Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

I Am Afraid Of Getting Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Afraid Of Getting Married (1511 Views)

I Am Afraid Already,i Need Advice And Help / I Am Afraid Of Sex. How Can I Prevent Extreme Tiredness After Sex? / Help! I Am Afraid Of What May Happen To Me When This Lockdown Is Finally Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by Kenmatt(m): 5:01pm On May 20, 2020
Greetings to you all.

I just have to be precise here.

On a daily basis we read online and see it in reality how women do make their husbands feel Hell on Earth. Notwithstanding, the manner some men dish shabby act will get you baffled if these guys are married at all.

I have friends, relations, neighbours and many more people who really do not enjoy their marriages. Unfaithfulness, lies, fighting, divorce and lots more. The stories are not what I should put up here for security reasons.

With what I see these days, I am afraid of getting married. I truly want to enjoy marriage, I don't just want to endure marriage. As many people are just enduring being married just to stay married.

Please guys, what are your takes.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by chatinent: 5:05pm On May 20, 2020
Marriage failures are usually courtship failures. Don't be misled.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by ikh777: 5:06pm On May 20, 2020
Kenmatt:
Greetings to you all.

On a daily basis we read online how women do make their husbands feel Hell on Earth. Notwithstanding, the manner some men dish shabby act will get you baffled if these guys are married at all.

I have friends, relations, neighbours and many more people who really do not enjoy their marriages. The stories are not what I should put up here for security reasons.

Although. With what I see these days, I am afraid of getting married. I truly want to enjoy marriage, I don't just want to endure marriage.

Please guys, what are your take.

SIR, your fears are understandable but a sheer waste of TIME.

The time it takes to FEAR is the same time it takes to Prayerfully and Studiously Prepare.

Marriage is run by strategy... any married couple that do not have a strategy of how to wager common problems in marriage are bound to face TRAGEDY.

So bros, go and study books on relationship, get to youtube and download teachings by people like Pst Kingsley Okonkwo and others then move on to find good PEOPLE WHO HAVE SUCCESSFUL RELATIONSHIPS of over 10/15 years and above and ASK THEM THE SECRETS.... yes... you need them as MENTORS...

We kill fear by preparation and prayers.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by Kenmatt(m): 5:09pm On May 20, 2020
ikh777:

The time it takes to FEAR is the same time it takes to Prayerfully and Studiously Prepare.

Marriage is run by strategy... any married couple that do not have a strategy of how to wager common problems in marriage are bound to face TRAGEDY.

So bros, go and study books on relationship, get to youtube and download teachings by people like Pst Kingsley Okonkwo and others then move on to find good PEOPLE WHO HAVE SUCCESSFUL RELATIONSHIPS of over 10/15 years and above and ASK THEM THE SECRETS.... yes... you need them as MENTORS...

Have you heard this statement; "broken relationship is better than broken marriage". These words are so scaring.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 20, 2020
chatinent:

How?
Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by purplecoco(f): 5:17pm On May 20, 2020
Marriage is never meant to be perfect, but it’s always good to prepare yourself for the challenges. People nowadays marry for the wrong reasons, hence why their marriage is going downhill and putting that pressure on you.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by ikh777: 5:17pm On May 20, 2020
Kenmatt:

Have you heard this statement; "broken relationship is better than broken marriage". These words are so scaring.

Its not sir.... it is why you need to prayerfully prepare.... DONT ENTER BLINDLY AND YOU WILL NOT GET HEART BROKEN.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 20, 2020
ikh777:

So bros, go and study books on relationship, get to youtube and download teachings by people like [b]Pst Kingsley Okonkwo [/b]and others then move on to find good PEOPLE WHO HAVE SUCCESSFUL RELATIONSHIPS of over 10/15 years and above and ASK THEM THE SECRETS.... yes... you need them as MENTORS...

Are you married.?! What about Pastor Oyakhilome he sure was a 'great' marriage counselor until his own marriage fell apart. grin

Marriage no get teacher, e no get institution. It is a very different ball game full of surprises mainly because humans are unpredictable.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by popp(m): 5:21pm On May 20, 2020
You are not alone on that thought Bro. That's why, if you must marry, make sure you make them three.

There will be competition in the house. That's when you will have peace and live long.

NB: You must have got the box oh! Before going to make them three. These people are something else.

1 Like

Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by Coder2Client(m): 5:26pm On May 20, 2020
you should not be. During your courtship, you should have observed if you are both for each other.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 20, 2020
People change, you can find the perfect person today and tomorrow its a different story. Just find someone who is matured enough and understanding with no pretense and enjoy the peace while trying to make it last as much as possible...nothing good comes easy, so be ready to work and make sacrifices for the best.

1 Like

Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by Kenmatt(m): 5:31pm On May 20, 2020
ikh777:

Its not sir.... it is why you need to prayerfully prepare.... DONT ENTER BLINDLY AND YOU WILL NOT GET HEART BROKEN.

Thanks for your words of encouragement shaa.

There are so many marital clauses that can make the heart pant, " don't jump in, in order not to jump out".

This is heart breaking.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by Kenmatt(m): 5:56pm On May 20, 2020
We all know that love is a central key in marriage. But this Maxim says; "if you're afraid of being hurt, please don't love".

My mind is mild, I am really afraid of heart break wich gives heart attack. That's why I don't even do girl friend. If I love, I love as if nothing else exist in life if not you.

when you hurt me, it goes down to the extreme part of my mind too and it's so hot like a chunk of chaircoal that is just selected out of burning firewood.

1 Like

Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by Fidelismaria: 5:56pm On May 20, 2020

marriage is nothing

Save yourself and remain single

I don't even understand why people get married these days

1 Like

Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 20, 2020
Are you the right person for Ade?
Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by Kenmatt(m): 6:03pm On May 20, 2020
MICOBIN:
Are you the right person for Ade?

I think I am not.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by ibkayee(f): 6:19pm On May 20, 2020
Marriage is a gamble, there are things you can do to improve/'help' your odds, but nothing is guaranteed. You could be dating someone for x amount of long years for example and still be surprised at their behaviour once you get married. You kind of just hope, or pray (if you’re into that) that you’ve picked the right person (whatever ‘right’ means to you) and that things turn out well, or well enough...to me anyway.

It won't be easy, it will take a lot of patience and hard work, but at the same time I also don't think it necessarily needs to be 'war'. As per, I believe there's a reasonable limit to what someone can endure....Good luck and I hope you find the relationship you're looking for. If you truly desire it sha, because I also believe that marriage isn't necessarily for everyone, and that's ok

4 Likes

Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by johnkey: 6:32pm On May 20, 2020
Same here my nigga
Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by ikh777: 6:51pm On May 20, 2020
WORDWORLD:

Are you married.?! What about Pastor Oyakhilome he sure was a 'great' marriage counselor until his own marriage fell apart. grin

Marriage no get teacher, e no get institution. It is a very different ball game full of surprises mainly because humans are unpredictable.

Brother pls KEEP QUIET.... every body has their ATTACKS AND PERSECUTION.... they are not flaws..... PLS IF YOU CAN NOT GO AND PRAY FOR YOUR OWN MARRIAGE OR HELP THE OP, simply be quiet
Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 20, 2020
ikh777:

Brother pls KEEP QUIET.... every body has their ATTACKS AND PERSECUTION.... they are not flaws..... PLS IF YOU CAN NOT GO AND PRAY FOR YOUR OWN MARRIAGE OR HELP THE OP, simply be quiet

1 Like

Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by kingxsamz(m): 7:13pm On May 20, 2020
Marriage is not the main priority of life.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by GeneralPula: 7:13pm On May 20, 2020
Why stressing yourself by getting afraid of something that is a scam? undecided

I don’t get it..

Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by Queenzzy: 7:24pm On May 20, 2020
Kenmatt:
Greetings to you all.

On a daily basis we read online and see it in reality how women do make their husbands feel Hell on Earth. Notwithstanding, the manner some men dish shabby act will get you baffled if these guys are married at all.

I have friends, relations, neighbours and many more people who really do not enjoy their marriages. Unfaithfulness, lies, fighting, divorce and lots more. The stories are not what I should put up here for security reasons.

With what I see these days, I am afraid of getting married. I truly want to enjoy marriage, I don't just want to endure marriage. As many people are just enduring being married just to stay married.

Please guys, what are your take.
Thought I'm the only one that feels this way. Marriage is scary honestly, especially being a lady.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 20, 2020
chatinent:
Be there deceiving yourself.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by Kenmatt(m): 8:22pm On May 20, 2020
Once in a while I do ask my self; why is it that we have widow, widow, every where?

We don't normally hear widower as in the case of widow.

It doesn't actually mean that it must be the elder that dies first.

Why is it that husbands always die before their wives?
Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by temblor1(m): 8:27pm On May 20, 2020
Baby mama is surely the best grin
Tested and trusted. NAFDAC approved wink
Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by littlemistress: 8:45pm On May 20, 2020
Queenzzy:
Thought I'm the only one that feels this way. Marriage is scary honestly, especially being a lady.

Don't be scared sis, we've got God. And with God, ALL THINGS ( including marital success) are possible. smiley
Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by Naija246: 8:45pm On May 20, 2020
Y
Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by popp(m): 9:04pm On May 20, 2020
Is it true that the ritual for once post to jam FB on Nairaland is to chant the names of Mods?
Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by Fafesot: 9:19pm On May 20, 2020
Kenmatt:
Greetings to you all.

Please guys, what are your takes.
OP,do you want to know to truth?
most marital issues are caused by women,they feel entitled and place themselves on the same platter as men.They hide their real selves when what attracts them in you is still intact, once that is gone..they lose interest.
90% of women start behaving abnormally when they start earning more than their husband,they might even start cheating on you just because of that.
They will pressurize you to go down the hill together then expect you to carry them on your back while climbing.. without pre-informing you..that's them.
you can get married, but live your life for yourself
Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by emkz: 9:22pm On May 20, 2020
emkz:

It is not scary. Sha don't marry someone who sees you as a doormat or someone wey eye no dey one place. Avoid person with plenty body counts who is still showing traits of sluttiness. The guys uselessing such women would not put them in their houses or invest in them financially, they are only useful for booty calls. So why should you be the investor? A public property cannot be monopolized when you are not Dangote. Avoid someone who lies about simple matters and someone who is ultra-defensive especially in matters as simple as her past relationships. Avoid someone who cannot justify certain actions. Avoid someone who asks you for Brazilian hair to protect her Togolese brain when she has no sensible means of income. Avoid those who add no value to your life and are milking you of your sanity. Most importantly, avoid those who had a thing for married men (you'd never be enough) and they'd always go back to their vomit when they have the opportunity. Avoid those who rush you into marriage (they have an agendum) or blackmail you into what you are uncomfortable doing. Finally, avoid those who do not respect you and are hooked to one or more ex.

In marriage, your peace of mind is not something you want to trade.

Find someone that reasons with you in the same frequency (i.e., someone within your class), someone that values you and the relationship, someone that co-operates with you to make a relationship work, someone that appreciates you. Someone you'd think very well before cheating on. And for gawd's "bleeping" sake, date very well and understand the person you are with. Many people get married to an image of someone they believe is true, whereas the reality hurts them, so they live in self-denial. Don't get married to someone you feel pity for, or someone you want to use to do pepper-them or you are afraid of (Oluwo of Iwo comes to mind). Post-corona, many marriages would either become stronger as many couples would realize the value of their relationship or others would pack up because many people would realize their marriages are illusory. Don't be a statistic for the latter.

PS: There are many good women (and men), very well brought up out there who are well educated and respectful. Many are also on this forum, they don't comment on every thread and stay away from controversy because they don't feed from unnecessary popularity. Do not let the foolishness of a useless few cause you to make lifetime decisions. Best bro.
Re: I Am Afraid Of Getting Married by Malik1338(m): 9:47pm On May 20, 2020
Fidelismaria:

marriage is nothing

Save yourself and remain single

I don't even understand why people get married these days

if your parents weren't married will u be here saying this

(1) (2) (Reply)

She's Falling For A New Tenant. / Bbnaija Star, Mercy Eke Flaunts Her Curves In New Sexy Photos / 18+: See What This Feminist Is Asking Him, What Should He Tell Her ?? [pictures]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.