Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue (20014 Views)

Nigeria's GDP Grew By 1.87% in Q1 2020 Amid Global Challenges / Nigeria To Borrow N510 Billion Via Bond Sale In Q1 2020 / Ondo State Records Highest performing IGR Growth in Nigeria (see full list) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Modphase: 2:38pm On May 21, 2020
darfay:
Good for the LASG but as residents of lagos we have not 1k of it in action. Sanwo olu is a failure
Where is your father a nobody in the scheme of lagos

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Modphase: 2:40pm On May 21, 2020
stanluiz:
All the billions yet nothing to show for it.

Tinubu will take 50percent. Obasa and his concubines and those rogues in Lagos State House of assembly will take 20perent while the remaining peanut 30percent will go to the state government.
very true even lunatic mad n foolish igbo like you go put mouth.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by ajl: 2:41pm On May 21, 2020
lawani:
if 100 percent of Lagos wage earners were paying income tax as it is in the organised and developed world, then Lagos Igr will be over 5 times what it is today. We need organisation.

I will rather have people keep their money than have those vultures steal it. Because they won't spend it the right way. No real development is happening anywhere in Nigeria, Lagos inclusive. Its all window dressing with projects created purposely to have avenue to steal. I know Lagos in and out. It's my state.
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by omonnakoda: 2:41pm On May 21, 2020
Daum:

At least we agree.
I am never of the opinion Lagos is no man's land sha. But at least everyone has played a role and they can boast of it.
They cannot boast especially when their claims are false
Are Eboes the only Nigerians?

Who else is boasting besides them?
Have they done more than Edo or Nupe?
Stop the crap and keep quiet if you have nothing sensible to say

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 21, 2020
mystery22:
Build seaports and int'l airport to standard in every region and allow foreign companies land on any state they want without playing politics and watch Lagos go down the drain,an average Yoruba is a not a hustler omonile,asking gor settlement for a living...Imillion boys,awawa boys are typical Yoruba people,but very soon a dangerous revolution will happen,robbing peter to pay Paul...

Continue fooling yourself with the tales by moonlight and stereotyping of Yorubas your parents and grandparents destroyed your mind with.

We all don't have to get involved in Igbo man's way of business to be successful or enterprising.

Yorubas are like the Brits who are modest and self-effacing in their ways yet highly efficient in Their practices. The Brits are not hustlers like Romanians or Albanians but I don't think I need to tell you who is most socio-economically successful of the trio.

As for your talk of revolution the only one that will happen will be Yorubas becoming more militant and protectionist to force you ingrate to go and turn your chest-beating into reality in Ala Igbo.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Modphase: 2:46pm On May 21, 2020
A prof or one to be making foolish comment. I presume this sort of foolishness is synonymous to being Igbo. The foolishness can't just be taken out of them no matter the level of education / information.
ProfAmaben:

We are happy with this development. Not so hard if you were the former capital and control 80% of all importation into Nigeria. Eko o ni baje

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by ajl: 2:52pm On May 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

They have ALWAYS been boastful and SPITEFUL even in the first republic

Study what they did after the January 1966 coup,making songs,cartoons and taunting Hausa folk. That is how they RELATE TO EACH OTHER
it is not about mistreatment.
The Ibo world view is that rank in society is determined by wealth and that that wealth should be used to oppress .
Wealth is even more important that age if I have more money than my elder I should speak first at the village meeting
That is deeply offensive to Yoruba and Hausa people. They lack the self awareness to adjust their behaviour to the mood others

I really don't like engaging in tribalistic discussions but there is a lot we need to talk about as a people so we understand one another. What continue to boggle my mind was a statement by Sir Ahmadu Bello, in the 1960s that he will rather employ an expatriate than employ any other Nigerian from other tribes in case there are no northerners to fill a position. Thats it's only if they can't find an expatriate that they can resort to employing other Nigerians. He was very specific on Igbo been very dominating. Which I quite understand as my mum who used to sell in Balogun market area and used to complain how Igbo sellers will "muscle" other groups out of a market. I believe in competition but not when it is deliberately done to wipe out other groups in a market. Sometime they will deliberately crash the price of a product as a group. Meaning all Igbos in the market will sell a product at a lower price compared to sellers in the market from other ethnic groups. Such acts is like the modern capital system anti-compettion tactics used to muscle out a competitor company. Some countries have laws against it. But the informal way most small businesses operate in Nigeria make it possible. I believe states should come out with regulations to protect all stakeholders in the competitive marketplace.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by ProfAmaben(m): 2:53pm On May 21, 2020
Modphase:
A prof or one to be making foish comment. I presume this sort of foolishness is synonymous to being Igbo. The foolishness can't just be taken out of no matter the level of education/information.
smiley Hatred makes one easily blind. Out of all the wonderful things I wrote you still call it foolishness. I was born in Lagos by the way so I'm more Lagos than anyone could ever claim. I speak Yoruba excellently and I am a product of Lagos State senior model college, Meiran, Alimosho local government. It is so easy for some of you to insult others, don't know how it makes you feel good. Anyway, it's foolish.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by mystery22: 2:54pm On May 21, 2020
Oshigun:

Continue fooling yourself with the tales by moonlight and stereotyping of Yorubas your parents and grandparents destroyed your mind with.

We all don't have to get involved in Igbo man's way of business to be successful or enterprising.

Yorubas are like the Brits who are modest and self-effacing in their ways yet highly efficient in Their practices. The Brits are not hustlers like Romanians or Albanians but I don't think I need to tell you who is most socio-economically successful of the trio.

As for your talk of revolution the only one that will happen will be Yorubas becoming more militant and protectionist to force you ingrate to go and turn your chest-beating into reality in Ala Igbo.
no be only Brits these Yoruba's are clowns,the same Brits that made you guys slave under Fulani's,Fulani's killed your man after winning election and still impose criminal obasanjo to represent you clowns and you people couldn't do anything,read your history well from the Brits online.. and understand that the war dealt with Igbo's,we were far ahead,we fought the longest resistance war,ekumeku war google it...the Igbo's are highly intelligent so don't compare us,political you guys never voted for obasanjo but we imposed him on you guys,still you couldn't do anything...every tribe that loses war suffers a lot of setback,but we keep rising ooo,develop Ibadan nah, that is close by,skull miners from Ogun state bragging,while you people are deported everyday in the same Lagos...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Ajibel(m): 2:55pm On May 21, 2020
ajl:

I will rather have people keep their money than have those vultures steal it. Because they won't spend it the right way. No real development is happening anywhere in Nigeria, Lagos inclusive. Its all window dressing with projects created purposely to have avenue to steal. I know Lagos in and out. It's my state.

So because you feel projects are created for an avenue to steal, no project should be done again in Lagos so no one will steal?

I seem not to get your point sir

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by codemaniacs: 3:04pm On May 21, 2020
zz

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by winterfell007(m): 3:07pm On May 21, 2020
Oshigun:

People who work with facts, either because they love Lagos and desire her progress or because their profession encourages them to alway recognize proven statistics, Will know that the Igbos are not assets to Lagos. At all. They are mainly saboteurs. It is only their business leaders like Ovia, Elumelu etal who contribute substantially to the IGR of Lagos.

Meanwhile the contribution of those people is dwarfed by that of their Yoruba peers who are far more in number.

Overall, only the Igbos themselves and uninformed Yorubas think Igbos are as important to Lagos as they claim.

They actually benefit more from Lagos than they give back which makes them an economic deficit to the State rather than an asset.

This is why I encourage and will continue to encourage them daily to leave Lagos and see if the State "crashes" as they threaten will happen if they depart back to Ala Igbo.

I can agree that my people at times might be sentimental and somewhat boastful in a rather annoying way but you can't tell me they are not a significant contributor to GDP of Lagos state that would be a big fat lie. SME industry is the engine room of any fledgling economy and this is an industry the igbos are very active on and thrive so well, hence, I guess that's why they make so much noise about it.
Secondly, you cannot term the igbos 'Saboteurs' because they don't like Tinubu(ojukokoro) and or APC. They have every right to support any registered political party of their choice that will promote their interests and welfare so long as the contribute their quota toward development like taxes and levy which I'm very sure they pay in all those thriving markets you term '2 by 2'. It is part of the political process, nothing wrong with that...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by ajl: 3:07pm On May 21, 2020
Ajibel:

So because you feel projects are created for an avenue to steal, no project should be done again in Lagos so no one will steal?

My statement may sound counter productive but it's just reflective of the state of things. Every year, billions are awarded for the same projects. I believe about 70% of the cost go into private pockets and 30% left is used to do "window-dressing". If govt show credible results with the little they have, people will willingly pay their tax to govt rather than hand it over to churches in the name of tithes. The latter give them hope of something in return which is illusory while the later they have less expectations because they are 100% certain that the man on Bourdillon will get a cut from their income, likewise other political jobbers.

Let govt show results, minimize inflation of projects costs, minimize corruption and do tangible things with what they have on hand. You will be surprised how responsive people will be.
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Modphase: 3:10pm On May 21, 2020
ProfAmaben:

smiley Hatred makes one easily blind. Out of all the wonderful things I wrote you still call it foolishness. I was born in Lagos by the way so I'm more Lagos than anyone could ever claim. I speak Yoruba excellently and I am a product of Lagos State senior model college, Meiran, Alimosho local government. It is so easy for some of you to insult others, don't know how it makes you feel good. Anyway, it's foolish.
Precisely ! It's about time you do away with the hatred your father n mother nurtured your bigoted soul with from the womb. Maybe, then you'd see how foolish n irritating your comment is.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by joepepsy(m): 3:10pm On May 21, 2020
Nigeria is extremely poor country, poorer than many of you think, what'ss 283 billion naira? Do the conversion and compare to the population of lagos,you will realised we have a long way to go
Ajibel:
Not many nations within the African continent can boast of the feat Lagos state has attained over the past decade. The state rivals economies of nations as it ranks the top 10 of the largest African economies. The success of the state is, however, punctuated by high poverty levels and a range of infrastructural deficits. The onus thus falls on the state to make do with its available resources towards meeting all the needs of the state and this is what the Ministry of economic planning and budget (MEPB) as headed by Commissioner, Sam Egube, seeks to attain with the state’s financial resources. Given the ongoing pandemic, the job of the state in mitigating the far-reaching effect on businesses and individuals alike has been further heightened.

The recently released financials for Q1 2020 reveal an actual revenue for the quarter of ₦282.6 billion, a figure 101% higher than the actual revenue of 2019 which stood at ₦140.7 billion and 6% higher than the budget for 2020 which stood at ₦267.8 billion. The revenue for the quarter consists of ₦100.3 billion on internally generated revenue, ₦141 billion on capital receipts, and ₦41.2 from federal transfers.

Capital expenditure for the quarter was N72.1 billion, 11% higher than the actual of 2019 which stood at ₦65 billion and 54% less than the budget for 2020 which was set at ₦177.8 billion – a deficit attributed to economic changes resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic. In the following abridged transcript, Mr. Egube, offers insights into the performance of the budget and speaks extensively about the implication of the pandemic on industries within the state and new mechanisms to be employed by the state government.

Let’s start with a brief overview of the quarter 1 financials. How do you rate the overall performance?

The first quarter is typically a very slow one. The budget performed at 51% and that is understandable because the later part of March experienced the Covid pandemic and subsequently the lockdown. So a lot of the transactions that were ready to go into execution were not able to go. We achieved and surpassed our target for 2020 Q1.

This is good as it just shows that some of the performance-enhancing mechanisms that we have put in place are working. We will continue to put pressure on those performance metrics and we do this through the peer reviews we have on our revenue which the governor himself sits in. The goal is to ensure that revenue is being driven so that we’ll have what we need to have to spend on both recurrent and capital expenditure.

The report disclosed that the Covid-19 pandemic will affect the resources of IGR – and expectedly so, which is why it is also surprising that the state was able to outperform despite the fact that a number of key industries have slowed down during this period. What is the state’s stance on this?

Yes, we expect the full implication of the Covid-19 slowdown to begin to show up in the second quarter. The latter part of Q1 is where you would see the beginning of the Covid-19 lockdown. So, we’re expecting a shakedown. We’ve done our own models also within the state to see how badly hit the Covid-19 pandemic will have hit us. It’s a global phenomenon. It’s not something the world has gone through and it’s not something that is completely understood yet.

But for an import-dependent country like us, our supply chain is going to be deeply affected as our production also will slow down. A slowdown of production across the world also means reduced energy demand and that begins to put pressure on our crude oil sales. What you then begin to see is that prices begin to topple down from our expected benchmark of ₦57/ barrel.

All of these slowdowns are going to cause the GDP of the state and of the nation to shrink. We have taken a more optimistic positioning to say it will shrink by 3%. 3% means a ₦2.3 trillion loss in output by the entire state. Unemployment go up as companies not producing will either begin to contemplate paying less than the salaries they ought to pay or actually lay off workers. With this happening, IGR will reduce and it is going to lead to an increased physical deficit that will force a re-order, a reevaluation, or a reprioritization of the budget. We need to spend on what will bring the greatest impact on the economy especially because resources are thinning out.

https://nairametrics.com/2020/05/09/big-read-interview-with-sam-egube-lasg-commissioner-for-economic-planning-and-budget/

[Picture]: Commissioner for economic planning and budget Lagos state, Mr Sam Egube
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by ajl: 3:11pm On May 21, 2020
Oshigun:

People who work with facts, either because they love Lagos and desire her progress or because their profession encourages them to alway recognize proven statistics, Will know that the Igbos are not assets to Lagos. At all. They are mainly saboteurs. It is only their business leaders like Ovia, Elumelu etal who contribute substantially to the IGR of Lagos.

Meanwhile the contribution of those people is dwarfed by that of their Yoruba peers who are far more in number.

Overall, only the Igbos themselves and uninformed Yorubas think Igbos are as important to Lagos as they claim.

They actually benefit more from Lagos than they give back which makes them an economic deficit to the State rather than an asset.

This is why I encourage and will continue to encourage them daily to leave Lagos and see if the State "crashes" as they threaten will happen if they depart back to Ala Igbo.

Very shallow statements. Typical tribalist. You are no different from those you appear to be condemning.
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by emperor863(m): 3:12pm On May 21, 2020
Gabkosh:
Lol, yet, their states can't match Ogun

Ogun state abi wetin you talk?

You for say kwara. None of the states from that side (poorest zone in the south of Nigeria) can match Ogun.

Ogun is one of the five states that generate highest IGR in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Daum: 3:14pm On May 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

They cannot boast especially when their claims are false
Are Eboes the only Nigerians?

Who else is boasting besides them?
Have they done more than Edo or Nupe?
Stop the crap and keep quiet if you have nothing sensible to say

Mr. Man shut up
No matter how you try to hide your dirty character and hate e must come out. you no even get sense. I think say na reasonable human being you be before. Typical hateful ediot. Ekpa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by ProfAmaben(m): 3:17pm On May 21, 2020
Modphase:

Precisely ! It's about time you do away with the hatred your father n mother nurtured your bigoted soul with from the womb. Maybe, then you'd see how foolish n irritating your comment is.
Thanks for the info, hope it made your day?
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Modphase: 3:17pm On May 21, 2020
The truth I'd say. It sad the truth hurt but soon or later Igbos will definitely leave lagos. It matter little if you get Biafra or not. I am contended seeing many Yorubas now alive to your daily foolishness on NL and are now responding more forcefully unlike when I spent my entire day screaming Igbos out of the foolish mentality of having right to to disparage others but do not want to be disparaged in return.

ajl:

Very shallow statements. Typical tribalist. You are no different from those you appear to be condemning.

Here we go again with another highly senseless Igbo who believe Igbos who contribute less than 2% to the growth of lagos should have a right to boast but Yorubas who contribute over 80% to it growth do not have the right to shut the foolish 2% up.

Daum:

Mr. Man shut up
No matter how you try to hide your dirty character and hate e must come out. you no even get sense. I think say na reasonable human being you be before. Typical hateful ediot. Ekpa

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by ProfAmaben(m): 3:19pm On May 21, 2020
Modphase:

Man Rapes Mother In Imo, Blames Alcohol - Politics - Nairaland

I didn't know I was quoting a bigot earlier, now I know why you are so filled with hate and bile. Enjoy your day.
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Daum: 3:24pm On May 21, 2020
Modphase:
The truth I'd say. It sad the truth hurt but soon or later Igbos will definitely leave lagos. It matter little if you get Biafra or not. I am contended seeing many Yorubas now alive to your daily foolishness on NL and are now responding more forcefully unlike when I spent my entire day screaming Igbos out of the foolish mentality of having right to to disparage others but do not want to be disparaged in return.

Here we go again with another highly senseless Igbo who believe Igbos who contribute less than 2% to the growth should have a right to boast but Yorubas who contribute over 80% to it growth do not have the right to shut the foolish 2% up.

Shut up you senseless human being. I am not Igbo ekpa. If you want insult or the normal Nairaland behavior I go insult you ehn....until you report me to any MOD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by omonnakoda: 3:24pm On May 21, 2020
joepepsy:
Nigeria is extremely poor country, poorer than many of you think, what's 283 billion naira? Do the conversion and compare to the population of lagos,you will realised we have a long way to go

There is such a thing as purchasing power parity
A haircut in the US would cost about $30 = over 13000 naira
1 litre of petrol in London is over £1.10= 600 naira
so I don't think that is the best way to compare

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by omonnakoda: 3:28pm On May 21, 2020
Ajibel:

There is no stealing in the US ?

But billions disappeared in Iraq and Afghanistan

Stealing occurs everywhere

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Lot13(m): 3:32pm On May 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

See bitterment and gnashing of teeth

You folk have no clue what is happening.
You think it is by making noise Biafuro or death upandan.
You will soon understand when the dots are all joined up
deep!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by codemaniacs: 3:37pm On May 21, 2020
zz

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Fatimaade: 3:42pm On May 21, 2020
Only igbos are unhappy Lagos May have made up to N1.2trn this year

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by lawani: 3:43pm On May 21, 2020
ajl:

tax must be taken if you are to develop.
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Fatimaade: 3:44pm On May 21, 2020
codemaniacs:

ajl this comment is in reply to oshigun ( i have read your reply to oshigun where you called him "Very shallow statements. Typical tribalist" )..

Notice the part I put in bold in winterfell007 comment...

It took me years to understand and accept it but this is the truth.. but people will support and fund politicians, bizmen, gangsters e.t.c that support their interests and welfare at the detriments of the indigenes ( in this case Yoruba ). so Yorubas that aren't protectionist and tribalist will lose to non-Yorubas that are protectionist and tribalist in Yoruba territories.

from your comment to Oshigun, its proof that you're not Yoruba, no sane Yoruba person will call another Yoruba person a tribalist ...

stop hiding behind the " my used to sell in Balogun market area" lie that's rubbish..

Yeebos know not to express their political right in Northern Nigeria

Same with Aziwke he feared not contesting in the north but was masturbating over contesting in the west
Loool

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Brunicekid(m): 3:53pm On May 21, 2020
raker300:
Obasa would take 20% of that money while 40% goes to Tinubu.

LIES!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by darfay: 4:11pm On May 21, 2020
Modphase:

Where is your father a nobody in the scheme of lagos

That's unnecessary and very petty of you
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by winterfell007(m): 4:12pm On May 21, 2020
codemaniacs:

ajl this comment is in reply to oshigun ( i have read your reply to oshigun where you called him "Very shallow statements. Typical tribalist" )..

Notice the part I put in bold in winterfell007 comment...

It took me years to understand and accept it but this is the truth.. but people will support and fund politicians, bizmen, gangsters e.t.c that support their interests and welfare at the detriments of the indigenes ( in this case Yoruba ). so Yorubas that aren't protectionist and tribalist will lose to non-Yorubas that are protectionist and tribalist in Yoruba territories.

from your comment to Oshigun, its proof that you're not Yoruba, no sane Yoruba person will call another Yoruba person a tribalist ...

stop hiding behind the " my used to sell in Balogun market area" lie that's rubbish..

What your point exactly?? The truth is that Lagos is the success story of everybody who works or carrys out one activity or another.
You cannot attribute the success of Lagos to any one enthic group, that's actually where I fault my people for the being that naive to think the success of Lagos is hinged on their industrious nature.
At the same, I must commend their resilience in thriving in homelands that aren't native or indigenous to them. It speaks volumes..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Anambra Officials Visit LAMATA In Lagos For Training On Transport Planning / APC Youths Blast Bisi Akande Over Comment On Buhari's Health / Okorocha: I Don't Receive Salary, Don’t Know How Much Senators Earn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.