Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? (77657 Views)

How Do I Break Up With Her? / Do I Break Up With Him? / How Do I Break Up With Her In A Polite Manner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Professor2b: 8:51am On May 22, 2020
Acmepreneur:

Women like me are many, just try not to pick girls that fix nails or like wigs and big hair. Fall for a simple girl

Well, the ball is in her court. Like I use to say, she and her so called boyfriend are the one into the relationship (so they perfectly know what's going on between them even more than the story cooked up here) they both know what suits them....

2. Though its good to be ambitious, but I feel the lady is kind of too authoritative, she should give her self time and calm down with the guy, present she issues with another style which the guy will understand with calmness, she should think of other ways to assist him probably pray for him (it might be spiritual you know)
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 8:51am On May 22, 2020
olaboy1:
@OP you said you are broke and still have the effrontery to nag a young hustling manager to hustle more for some unborn children, you and his siblings. You are so cold hearted and that guy needs to put you in your place.
Call your mum in Texas to send him 2m naira and guide him through, until then dey your dey.
Lol, I'm broke true true. Like very broke, with no shingbain, no money but material stuffs.I can't even buy an ordinary sweet or chewing gum, I'm so broke like that. I'm even planning to leave this country to hustle so I can build my empire business, CX I don tire to dey broke. Sorry, it pains you so much, but there's no how I can help your condition

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 8:54am On May 22, 2020
Professor2b:

Well, the ball is in her court. Like I use to say, she and her so called boyfriend are the one into the relationship (so they perfectly know what's going on between them even more than the story cooked up here) they both know what suits them....

2. Though its good to be ambitious, but I feel the lady is kind of too authoritative, she should give her self time and calm down with the guy, present she issues with another style which the guy will understand with calmness, she should think of other ways to assist him probably pray for him (it might be spiritual you know)
Na them gang. Everything is spiritual, people using their own hand to do themselves thinking its spiritual. Spiritual ko, spiritual no. Don't go and hustle to make money and use your brain. Be thinking your problem is spiritual. Lazy asses
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Ysquare98: 8:54am On May 22, 2020
Ulunne777:

She has a dream, a masters, and soon a PhD with several awards as best student BSc and MSc but no shi shi. So the business an is for the guy while she sits in front of the car and answer Mrs. [color=#990000][/color]

Abi o... Use ur smartness to make yourself better na

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 8:57am On May 22, 2020
Ysquare98:

How much has this brought to ur pocket upto 90k.
Lol, do something real my sister!
Lol, i'm building something great. You don't expect me to become rich overnight. Everything is not about money.
All I have built and building is for the future. My name will always be remembered for what I did. I'm building my life gradually, which is what I want you to do

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Dani93(m): 8:57am On May 22, 2020
1) You have high esteem
But your man has low esteem
2) you feel the future progress
But he feel nothing but d present situation
3) you got eyes and you can see the future
But he got eyes just to see the present
4) you got wings, u want 2 fly, you want to move
But your man has no wings,
5) you are planing to live life well in the future
But your man just Woking to live for the present
6) u got the future
But he got d present

You guys are not in the same page
Is not your type of man, you are just in love with the wrong dupe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Faithbis: 8:57am On May 22, 2020
U confused gurl. How can you love him and you are not willing to help. Risk is paramount in life. Get him a good job, or send him abroad or better still establish him to meet your standard in order not to complain.
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Godson201333(m): 8:58am On May 22, 2020
Acmepreneur:
This my guy is not serious at all.

I used to tell myself change is the only permanent thing in life bla bla bla. And I really believe that once you take the right steps, you can be anything you want to be. This made me to be very soft with people.

When I started dating my Boyfriend, I really was not choosy or judgy. I accepted him without a second thought. I'm not the type of lady that actually do all those lady stuff, I'm a very serious person and I don't play games at all.
My BF is very cool, like not bad looking, normal behaviour etc and I like him a lot.

I'm a very ambitious person, with an extremely big dreams, my boyfriend is also hard working, but I'm not seeing any future at all with his career/prospects/life. When I say I'm with big dreams, it's means I'm working on discovering (new innovations), planning big business that would compete with top brands etc. I'm that big in dreams.

My children is also very important to me, I don't plan for their sufferings at all.
I'm an introvert, I find solace in my aspirations, dreams. I have books I work out those formulas (I mean how I would execute my business plans), I research a lot, think a lot etc

Our fight now

Since day 1, I do tell him to do this and that. I really hate company works, so I would tell him to have savings, and be building something sideways where he works. Also, I wanted him to do Masters, since he said he would love to travel out, he's always saying he hates Nigeria bla bla bla. His dad also wanted him to do Masters, but he's in the crew of Masters is a waste of time, and he can't do Masters in Nigeria bla bla bla

Baby try this business, he would say he doesn't have money, he needs 2 million to start a business etc.

Meanwhile, he doesn't have money to travel out of the country to do Masters, nor 2m to start any business. So I would tell him to manage what he has first, and that would propelled him later, but he likes to talk like illiterates that Masters is meaningless.

Meanwhile, while that is true, those things are just like investment, you don't know when you will see an opportunity to use your Masters certificate, and since he studied computer science, I told him that it can even help him get a job outside Nigeria when he leaves, that it can be useful there. I understand the situation of the country, but not having masters doesn't mean you will get a job as well, so why don't you just have it.

My bf would shut me off, and also his dad, the dad even asked him to take job at the federal university where he works, but my bf said he can't work in that place, this is a federal government job o, he would say the salary is too small and people there already knows him, because his dad is in a big office in the university.

So it won't seem like I'm disturbing him, I went quiet, but might chip it in in discussions, but I don't fight him on those things. He works in a small company, and he rose to the position of a Manager, he spent all his time in office, the little time to waste with his friends. It's a good thing but I'm not comfortable with that, the pay is about 90k, which is not enough for his expenses, also he's the first born.

Fast forward to last year, his dad died, it looks like a film trick to him, he now have to take care of his siblings and mum (mum is nurse, but retired long time ago, her pay is little because it wasn't normal retirement). Everything I was telling him finally came to pass.

He rented an apartment with His friends, he later hated it, and said he wants his own, he went to rent an apartment of 600k (he gathered it from different places and he borrowed), which I really hate and we fought on that as well. Because he could have used the money to secure his life in a better way, since his complain when I told him to start a business is that he doesn't have money bla bla bla

He will not apply for better jobs as well
He's practically doing nothing to grow, and would say he hates Nigeria and he would like to leave, but he can't even apply for scholarships or even google schools.

So this 2020, Jan 1, I started fighting him, that I'm not going to continue with him like that, that he should go apply for MSC, start a business or just do something. He now started saying that he has responsibilities which are his siblings, I told him this is the nonsense, he would do till the year ends, we will fight and later resolve it.

He won't even talk about it, or get reminded, he makes me feel Hus boss is using him. I have told him several times how he would be used and dumped, in fact, he makes me say negatives sometimes, and that's because I have seen people that get dumped while working with companies and they fall back to grass, my mum won't even accept him because he works in a company, small company, not cocacola or big companies. My mum hates company works like shits because we've heard and seen people falling to zero due to company jobs.

The problem
1. He says I'm disturbing his life, and not allowing him to rest

2. I'm not happy with him living that way, with no future, no investment, hes not building himself while working, hes not doing courses, not learning any skills, and I think its too risky.
His current salary is not enough for him, not to talk of me collecting part of it. But he gives me money though, has not been more than 1k, 2k and data subscription which I really appreciate.

3. I can't introduce him to my family because I want him respected. Truth is I don't know what he would say to impress my parents because I'm not even impressed with him. And I want him to be superloved and respected. I believe in first impression would last very long. He has introduced me to his family and all friends

4. He never ask me about my own life, aspirations, advice me etc, I'm always the one to do that. Yesterday he had the gut to tell me I'm not caring because of just two days of not showing care

5. Corona has turned his company outside down and he's highly affected. Just like all what I was telling him finally happened, and he has nothing to fall back at. He has a car,

6. I can't marry him or anyone this way, and I'm getting old, though and I want marriage next year. He said he wants too, but I can't marry him like this. And I don't want to get to late twenties, and he breaks up and I start looking for husband, people would be thinking maybe I have a problem that is why I'm yet to marry, they won't know that its him that caused my delay. Plus I have a very high esteem, so I would hate to be desperate for marriage with a man or be the one to be wanting marriage so much in a relationship

7. Right now, we have temporarily break up, so I'm asking if I should break up or make up? Because he was saying rubbish last night

Note: I'm not a fan of dating and rubbish, I love him very much and I don't want to leave him at all. I don't think there's any man I can date as I do not like dishonesty at all and 95% of men are dishonest. My BF is very honest and good I'm every other aspect

You are trying to raise a grown up man, That is simply not your job! Use your head!
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Calapar(m): 8:59am On May 22, 2020
Are we responsible for your frustration? Go abroad and see how valuable women are and how they value naija men
Acmepreneur:

Yes now, 95% of men are useless except my BG and father
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 8:59am On May 22, 2020
Ysquare98:

Abi o... Use ur smartness to make yourself better na
See this one, I don't have responsibilities. I'm making myself better already, I'm in the process, I have role models, they also did not become big overnight. I'm in the billionaire squad dear, there's no money now, but I have built the foundation. When it start coming, it would rush, that is the koko
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Olakunleyakub(m): 9:01am On May 22, 2020
1. I think i can understand the reason why you wanted him to command respect from your parent unless I want to drag myself to the cycles of hyprocrate and ignorance.
2. Master degree issue: Personal investment is the best form of investment but it is not the yardstick or benchmark for success. Education and institutions is just a place where are ideas are nutured but not a prerequisite for success or richness in life. Bill gate, jackma, Steve job, Larry page and so on are great example but pls note that having those highest degree of education is something everyone must embrace to sharpen our skils but at their different and convenient time of individuals.[
3. On the business issue: the truth is that sum people find solace and fulfilment in company work than business.. It is true that business owners owns the world but some people are more productive in company than their personal businesses. For example i have one good friend llke that. We met during my service year in Abuja let me say his name his Williams a graduate of accounting from from prestigious Obafemi Awolowo university with strong 2.1 result. The guy found fulfilment in company work and ultimately dislike business... He had money den to set up something, we even advised him to considered some business but he refused.
Some people blv in working in an organization til they to rise to top positions rather than starting a small scale business. Not because they are not serious or ambitious enough but because that is what they find solace in.that my freind is doing very well with one company in Lagos now and his mindset has chnaged..he is now a busines oriented gender now. It is just a matter of time he soon change his mindset and be business oriented. I think both of you have different visions and perspective about life which is very detrimental to your union cos marriage is a complex institution that requires to sometimes knows what is behind the closet before it can be fruitful.
Solution
Meet him personally and discuss about your visions together. The problem you have is different visions and perspective about life.
List down your visions together and concludes if one party is ready to compromise and realigned his or her vision to other party. Or give him more breathing space to find himself and be the best version. If the problem continues that means both of you are better of staying apart than being together due to different visions and goals.
Pls accept my my little submission. All the good ones from this advice is from god while the bad ones are from.
quote author=Acmepreneur post=89810695]
Lol, I finished my masters 1year, 8months ago at age 22.
I have many skills that I have a business plan on. Currently, I'm planning to launch my business very soon but I have no money to do that. I'm planning my travelling to Canada, I'm applying for scholarships because I made a an excellent grade in both Msc & Bsc and was the best student in my class in both. I can start a business with my little skills, but that would be too low of me since I have siblings who are on my neck for me to travel out to Canada, just that the process is too slow. My life plan is set, which means once God answer my prayers, I would rise in a very high speed. I want to marry him before travelling so I would just process his own easily[/quote]
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Ysquare98: 9:02am On May 22, 2020
Acmepreneur:

This your comment and that of others strengthen my believe that many people in this part of the world ear A and their Braun call it B, which is the reason people are going through divorce so much today, because they tell those they are not supposed to tell their problems.
Anyway, I don't have low self esteem at all, in fact, my self esteem is extremely high, I have many goodies around me except money though. As far as smartness is concerned, maybe it's just coincidence and luck that made me always be the best in my classes till post graduate level, and won many awards since you think I'm not smart nor intelligent. Mumu people

U be mumu of the highest level, why do u keep bragging about educational achievement. Abeg tell me the CGPA you graduated with. This thing has really damaged your reasoning.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 9:02am On May 22, 2020
Acmepreneur:

But you smoke, I don't like males that have account on NL, most of them smoke.

I don't smoke. As a matter of fact I never smoked. I don't take alcohol either. Let's connect via Facebook, if you don't mind. I won't feel free to indicate my Facebook profile link here. Just provide me email address or some private means to send my Facebook profile and contact details.
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 9:04am On May 22, 2020
Dani93:
1) You have high esteem
But your man has low esteem
2) you feel the future progress
But he feel nothing but d present situation
3) you got eyes and you can see the future
But he got eyes just to see the present
4) you got wings, u want 2 fly, you want to move
But your man has no wings,
5) you are planing to live life well in the future
But your man just Woking to live for the present
6) u got the future
But he got d present

You guys are not in the same page
Is not your type of man, you are just in love with the wrong dupe
Everyone here has been saying I have low self esteem because I want him to better his life for his mother and siblings. I have no responsibility, of I decide not to work forever, I will feed, use better cloths, carry designer bags etc because I'm the last of 4 children well to do. Na only money I no go get.
Also I'm not asking him to pursue anything out of his own intrest, just telling him to pursue things in reasonable ways,for instance, he wants masters abroad, he can do it in Nigeria, he wants to travel out, he should start processing it, he want to have his own company, he should build it gradually not wait till he has millions etc

2 Likes

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by descent96(m): 9:04am On May 22, 2020
Story of my life...
honestly all I cld deduce 4rm this whole story is the facts that u're too ambitious too my liking,perhaps cos of the background u come frm, come to think of it what do u as individual do 4 a living and what values do u add to the man's life,apart 4rm d advice and words of encouragement? The mistakes most ladies make is to think that advice,words of encouragment/motivation and may be sex are all what a man needs to be prodded to actualising his dreams or goals and to stay glued to the r/ship,but they fail to understand that financial support is also very important to helping a man achieve all that u want him to. If u're in a better position to assist him in cash,then dn't hesitate to do so,except u dn't really love and trust him as u profess. If u blv deep down inside that he's the one u'd like to walk down the aisle with,then start making plans on how to build that "empire" of ur dream with him irrespective of relatioship status with him. But if u think otherwise then go look 4 ur spec and that to me,will see u in d light of a lady who wants a man's dreams and goals to be achieved according to her dictates,and u knw what that means?, catastrophe!when the man finally gets on his feet or realises himself. So my advise to u young lady,assist ur man if need be and if u're in a better positiondo so,cos that will prove to him how mch u really want him to succeed,but shld be done with caution and discretion. I blv in the school of thought that partners in a relationship cld make it work if they sincerely contribute their quota in any little way they can to the vision,goals and dreams of each one.
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 9:06am On May 22, 2020
eduwizard:

I don't smoke. As a matter of fact I never smoked. I don't take alcohol either. Let's connect via Facebook, if you don't mind. I won't feel free to indicate my Facebook profile link here. Just provide me email address or some private means to send my Facebook profile and contact details.
Lol, you cracking me up. I'm just joking with you now
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Ysquare98: 9:06am On May 22, 2020
Acmepreneur:

Lol, i'm building something great. You don't expect me to become rich overnight. Everything is not about money.
All I have built and building is for the future. My name will always be remembered for what I did. I'm building my life gradually, which is what I want you to do

People with mindset like yours may not end up becoming a millionaire even if you live and dine with them. You can't accommodate someone that wants something different from what you are dreaming of !! Check out great people profile my dear
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 9:07am On May 22, 2020
Ysquare98:

U be mumu of the highest level, why do u keep bragging about educational achievement. Abeg tell me the CGPA you graduated with. This thing has really damaged your reasoning.
4.95/5.0 BSC
6.5/7.0 MSC
Ode

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Ysquare98: 9:08am On May 22, 2020
descent96:
Story of my life...
honestly all I cld deduce 4rm this whole story is the facts that u're too ambitious too my liking,perhaps cos of the background u come frm, come to think of it what do u as individual do 4 a living and what values do u add to the man's life,apart 4rm d advice and words of encouragement? The mistakes most ladies make is to think that advice,words of encouragment/motivation and may be sex are all what a man needs to be prodded to actualising his dreams or goals and to stay glued to the r/ship,but they fail to understand that financial support is also very important to helping a man achieve all that u want him to. If u're in a better position to assist him in cash,then dn't hesitate to do so,except u dn't really love and trust him as u profess. If u blv deep down inside that he's the one u'd like to walk down the aisle with,then start making plans on how to build that "empire" of ur dream with him irrespective of relatioship status with him. But if u think otherwise then go look 4 ur spec and that to me,will see u in d light of a lady who wants a man's dreams and goals to be achieved according to her dictates,and u knw what that means?, catastrophe!when the man finally gets on his feet or realises himself. So my advise to u young lady,assist ur man if need be and if u're in a better positiondo so,cos that will prove to him how mch u really want him to succeed,but shld be done with caution and discretion. I blv in the school of thought that partners in a relationship cld make it work if they sincerely contribute their quota in any little way they can to the vision,goals and dreams of each one.

Loud am abeg
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by abimbola74(m): 9:09am On May 22, 2020
Eulalia:
Calm down. Youre pushing him too hard. You this,
You that
You there bla bla bla...

Your type can drive a man insane. You want to be the one calling the shots and its very wrong.

Now you with all your innovations are still collecting 1k, 2k and money for subscription but have the guts to say hes not industrious. What have you innovated and given to him to be managing for you, miss innovator?
Abeg i too know dey worry you.

Upon the guy told you he's taking care of his siblings, you're still putting pressure on him. Let him be. Biko go and look for Dangote or wale adenugas son to marry.

Cho cho cho cho... Let me hear word.
God bless you. I love you olohun

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by olaboy1: 9:09am On May 22, 2020
Acmepreneur:

Lol, I'm broke true true. Like very broke, with no shingbain, no money but material stuffs.I can't even buy an ordinary sweet or chewing gum, I'm so broke like that. I'm even planning to leave this country to hustle so I can build my empire business, CX I don tire to dey broke. Sorry, it pains you so much, but there's no how I can help your condition

Your arrogance and childishness will get you nowhere in life. A realist like you that wants to get married next year should have at least 500k minimum in her akant, hanti how is your bank account set up.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by FGonline: 9:11am On May 22, 2020
Acmepreneur:

Yes now, 95% of men are useless except my BG and father
hahaha

Chai I pity d poor weaklin guy u called ur boyfriend.

You are just a wonded lion,looking 4who to unleash ur pain on.......no b me dump u abeg
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 9:11am On May 22, 2020
Olakunleyakub:
1. I think i can understand the reason why you wanted him to command respect from your parent unless I want to drag myself to the cycles of hyprocrate and ignorance.
2. Master degree issue: Personal investment is the best form of investment but it is not the yardstick or benchmark for success. Education and institutions is just a place where are ideas are nutured but not a prerequisite for success or richness in life. Bill gate, jackma, Steve job, Larry page and so on are great example but pls note that having those highest degree of education is something everyone must embrace to sharpen our skils but at their different and convenient time of individuals.[
3. On the business issue: the truth is that sum people find solace and fulfilment in company work than business.. It is true that business owners owns the world but some people are more productive in company than their personal businesses. For example i have one good friend llke that. We met during my service year in Abuja let me say his name his Williams a graduate of accounting from from prestigious Obafemi Awolowo university with strong 2.1 result. The guy found fulfilment in company work and ultimately dislike business... He had money den to set up something, we even advised him to considered some business but he refused.
Some people blv in working in an organization til they to rise to top positions rather than starting a small scale business. Not because they are not serious or ambitious enough but because that is what they find solace in.that my freind is doing very well with one company in Lagos now and his mindset has chnaged..he is now a busines oriented gender now. It is just a matter of time he soon change his mindset and be business oriented. I think both of you have different visions and perspective about life which is very detrimental to your union cos marriage is a complex institution that requires to sometimes knows what is behind the closet before it can be fruitful.
Solution
Meet him personally and discuss about your visions together. The problem you have is different visions and perspective about life.
List down your visions together and concludes if one party is ready to compromise and realigned his or her vision to other party. Or give him more breathing space to find himself and be the best version. If the problem continues that means both of you are better of staying apart than being together due to different visions and goals.
Pls accept my my little submission. All the good ones from this advice is from god while the bad ones are from.
quote author=Acmepreneur post=89810695]
Lol, I finished my masters 1year, 8months ago at age 22.
I have many skills that I have a business plan on. Currently, I'm planning to launch my business very soon but I have no money to do that. I'm planning my travelling to Canada, I'm applying for scholarships because I made a an excellent grade in both Msc & Bsc and was the best student in my class in both. I can start a business with my little skills, but that would be too low of me since I have siblings who are on my neck for me to travel out to Canada, just that the process is too slow. My life plan is set, which means once God answer my prayers, I would rise in a very high speed. I want to marry him before travelling so I would just process his own easily
Thanks jare.
I'm not saying he should do Masters, I'm saying he should do something in an easier way. He likes to do Masters, just not in Nigeria. It may even be an MBA, and if not intrested in that. He should upgrade his skills. I'm not forcing him to do a certain thing, I just want him to do something he loves,and not just remain in a place. Like building something underneath gradually while working in his company, just like a backup plan. It may be anything, the MSC I mentioned is part of the anything, not compulsory.

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Ysquare98: 9:11am On May 22, 2020
Acmepreneur:

4.95/5.0 BSC
6.5/7.0 MSC
Ode

Oponu that did la cram la pour. Ego is worrying you ! I foresee am, no matter who u marry, oma ni issue if you dont change way you see some things

4 Likes

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 9:17am On May 22, 2020
Ysquare98:

Oponu that did la cram la pour. Ego is worrying you ! I foresee am, no matter who u marry, oma ni issue if you dont change way you see some things
Lol, yes o. LA cram na pour no easy na, if e easy na everyone go dey do am. Why you no try am if e easy? I did LA cram LA pour, 3g and I'm proud of it. you are so jealous and envious and its written all over you, even on a faceless forum, you still jealous like this. Your friends are in trouble, how I wish they knew they are befriending a devil
Shebi you talk say I have low self esteem, now, I have Ego ehn?
People that is doing you haff died since 18th century.

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by BigTableShaker(f): 9:17am On May 22, 2020
Judybash93:
There's really no need for this
I no mention any tribe o
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by BigTableShaker(f): 9:18am On May 22, 2020
Enwhen:

Is this a SHIT poem ?
Yea yea
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by BigTableShaker(f): 9:19am On May 22, 2020
TourismMan:

People like you are the main problem in this country. What has this thread got to do with tribe? Tell me please.
Some tribes are plain stupid.
I don't like talking about em.
Hows that an offence?
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by giles14(m): 9:20am On May 22, 2020
Acmepreneur:
This my guy is not serious at all.

I used to tell myself change is the only permanent thing in life bla bla bla. And I really believe that once you take the right steps, you can be anything you want to be. This made me to be very soft with people.

When I started dating my Boyfriend, I really was not choosy or judgy. I accepted him without a second thought. I'm not the type of lady that actually do all those lady stuff, I'm a very serious person and I don't play games at all.
My BF is very cool, like not bad looking, normal behaviour etc and I like him a lot.

I'm a very ambitious person, with an extremely big dreams, my boyfriend is also hard working, but I'm not seeing any future at all with his career/prospects/life. When I say I'm with big dreams, it's means I'm working on discovering (new innovations), planning big business that would compete with top brands etc. I'm that big in dreams.

My children is also very important to me, I don't plan for their sufferings at all.
I'm an introvert, I find solace in my aspirations, dreams. I have books I work out those formulas (I mean how I would execute my business plans), I research a lot, think a lot etc

Our fight now

Since day 1, I do tell him to do this and that. I really hate company works, so I would tell him to have savings, and be building something sideways where he works. Also, I wanted him to do Masters, since he said he would love to travel out, he's always saying he hates Nigeria bla bla bla. His dad also wanted him to do Masters, but he's in the crew of Masters is a waste of time, and he can't do Masters in Nigeria bla bla bla

Baby try this business, he would say he doesn't have money, he needs 2 million to start a business etc.

Meanwhile, he doesn't have money to travel out of the country to do Masters, nor 2m to start any business. So I would tell him to manage what he has first, and that would propelled him later, but he likes to talk like illiterates that Masters is meaningless.

Meanwhile, while that is true, those things are just like investment, you don't know when you will see an opportunity to use your Masters certificate, and since he studied computer science, I told him that it can even help him get a job outside Nigeria when he leaves, that it can be useful there. I understand the situation of the country, but not having masters doesn't mean you will get a job as well, so why don't you just have it.

My bf would shut me off, and also his dad, the dad even asked him to take job at the federal university where he works, but my bf said he can't work in that place, this is a federal government job o, he would say the salary is too small and people there already knows him, because his dad is in a big office in the university.

So it won't seem like I'm disturbing him, I went quiet, but might chip it in in discussions, but I don't fight him on those things. He works in a small company, and he rose to the position of a Manager, he spent all his time in office, the little time to waste with his friends. It's a good thing but I'm not comfortable with that, the pay is about 90k, which is not enough for his expenses, also he's the first born.

Fast forward to last year, his dad died, it looks like a film trick to him, he now have to take care of his siblings and mum (mum is nurse, but retired long time ago, her pay is little because it wasn't normal retirement). Everything I was telling him finally came to pass.

He rented an apartment with His friends, he later hated it, and said he wants his own, he went to rent an apartment of 600k (he gathered it from different places and he borrowed), which I really hate and we fought on that as well. Because he could have used the money to secure his life in a better way, since his complain when I told him to start a business is that he doesn't have money bla bla bla

He will not apply for better jobs as well
He's practically doing nothing to grow, and would say he hates Nigeria and he would like to leave, but he can't even apply for scholarships or even google schools.

So this 2020, Jan 1, I started fighting him, that I'm not going to continue with him like that, that he should go apply for MSC, start a business or just do something. He now started saying that he has responsibilities which are his siblings, I told him this is the nonsense, he would do till the year ends, we will fight and later resolve it.

He won't even talk about it, or get reminded, he makes me feel Hus boss is using him. I have told him several times how he would be used and dumped, in fact, he makes me say negatives sometimes, and that's because I have seen people that get dumped while working with companies and they fall back to grass, my mum won't even accept him because he works in a company, small company, not cocacola or big companies. My mum hates company works like shits because we've heard and seen people falling to zero due to company jobs.

The problem
1. He says I'm disturbing his life, and not allowing him to rest

2. I'm not happy with him living that way, with no future, no investment, hes not building himself while working, hes not doing courses, not learning any skills, and I think its too risky.
His current salary is not enough for him, not to talk of me collecting part of it. But he gives me money though, has not been more than 1k, 2k and data subscription which I really appreciate.

3. I can't introduce him to my family because I want him respected. Truth is I don't know what he would say to impress my parents because I'm not even impressed with him. And I want him to be superloved and respected. I believe in first impression would last very long. He has introduced me to his family and all friends

4. He never ask me about my own life, aspirations, advice me etc, I'm always the one to do that. Yesterday he had the gut to tell me I'm not caring because of just two days of not showing care

5. Corona has turned his company outside down and he's highly affected. Just like all what I was telling him finally happened, and he has nothing to fall back at. He has a car,

6. I can't marry him or anyone this way, and I'm getting old, though and I want marriage next year. He said he wants too, but I can't marry him like this. And I don't want to get to late twenties, and he breaks up and I start looking for husband, people would be thinking maybe I have a problem that is why I'm yet to marry, they won't know that its him that caused my delay. Plus I have a very high esteem, so I would hate to be desperate for marriage with a man or be the one to be wanting marriage so much in a relationship

7. Right now, we have temporarily break up, so I'm asking if I should break up or make up? Because he was saying rubbish last night

Note: I'm not a fan of dating and rubbish, I love him very much and I don't want to leave him at all. I don't think there's any man I can date as I do not like dishonesty at all and 95% of men are dishonest. My BF is very honest and good I'm every other aspect
pls can I get your mobile number.
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Xpress24(m): 9:20am On May 22, 2020
Acmepreneur:

Hmmn
I think I will just look for a fine guy to give birth for. And take it that men are useless, and thus there won't be any fight. My beautiful children would be my happiness. I can't date any guy again and be witnessing rubbish. I don't have heart to argue or anything.
If I go into labour, then I'm doing that to give birth to a beautiful baby,so that it worth is very well.
that means you ain't prepare for marriage yet.
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Nat404: 9:21am On May 22, 2020
Acmepreneur:

Lol, Ode
I know you will insult me for saying the truth.

Your man has another girl and that's the bitter truth.

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 9:23am On May 22, 2020
Nat404:
I know you will insult me for saying the truth.

Your man has another girl and that's the bitter truth.
You made my day with your jokes and riddles, I laff hard.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply)

Bedroom Pre-wedding Pictures Of Handsome Man & His Beautiful Wife-to-be / Lady Saw Her Boyfriend's Wedding Photos Online After An Abortion For Him / This is the Best Pre Wedding Picture Style I Have Ever Seen.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.