Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,939 members, 7,956,539 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:38 PM

I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? (4820 Views)

I’m 38 Years Old & I Need A Husband. N50m For Anyone Who Will Marry Me (video) / “Your Wife Didn’t Sleep At Home Last Night” Two Men Expose Married Woman(pics) / "Two Men Claim Ownership Of Baby After Their Lover Gave Birth In Edo". Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Norahsthought(f): 11:08am On May 20, 2020
Hey guys, so a little background story. I'm 25, finished school quite early (schooled abroad), and got a good headstart. I am pretty comfortable, I have a good job with a great growth trajectory. So really, I'm focused on my career right now and not particularly interested in starting a family soon.

So here's the real story. I have two male friends who have shown interest in marrying me. They are both doing very well and from equally good backgrounds. I initially wasn't interested in marriage (at least for now) but you know friends and family. I am not in love with any of them or even with anyone at the moment (I am a woman of war lol) but they are both great guys.

So my challenge now that I have decided to be open to marriage is this, how do I choose? Should I even listen to the advice of friends and family to open up to getting married to one of these men or should I just wait till when I feel ready? I need advice and please be nice.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by SirMichael1: 11:09am On May 20, 2020

1 Like

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by tyup(m): 11:11am On May 20, 2020
listen to the advice of friends and family to open up to getting married to one of these men And also wait till when u feel ready

Do the two since you're confused undecided

12 Likes

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by aylive02(m): 11:12am On May 20, 2020
if I tell you to choose A, and your mind goes for B, you will definitely do what you wanted. follow your instincts
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Nonsoboy4life(m): 11:13am On May 20, 2020
Norahsthought:
Hey guys, so a little background story. I'm 25, finished school quite early (schooled abroad), and got a good headstart. I am pretty comfortable, I have a good job with a great growth trajectory. So really, I'm focused on my career right now and not particularly interested in starting a family soon.

So here's the real story. I have two male friends who have shown interest in marrying me. They are both doing very well and from equally good backgrounds. I initially wasn't interested in marriage (at least for now) but you know friends and family. I am not in love with any of them or even with anyone at the moment (I am a woman of war lol) but they are both great guys.

So my challenge now that I have decided to be open to marriage is this, how do I choose? Should I even listen to the advice of friends and family to open up to getting married to one of these men or should I just wait till when I feel ready? I need advice and please be nice.
Don't marry..just stay unmarried..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Norahsthought(f): 11:15am On May 20, 2020
I don't understand. How please?

tyup:
listen to the advice of friends and family to open up to getting married to one of these men And also wait till when u feel ready

Do the two since you're confused undecided
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Davash222(m): 11:16am On May 20, 2020
1: So really, I'm focused on my career right now and not particularly interested in starting a family soon

2: So my challenge now that I have decided to be open to marriage is this, how do I choose?

You're not interested in starting a family soon, at the same time you've decided to be open to marriage.
Obviously, you're not just ready. You're just looking for flimsy excuses to satisfy feministic non existing career!

9 Likes

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Norahsthought(f): 11:16am On May 20, 2020
Well, my instincts are drained in everyone else's opinion right now. Ordinarily, I don't feel ready but you know the woman's clock thing..

aylive02:
if I tell you to choose A, and your mind goes for B, you will definitely do what you wanted. follow your instincts
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by macfish101(m): 11:18am On May 20, 2020
Truth is, it's none of them. If it was any of them, you won't be here seeking for advice. Meanwhile, you need to try more guys, give it time and when you meet the one, you will have no doubt in your heart. Try me�

13 Likes

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by majamajic(m): 11:19am On May 20, 2020
How can people u are not dating be telling u about marriage ? Ok me too want marry u

I don't understand

6 Likes

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Romanoff(f): 11:20am On May 20, 2020
Norahsthought:
Well, my instincts are drained in everyone else's opinion right now. Ordinarily, I don't feel ready but you know the woman's clock thing..

Don't marry because your clock is ticking o.

Many women are singing songs of lamentation because of this grave mistake.

I believe you're not open to love or marriage for now so don't marry cause your friends and family are pressuring you or because two guys are available.

If you are really friends with these guys, you should be able to tell them how you feel. If they can be patient with you till you know what you really want.

Any one who can't wait will tell you.

8 Likes

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Kobicove(m): 11:21am On May 20, 2020
Norahsthought:
Hey guys, so a little background story... I need advice and please be nice.

Since they're both equals in almost all ramifications I would advise you choose the one you're most comfortable talking with smiley

1 Like

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Crunchyg3: 11:23am On May 20, 2020
Norahsthought:

My advise is marry who you love and don't marry anyone under pressure

1 Like

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Nobody: 11:23am On May 20, 2020
Try and be friends with both of them, that you're not particularly ready for marriage doesnt mean you dont have a vision of what you want your forever to be like. Marriage like any other venture is a risk, waiting till forever will not guarantee a happy ending either.
You should go for whoever's fills into that vision, someone that you can absolutely be yourself with. I wish you luck kiss
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by BigTableShaker(f): 11:24am On May 20, 2020
Whoever you choose, do not pick a Igbo.

1 Like

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by AFvckingAlpha(m): 11:25am On May 20, 2020
majamajic:
How can people u are not dating be telling u about marriage ? Ok me too want marry u

I don't understand

As in i just weak. This OP is ridiculously ridiculous grin

She better dey her dey, any marriage with either of them guys is a disaster waiting to happen, if you know, you know

1 Like

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Nobody: 11:30am On May 20, 2020
majamajic:

I don't understand
It is true. People hardly date in the olden days and they stay longer in marriages than we that date for years and yet nothing to show for it.
Some men come really clean. "I want to marry you" maybe because they've been doing some background check without the other persons knowledge, but it is real, tho not common again.

1 Like

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by aylive02(m): 11:30am On May 20, 2020
Norahsthought:

please cautiously follow your mind..... be prayerful as well. you will laugh last.
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by michlins(m): 11:33am On May 20, 2020
Like you said, you are 25 and have great growth trajectory. Be open to making newer friends and since you didn't school around here, I advise you take your time.

Before they pressure you into anything, remember we will be here to advise you how best to go around a messy divorce.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Norahsthought(f): 11:36am On May 20, 2020
Thank for this.

Romanoff:

Don't marry because your clock is ticking o.

Many women are singing songs of lamentation because of this grave mistake.

I believe you're not open to love or marriage for now so don't marry cause your friends and family are pressuring you or because two guys are available.

If you are really friends with these guys, you should be able to tell them how you feel if they can be patient with you till you know what you really want.

Any one who can't wait will tell you.
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Nobody: 11:37am On May 20, 2020
cool get to know them both much more better than u already do...if nothing clicks still, chillax for that special someone...at 25 ,u still get plenty time ahead undecided
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Norahsthought(f): 11:40am On May 20, 2020
I'm comfortable talking to both of them. I have had one as a friend for about 2 years. He was just a friend and recently talked about getting serious. The other one, I have known for just over a year made his intentions clear almost from start. However, they both did at relatively the same time. They don't know each other though.

Kobicove:

Since they're both equals in almost all ramifications I would advise you choose the one you're most comfortable talking with smiley
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Froshloaded: 11:40am On May 20, 2020
Norahsthought

Marry me when you feel like you are ready..

Your family and friends will not follow you to your husband's house...

Don't rush in and rush out

My 10 cents

Modified
Bleep that me was an error grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Norahsthought(f): 11:40am On May 20, 2020
Thank you.

Crunchyg3:

My advise is marry who you love and don't marry anyone under pressure
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Norahsthought(f): 11:41am On May 20, 2020
Apt! Thank you

rockstarB:
Try and be friends with both of them, that you're not particularly ready for marriage doesnt mean you dont have a vision of what you want your forever to be like. Marriage like any other venture is a risk, waiting till forever will not guarantee a happy ending either.
You should go for whoever's fills into that vision, someone that you can absolutely be yourself with. I wish you luck kiss
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Mcslize: 11:42am On May 20, 2020
Norahsthought:
I don't understand. How please?

Don't marry any of the guy cuz you will end up cheating if you marry any of them. Reason being that you do not love any of the guy. They are simply great you remember? The clause there is that you said you are not in love with any of them but they are great guys. Mark that expression. Not in love but they are great. Being great in your own way might means that they are doing well financially. I think that's what you meant by they are great guys. Not really that you are in love with any of them. That's one red flag.

Don't make the mistake of marrying out of pressure from family and friends. The marriage won't last.

Do you want to marry because you truly want to marry or because you being pressured by family and friends? Are you in love with any of the guy you are aiming at marrying or you simply want to rush into marriage because you think menopause will soon catch up with you?

Be sincere with yourself. Don't go into marriage with someone you have no feelings for. Don't forget the red flag I pointed out to you. You are not in love with any of the guy.

This is the kind of stories we hear every day of how a lady married a guy and within 6 months of the marriage, the lady will be complaining of how she no longer feels anything for her husband. It all started like this.

If you see stories like that just know that it is either the girl rushed into the marriage due to the fear of becoming an evening news paper or her family or friend pressured her into the marriage.

Don't let your story be like that. Marry because you are in love not because your family and friends want you to.

1 Like

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Norahsthought(f): 11:42am On May 20, 2020
Who/what is a Igbo dear?

BigTableShaker:
Whoever you choose, do not pick a Igbo.
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Norahsthought(f): 11:44am On May 20, 2020
Yes, there's usually a strong family check when people in my circle (these two guys happen to be) want to get married. Serious parent consist is required.

rockstarB:

It is true. People hardly date in the olden days and they stay longer in marriages than we that date for years and yet nothing to show for it.
Some men come really clean. "I want to marry you" maybe because they've been doing some background check without the other persons knowledge, but it is real, tho not common again.
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Norahsthought(f): 11:46am On May 20, 2020
This sounded a bit sarcastic but thank you for the advice smiley

michlins:
Like you said, you are 25 and have great growth trajectory. Be open to making newer friends and since you didn't school around here, I advise you take your time.

Before they pressure you into anything, remember we will be here to advise you how best to go around a messy divorce.
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by majamajic(m): 11:46am On May 20, 2020
Norahsthought:
Who/what is a Igbo dear?

Seems u are new here , Igbo is someone eastern part of Nigeria, yes
Afonja is SW ,
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Ayoleeboy007: 11:48am On May 20, 2020
V
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:50am On May 20, 2020
My problem now is that you are not in love with any of them so how do you think marriage will work? pls marry who you fall in love with n who among them love you most......I will advice you throw a test btw both n see who really deserve your love....
best of luck

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See How My Girlfriend Welcomed Me After A Long Trip (picture) / I Didn’t Cum- Man Tells Ashawo Who Confronted Him After He Refused To Pay Her / Guys, You Are Dumb If You Do These 5 Things

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.