Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue (20015 Views)

Nigeria's GDP Grew By 1.87% in Q1 2020 Amid Global Challenges / Nigeria To Borrow N510 Billion Via Bond Sale In Q1 2020 / Ondo State Records Highest performing IGR Growth in Nigeria (see full list) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by DRSEGUNBABA: 1:11pm On May 21, 2020
seanfer:

Name your state and let us know how much it generate in 3 months. What Lagos generate in 3 month might be what your state will make in a year and half.
eventually the money ll be sent to the center and we ll share ��������
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Fatimaade: 1:14pm On May 21, 2020
mystery22:
exactly, says a man from Ogun state,better concentrate on your skull mining cos that's all you people are good at,why not develop Ogun state,cos everybody develop lagos,develop Ogun state,look how you guys are killing each other in Ogun state cos foreigners don't live there...

You mean Ogun state with higher IGR than the entire Igbo land

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by omonnakoda: 1:14pm On May 21, 2020
mystery22:
you guys keep day dreaming by the time what is cooking explodes,skull mining will become an occupation in lagos,then they can mine skull in Lagos in the morning and return to Ogun state in the night
What is cooking apart from ewedu?
Ojukwu and Kanu said worse when they were alive

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by omonnakoda: 1:16pm On May 21, 2020
golddust6000:
are you a Nigerian? I doubt.
Are you?
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Ezmans: 1:17pm On May 21, 2020
Ibadanpikin:
Don't mind those easterners joor,it is our skull mining industries that generated the billions, yeye yeebos.
They have moved from Lagos issues to igbos, tribalistic bigots

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by mystery22: 1:17pm On May 21, 2020
Fatimaade:

You mean Ogun state with higher IGR than the entire Igbo land
yes oo,skull mining is very lucrative,you Ogun state people will soon start advertising skull mining and ritualist on jiji and Amazon,you guys are rich oo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by golddust6000(m): 1:18pm On May 21, 2020
I am.
omonnakoda:

Are you?
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by foleskay(m): 1:21pm On May 21, 2020
Lagos is making such revenue because its so centralized. Almost all the headquarters of multinational companies re located in lagos. Its one of d most centralized in d world, that's why its struggling to meet up with infrastructural facilities and quality housing.

Go to countries like US where d economy is decentralized. Not all economy of d US is based in new York alone, the economies are evenly distributed across d country, at least a state has a major company that's sustains its citizens. Tesla has its head quarters in San Francisco, ford has its headquarters in Ohio, tech giant, Microsoft has it main plant in Chicago, and us military is based in Virginia. So the wealths are spread. That's why d us is the most developed country in d world simply because its economy is decentralized. Lagos also needs to be decentralized so d wealths can be spread equally amongst states just like in d US.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Yebosola(m): 1:21pm On May 21, 2020
raker300:
Obasa would take 20% of that money while 40% goes to Tinubu.

At least is our money, if it pains u, go ask Ikpeazu your share, after all Lagos is working, Abia is......., complete the sentence.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by omonnakoda: 1:24pm On May 21, 2020
golddust6000:
I am.
Not a Biafran?
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by omonnakoda: 1:26pm On May 21, 2020
foleskay:
Lagos is making such revenue because its so centralized. Almost all the headquarters of multinational companies re located in lagos. Its one of d most centralized in d world, that's why its struggling to meet up with infrastructural facilities and quality housing.

Go to countries like US where d economy is decentralized. Not all economy of d US is based in new York alone, the economies are evenly distributed across d country, at least a state has a major company that's sustains its citizens. Tesla has its head quarters in San Francisco, ford has its headquarters in Ohio, tech giant, Microsoft has it main plant in Chicago, and us military is based in Virginia. So the wealths are spread. That's why d us is the most developed country in d world simply because its economy is decentralized. Lagos also needs to be decentralized so d wealths can be spread equally amongst states just like in d US.
Is this so called centralisation by law?

Is there any law forcing companies to locate headquarters in Lagos?

Is there any law in America enforcing decentralization?

FYI California is an even bigger economy than New York and many states are relatively impoverished

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Balogun552: 1:30pm On May 21, 2020
see below
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Daum: 1:33pm On May 21, 2020
Lagos would not be what it is today without the input of those who live in it today. I am not Igbo neither am I Yoruba, but let's be honest, if Lagos is doing well it's because of ordinary lagosians and it cuts across ethnic lines. We can say the indigenous Lagos population has been a very nice host taking advantage of the strategic importance of Lagos and working in partnership with others to build a very prosperous city.

Let's not see Lagos as a Yoruba or Igbo thing. Most of the people in government in Lagos are not originally from that state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Akanbiedu(m): 1:37pm On May 21, 2020
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

You are right, Lagos state size is 3,577km/sqr and Anambra is 4, 844km/sqr. The most painful aspect is the 2nd Niger bridge that is just looking like a simple design, I am sure their intention is to block larger barges from entering into communities in the River Niger areas. People don't ask questions.

By the Buhari finishes this bridge, this is what they will be saying.

Lol

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by OKTolu: 1:39pm On May 21, 2020
Eko oni baje ooo
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by omonnakoda: 1:47pm On May 21, 2020
Daum:
Lagos would not be what it is today without the input of those who live in it today. I am not Igbo neither am I Yoruba, but let's be honest, if Lagos is doing well it's because of ordinary lagosians and it cuts across ethnic lines. We can say the indigenous Lagos population has been a very nice host taking advantage of the strategic importance of Lagos and working in partnership with others to build a very prosperous city.

Let's not see Lagos as a Yoruba or Igbo thing. Most of the people in government in Lagos are not originally from that state.

Lagos would not be what it is without Awolowo

There is Lagos State and there is Lagos city the FORMER FCT

Lagos State is historically made of of Five divisions

1. Lagos
2. Ikeja
3. Badagry
4.Ikorodu
5. Epe

Only 1. Was the FCT under a Minister just like Abuja today. One of whom was YarAdua's father

The latter 4 were part of the Western region until 1967.

Awolowo was the one with the VISION to develop Ikeja as an industrial base to take advantage of the port.

These are things locals will tell you

LAGOS STATE WAS NEVER CAPITAL OF NIGERIA

Just parts of 1 of the Five divisions. Was FCT.

People living in Lagos State come and go just like all the military governors they are transients. They did not strategize for Lagos and in 1991 they left Lagos state for dead

Again Tinubu and Fashola recently transformed Lagos to something it never was whilst hosting the FCT
Yoruba or Ibo thing ?

You have a good sense of humour

Lagos state is a Yoruba state

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Dansuqi: 1:47pm On May 21, 2020
GamalNasser:

My state doesn't have 20 million people's, my state is not the commercial capital of Nigeria, my state doesn't claim to be a Mega city ..You should be competing with Newyork that has 19 million people and generates over 200 billion dollars in IGR annually and a GDP of 1.75 trillion dollars . Go and compete with your mates and leave my state out of this

How much is kano that have 15 million or kaduna with 10milluon earning? Is it up to half of what lagos makes son?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Dansuqi: 1:50pm On May 21, 2020
stanluiz:
All the billions yet nothing to show for it.

Tinubu will take 50percent. Obasa and his concubines and those rogues in Lagos State House of assembly will take 20perent while the remaining peanut 30percent will go to the state government.

It is not up to whak t ikpeazu remits to t.orji and son

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Dansuqi: 1:51pm On May 21, 2020
Oromwos:
Abeg wetin b rivers state IGR, in Q1 2020?

With the way wike demonized firms,am not sure it will reach 10bik
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by BEEFIE: 1:52pm On May 21, 2020
Oshigun:

People who work with facts, either because they love Lagos and desire her progress or because their profession encourages them to alway recognize proven statistics, Will know that the Igbos are not assets to Lagos. At all. They are mainly saboteurs. It is only their business leaders like Ovia, Elumelu etal who contribute substantially to the IGR of Lagos.

Meanwhile the contribution of those people is dwarfed by that of their Yoruba peers who are far more in number.

Overall, only the Igbos themselves and uninformed Yorubas think Igbos are as important to Lagos as they claim.

They actually benefit more from Lagos than they give back which makes them an economic deficit to the State rather than an asset.

This is why I encourage and will continue to encourage them daily to leave Lagos and see if the State "crashes" as they threaten will happen if they depart back to Ala Igbo.

those people are the major cause of the depletion of our foreign exchange with the junks they import. how can someone claim they developed Lagos and they couldn't replicate it in Anambra

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Dansuqi: 1:54pm On May 21, 2020
mystery22:
yes oo,skull mining is very lucrative,you Ogun state people will soon start advertising skull mining and ritualist on jiji and Amazon,you guys are rich oo

Is your fanyogo and gala still remaining?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by BEEFIE: 1:58pm On May 21, 2020
Daum:

the Oyo empire is the whole of Yoruba land including Lagos. don't tell us our history. and any Yoruba can be anything he wants within the Yoruba country

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Daum: 2:08pm On May 21, 2020
BEEFIE:

the Oyo empire is the whole of Yoruba land including Lagos. don't tell us our history. and any Yoruba can be anything he wants within the Yoruba country

I never brought history into it oooo...
But since you don't know your history, lemme tell you small. Lagos was never part of the Oyo empire. Lagos was under Benin.

Oya no mention me again
Vaamuuussss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by 9japride(m): 2:09pm On May 21, 2020
Akanbiedu:

By the Buhari finishes this bridge, this is what they will be saying.

Lol
[color=#006600][/color]

We are watching.
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 21, 2020
I ask again, does Lagos still need the oil money sharing by the government?
Why is it the most indebted state in the country despite massive internally generated revenue?
The sooner this lost country end this almajiri system of government where they just gather each month in Abuja to share money the better for it.
Let there be true federalism.
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Daum: 2:19pm On May 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

Lagos would not be what it is without Awolowo

There is Lagos State and there is Lagos city the FORMER FCT

Lagos State is historically made of of Five divisions

1. Lagos
2. Ikeja
3. Badagry
4.Ikorodu
5. Epe

Only 1. Was the FCT under a Minister just like Abuja today. One of whom was YarAdua's father

The latter 4 were part of the Western region until 1967.

Awolowo was the one with the VISION to develop Ikeja as an industrial base to take advantage of the port.

These are things locals will tell you

LAGOS STATE WAS NEVER CAPITAL OF NIGERIA

Just parts of 1 of the Five divisions. Was FCT.

People living in Lagos State come and go just like all the military governors they are transients. They did not strategize for Lagos and in 1991 they left Lagos state for dead

Again Tinubu and Fashola recently transformed Lagos to something it never was whilst hosting the FCT
Yoruba or Ibo thing ?

You have a good sense of humour

Lagos state is a Yoruba state

Well you saw the part where I said the indigenous people in partnership with others. What I a saying is, somebody saw the vision, had the blueprint and set out to work. But could he have done it himself. Lagos is like you building a duplex, you cannot put away the works of the guys who dug a very good foundation, did plastering, electrical works and tiles. Yes they got benefit from working there but they worked there and whenever they pass that beautiful mansion that stands there, they tell people I worked here. We built this house. I did the plastering of this house. So everyone in Lagos is contributing their part to Lagos.
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by lawani: 2:28pm On May 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

Lagos has gone very far.
The indigenous population know where the military left them in 1999.
IGR in 1999 was 6 billion Naira A YEAR

It is busybodies and miscreants that go around talking rubbish. Yes there is a long way to go and WE ,are on course

Miscreants should face their states
if 100 percent of Lagos wage earners were paying income tax as it is in the organised and developed world, then Lagos Igr will be over 5 times what it is today. We need organisation.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Afospecialk: 2:34pm On May 21, 2020
raker300:
Obasa would take 20% of that money while 40% goes to Tinubu.

Na so Politicians for ur state too they share the money so face ur state politicians make we face our own

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by omonnakoda: 2:34pm On May 21, 2020
Daum:

Well you saw the part where I said the indigenous people in partnership with others. What I a saying is, somebody saw the vision, had the blueprint and set out to work. But could he have done it himself. Lagos is like you building a duplex, you cannot put away the works of the guys who dug a very good foundation, did plastering, electrical works and tiles. Yes they got benefit from working there but they worked there and whenever they pass that beautiful mansion that stands there, they tell people I worked here. We built this house. I did the plastering of this house. So everyone in Lagos is contributing their part to Lagos.
That is true of EVERY CITYin the world.
Changes nothing
Paris is French
London is English
Rome is Italian

They are not United Nations cities

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Modphase: 2:34pm On May 21, 2020
GamalNasser:

Oga go and face ya mate na and leave my state alone
You are as despicable n foolish as most NL Igbos. You are too ashamed to name your despicable state yet dive your pathetic bigoted mouth into a Lagos that is over a million times superior to your state in every facet of classification.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by ajl: 2:35pm On May 21, 2020
BlowYourMind:
Lagos country

Peanuts for a state with more than 15 million people. It's not even up to a billion dollar. What infrastructural development or capital development can a serious govt do with that, especially with all the inflated costs of projects. Thats why it seem no development is really happening because that money can't go far. They'll rather steal it (ala Jagaban, Obasa and Co.).
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Daum: 2:37pm On May 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

That is true of EVERY CITYin the world.
Changes nothing
Paris is French
London is English
Rome is Italian

They are not United Nations cities

At least we agree.
I am never of the opinion Lagos is no man's land sha. But at least everyone has played a role and they can boast of it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Okorocha: I Don't Receive Salary, Don’t Know How Much Senators Earn / Anambra Officials Visit LAMATA In Lagos For Training On Transport Planning / 43 Surrendered Boko Haram Terrorists Airlifted For Deradicalization(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.