Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos (42984 Views)

NNS Kada: Nigerian Navy's New Landing Ship Arrives Lagos (Pictures) / Osinbajo Commissions The Falcon Eye Project At The Naval Headquarters, Abuja / Construction Of NNS Karaduwa (P102): Nigeria's Second Indigenously Built Gunboat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by GamalNasser: 8:35pm On May 20, 2020
jln115:
what? No bro the Argentinian Navy also operate the Meko 360 which is what the NNS Aradu is....but in Argentina they are called Almirante Brown class destroyer

Secondly Destroyerers are not faster in actual fact they slower... Also classification is different from country to country however traditionally classification was based of tonnage and armament not length.

However in modern times weapon systems are getting smaller and more efficient hence why ships are getting smaller... This is the reason why we don't see Cruisers and Battleships anymore as they are basically obsolete.

Just to give you an example of how well armed Frigates are today:

MEKO 200 Frigate(operated by the Algerian and SA has 16ASMs, 32SAMs, 127mm/76mm gun and 2x triple torpedo tubes.... They are basically just as well armed as any Destroyer like the Hobert class or F125 class.

Also modern destroyers very rarely have a length of 160m... I would say on average modern day destroyers are around 150m

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by NuclearGodzilla: 8:41pm On May 20, 2020
Thetruthalways:

I don't need it as i don't comment for people to like...now adays if you notice stupidity is being celebrated most soooo i don't care
Okay, I have thought about it and dashed you one like.
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 20, 2020
GamalNasser:
Ok then let's quickly debunk your wiki page:

Meko 200 frigate: 32 knots
Hobert class destroyer: 28 knots
De Zeven Provinciën-class frigate: 30 knots
Arleigh Burke-class destroyer: 30 knots
Zumwalt-class destroyer:30 knots
Álvaro de Bazán class frigate 28.5 knots
Iver Huitfeldt-class frigate: 30 knots
Chungmugong Yi Sun-sin-class destroyer: 29 knots

I could go on?
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by fashrola(m): 9:20pm On May 20, 2020
subcbouy:
Funny you! why no man-power, materials and expertise? when I did say initially that we have no naval architecture and you are arguing with me. But saying it was chosen is ridiculous thought. Did you know billions lost to Korean for this project? bro, we don't have ship building yard, simple.

I won't argue with you..... Just don't argue what you don't know....

Take a trip to WAS (West Atlantic Shipyard) Onne and see things for yourself

The Final integration of topside modules of Egina FPSO was built in LADOL Lagos, and the FPSO was towed by Varada Deepti (A vessel owned by an indigenous maritime company) to offshore field for operations

Check the link for your perusal http://new.was-shipyard.com/
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by subcbouy: 9:39pm On May 20, 2020
fashrola:

I won't argue with you..... Just don't argue what you don't know....

Take a trip to WAS (West Atlantic Shipyard) Onne and see things for yourself

The Final integration of topside modules of Egina FPSO was built in LADOL Lagos, and the FPSO was towed by Varada Deepti (A vessel owned by an indigenous maritime company) to offshore field for operations

Check the link for your perusal http://new.was-shipyard.com/

My last question to you, when was the company floated in Nigeria? not all this maintenance company? maintenance n building ?
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Johnedoh: 12:12am On May 21, 2020
fuck419:

You need to be quarantined.

Because of why?
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by MiddleDimension: 12:46pm On May 21, 2020
Usorohtheman:

then, what's stopping us from the philosophical enquiry investment? That is the problem bro. We hardly understand anything here.
our culture and religion are what's stopping us.
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by MiddleDimension: 10:13am On May 22, 2020
jln115:
The Meko 360 is a great platform and personally I've always advocated that NNS Aradu be refitted, instead of buying a new Frigate.......However te seems she has been neglected to long and thus is to obsolete to function as a Frigate, and would now rather be used as a training and patrol vessel at this stage.

As for the NN imo its by far the strongest Navy in WA, however as with 90% of African Navies it isn't a true blue water navy and lacks anti ship and anti sub capability..............However this isn't saying that the Nigerian navy isn't as efficient in fulfilling its mandate or as professional as blue water navies

IMO this would be my Ranking of African Navies:

1. Egypt
2. Algeria
3. South Africa
4. Morocco ( only because SA has Submarines otherwise they would be 3rd)
5. Nigeria
and the east African Navies?
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Nobody: 11:11am On May 22, 2020
MiddleDimension:
and the east African Navies?
Well to be fair they ain't really worth mentioning...
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by MiddleDimension: 5:59pm On May 22, 2020
jln115:
Well to be fair they ain't really worth mentioning...
so what do you think may still be the reason there is piracy in the gulf of guinea?
please do not be annoyed with the way i ask questions
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Nobody: 7:44am On May 23, 2020
MiddleDimension:
so what do you think may still be the reason there is piracy in the gulf of guinea?
please do not be annoyed with the way in as questions
Very busy shipping lane yet not enough platforms to patrol the entire gulf..... IMO!

P.S not annoyed at all wink

1 Like

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Nobody: 4:15am On Aug 03, 2020
KingAzubuike:
The whole Nigerian navy is no match for ordinary US Coast guards.

With warships like the Abdel Nasser , Egypt and South Africa currently has the best warships and navy in Africa. The Nigerian Navy barely makes the top 7. Even Asari dokubo's boys are better equipped than the Nigerian navy.
Egypt and Algeria have larger and more powerful navies than South Africa

1 Like

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by MiddleDimension: 3:46pm On Aug 03, 2020
jln115:
Egypt and Algeria have larger and more powerful navies than South Africa

he says Nigerian Navy does not make top 7
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2020
MiddleDimension:

he says Nigerian Navy does not make top 7
Nigeria is 5th imo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

So Skinny! See What Obasanjo Looks Like After Being Released From Prison In 1998 / Mother Backing Her Baby To Participate In Peter Obi Rally In Oyo , Ibadan / Fatima Ganduje Rants On Fuel Scarcity (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.