Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

An Obsolete World - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / An Obsolete World (5205 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Obsolete World by DarkGamer: 7:52pm On Jun 02, 2020
Jaika:

I'm here!! So this story is really great. You're a really talented author. Usually, I find science fiction too far fetched, but with the ongoing crisis, this story is sadly somewhat relatable. I love your writing style, it's really immersive. I feel like I'm actually in the story and I'm seeing things happen. The first person pov was certainly a wonderful choice. I also like the fact that our protagonist isn't naive and is reluctant to trust. That's very important to survival.
Wonderful plot, great talent, keep em coming bro cheesy

This is literally the best thing anyone has said to me on this Nairaland Forum. Thanks, I really appreciate your analysis. I'll give you everything I've got.

1 Like

Re: An Obsolete World by Jaika(m): 8:41pm On Jun 02, 2020
DarkGamer:

This is literally the best thing anyone has said to me on this Nairaland Forum. Thanks, I really appreciate your analysis. I'll give you everything I've got.
You're welcome. It's my pleasure grin I'm waiting for the next one

1 Like

Re: An Obsolete World by DarkGamer: 10:05am On Jun 03, 2020
I froze in front of the water dispenser with the cup of water in my hand. I knew that the question was coming but I didn’t know how best to respond to it. Telling him my name seemed casual and it was not a big deal, however I didn’t know if I was ready to tell him, to put my faith and trust in him. In this world where nothing made sense anymore I wanted to hold on to something as seemingly irrelevant as that. I had to trust him to be able to give him my name, and after the incident that occurred in the past I wasn’t sure if I was ready to trust people any longer.

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

Twelve years ago I was seven years old. The world was still reeling from the impact of the appearance of the Halmstad virus and everything was in disarray. Governments all around the world imposed curfew and a lockdown constraining people in order to control the spread of the virus. It seemed like a very effective method to reduce the deaths and combat the activities of the virus. In end it all proved fruitless and unsuccessful because the virus ended up killing billions of the world’s population. I lost my family to the virus.

My father was a high ranking scientist who was assigned to Halmstad, Sweden to study about the virus and try to find its method of dispersal. It was reported that he died along with the rest of the team in Sweden and his body was not retrieved, probably infected. Being seven it didn’t really make a big impact in my life and I didn’t really feel his loss because he had never really been around. My mother took the responsibility of raising me up practically on her own and my father provided her with the financial support she required. My father was wealthy and I never lacked anything in my childhood. It’s ironical that all the wealth is irrelevant in this current world.

Despite the long and regular periods of absence, I still cherished the memories with my father. He was a good man and put a lot of concentration to whatever task he had at the moment, and when he was home I was his number one priority. I didn’t have any siblings so I had his undivided attention. However despite his money and intelligence, what my mother really yearned for was his presence in her life. It was hard on her and sometimes the loneliness showed in her attitude. There was a threat of divorce looming in the air before the virus wrecked the Earth. She would leave with some financial benefits and I would stay with my father.

My father was one of the few people in the world at that time who knew that a big change was coming to disrupt the normalcy on Earth. In his final moments with me, he made me realize that and wanted me to prepare for anything. He taught me basic survival skills and provided me with my first gun. I knew he was not licensed to purchase or possess a gun so my best bet was that he bought it off the black market. He spent every available moment he could spare to teach me how to use the gun. I can still remember his arms wrapped around mine and he would guide my fingers to hold the trigger and fire the targets. My mother was totally against his lessons and often rebuked him openly about it. Her justification for her claim was that I was obviously still a child and my knowledge of something like this would scar me psychologically in future. He always tried to make her listen to his voice of reason but she never really came around to it.

He always wanted to protect me and keep me safe and that was the reason why he taught me the ranged method of shooting. He always said, in his words that, “Most times the best way to stay safe in combat is if you have an edge over your opponent. If you can eliminate your enemy without coming in contact with him or you being in his field of vision, you are more probable to stay alive than others.’’ His advice was the reason why I decided to become a sniper.

When the virus infected my city of residence, Berlin, its effect was instantaneous. Thousands of people got infected in a single day and within a month, the whole city became a center of carnage. My father had already been deployed to Sweden and we were left stuck at home with no place to run to. We decided to stay locked down inside the house and we had enough supplies to last us for a year if we could stay that long. There was an underground bunker in the interior of the house and mother and I decided to stay cooped up there. All the house’s domestic staff and security had been dismissed, so we were alone and scared.

After a few more weeks, we went up to level ground to get some natural ventilation. It was the day our luck ran out because some mutated humans busted into the house. Panic stricken and exhausted, we tried to run and return back to the bunker. After evading the mutants, we arrived at the entrance to the bunker and my mother went inside first. As I followed trying to enter too, she stopped me and denied me access. I was scared and didn’t understand what went wrong.

“Honey I know this seems cruel but I’m doing this in your own interest,” she started with tears in her eyes. “I don’t know how to say this.”

“Mum, I’m scared please. I just want to stay with you.” I said turning back to check if the mutants were behind us. I could hear their moans and thrashing sounds from a room nearby.

“I have to be honest honey, I don’t know if I want to do this any longer. You’re meant to be your father’s problem and now he’s dead and I’m the one suffering to protect you. It has always been like that, he always left everything for me to handle and was never around.” She stated with an inflection in her voice. This was a side to my mother that I had never seen before; I guess the stress was taking its toll on her. “And now he’s cheated his way out of taking you into his custody by dying and leaving you with me”

“Don’t you love me mum?”

“I do, I’ve always loved you but I don’t want your death to be on my hands that is why I’m letting you go.”

“Letting me go into a cruel and sick world mum?” I inquired pleadingly looking at her to see if she would change her mind and reconsider on the decision she was making. “I’m just seven, how do you expect me to survive on my own?”

“The way your father taught you to.”

In that moment, my seven year old brain had managed to realize the sad and ugly truth. My mother had stopped loving me and my father. Being lugged around with someone you were trying to detach yourself from took a tremendous amount of resolve and she was ready to give up on me. Normally a regular child would not comprehend the situation and probably breakdown in tears but the survival lessons with my father had taught me to prepare for the unexpected. And this situation was totally unexpected.

I realized that there was not much time left before the mutants found me so I decided to act fast. I took a look at my mother and turned away from her so she’d not have the luxury of seeing my tears that moment. I heard the door to the bunker close behind me and I looked around the room for any weapon I could use to defend myself. I spotted a pistol which lay atop a trophy cabinet and I decided to use that. The problem was that it was too high for me to reach and I quickly dragged a reading chair below the cabinet and climbed on it. I stretched and grabbed the gun checking if it was loaded, I confirmed it as I jumped down from the chair. I went behind the trophy cabinet and waited for the mutants to appear.

In a few minutes, I could sense their presence and I checked stealthily to pinpoint their location. There were only two of them and they stood by the door scanning the room visually. I picked my first target, the closer mutant who walked slowly into the room. Steadying my hands and my breath rate, I raised the gun and tried to focus it on the figure of the mutant. A heartbeat later, I fired two shots aimed at the head and the mutant wailed as he fell to the floor heavily.

One more to go

After recovering from the shock of seeing its partner dropping dead, it moved into the room quickly and discovered my location. Bile shot to my mouth due to the fear and I glanced around the room trying to muster any plan my childish brain could produce. I decided on running and evading him. The mutant ran towards me and I kicked the chair in his path, temporarily slowing him for a few seconds which was enough for me. I ran to a nearby table and flipped it to its side forming a barricade, something I had learnt from a movie, no doubt. The mutant clearly enraged growled menacingly and lunged at me. I steadied my hands again and fired, this time at his leg. He stumbled and fell back and I used the opening to release more shots from the pistol. His death wails rang louder than his comrade and I realized that I had just killed my first human targets. There was no turning back.

I slowly stood up, shaking as I tried to walk. I walked trying to clear the sickening feeling I felt as I approached the bunker. I knocked against the entrance door, calling my mother. She slowly raised the metal lid open and glanced around if there was any form of danger. Her eyes stopped at the dead bodies of the mutant and she looked at me with the gun in my hand. I stared into her eyes and I felt her shock and fear. She tried to say something but I could not hear whatever she was saying. My mind was conflicted and I needed to be decisive so I just gazed at her without a word.

Some minutes later, I raised the gun towards her face and shot.

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

2 Likes

Re: An Obsolete World by cassbeat(m): 6:32pm On Jun 03, 2020
What'?? He shot his mother??'

1 Like

Re: An Obsolete World by DarkGamer: 6:57pm On Jun 03, 2020
cassbeat:
What'?? He shot his mother??'

Yup.... I'm as surprised as you are... grin grin grin grin.

(There's also a slight twist which you'll discover in a few coming chapters)

1 Like

Re: An Obsolete World by DarkGamer: 7:17pm On Jun 03, 2020
Inviting...
@KelvinCoaster @imightnotexist @Ekeojoestar @iykeany @temple1985 @olaspecific @Badimo @aprilwise

1 Like

Re: An Obsolete World by cassbeat(m): 9:12pm On Jun 03, 2020
DarkGamer:

Yup.... I'm as surprised as you are... grin grin grin grin.

(There's also a slight twist which you'll discover in a few coming chapters)
Ok silently following....

1 Like

Re: An Obsolete World by fioky(m): 8:39am On Jun 04, 2020
DarkGamer:

grin grin. Your nickname also sounds Akwa Ibom-ish too.

Thanks, I hope you like the story. smiley smiley

Yea, I'm a certified Uyo boy angry
Been thinking of writing an Akwa Ibom based story cool

I sure like the story
Re: An Obsolete World by DarkGamer: 10:50am On Jun 04, 2020
fioky:

Yea, I'm a certified Uyo boy angry
Been thinking of writing an Akwa Ibom based story cool

I sure like the story

I've thought about that... that's cool though. I would read it

Thanks

1 Like

Re: An Obsolete World by olaspecific(m): 10:14am On Jun 06, 2020
Inviting... @olaspecific Thanks for the invite

1 Like

Re: An Obsolete World by DarkGamer: 9:00pm On Jun 06, 2020
I'm sorry that I wasn't able to update recently. I've been really busy.
Re: An Obsolete World by DarkGamer: 9:06pm On Jun 06, 2020
I held my cup tightly while I pressed it to my lips. I turned to face him, temporarily reeling from the shock of the flashback. I slowly hobbled to the table where he stood looking at papers and tried to clear my mind. Then I took a sip from the cup of water and steadied my stance. He looked up from the papers and stared at me, waiting for me to say something.

“I’m aware that for us to co-exist mutually and successfully, there has to be a level of trust between us.” I started uneasily and tried to figure my next choice of words. “Also the exchanging names seems like an insignificant element of building a relationship but it matters and it is essential.” He just continued staring at me agape, evidently trying to comprehend what I had just said.

“So in essence, what are you trying to say?” He inquired.

“I’m saying that I don’t think it’s time for me to tell you my name.” Immediately I said that, I paused unsure if I was making any sense with my words.

Actually, What’s important in withholding your name from him? It really doesn’t make any sense and he’s going to probably think you’re an insecure weirdo. Maybe that’s what he thinks right now? I said to myself, conflicting thoughts clashing in my brain.

“Well that honestly seems like a psychological theory which I’m unaware but I don’t mind telling you mine.” He responded with a casual look as he picked up a piece of paper from the floor to examine. “I’m Derek, Derek Walker”

I paused and realized that I just found out his name and he didn’t seem to mind. He must have had trust in me to have been able to do that. I considered damning the consequences and reciprocating by telling him mine, but I quickly decided against the idea. He was going to have to earn my trust and my name.

“Alright, but I’m still not telling you my name.” I said dropping the cup on the table and pulling a chair close so I could sit down.

“Quick question then, what am I supposed to call you or how do I refer to you?” He with a hint of sarcasm and a smile on his face.

“I suppose you could call me whatever you wanted, I don’t mind.” I replied as I sat down on the metal chair. He just shrugged and continued looking at papers.

I leaned in towards him so I could see what he was looking at. The papers were mostly covered with diagrams and calculations. I wondered what they could be and despite the urge I felt to ask, I chose not to. I just looked at the papers intently with a nonchalant outlook. I felt the need to say something in order to break the ice between us.

“Umm… Derek, I was thinking about something.” I started, his name sounding strange out loud. “Well you know when you met me and stopped me from touching my gun?”

He looked up from the papers and turned to listen to my question.

“You told me not to touch the gun because it could be infected and I was wondering how you brought it here, obviously you touched it.” I said, glancing at the rifle on the bed. “And now I’ve touched it too, so what if it’s actually infected?”

He laughed and quickly stopped when he noticed my demeanor. I was confused and angry that he was making fun of my simple question.

“I expected you to ask that. Well I wasn’t exactly sure if it was infected or not, so I had to disinfect the rifle with some chemicals.”

“Chemicals? Where did you get them?” I pressed on.

“Well, it’s just a few hydrocarbons that I mixed together to form an alcohol. It’s actually a self-made disinfectant. Have I answered your question?”

“Yeah I guess so, I just wanted to be sure.” I also felt urged to commend his intelligence but I decided against it again. He seemed very smart and knowledgeable, so it was probably good I had him as a partner. I stared closely at his face as he continued looking at the papers and realized that I had never actually observed his features. He had chestnut brown hair which was rumpled and messy but still looked good. The area around his nose was covered in freckles and he had brown eyes which looked like caramel toffee. Facial hair spurted from the sides of his face and he had a lean body build.

“Hey! Are you staring at me?” Derek inquired and I blinked furiously, trying to focus on him. Very embarrassing that he caught me out like that.

“Umm… no. Absolutely not, I was just trying to… imagine something,” I shot at him.

“Whatever, just don’t make it too creepy.” He responded. “I wanted to wait till you felt better we just met and all, but since we are partners, we need to work together.”

I wasn’t sure where he was heading with his statement, but I still decided to wait and listen to him.

“You’ve seen these papers I’ve been looking at since right?” He asked rhetorically.

Obviously, you’ve been staring at them all day, I thought to myself.

“Well, they’re coordinates of some locations I’ve stumbled across in the past,” He said concentrating as he looked at them. “I just wanted you to know in guess you were wondering.”

Oh okay, apparently that was a very important piece of information which you felt inclined to share, I thought sarcastically.

I stood up from the chair and stretched my legs. Derek was still absorbed in the papers which seemed very significant to him and he didn’t notice me standing. I turned and decided to go back to the bed so that I could rest. I hobbled to the bed and lifted myself unto it. I lay facing upwards and covered up to my neck with an old blanket and prepared to drift off when I heard Derek’s voice.

“Mutants are not as dumb as they seem to appear, they are intelligent and adaptive. There’s something or someone controlling them.”

1 Like

Re: An Obsolete World by Dybala11(m): 3:47am On Jun 07, 2020
Thanks for the update OP, I'm following you bumba to bumba.

1 Like

Re: An Obsolete World by DarkGamer: 12:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
No problem. I'll keep you covered.
Re: An Obsolete World by DarkGamer: 12:12pm On Jun 08, 2020
Two weeks later, my bandaged ankle felt a lot better and I was itching to leave the stuffy and air deprived room. I needed some fresh air and being cooped up in this room was getting exasperating. Derek tried his best to take care of me and provided me with food every day. He roasted birds and small rodents that he caught and occasionally threw in some fruits and vegetables to maintain a balanced diet. I couldn’t complain though I was bedridden, always laying down and thinking.

Today, Derek sat on the rusty metal chair and crossed his outstretched legs on the table. He had a book before him, a novel to be precise and he was absorbed in reading it. I edged forward, so I could catch the title of the novel. It was 1984 by George Orwell, a book I faintly remembered my father reading. I recalled him narrating the plot of the book to me, I didn’t really understand it at that time but it was beginning to make sense to me now.

As I lay on the bed, I thought about the book and how it related to our present world. It was a satire and a somewhat distant but relatable visualization of our Earth now. Ever since Derek explained to me about his theory of the virus, I couldn’t stop thinking about it. It was perplexing and though it could be true, there was a high probability that it was just another hypothesis.

Derek was so engrossed in the book and he didn’t pay attention to anything around him. That was how a typical day around here went by, I woke up and ate, had a wash and lay on the bed throughout the entire day. Derek went out to hunt and examine the town above for any signs of intruders or mutant appearances, when he came back he either worked on his research, or read books. I looked at him as he sat and I called him. After the third time, I shouted his name and he just muttered something unintelligible and didn’t bother to look up.

Ughh…. What a nerd.

“Derek I’ve been thinking about something for a couple of days now and I just wanted to run it by you to see if it was okay.” I said while I looked at him. He nodded and I continued. “My ankle feels better now and I can walk around comfortably now.”

“Alright, but where are you going with this?” He asked calmly as he went on reading his book.

“I was wondering if I could accompany you when you leave to check out the town.” I replied while I fidgeted with the blanket on the bed. Something told me that I would receive a negative answer.

“No.”

Wait, I didn’t expect such a direct answer from him

“It’s not yet time for you to start walking long distances, give it a few more days and we’ll see how it goes.” He finished.

Then my rebellious and impulsive spirit kicked in. “A few more days! I’m lying down on this filthy bed every day and you tell me to keep waiting? Oh no, I’m going out whether you like it or not, who made you the boss of me anyways?”

I paused after my outburst and stared at him. He just looked stunned and it was the first time he looked at me since he read the book today. He just closed the book and dropped it on the table gently. I watched silently, not knowing what to expect. Derek stood up and grabbed a pistol from a drawer in the table and deposited in his holster and turned to me. He smirked evilly and headed to the ladder. Everything happened seemed like it happened in slow motion and before I could utter a word, he was already up the ladder and out the upper door. Then it hit me.

He was just too annoying, he knew I’ll need his assistance to climb the ladder and he left to discourage me. I’ll just have to show him.

I stretched my limbs on the bed and prepared to follow him. I was determined to show him that I was not a pushover and I could endure anything. There was no obstacle too strong for me overcome. I edged out of the bed and searched for my backpack, after some seconds I found it at a corner close to the bed. After ransacking the backpack, I found an old sweatshirt. I decided on it in case the weather was chilly outside. I also grabbed my M14 and slung it across my back. The last item was my stock pack which was, as usual always strung around my waist. My ammo supply was low though, If I didn’t find a dealer soon, I’d soon run out.

Cross checking everything, I concluded that I was ready and I walked towards the ladder. I stopped and looked at the ladder having seconds thought about it. I decided to continue and held the lowest rung of the ladder. Since it was made of rope, it was not as sturdy as I would have liked it to be and it flayed carelessly. I gripped the two sides of the ladder and slowly put my feet on a rung, the good feet. I tried to maintain a steady weight on the ladder with some success and I got more optimistic. Then I slowly put the other feet on the ladder and paused, hanging in midair. It didn’t hurt much so I put my good right foot up and continued the process until I got to the top.

Derek left the door opened and I grabbed the edges of the floor and inched upwards. Half of my body was already in the bookstore and a few moments later, I was standing in the first floor of the book store. With a smile on my face, I strode towards the front door. I opened the front door and was greeted by cold and natural air. I paused and allowed the air to caress my skin and pores, enjoying every second of it. The underground room seemed like a sauna when compared to this.

After relishing the natural air, I stepped out into the parking lot of the bookstore. Everything looked the same except the sign had fallen down. I walked past it and hugged my sweatshirt. The air was indeed chilly and I was happy that I had brought the sweatshirt. I got out of the environs of the bookstore and warily checked the surroundings for anything strange, specifically for mutants. I knew it was a ghost town but I needed to be sure, besides I was attacked when I arrived here so I wasn’t taking any chances.

I increased my walk to a slow jog and I looked around the block as I moved past. When we got here that first night, I was drowsy from the walk and my ankle hurt so I couldn’t adequately examine my surroundings. Minutes into my walk, I stopped because I had arrived at a junction. There were two roads leading to different directions and I wasn’t sure which to pick. Then I turned back to see the path I had just come from, I couldn’t recognize it. I was so absorbed in my newfound freedom that I let my guard down and forgot to keep a mental note of my location. As if that wasn’t enough, I heard rustling sounds from a tree beside me. Grabbing my rifle, I moved back slowly while I kept my eyes focused on the tree.

Here we go again.

1 Like

Re: An Obsolete World by Lakesc: 2:40pm On Jun 08, 2020
Thanks op...
Re: An Obsolete World by DarkGamer: 3:45pm On Jun 08, 2020
Lakesc:
Thanks op...

You're welcome Lakesc. I'll do my best to come up with a captivating plot to please my audience. How do you find the story? Are you enjoying it?
Re: An Obsolete World by Lakesc: 3:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
DarkGamer:

You're welcome Lakesc. I'll do my best to come up with a captivating plot to please my audience. How do you find the story? Are you enjoying it?
Yes Sir.. Reading through is like watching american zombie movie.. More inspiration and grace to carry on ur good works OP...

1 Like

Re: An Obsolete World by DarkGamer: 10:18pm On Jun 08, 2020
Lakesc:
Yes Sir.. Reading through is like watching american zombie movie.. More inspiration and grace to carry on ur good works OP...

I appreciate your comment. Thumbs up. I got your back.

1 Like

Re: An Obsolete World by DarkGamer: 9:12am On Jun 09, 2020
Hey everyone,
I just wanted to dedicate this message to everyone reading my story. It's a pleasure and this makes me very happy. Honestly, I know the novel genre Science Fiction isn't very popular in Nigeria but I still have people that are willing to stay and diligently wait for updates. I have over a 1000 views as I write this now, but though the figures are quite impressive, I don't really pay too much attention to it because I know that most of them just read and pass by. I am happier when I am aware of the readers that constantly follow and comment. Thanks to you, even the silent ones too.

I am also very happy whenever people read my and leave comments, this encourages me to write because I know that they are following. I want to appreciate everyone that does that. You keep me going and that's why I put in effort to make sure each update keeps you entertained and yearning for more. That's why I'm using this opportunity to give a shoutout to the following Nairalanders for their support on this thread.

Biokuabdullahi for your comments. You actually made me continue the story when I wanted to give up.
Fioky for being a brother and being cool.
Busybrains for following.
cassbeat for your encouragement.
ena5four for competently reading. Thumbs up.
Jaika for your review and your comments. You are the bomb.
Dybala11 for being my first follower and for following the story patiently.
Lakesc though you're new here so thanks for sticking around.
Badasss for being a new friend
Waywardpikin or Waywardpikin1 I used two usernames because I wasn't sure. You inspired me to write on this forum and you've been like a role model, giving advice and your support. Man, you're too awesome.
P.S he has a good story so check it out on his thread.

Finally I'm dedicating my next chapter to you guys. Thanks for being there.

I'll be posting updates regularly by 8pm so anticipate.

wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Obsolete World by cassbeat(m): 9:49am On Jun 09, 2020
DarkGamer:
Hey everyone,
I just wanted to dedicate this message to everyone reading my story. It's a pleasure and this makes me very happy. Honestly, I know the novel genre Science Fiction isn't very popular in Nigeria but I still have people that are willing to stay and diligently wait for updates. I have over a 1000 views as I write this now, but though the figures are quite impressive, I don't really pay too much attention to it because I know that most of them just read and pass by. I am happier when I am aware of the readers that constantly follow and comment. Thanks to you, even the silent ones too.

I am also very happy whenever people read my and leave comments, this encourages me to write because I know that they are following. I want to appreciate everyone that does that. You keep me going and that's why I put in effort to make sure each update keeps you entertained and yearning for more. That's why I'm using this opportunity to give a shoutout to the following Nairalanders for their support on this thread.

Biokuabdullahi for your comments. You actually made me continue the story when I wanted to give up.
Waywardpikin or Waywardpikin1 I used two usernames because I wasn't sure. You inspired me to write on this forum and you've been like a role model, giving advice and your support. Man, you're too awesome.

wink
Keep up the good work bro... I'm behind you

1 Like

Re: An Obsolete World by DarkGamer: 11:21am On Jun 09, 2020
cassbeat:
Keep up the good work bro... I'm behind you
Thanks, good to know bro
Re: An Obsolete World by cassbeat(m): 11:45am On Jun 09, 2020
DarkGamer:

Thanks, good to know bro
You welcome bro
Re: An Obsolete World by Dybala11(m): 2:44pm On Jun 09, 2020
DarkGamer:
Hey everyone,

wink
You're welcome OP.
Re: An Obsolete World by DarkGamer: 2:47pm On Jun 09, 2020
Dybala11:

You're welcome OP.
No problem bruh.
BTW is dybala your favorite football player?
Re: An Obsolete World by Dybala11(m): 2:49pm On Jun 09, 2020
DarkGamer:

No problem bruh.
BTW is dybala your favorite football player?
Nope. I'm a Ronaldo fan bro, the idea of using Paulo as my username here just kinda popped out of nowhere and I decided to go with the flow.
Re: An Obsolete World by DarkGamer: 2:53pm On Jun 09, 2020
Dybala11:

Nope. I'm a Ronaldo fan bro, the idea of using Paulo as my username here just kinda popped out of nowhere and I decided to go with the flow.
Ohh... That's cool. I'm also a diehard CR7 fan too. Nice to meet a fellow supporter.
Re: An Obsolete World by Dybala11(m): 2:58pm On Jun 09, 2020
DarkGamer:

Ohh... That's cool. I'm also a diehard CR7 fan too. Nice to meet a fellow supporter.
That's good bro.
By the way, you mentioned in one of your previous posts that you're a programmer, may I ask how you started?? I'm already a graduate though, but I'm interested in learning computer programming.
Re: An Obsolete World by Lakesc: 2:58pm On Jun 09, 2020
Will be anticipating the updata sir...
Re: An Obsolete World by Jaika(m): 4:02pm On Jun 09, 2020
DarkGamer:
Hey everyone,

wink
grin grin I'm following ... But i don't know why our guy is being reckless. He's not completely healed and he's putting himself at risk. He might not want to trust Derek just yet, but at least the guy helped him. Can't wait to find out what was in that tree. I hope it's not a....shocked

1 Like

Re: An Obsolete World by DarkGamer: 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2020
Dybala11:

That's good bro.
By the way, you mentioned in one of your previous posts that you're a programmer, may I ask how you started?? I'm already a graduate though, but I'm interested in learning computer programming.
Oh yeah I program, but mostly for fun though. Umm.. I started in my Js1 in a summer camp. I learnt HTML and it was relatively easy. I've learnt a few more since then but school work keeps holding me back. So you're interested in learning... Alright.

You could pay a tutor to teach you or learn online. The second option would be better especially during this lockdown period. So I have two apps for you to download. First one is grasshopper for JavaScript. Very easy to understand and user friendly. Second one is Sololearn, you can learn multiple languages and get a certificate when you finish. Just start with this two first.

I hope it helps you.
Re: An Obsolete World by DarkGamer: 4:28pm On Jun 09, 2020
Jaika:

grin grin I'm following ... But i don't know why our guy is being reckless. He's not completely healed and he's putting himself at risk. He might not want to trust Derek just yet, but at least the guy helped him. Can't wait to find out what was in that tree. I hope it's not a....shocked

Honestly I agree with you. He's barely stable and he is in another trouble now. As for the tree, I guess we'll have to wait till tonight to find out. grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adventure Of Sam Tee(story Of A Young Teenager,love...and..crime) / Work At Home / Encounter With The Witch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.