work.

Start making more money to pay your bills with this proven method of making money from home.

IPS is direct global sales opportunities that only require a smart phone or your laptop.

All you need is an internet for your training anytime, anywhere in the world.
Stop struggling!!!

I know how it feels, have been there, 95% people quit online before getting to their success.

Start earning payments each and every time via proven written ads on social media.

No tech skills needed. Stop cold calling, stop budging of friends and family.

All resources are packed in different levels.

It’s a onetime payment program, no monthly fee, and live webinar with no additional payments.

This system has changed my life and many others that embrace this brand new opportunity.

I NEVER KNOW I CAN BE HERE TODAY.

ALL GLORY TO ALMIGHTY GOD
JOIN US IN THIS BY FOLLOWING THE LINK BELOW

https://limitlessfreedom.me/be-your-own-boss-and-make-money-without-no-limit-copy?fbclid=IwAR1UICNDE8np4ms4AhoqjT462Qt1rCI7ccxWcVWwNQP5PXZVTFuQfnVBvV8
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by TosinGeorge: 4:20pm On May 25, 2021
ENERGY TALENT PROGRAM

Applications for June 2021 Cohort is currently open and we are inviting you to apply!
The Energy Talent Program (ETP) is a 24-month career development and job placement program that trains promising and talented STEM graduates to build successful careers in the Nigerian Solar industry.

ETP has been carefully designed by foremost learning expert and dedicated consultants who are keen on supporting your personal development and career growth as a Solar energy professional. The program offers a blended learning approach that harnesses a mix of online and offline training sessions, including a strong support system that ensures that you are adequately skilled for the global RE market. You will gain practical and technical experience working across projects in the solar industry.
At the end of the 2-year program, You will become a highly-trained and competent specialist ready to contribute to empowering the renewable energy (RE) industry, starting from Africa. At this point, You can decide to continue with the solar company you have been placed with or leave to start an enterprise. The ultimate goal is to raise the next generation of leaders that will transform the RE industry in the next three decades.

Only individuals who are passionate about making an impact in the RE energy industry can apply!

Application link: www.energytalentco.com/talent.html
Deadline: June 12, 2021

Kindly note that you must have completed NYSC before the program commences.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sade Adenuga Is Now A Barrister & Solicitor Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria / This 24-year-old Makes Millions Playing FIFA / Victor Agunbiade: US Navy Honours Nigerian Officer For Accountability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.