Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue (20011 Views)

Nigeria's GDP Grew By 1.87% in Q1 2020 Amid Global Challenges / Nigeria To Borrow N510 Billion Via Bond Sale In Q1 2020 / Ondo State Records Highest performing IGR Growth in Nigeria (see full list) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by omonnakoda: 4:34pm On May 21, 2020
winterfell007:

What your point exactly?? The truth is that Lagos is the success story of everybody who works or carrys out one activity or another.
You cannot attribute the success of Lagos to any one enthic group, that's actually where I fault my people for the being that naive to think the success of Lagos is hinged on their industrious nature.
At the same, I must commend their resilience in thriving in homelands that aren't native or indigenous to them. It speaks volumes..

Yes When France won the World Cup in 2018 in Russia it was the success story of EVERYONE including Russia

But France won the cup
Cristiano's Ronaldo's success has many contributors including the midwife who birthed him and the factory worker who made his boots

We know

All that Awijare stuff is RUBBISH

All Nigerians are resilient in their own way

Fulani herdsmen are resilient in their field spare us the crap
Try marching 100 cows from Nnewi to Kano

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by aztec: 4:59pm On May 21, 2020
mystery22:
Build seaports and int'l airport to standard in every region and allow foreign companies land on any state they want without playing politics and watch Lagos go down the drain,an average Yoruba is a not a hustler omonile,asking gor settlement for a living...Imillion boys,awawa boys are typical Yoruba people,but very soon a dangerous revolution will happen,robbing peter to pay Paul...

You guys are in denial. Do you wonder why private investors are building a new bigger better port in Lekki but are not doing so in SS (SE is landlocked)? They know it will be a big mistake. Do you know that the Niger Delta part of the Gulf of Guinea accounted for most of the piracy attack that happened globally last year? It was something like 60% of recorded attacks. The report said international shipping companies avoid that area. This means they will dock in Lagos no matter the congestion.

Are you not surprised that Dangote built his refinery in Lagos even though the oil is in Niger Delta? �. You guys keep blaming government and saying there’s an agenda. The private sector is saying they don’t want to establish anything tangible is any area except the SW. we’re seeing another $220million coming in to the Lekki Free Trade zone of recent. It’s no coincidence. The SE and SS see this and they get jealous because they cannot compete. Shell even wants to move its logistics operation from Rivers to Lagos. Some of them were protesting �. They forget that the Governor (Wike) they were hailing is very bad for development.
You guys should continue beefing SW while she quietly grows. Eventually maybe you lot will have to run away again and eat grass in your erosion-ridden Biafra. You lot need SW waaaayyyy more than we need you and you know it �.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by SolarEdge: 5:02pm On May 21, 2020
Great feat I must commend the state. Eko oni baje o.
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by drskyfly007(m): 5:06pm On May 21, 2020
why so much beef on the Igbos from the comments so farWhether we like it or not, Igbos have contributed well to the IGR of Lagos and will still contribute more till Jesus comes cool...if you dey vex hug wet transformer or jump inside the nearest river grin
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by aztec: 5:07pm On May 21, 2020
mystery22:
Anambra is bigger than Lagos state by landmass bro,remember Anambra is the smallest state in south east oo,build seaport in IMO river(azumini,abia state)and int'l airport in Enugu and see Lagos go down the drain..

“Build SEAport in Imo RIVER”. Can you see you’re a clown. Isn’t it rivers that feed into oceans? How can you build a sea port in a river? How do massive ships get to the river? Or you think it’s easy like that. What you guys don’t know is that virtually no shipping company wants to dock in the Niger Delta area because of piracy. Niger Delta area of the Gulf of Guinea accounted for 60% of PIRACY ATTACKS LAST YEAR!!!! They simply wouldn’t come because you guys have used your hands to destroy your future!

Why will investors go to Enugu Airport? What’s happening in Enugu that will draw capital? Nothing!
You lot are just time wasters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by aztec: 5:27pm On May 21, 2020
mystery22:
e pain am,no be only dot na line, you people plan of making Ogun state an extension of Lagos state will fail,take a look at Benin republic your Yoruba brothers and see how afonja republic will look like..you guys are just nuisance,robbing peter to pay Paul,build int'l seaport and airport in every region and watch Lagos become another Ogun state,the truth is you people are not creative and united,no wonder your fathers died to keep us in Nigeria

And yet you Ibo people are trooping to Ogun State like there’s war in SE. You guys are pathetic. You insult SW yet you come In droves. Does that make sense? Even in the movie you hear them say “i’m leaving the village to go hustle in Lagos”. Now add Ogun state join. What’s so terrible about SE that you guys only want to go there on Christmas? �. One day your cup will get full again and you’ll be chased out! Continue.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Iceberg3: 5:33pm On May 21, 2020
Oshigun:

People who work with facts, either because they love Lagos and desire her progress or because their profession encourages them to alway recognize proven statistics, Will know that the Igbos are not assets to Lagos. At all. They are mainly saboteurs. It is only their business leaders like Ovia, Elumelu etal who contribute substantially to the IGR of Lagos.

Meanwhile the contribution of those people is dwarfed by that of their Yoruba peers who are far more in number.

Overall, only the Igbos themselves and uninformed Yorubas think Igbos are as important to Lagos as they claim.

They actually benefit more from Lagos than they give back which makes them an economic deficit to the State rather than an asset.

This is why I encourage and will continue to encourage them daily to leave Lagos and see if the State "crashes" as they threaten will happen if they depart back to Ala Igbo.

I pray God have mercy on us all when He comes with His judgement and judge us especially based on the words of our mouths.
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by aztec: 5:37pm On May 21, 2020
golddust6000:
are you a Nigerian? I doubt.

Okay let us assume he’s not. Please show us facts to back your point. Send a link. Me and you know you picked up what you said from the sky.
Why wouldn’t the foreigners land in Lagos. What are they going to do in Uyo or Enugu? What’s happening in those places that will tempt them to come. Note that the FG has largely abandoned Lagos. See the Federal roads that lead to the ports in Lagos which bring in over N1trillion a year in revenue. Is it not Dangote and Flour Mill fixing it in return for tax abatement.

Lagos is what it is today because of the private sector and the much better business-friendly environment. See how the private sector rallied around the Governor when COVID-19 started. Compare that to Rivers or Kano. Forget the government. The SE is just not attractive enough for investment. Dangote chose to build his refinery in Lagos even though the oil is in the ND. Why? Is that government policy too? Why did investors choose to build another sea port in Lekki instead of SS?—of course we know SE is landlocked.
You guys are just boasters who are in denial. There’s nothing to write home about in the SE and the flow of private investment towards the SW is the clearest example you need.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Iceberg3: 5:37pm On May 21, 2020
Igbos are truly blessed
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

They have ALWAYS been boastful and SPITEFUL even in the first republic

Study what they did after the January 1966 coup,making songs,cartoons and taunting Hausa folk. That is how they RELATE TO EACH OTHER
it is not about mistreatment.
The Ibo world view is that rank in society is determined by wealth and that that wealth should be used to oppress .
Wealth is even more important that age if I have more money than my elder I should speak first at the village meeting
That is deeply offensive to Yoruba and Hausa people. They lack the self awareness to adjust their behaviour to the mood others

That is true. Igbo culture over time, i.e early ethnographically significant culture to current practices, is backwards relative to that of others.

Explained below is the Ikpu Alu concept that validates and justified Igbos dedication to criminality outside Ala Igbo. No doubt many of the Igbos who come here bragging about owning this and that in the SW are Ikpu Alu criminal devotees.

A culture that encourages crime to be committed abroad. Totally reprehensible but somehow fitting and true to character as something Igbos would create and celebrate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/igbo-crime-culture/amp

The Igbo crime culture
AUTHOR:
Fredrick Nwabufo

In the sweltering heat of a serial lynching and killing of Igbo citizens in Asia in 2013, I wrote an article entitled, ‘The Igbo fallacy’. In it, I appealed to the Igbo to de-emphasise the culture of profligacy, decadent opulence, debauchery and vanity which fuels the pursuit of crime by their own.

I am compelled to revivify the article here, but with a few adjustments. I say it again; the Igbo take the inglorious front row in certain crimes – drug peddling, armed robbery and kidnapping – at home and abroad.

In August 2016, an Igbo drug dealer was guillotined in Indonesia. But his funeral in Anambra was a shin-dig of celebrations. He was even described as a “hero” by his kinsmen.

Once again, an Igbo kidnapping lord, who unleashed barbarity and savagery on many Nigerians, has steadied attention on the “special” crime proclivities of the ethnic group. I will not dwell on this; I will zero in on Igbo criminality abroad, and take a slight detour home.

As a matter of fact, a good number of Igbo youth in Asia are into crime. It was reported sometime in the year that the India police said all Nigerians – Igbo, of course – in their country were drug dealers. Although, this is questionable, it cannot be entirely repudiated.

Arguably, the reason for Igbo sojourning – to even the remotest of places in the world – has been attributed to their much vaunted entrepreneurial spirit. The truth is that this claim is enclosed in heavy, meaty layers of fallacy like the entrails of burger.

Inasmuch as the “entrepreneurial sojourning” thread cannot be utterly pooh-poohed, it is judicious to explore other reasons why the Igbo are peripatetic.

First, in Igbo ethology, it is a cringing evil for a native, man or woman, to commit a “stigmatised” crime (Alu) such as armed robbery, drug-dealing, etc at home. This is not an obviation of abhorrent crimes committed at home by some unabashed Igbo criminals.

The truth is, the “home” Igbo criminals are a hopeless and shameless horde whose self esteem and sense of shame are terribly at their nadir, and as a result purvey crimes at home. Inter alia, for any stigmatised crime committed at home (Igbo land) there is a stern reprimand implicit in the cleansing of the crime.

The sacerdotal process of cleansing the land of a crime or an abomination is called “Ikpu Alu”. However, “Ikpu Alu” (cleansing of abominations) does not extend to crimes committed by Igbo sons and daughters in places outside the native dome. It is therefore not surprising if some Igbo persons commit heinous crimes in obverse places, and come back home to take chieftaincy titles. As a matter of fact, in some morally weak Igbo communities it is a brave thing to traffic in drugs abroad. Drug barons are gleefully celebrated as Ndi kara Obi (lion-hearted people). Such is the pantomime of the Igbo and crimes.

It is therefore indubitable to posit that an unenviable number of Igbo persons with innate criminal manuals travel outside the Igbo enclave to pursue crimes.

This confutes the general idea that the sojourning of the Igbo is driven solely by entrepreneurial inclinations and motives. To a large extent, the sojourning of some Igbo is driven by a morbid aim of shielding their evil trades from the peering eyes of their kinsmen. Their names are protected as long as they do not traffic in crimes at home. The important thing is to be successful in crimes abroad; successful enough to build vulgar mansions at home and throw lazy cash about.

To animate my argument further, what is the entrepreneurial inclination or motive of the Igbo in India, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, South Africa, and other countries peddling drugs? Is the entrepreneurial spirit of the Igbo only awakened abroad?

Why should the Igbo entrepreneurial spirit find its host cozily and lopsidedly outside Igbo land? Is there a marriage between Igbo criminality across the world and Igbo entrepreneurial genome? These are questions that defeat the long, tired argument of Igbo entrepreneurial “peripatetism.”

The fact is the “entrepreneurial” beat-up logic and reason for Igbo sojourning is a bored excuse.

Analogously, Igbo sojourning atavism is also effectuated by pride, ego and vanity. A typical Igbo person will want to prove he is successful in anyway. It is wickedly mortifying to be seen as struggling in Igbo land.

This underscores the reason many Igbo persons smuggle themselves out of Nigeria, and because it is thought that any person in Obodo Oyibo (white man’s country) or even anywhere outside Igbo land is “doing well”.

Those Igbo persons who are “cursed” to be in Igbo land are seen as struggling and as such do not deserve the courtesy of admiration and respect. It is a proud thing for an Igbo father to say, “All my children are in the abroad”; even though “the abroad” is Gabon. Such a father courts the respect, envy and admiration of other fathers in Igbo land. This is the awful linkage between Igbo sojourning and base vanity.

In all, there are Igbo persons in the scrawny good number whose sojourn in foreign countries is not tainted by any evil intent or base vanity, but it is a bleeding fact that the singular Igbo entrepreneurial logic for sojourning is one big smorgasbord of fallacy.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Iceberg3: 5:42pm On May 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

The reality is that they wanted to "kill" Lagos as an economic hub. They abandoned the National stadium and Federal secretariat in Ikoyi to birds ,rats and snakes.
I do not always agree with Tinubu's politics but he clearly was a visionary leader and transformed Lagos.
What Lagos has become since 1999 was not an automatic given.
It is BETTER in many ways than it ever was when it was capital nearly 30 years ago.

Ignorant people talk about HOW MUCH money Lagos has.

Lagos state annual budget is about half or less the budget of Harvard university
This is what goes to pay salaries and provide security that the FG fails to do and is also expected to provide infrastructure.
It is an uphill task but WE are winning

You see,a sensible Yoruba,not a single mention of Igbo this Igbo that... however, you ain't telling oshigun what he wants to hear.

You gotta bash the Igbos hard,that's what he wants to hear. grin
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Iceberg3: 5:46pm On May 21, 2020
Oshigun:

That is true. Igbo culture over time, i.e early ethnographically significant culture to current practices, is backwards relative to that of others.

Explained below is the Ikpu Alu concept that validates and justified Igbos dedication to criminality outside Ala Igbo. Mno doubt many of the Igbos who come here bragging about owning this and that in the SW are Ikpu Alu criminal devotees.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/igbo-crime-culture/amp

Lolsssssss
.. lzaa imhotep nobody needs to study Igbo history in schools anymore.....

Just come to nairaland and you will learn everything...

Igbo studies and Igbo historians abound

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAA...

grin grin grin
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by golddust6000(m): 5:52pm On May 21, 2020
aztec:

Okay let us assume he’s not. Please show us facts to back your point. Send a link. Me and you know you picked up what you said from the sky.
Why wouldn’t the foreigners land in Lagos. What are they going to do in Uyo or Enugu? What’s happening in those places that will tempt them to come. Note that the FG has largely abandoned Lagos. See the Federal roads that lead to the ports in Lagos which bring in over N1trillion a year in revenue. Is it not Dangote and Flour Mill fixing it in return for tax abatement.

Lagos is what it is today because of the private sector and the much better business-friendly environment. See how the private sector rallied around the Governor when COVID-19 started. Compare that to Rivers or Kano. Forget the government. The SE is just not attractive enough for investment. Dangote chose to build his refinery in Lagos even though the oil is in the ND. Why? Is that government policy too? Why did investors choose to build another sea port in Lekki instead of SS?—of course we know SE is landlocked.
You guys are just boasters who are in denial. There’s nothing to write home about in the SE and the flow of private investment towards the SW is the clearest example you need.
You are not even a lagosian to begin with, dangote didn’t built the road leading to airport.
See Nigerian travellers account for 65 % of Lagos international airport, if federal government gives Enugu and ph free hand for international career to land on these airports you will see changes.
Ethiopian airline going to China from Enugu cost over 190k per fair ticket while Lagos cost 145k simply be cause federal government tax these airlines heavy to land in the east.
Lagos is a huge market right from colonial era still it can’t post of basic infrastructure. Singapore and Lagos start together but Lagos can’t compare with Singapore in 500 years to come.
In 21century Lagos is still building roads with interlocking and open sewage system, no water, not landscaping, dirt environments with dust everywhere . Lagos is just a dining table where people eat and leave the left over to rotten.
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 21, 2020
Iceberg3:

You see,a sensible Yoruba,not a single mention of Igbo this Igbo that... however, you ain't telling oshigun what he wants to hear.

You gotta bash the Igbos hard,that's what he wants to hear. grin

Of course. Is that not what you Igbos dedicated yourselves to doing against others, especially the Yorubas, to now draw out the reactions you see today from me and others?

Sad too how you lot have done this historically for decades to grow only more emboldened as Yorubas generally ignored you in the past.

Your big mistake is to think you can take same despicable behavior into the internet age. This is when Yorubas, fed up of your ways, decided enough is enough. That is why you lot are ambushed with facts daily by Yorubas not willing to indulge you or spare an inch any more.

Generally, the Yorubas are a respectable people. If you Igbos decided you can be civil and respectful towards the ethnic group then you might get same in return. Bottom line is that you lot should gave your lane and let the Yoruba sleeping Dog lie.

Tinubu innocuously congratulates an appointee of PMB. A thread is started about that only for Igbos to flood into it to be insulting Jagaban. What has he done to you hateful creatures to the extent you must attack every single damn thing he does or say? The days of Yorubas rising above Igbo uncouth and hateful ways is over.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Ajibel(m): 6:00pm On May 21, 2020
ajl:

My statement may sound counter productive but it's just reflective of the state of things. Every year, billions are awarded for the same projects. I believe about 70% of the cost go into private pockets and 30% left is used to do "window-dressing". If govt show credible results with the little they have, people will willingly pay their tax to govt rather than hand it over to churches in the name of tithes. The latter give them hope of something in return which is illusory while the later they have less expectations because they are 100% certain that the man on Bourdillon will get a cut from their income, likewise other political jobbers.

Let govt show results, minimize inflation of projects costs, minimize corruption and do tangible things with what they have on hand. You will be surprised how responsive people will be.

My issue with your argument here is the mention of burdillion. Nowadays we cant have interesting and intellectual arguments and discussions about Lagos state progress without mentioning Burdillion and this is sickening tbh. Because no matter how productive or proactive any government in Lagos will be, we have already tuned our mindset that Lagos can do better without the influence of Bourdillon.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by asapeola(m): 6:02pm On May 21, 2020
Oshigun:

People who work with facts, either because they love Lagos and desire her progress or because their profession encourages them to alway recognize proven statistics, Will know that the Igbos are not assets to Lagos. At all. They are mainly saboteurs. It is only their business leaders like Ovia, Elumelu etal who contribute substantially to the IGR of Lagos.

Meanwhile the contribution of those people is dwarfed by that of their Yoruba peers who are far more in number.

Overall, only the Igbos themselves and uninformed Yorubas think Igbos are as important to Lagos as they claim.

They actually benefit more from Lagos than they give back which makes them an economic deficit to the State rather than an asset.

This is why I encourage and will continue to encourage them daily to leave Lagos and see if the State "crashes" as they threaten will happen if they depart back to Ala Igbo.

Pls Ovia and Elumelu r not Ibos!
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Tareq1105: 6:04pm On May 21, 2020
Sammy07:
Some people will tell us they are behind Lagos economy grin

Imagine, how much does 2 by 2 shops pays to Lagos economy? sad

Pls, no Easternbull tout should quote me.

Wike, the Port Harcourt tout will be angry with this post.
Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 21, 2020
Iceberg3:

Lolsssssss

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAA...

grin grin grin

Oga, Peter and Paul Okoye we know. What of you? Are you a Lagos, Ogun, Kaduna or Kano Ikpu alu exported "businessman", "CEO" or "mansion owner"?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Ajibel(m): 6:06pm On May 21, 2020
joepepsy:
Nigeria is extremely poor country, poorer than many of you think, what'ss 283 billion naira? Do the conversion and compare to the population of lagos,you will realised we have a long way to go

The state government is aware about this and they are not any under illusion that they are rich. If you can go through the mepb website, you'll see that they are also trying every possible best to increase their revenues too. They are not resting on their oars

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 21, 2020
Iceberg3:

Lolsssssss

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAA...

grin grin grin
Meanwhile Oshigun is busy defending skull miners in the SW grin

Cc lzaa

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 21, 2020
asapeola:

Pls Ovia and Elumelu r not Ibos!

I know but I dashed them nonetheless given the Igbo penchant for laying greedy ethnic claims to SS folks.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by NGpatriot: 6:10pm On May 21, 2020
If this treand stretches to the end of the year, that's at least N1.128 TRILLION.

Even COVID-19 bow down to Lagos Stae.

Welcome to the SW Republic of Lagos state, the 3rd Largest Economy in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Seun(m): 6:11pm On May 21, 2020
Shocked, but let'e watch out for Q2.

2 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by NGpatriot: 6:13pm On May 21, 2020
golddust6000:
You are not even a lagosian to begin with, dangote didn’t built the road leading to airport.
See Nigerian travellers account for 65 % of Lagos international airport, if federal government gives Enugu and ph free hand for international career to land on these airports you will see changes.
Ethiopian airline going to China from Enugu cost over 190k per fair ticket while Lagos cost 145k simply be cause federal government tax these airlines heavy to land in the east.
Lagos is a huge market right from colonial era still it can’t post of basic infrastructure. Singapore and Lagos start together but Lagos can’t compare with Singapore in 500 years to come.
In 21century Lagos is still building roads with interlocking and open sewage system, no water, not landscaping, dirt environments with dust everywhere . Lagos is just a dining table where people eat and leave the left over to rotten.

You mean the LASG collects and pockets generated FG revenue at the FG owned Airports?

Too many ignorant and illiterate Igbos running around NL.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by aztec: 6:16pm On May 21, 2020
golddust6000:

How do you know i’m not a Lagosian? You just assumed. Go and do your checks. Dangote and Flour Mills are building the roads to the ports—SEA PORT NOT AIRPORT!!!

The international carriers will always prefer Lagos because that’s where the demand is. How many people on the flight have their final destination in Lagos compared to say Enugu or Uyo? Don’t be surprised that the ratio could be like 90:10. It will be more expensive to land in Enugu or Uyo because of simple economics. If they land in Lagos there will have far more passengers to pick up because of demand compared to if the land in Enugu. If you’re in the airline business wouldn’t you prefer to land where you will see more passengers to pick up? It’s that economy of scale that will make it Lagos ticket cheaper not some hidden government “agenda”. Also why does Lagos still dominate Abuja airport even though Abuja is the capital? It’s demand and supply. There’s little demand in SE and SS!!!

You say Lagos can’t boast of basic infrastructure. While I will admit that the infrastructure is not good enough, it’s improving. For your information a big part of the infrastructure problem is driven by so many people from other regions (especially SE) trooping into the state at a pace that creates infrastructural challenges. You have the smallest state with the largest population and population density. So you Ibos are a fundamental cause of Lagos’s infrastructural challenge. Maybe if you lot returned to your region and developed it Lagos will be better for it. By the way no SE state comes anywhere close to Lagos in terms of infrastructure and development. Or you wan deny that one

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by omonnakoda: 6:22pm On May 21, 2020
golddust6000:

The difference in cost is not due to federal taxes.

STOP LYING
STOP PLAYING VICTIM

TAXES ARE A PERCENTAGE LIKE V.A.T.

The reality is international flights to London are generally cheaper than flights to Manchester or Birmingham

Demand and supply
There is more competition on some routes simple.

The FG has mostly been Northern why haven't they favoured Kano or other Northern airports why haven't they put a seaport in Daura?

Singapore is a country that means it has TOTAL RESOURCE CONTROL

Lagos does not

You are a spiteful little bug

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Acidosis(m): 6:24pm On May 21, 2020
January, February and March earnings. The effect of the pandemic cannot manifest in Q1. Do people expect a lockdown that began on March 25th to show tremendous impact on Q1 earnings?

Nawa o

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Thonypadua(m): 6:32pm On May 21, 2020
I miss legendaryhero on this thread, asf. But I must commend these people 1 Omonnakoda 2 Sammy 07 3 Oshigun. 4 BabaRamota 5 Codemanias 7 Azrtec You guys are legend, the way you flogged the issue is an extraordinary. I doff my cap for you

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by aztec: 6:36pm On May 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

The difference in cost is not due to federal taxes.

STOP LYING
STOP PLAYING VICTIM

TAXES ARE A PERCENTAGE LIKE V.A.T.

The reality is international flights to London are generally cheaper than flights to Manchester or Birmingham

Demand and supply
There is more competition on some routes simple.

The FG has mostly been Northern why haven't they favoured Kano or other Northern airports why haven't they put a seaport in Daura?

Singapore is a country that means it has TOTAL RESOURCE CONTROL

Lagos does not

You are a spiteful little bug

Don’t mind him. It’s jealousy mixed with ignorance. He doesn’t understand that it’s demand/supply that plays the key role in price differentials. I just get so irritated by the Igbos sometimes. How can they hate a people and a region that has been a blessing to them as a people especially post the civil war devastation? It’s disturbing to be honest and shows that we Yorubas are just too liberal and risk having enemies in our mist. We need to buckle up and be on guard. Anyone or people that can’t respect the people and traditions of their hosts should be thrown out.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by aztec: 6:40pm On May 21, 2020
golddust6000:
you be really ode. Singapore I visit is a city, on it own. I am not talking about Singapore as a country.
Check how many flight land in Kano compared to Enugu? If what you said is true why is it difficult for restructuring? You be really ewu

There is way more business and transactions going on in Kano than Enugu can dream of. Do you even know that Kano has the second largest VAT receipt in the country after Lagos? What exactly is going on in Enugu in terms of business Kano is also the central travel hub for the Core North.

Most Ibos talk of restructuring with their eyes on SS oil. You guys are landlocked so restructuring will not favour you if you’re not friendly with the SW. shipping companies are not interested in docking in the SS because of piracy which makes it too dangerous and expensive in terms of security and insurance cost. Even shell wants to move its logistics operations from Rivers to Lagos. Rivers people are protesting but not calling their militants to order. SE is not as safe as they think in a restructuring. The region is small. There’s next to no industry, the land is poor and the human capital has emigrated. Why will major companies go there? Is there demand? If i’m manufacturer who exports why will I build in Enugu when I have to take it all the way to Lagos ports? Forget SS ports because the shipping companies wouldn’t dock there. This shows that the ability of the SE to industrialise will be severely curtailed by lack of direct assess to the sea. It’s just not as rosy as you lot make it out to be.

This your ignorance is much bigger than I thought. Please save yourself the embarrassment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Records ₦282.6 Billion Q1 2020 Revenue by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 21, 2020
drskyfly007:
why so much beef on the Igbos from the comments so farWhether we like it or not, Igbos have contributed well to the IGR of Lagos and will still contribute more till Jesus comes cool...if you dey vex hug wet transformer or jump inside the nearest river grin

This is a sentimental statement and not a factual one. Igbo are economic saboteurs with their system of trading, retail shop ownership and apprentice structure they deliberately use to make money that will almost 100% be funneled back to Ala Igbo without attendant benefits to host Countries, States and region where they make that money in the form of tax or developmental levies etal.

Look at the filth Ladipo was before Fashola got really mad with Igbos and their neglectful ways. A place generating billions for Igbos yet they cannot throw a bit of change to ensure the environment is cleans, canals dredged and pollution kept to a minimal. This is because Igbos only love using others to feather their nest. They don't care about their host and their geographical/financial wellbeing.

A lot of innocent Nigerians suffered because of the retail trade war Ghana enacted against Nigerians when it was Igbos who are the sole culprit of sharp trading practices Ghana could not condone.

Some of us defended Nigeria nonetheless even when we knew the details to understand that the anger of Ghana stems from the reality of how Igbos set up shop in Ghanaian markets, robbing Ghanaians of market presence, while paying no tax to the government of Ghana!!! Igbos were making Ghanaians unemployed yet expected tax remittance that would alleviate that negative economic development were conspicuously missing.

How is that acceptable to any fair-minded person? It is the same practice everywhere Igbos go. Igbos take an extremely clannish and hostile approach to trading designed to see them and their kinsmen profit while others who facilitate their trade gain little or nothing in return via employment (Igbos don't employ non-Igbos) or payment of taxes, developmental levies etc.

Anyone who think Igbo retailers and traders, the bulk and majority of their business presence in the SW, pay appreciable tax on their profit is a m0r0n.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Okpoko Clean Up: Anambra Begins Demolition Of Shanties And Illegal Structures / 99.9% Households Yet To Receive FG’s Cash Transfer – World Bank / Amaechi Pressurising Me To Free Hardened Criminals – Rivers CP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.