Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue (20039 Views)

Nigeria's GDP Grew By 1.87% in Q1 2020 Amid Global Challenges / Nigeria To Borrow N510 Billion Via Bond Sale In Q1 2020 / Ondo State Records Highest performing IGR Growth in Nigeria (see full list) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by 9japride(m): 12:24pm On May 21, 2020
mystery22:
Anambra is bigger than Lagos state by landmass bro,remember Anambra is the smallest state in south east oo,build seaport in IMO river(azumini,abia state)and int'l airport in Enugu and see Lagos go down the drain..
[color=#006600][/color]

You are right, Lagos state size is 3,577km/sqr and Anambra is 4, 844km/sqr. The most painful aspect is the 2nd Niger bridge that is just looking like a simple design, I am sure their intention is to block larger barges from entering into communities in the River Niger areas. People don't ask questions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Sammy07: 12:24pm On May 21, 2020
CHIMAOBICCU:
I don't know why I am wasting my time replying gay like u. Anuofia get a life and be useful to ur self

Oponu from online republic

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by omonnakoda: 12:26pm On May 21, 2020
jaxxy:

Hahaha Ure also my brother actually. Truth is Igbo’s are boastful bt do are other tribes when it’s necessary. Igbo had cause to defend their ill treatment and that was actually the beginning of the boast. It’s a defensive mechanism and partly true. I’m sure if they were not verbally attacked they would have cause to defend themselves as well. Every enthic group will do such if they were ridiculed anywhere they feel thy have contributed immensely.

I sure Igbo’s don’t shout like dat in abuja or up north or even ogun state here. I’m not saying it’s right bt I understand the reasons even though it can be annoying cos it’s a collective contribution from many groups aswell not just Igbo’s.
They have ALWAYS been boastful and SPITEFUL even in the first republic

Study what they did after the January 1966 coup,making songs,cartoons and taunting Hausa folk. That is how they RELATE TO EACH OTHER
it is not about mistreatment.
The Ibo world view is that rank in society is determined by wealth and that that wealth should be used to oppress .
Wealth is even more important that age if I have more money than my elder I should speak first at the village meeting
That is deeply offensive to Yoruba and Hausa people. They lack the self awareness to adjust their behaviour to the mood others

9 Likes

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by BabaRamota1980: 12:27pm On May 21, 2020
Flyingngel:
Ajibel post:

The money isn't much if we're to be honest. The government really needs to work on areas where they can get more revenues like Transportation and the manufacturing industries etc.

There is no year the money will be much, even if they collect 1trillion quarterly: the problem is how has they utilized the small so that the plenty will come?
In Lagos if 85% of the money accrued to her was used judiciously and also. sticking to the state master plan, my brother Lagos would have gone very very far interns of infrastructure and human capital development.

The restrictions in development comes from statutory powers military regimes stole from indigeneous lands and donated to the center. Water in Lagos has great potential for its expansion and growth but it has to beg FG to use any part of its water for anything. Lagos cannot even build a jetty on its lagoon without first applying to FG for license and getting approval. Lagos must apply and get FG approval to build a water treatment plant. Lagos cannot say no if every alajiri in North choose to relocate and flood its streets. It can make edicts to ban street begging but it cannot ban them from residing. This lack of jurisdiction power made it possible for indigents and rejects in SE to migrate and flood Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by CHIMAOBICCU(m): 12:28pm On May 21, 2020
Sammy07:

Oponu from online republic
smh
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by ola6: 12:28pm On May 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

Study what they did after the January 1966 coup,making songs,cartoons and taunting Hausa folk. That is how they RELATE TO EACH OTHER
The Ibo world view is that rank in society is determined by wealth and that that wealth should be used to oppress .
Wealth is even more important that age if I have more money than my older I should speak first at the village meeting
That is deeply offensive to Yoruba and Hausa people. They lack the self awareness to adjust their behaviour to the mood others

...and that is why they are considered primitive...
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by mystery22: 12:29pm On May 21, 2020
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

You are right, Lagos state size is 3,577km/sqr and Anambra is 4, 844km/sqr. The most painful aspect is the 2nd Niger bridge that is just looking like a simple design, I am sure their intent is to block larger barges from entering into communities in the River Niger areas. People don't ask questions.
exactly,I took a close look at it,no space for ocean liners to past through, so painful

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Btruth: 12:30pm On May 21, 2020
raker300:
Obasa would take 20% of that money while 40% goes to Tinubu.

at least they leave 40% for Sanwo-Olu and the rest of lagosians .....lol
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by omonnakoda: 12:32pm On May 21, 2020
ola6:

...and that is why they are considered primitive...
Even here on Nairaland one idiot 2 weeks ago started telling me without knowing me from Chinedu how he is richer than me and challenged me to a wealth comparison contest,totally oblivious of how crude and primitive he sounded but it's their culture
T

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by jaxxy(m): 12:34pm On May 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

Wealth is even more important that age if I have more money than my older I should speak first at the village meeting

Yes u have a major point bt like every ethnic group it’s not every Igbo that behaves this way. And also other ethnic groups have boastful people in numbers I wud say Yoruba follow next on boasting after Igbo’s just they do it differently and for different reasons.

Let’s reverse the scenario and Yorubas were in an eastern state in mass and impacted majorly on the state. They will talk if ridiculed. This may also be cos of a long disaffection btwn both parties. I’m not very sure.
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by 9japride(m): 12:36pm On May 21, 2020
mystery22:
exactly,I took a close look at it,no space for ocean liners to past through, so painful
[color=#006600][/color]

Very painful and majority of the educated leaders are mute. The northern leaders too thinks they are harming the south east, them too will be cut off from the development that may come from that river, because the river goes up north too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Adunolaco: 12:38pm On May 21, 2020
Bundesliga games for this weekends

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by BabaRamota1980: 12:40pm On May 21, 2020
mystery22:
Anambra is bigger than Lagos state by landmass bro,remember Anambra is the smallest state in south east oo,build seaport in IMO river(azumini,abia state)and int'l airport in Enugu and see Lagos go down the drain..

Entire Lagos State is a metrocity (now renamed megacity).

From Ikeja till you reach Badagry, to Ikorodu, Lagos Island, Epe, its all built up. That's IBILE, entire Lagos State.

You dont have that in the bigger size Anambra. Onitsha is the most cosmopolitan place in SE. Onitsha is far behind any of the IBILE area in an individual comparison. No area in SE can match Ikeja, Badagry, Ikorodu, Lagos Island, Epe.

So what benefit do you get from size?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by omonnakoda: 12:42pm On May 21, 2020
jaxxy:

Yes u have a major point bt like every ethnic group it’s not every Igbo that behaves this way. And also other ethnic groups have boastful people in numbers I wud say Yoruba follow next on boasting after Igbo’s just they do it differently and for different reasons.

Let’s reverse the scenario and Yorubas were in an eastern state in mass and impacted majorly on the state. They will talk if ridiculed. This may also be cos of a long disaffection btwn both parties. I’m not very sure.

You keep returning to the same flawed premise

Who is ridiculing Ibos.
Are they being ridiculed in South Africa?

In Port Harcourt why did they lose their property en masse to the Abandoned property law?

Are we to believe that in 1970 Yoruba in Lagos were unaware of the law when they handed their property back to them and even rent for the war duration.
Was that ridicule?

If you want to play role reversal ask and answer

Would Ibos do that for anyone even for their brothers?
Boasting is universal no doubt but we are talking not of individual boasting but inter ethnic group boasting Ibos do this anywhere you find them whether in Ghana or Lagos

Yoruba are in the Niger Delta and they are very impactful without noise.
The helicopter company that Wike grounded is Yoruba but until that episode you hear no noise

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by golddust6000(m): 12:43pm On May 21, 2020
With all this wealth Lagos can’t boast of good road, uyo which has huge landmass has roads more than Lagos. The corruption is very real.
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by omonnakoda: 12:44pm On May 21, 2020
golddust6000:
With all this wealth Lagos can’t boast of good road, uyo which has huge landmass has roads more than Lagos. The corruption is very real.
So why is business not flocking to Uyo

Why are they coming to build Another seaport in Lekki

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by mystery22: 12:45pm On May 21, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Entire Lagos State is a metrocity (now renamed megacity).

From Ikeja till you reach Badagry, to Ikorodu, Lagos Island, Epe, its all built up. That's IBILE, entire Lagos State.

You dont have that in the bigger size Anambra. Onitsha is the most cosmopolitan place in SE. Onitsha is far behind any of the IBILE area in an individual comparison. No area in SE can match Ikeja, Badagry, Ikorodu, Lagos Island, Epe.

So what benefit do you get from size?
exactly, says a man from Ogun state,better concentrate on your skull mining cos that's all you people are good at,why not develop Ogun state,cos everybody develop lagos,develop Ogun state,look how you guys are killing each other in Ogun state cos foreigners don't live there...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by omonnakoda: 12:49pm On May 21, 2020
mystery22:
exactly, says a man from Ogun state,better concentrate on your skull mining cos that's all you people are good at,why not develop Ogun state,cos everybody develop lagos,develop Ogun state,look how you guys are killing each other in Ogun state cos foreigners don't live there...
See bitterment and gnashing of teeth

You folk have no clue what is happening.
You think it is by making noise Biafuro or death upandan.
You will soon understand when the dots are all joined up

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by golddust6000(m): 12:53pm On May 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

So why is business not flocking to Uyo

Why are they coming to build Another seaport in Lekki
Lagos house 75% of total flight coming to Nigeria.
Government policy is hurting development of other region.
If you restructure Nigeria today you will see how development will come. As for now Lagos intake the lead but corruption and disorganised environment c any make Lagos to 50 best cities in the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by omonnakoda: 12:54pm On May 21, 2020
golddust6000:
Lagos house 75% of total flight coming to Nigeria.
Government policy is hurting development of other region.
If you restructure Nigeria today you will see how development will come. As for now Lagos intake the lead but corruption and disorganised environment c any make Lagos to 50 best cities in the world.

What is the "policy" you refer to?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by mystery22: 12:55pm On May 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

See betterment

You folk have no clue what is happening.
You think it is by making noise Biafuro or death upandan.
You will soon understand when the dots are all joined up
e pain am,no be only dot na line, you people plan of making Ogun state an extension of Lagos state will fail,take a look at Benin republic your Yoruba brothers and see how afonja republic will look like..you guys are just nuisance,robbing peter to pay Paul,build int'l seaport and airport in every region and watch Lagos become another Ogun state,the truth is you people are not creative and united,no wonder your fathers died to keep us in Nigeria

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by projectNDPRA: 12:55pm On May 21, 2020
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by omonnakoda: 12:58pm On May 21, 2020
mystery22:
e pain am,no be only dot na line, you people plan of making Ogun state an extension of Lagos state will fail,take a look at Benin republic your Yoruba brothers and see how afonja republic will look like..you guys are just nuisance,robbing peter to pay Paul,build int'l seaport and airport in every region and watch Lagos become another Ogun state,the truth is you people are not creative and united,no wonder your fathers died to keep us in Nigeria
Anguish

not just Ogun but the region

Ogun is the new manufacturing hub
Check out Ogun IGR

Lagos Ibadan rail loading
People will travel to Lagos to work in the morning and return to Ibadan in the evening
DAWN Agenda taking off

You will be in the stands clapping and cheering

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by bilulu(m): 12:59pm On May 21, 2020
Sammy07:
Some people will tell us they are behind Lagos economy grin

Imagine, how much does 2 by 2 shops pays to Lagos economy? sad

Pls, no Easternbull tout should quote me.
Instead of you to question how the money is being spent you dey yarn dust.....

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by jaxxy(m): 1:00pm On May 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

You keep returning to the same flawed premise

Who is ridiculing Ibos.
Are they being ridiculed in South Africa?

In Port Harcourt why did they lose their property en masse to the Abandoned property law?

Are we to believe that in 1970 Yoruba in Lagos were unaware of the law when they handed their property back to them and even rent for the war duration.
Was that ridicule?

If you want to play role reversal ask and answer

Would Ibos do that for anyone even for their brothers?
Boasting is universal no doubt but we are talking not of individual boasting but inter ethnic group boasting Ibos do this anywhere you find them whether in Ghana or Lagos

Yoruba are in the Niger Delta and they are very impactful without noise.
The helicopter company that Wike grounded is Yoruba but until that episode you hear no noise

Lol I do agree with u to a large extent bt not totally. I have stated Smtn similar b4 that Igbo’s are boastful and smtmes it’s even innocent and unconscious bt it may be a 2nd nature due to environment and adopted way of life. Yoruba also have their own aspects and excesses of adopted way of life. Parties lol
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by omonnakoda: 1:03pm On May 21, 2020
jaxxy:

Lol I do agree with u to a large extent bt not totally. I have stated Smtn similar b4 that Igbo’s are boastful and smtmes it’s even innocent and unconscious bt it may be a 2nd nature due to environment and adopted way of life. Yoruba also have their own aspects and excesses of adopted way of life. Parties lol
If you agreed with me totally you would be me.
We are not doing a compare and contrast Yoruba vs Ibo essay
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by golddust6000(m): 1:04pm On May 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

What is the "policy" you refer to?
for instance federal government are the one in charge of international flight, they put fix tax prices.Ethiopian airline that will land in PH has higher taxes than Lagos.
Government are the one that instruct ships to duck in Lagos, you can’t send ship from China straight to the east.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by mystery22: 1:05pm On May 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

Anguish

not just Ogun but the region

Ogun is the new manufacturing hub
Check out Ogun IGR

Lagos Ibadan rail loading
People will travel to Lagos to work in the morning and return to Ibadan in the evening
DAWN Agenda taking off

You will be in the stands clapping and cheering
you guys keep day dreaming by the time what is cooking explodes,skull mining will become an occupation in lagos,then they can mine skull in Lagos in the morning and return to Ogun state in the night

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Sammy07: 1:05pm On May 21, 2020
bilulu:

Instead of you to question how the money is being spent you dey yarn dust.....

I've you questioned yours?
How yours is being spent?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by jaxxy(m): 1:06pm On May 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

If you agreed with me totally you would be me.
We are not doing a compare and contrast Yoruba vs Ibo essay

I can totally agree with u without being u based on the subject. However I don’t completely cos I wud need more research. Lol
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by omonnakoda: 1:06pm On May 21, 2020
golddust6000:
for instance federal government are the one in charge of international flight, they put fix tax prices.Ethiopian airline that will land in PH has higher taxes than Lagos.
Government are the one that instruct ships to duck in Lagos, you can’t send ship from China straight to the east.

Can you substantiate this claim with facts?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by golddust6000(m): 1:10pm On May 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

Can you substantiate this claim with facts?
are you a Nigerian? I doubt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Retired Police Officers Protest Unpaid Pension - Nigerians React (Video) / Atiku Names Udom DG Of Campaign Council / How To Fix Nigeria In 72 Hours By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.