Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,399 members, 7,958,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:53 AM

I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? (4825 Views)

I’m 38 Years Old & I Need A Husband. N50m For Anyone Who Will Marry Me (video) / “Your Wife Didn’t Sleep At Home Last Night” Two Men Expose Married Woman(pics) / "Two Men Claim Ownership Of Baby After Their Lover Gave Birth In Edo". Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by meum: 11:59am On May 20, 2020
If you are not ready for it going into it will make you regret when the challenges that come with marriage appears. Those that are urging you on won't be there by then. Even if they are, they have their limits when it comes to your home.

On the flip side, if you decide not to marry when you are ready, you might end up "hustling" for a man. By then I bet guys might just not be interested. In EVERY lady's life, there's that time where men will be flocking around you. Some come to chop and clean mouth while some come with the intention of settling down with the lady. So as a lady you should know how to make a choice. Every evening newspaper was once a hot sale newspaper/breaking news.

Make a list of YOUR expectations of a HUSBAND whoever ticks out most of the items on the list should be your pick. They both won't score 100%. Whoever meets your requirements(not your friends/family) in a HUSBAND should be your pick. However, listen and critically analyze your family's suggestions(not decisions) about who you should settle for. If they have your best interest at heart, they'll spot what you can't see. They'll see beyond all that "both guys are doing well and from equally good background" thing you typed. If your close family members decide to be selfish(marry A or B to secure your financial future or to cement our political/social ties), you can ditch their suggestions if their reasons don't align with the list I stated earlier. Kindly note, no man/woman is perfect but another question you should ask is this: can you live with your partners imperfections?

The choice is YOURS to make. If you decide to marry later you might still be lucky to have good men around that will still be interested. I would advise you not to marry out of pressure. Be ready before you go into marriage. But if you know you are not ready yet, work towards being ready now that men(in general) are falling over themselves for your attention.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by BigTableShaker(f): 12:02pm On May 20, 2020
Norahsthought:
Who/what is a Igbo dear?

Igbos are the marginalized potorpotor jews from the gully eroded godforsaken yeast side of Niger.
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 20, 2020
Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

rposco123:
when it comes to making life commitment believe me all factors need to be considered.. i recommend this book to you.. "the normal bar"
you can get a copy here https:///2z0u0HM
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 20, 2020
@Norahsthought have you had sex with any of them before or has any of them asked for sex? Some men use marriage as a bait to get sex from women.
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 20, 2020
valentineuwakwe:
My problem now is that you are not in love with any of them so how do you think marriage will work? pls marry who you fall in love with n who among them love you most......I will advice you throw a test btw both n see who really deserve your love....
best of luck
I grab some points
Do you know the reason why most Marriages fail
Today most women don't marry who they love
They go for who is ready
And when you marry someone you don't have feelings for we all know what will later happen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Raeheemwayne: 1:11pm On May 20, 2020
Trouble in David's house.
You're don't want to get married for now.
You're now open for marriage.
You don't love they guys in question.
You want to marry because ya clock is ticking.

You're one confused entity, just focus on ya career and leave marriage talks for now because it will so end in tears.
My point is you're nad ready for Martial Life.

1 Like

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by COdeGenesis: 1:30pm On May 20, 2020
DM ME. Dont marry a man you not in love with, you would always regret it
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Bola146(f): 2:03pm On May 20, 2020
Please don't go for looks or money or any family pressure, marry the man you truly love
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by rosy1992(f): 2:07pm On May 20, 2020
Don't make a mistake you will regret. Marry someone you love not because you are pressurized to do so.
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Obas101(m): 2:08pm On May 20, 2020
Norahsthought:
Hey guys, so a little background story. I'm 25, finished school quite early (schooled abroad), and got a good headstart. I am pretty comfortable, I have a good job with a great growth trajectory. So really, I'm focused on my career right now and not particularly interested in starting a family soon.

So here's the real story. I have two male friends who have shown interest in marrying me. They are both doing very well and from equally good backgrounds. I initially wasn't interested in marriage (at least for now) but you know friends and family. I am not in love with any of them or even with anyone at the moment (I am a woman of war lol) but they are both great guys.

So my challenge now that I have decided to be open to marriage is this, how do I choose? Should I even listen to the advice of friends and family to open up to getting married to one of these men or should I just wait till when I feel ready? I need advice and please be nice.
Be honest with them about your feelings and see if they still push it... As for me I will never marry a girl that's not crazy over me.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by LikeAking: 2:16pm On May 20, 2020
Have sex with the both of them,then chose the best fxxker as your husband.

I will advice you to do it repeatedly with both of them for quite a while before chosen the best fxxker.
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Deman05(m): 2:16pm On May 20, 2020
Meditate within your inner self. Ask God to help u. Give it time. Narrow what u want in a man. Be flexible. Don't mind what u have achieved, be humble... You will definitely make the right choice.
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Crunchyg3: 3:00pm On May 20, 2020
Norahsthought:
Thank you.

You are welcome dear, have you been able to make your decision based on the feedbacks you received here?
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by charleff512(m): 3:03pm On May 20, 2020
List out the qualities,traits and attributes you want in your ideal man and watch closely in the course of your interactions with them for the next six months before making your decision.Dont make any hasty or irrational decision based on pressure.
The Lord be with you
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by davidadenrele: 3:10pm On May 20, 2020
Norahsthought:
Hey guys, so a little background story. I'm 25, finished school quite early (schooled abroad), and got a good headstart. I am pretty comfortable, I have a good job with a great growth trajectory. So really, I'm focused on my career right now and not particularly interested in starting a family soon.

So here's the real story. I have two male friends who have shown interest in marrying me. They are both doing very well and from equally good backgrounds. I initially wasn't interested in marriage (at least for now) but you know friends and family. I am not in love with any of them or even with anyone at the moment (I am a woman of war lol) but they are both great guys.

So my challenge now that I have decided to be open to marriage is this, how do I choose? Should I even listen to the advice of friends and family to open up to getting married to one of these men or should I just wait till when I feel ready? I need advice and please be nice.

Hello,
It's easy to get married but marriage requires alot of comitment emotional, spritiually and financially it's not about age, it's about making a decision a life time decision of settling down, if you are not your are not ready don't force and don't rush in, you rush in you rush out.

Secondly why don't you want to lead on 2 different guys when you know both guys would eventually proposed to you as time goes on, it's better you declare your stand by letting both guys realize your ain't marrying anyone of them but you would be available for exploration, sex, kissing and et all. If any guys feels he can explore with you while it lasted that would be discussion you both wanted. Meanwhile let me remind you that good men I mean a good man is really difficult to come by dont waste your chances of losing a good man all in the name of exploring if any of the 2 guys has a quality of been a good husband my sister grab your copy fast else you might live to regret your decision later. These are the mistakes most ladies make this days they thot they could eat their cakes and have it meanwhile men that would have been their husbands has been turned to maga and mugu. It's up to you think wisely and act wisely.
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 20, 2020
Davash222:
1: So really, I'm focused on my career right now and not particularly interested in starting a family soon

2: So my challenge now that I have decided to be open to marriage is this, how do I choose?

You're not interested in starting a family soon, at the same time you've decided to be open to marriage.
Obviously, you're not just ready. You're just looking for flimsy excuses to satisfy feministic non existing career!

I THOUGHT I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED SUCH A CONFLICT IN WHAT WAS WRITTEN BY THE OP undecided.

1 Like

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by cooooooks(m): 12:42am On May 21, 2020
Go out on dates, nothing expensive or crazy. IF you don't like them after 3-5 meetings, cut it off with them.

Norahsthought:

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by MOnkeyBabe(f): 1:48am On May 21, 2020
Norahsthought:

Please Give them my DiGits
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Norahsthought(f): 11:48am On May 21, 2020
Well, isn't it funny? I am from the eastern part of Nigeria myself smiley

Now that advice is invalid. I am not tribalistic, thank you.

majamajic:

Seems u are new here , Igbo is someone eastern part of Nigeria, yes
Afonja is SW ,

1 Like

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Norahsthought(f): 11:50am On May 21, 2020
Thank you.

charleff512:
List out the qualities,traits and attributes you want in your ideal man and watch closely in the course of your interactions with them for the next six months before making your decision.Dont make any hasty or irrational decision based on pressure.
The Lord be with you
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Norahsthought(f): 11:52am On May 21, 2020
These are actually friends, so I know them pretty well.

cooooooks:
Go out on dates, nothing expensive or crazy. IF you don't like them after 3-5 meetings, cut it off with them.

Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Omar09(m): 11:52am On May 21, 2020
Norahsthought:

Waiting for the one you've got a spark for is very risky. Check both of them, who understands you more, whom do you understand, whom have you been friends with for a really long time now, and then most of all, whom are you more comfortable with.

And I'm back from 7 days community work. To the mod who gave me that long time for community work, I will find you and I will fk you.
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Norahsthought(f): 11:53am On May 21, 2020
Thank you.

meum:
If you are not ready for it going into it will make you regret when the challenges that come with marriage appears. Those that are urging you on won't be there by then. Even if they are, they have their limits when it comes to your home.

On the flip side, if you decide not to marry when you are ready, you might end up "hustling" for a man. By then I bet guys might just not be interested. In EVERY lady's life, there's that time where men will be flocking around you. Some come to chop and clean mouth while some come with the intention of settling down with the lady. So as a lady you should know how to make a choice. Every evening newspaper was once a hot sale newspaper/breaking news.

Make a list of YOUR expectations of a HUSBAND whoever ticks out most of the items on the list should be your pick. They both won't score 100%. Whoever meets your requirements(not your friends/family) in a HUSBAND should be your pick. However, listen and critically analyze your family's suggestions(not decisions) about who you should settle for. If they have your best interest at heart, they'll spot what you can't see. They'll see beyond all that "both guys are doing well and from equally good background" thing you typed. If your close family members decide to be selfish(marry A or B to secure your financial future or to cement our political/social ties), you can ditch their suggestions if their reasons don't align with the list I stated earlier. Kindly note, no man/woman is perfect but another question you should ask is this: can you live with your partners imperfections?

The choice is YOURS to make. If you decide to marry later you might still be lucky to have good men around that will still be interested. I would advise you not to marry out of pressure. Be ready before you go into marriage. But if you know you are not ready yet, work towards being ready now that men(in general) are falling over themselves for your attention.
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Nobody: 11:53am On May 21, 2020
Norahsthought:

Listen to yourself more. You're the one who is going to live with the man as husband and wife.
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Mayannar(m): 11:59am On May 21, 2020
macfish101:
Truth is, it's none of them. If it was any of them, you won't be here seeking for advice. Meanwhile, you need to try more guys, give it time and when you meet the one, you will have no doubt in your heart. Try me�

grin You're the correct Nigga ba... lmao
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by ninetiethcrown7(m): 12:04pm On May 21, 2020
Norahsthought:

My advice, you’re 25 on a good growth path in your career. I wouldn’t advise you to risk jeopardizing that for someone you are not 100 percent sure about. That is just my advise, it isn’t necessarily the best advise.

To be honest, only you know what you really want, and I’m sure regret is not part of it. So, if you’re chasing a career my dear chase it.
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Norahsthought(f): 3:32pm On May 21, 2020
Thank you!

ninetiethcrown7:

My advice, you’re 25 on a good growth path in your career. I wouldn’t advise you to risk jeopardizing that for someone you are not 100 percent sure about. That is just my advise, it isn’t necessarily the best advise.

To be honest, only you know what you really want, and I’m sure regret is not part of it. So, if you’re chasing a career my dear chase it.
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 21, 2020
Norahsthought:

Honestly don't marry them, come and marry me biko.

I will takia of you wellu wellu wink wink
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by UncleJJ(m): 4:13pm On May 21, 2020
[redacted]
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 21, 2020
Beware of these 4 killers of a sweet relationship. They are also called the 4 Horsemen of Relationship Apocalypse. You have to be on the lookout to when these tendencies begin to rear their ugly head up in your relationship and manage them properly. They are all as a result of emotional outburst or emotional overwhelm. The way they are being managed will determine if a certain relationship will be salvaged or not.
These 4 horsemen are:
1. Criticism: This is the negative flipside of complaint. Complaints are not bad infact they are constructive to any relationship. They help put things back in order when both partners have a good listening habit. Complaints are targeted at a specific action at which your partner failed. Criticism on the other hand convey distraught mixed with negative words targeted at your partner.
Look at these:
Complaint: There is no petrol in the car. Why didn't you fill it up like you said you would?
Criticism: Why can't you ever remember something? I told you a thousand times to fill up the tank and you didn't.
You see! Criticisms are demeaning. Let's learn to honour and respect our partners. Be nice.

2. Contempt: Contempt is a feeling of disgust........

Continue reading on
https://businesshob..com/2020/05/4-major-killers-of-sweet-relationship.html?m=1#more
Re: I Have Two Men Who Want To Marry Me - How Do I Choose? by HeavenlyCherub(f): 4:23pm On May 21, 2020
Norahsthought:

Choose the one that knows how to talk to you when angry, communicates,the better provider and one who understands you will not always like each other but despite this, he will continue to love and respect you. Clear your eyes of love as that feeling of infatuation fades off after a couple of years.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? / My Friend Impregnated A Deaf And Dumb Househelp / Why Exactly Do Nigerian Girls Make These Videos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.