Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? - Romance (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? (77662 Views)

How Do I Break Up With Her? / Do I Break Up With Him? / How Do I Break Up With Her In A Polite Manner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by yinksman1: 11:02am On May 22, 2020
Acmepreneur:
This my guy is not serious at all.

I used to tell myself change is the only permanent thing in life bla bla bla. And I really believe that once you take the right steps, you can be anything you want to be. This made me to be very soft with people.

When I started dating my Boyfriend, I really was not choosy or judgy. I accepted him without a second thought. I'm not the type of lady that actually do all those lady stuff, I'm a very serious person and I don't play games at all.
My BF is very cool, like not bad looking, normal behaviour etc and I like him a lot.

I'm a very ambitious person, with an extremely big dreams, my boyfriend is also hard working, but I'm not seeing any future at all with his career/prospects/life. When I say I'm with big dreams, it's means I'm working on discovering (new innovations), planning big business that would compete with top brands etc. I'm that big in dreams.

My children is also very important to me, I don't plan for their sufferings at all.
I'm an introvert, I find solace in my aspirations, dreams. I have books I work out those formulas (I mean how I would execute my business plans), I research a lot, think a lot etc

Our fight now

Since day 1, I do tell him to do this and that. I really hate company works, so I would tell him to have savings, and be building something sideways where he works. Also, I wanted him to do Masters, since he said he would love to travel out, he's always saying he hates Nigeria bla bla bla. His dad also wanted him to do Masters, but he's in the crew of Masters is a waste of time, and he can't do Masters in Nigeria bla bla bla

Baby try this business, he would say he doesn't have money, he needs 2 million to start a business etc.

Meanwhile, he doesn't have money to travel out of the country to do Masters, nor 2m to start any business. So I would tell him to manage what he has first, and that would propelled him later, but he likes to talk like illiterates that Masters is meaningless.

Meanwhile, while that is true, those things are just like investment, you don't know when you will see an opportunity to use your Masters certificate, and since he studied computer science, I told him that it can even help him get a job outside Nigeria when he leaves, that it can be useful there. I understand the situation of the country, but not having masters doesn't mean you will get a job as well, so why don't you just have it.

My bf would shut me off, and also his dad, the dad even asked him to take job at the federal university where he works, but my bf said he can't work in that place, this is a federal government job o, he would say the salary is too small and people there already knows him, because his dad is in a big office in the university.

So it won't seem like I'm disturbing him, I went quiet, but might chip it in in discussions, but I don't fight him on those things. He works in a small company, and he rose to the position of a Manager, he spent all his time in office, the little time to waste with his friends. It's a good thing but I'm not comfortable with that, the pay is about 90k, which is not enough for his expenses, also he's the first born.

Fast forward to last year, his dad died, it looks like a film trick to him, he now have to take care of his siblings and mum (mum is nurse, but retired long time ago, her pay is little because it wasn't normal retirement). Everything I was telling him finally came to pass.

He rented an apartment with His friends, he later hated it, and said he wants his own, he went to rent an apartment of 600k (he gathered it from different places and he borrowed), which I really hate and we fought on that as well. Because he could have used the money to secure his life in a better way, since his complain when I told him to start a business is that he doesn't have money bla bla bla

He will not apply for better jobs as well
He's practically doing nothing to grow, and would say he hates Nigeria and he would like to leave, but he can't even apply for scholarships or even google schools.

So this 2020, Jan 1, I started fighting him, that I'm not going to continue with him like that, that he should go apply for MSC, start a business or just do something. He now started saying that he has responsibilities which are his siblings, I told him this is the nonsense, he would do till the year ends, we will fight and later resolve it.

He won't even talk about it, or get reminded, he makes me feel Hus boss is using him. I have told him several times how he would be used and dumped, in fact, he makes me say negatives sometimes, and that's because I have seen people that get dumped while working with companies and they fall back to grass, my mum won't even accept him because he works in a company, small company, not cocacola or big companies. My mum hates company works like shits because we've heard and seen people falling to zero due to company jobs.

The problem
1. He says I'm disturbing his life, and not allowing him to rest

2. I'm not happy with him living that way, with no future, no investment, hes not building himself while working, hes not doing courses, not learning any skills, and I think its too risky.
His current salary is not enough for him, not to talk of me collecting part of it. But he gives me money though, has not been more than 1k, 2k and data subscription which I really appreciate.

3. I can't introduce him to my family because I want him respected. Truth is I don't know what he would say to impress my parents because I'm not even impressed with him. And I want him to be superloved and respected. I believe in first impression would last very long. He has introduced me to his family and all friends

4. He never ask me about my own life, aspirations, advice me etc, I'm always the one to do that. Yesterday he had the gut to tell me I'm not caring because of just two days of not showing care

5. Corona has turned his company outside down and he's highly affected. Just like all what I was telling him finally happened, and he has nothing to fall back at. He has a car,

6. I can't marry him or anyone this way, and I'm getting old, though and I want marriage next year. He said he wants too, but I can't marry him like this. And I don't want to get to late twenties, and he breaks up and I start looking for husband, people would be thinking maybe I have a problem that is why I'm yet to marry, they won't know that its him that caused my delay. Plus I have a very high esteem, so I would hate to be desperate for marriage with a man or be the one to be wanting marriage so much in a relationship

7. Right now, we have temporarily break up, so I'm asking if I should break up or make up? Because he was saying rubbish last night

Note: I'm not a fan of dating and rubbish, I love him very much and I don't want to leave him at all. I don't think there's any man I can date as I do not like dishonesty at all and 95% of men are dishonest. My BF is very honest and good I'm every other aspect

It’s obvious you are directing him to the right direction that will favor him and help him in life to achieve something good ASAP but his not listening to you which is very bad, I see him as someone that doesn’t want to listen to your advice as in any advice from you is doesn’t make any sense to him and again that’s a very bad attitude because when the bad side of it happens you will both suffer for it and it will be too late to correct it. Imagine him going for an apartment of 600k and he Can’t boast of extra 500k in his account (believe me his not thinking like a mature guy, in this hard country that everybody is looking for up to 6 different income so they can beat poverty) ..I will suggest you look for His relative that he always listen to or a close friend of him that will talk to him on your behalf so everything can be fine for you not to regret marrying him at the end
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by enemyofprogress: 11:04am On May 22, 2020
I know your type, always trying to act like one's mother, giving instructions. Give the guy a breathing space, he is not your baby (even though that's what you call him). He is your boyfriend and not your husband. Mtcheeeèeeeèew
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by enemyofprogress: 11:05am On May 22, 2020
yinksman1:

[s]It’s obvious you are directing him to the right direction that will favor him and help him in life to achieve something good ASAP but his not listening to you which is very bad, I see him as someone that doesn’t want to listen to your advice as in any advice from you is doesn’t make any sense to him and again that’s a very bad attitude because when the bad side of it happens you will both suffer for it and it will be too late to correct it. Imagine him going for an apartment of 600k and he Can’t boast of extra 500k in his account (believe me his not thinking like a mature guy, in this hard country that everybody is looking for up to 6 different income so they can beat poverty) ..I will suggest you look for His relative that he always listen to or a close friend of him that will talk to him on your behalf so everything can be fine for you not to regret marrying him at the en[/s]d
supersonic trash

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 11:07am On May 22, 2020
folake4u:
I'm like this Op, goal oriented and very very ambitious, the way I show love is to make sure the people I love or are close to me can progress in their lives by sending them vital information, books, scholarship applications and general word of advice and encouragement. I was taught this hard way by my parents and I can't even be with a guy that isn't ambitious or goal oriented as I am, I don't like it when I'm always giving energy vibes of 80-90% and the person is giving me 20-30% energy, I will be very frustrated!!!!!!

Reading through some comments especially the first page and I'm here shaking my head profusely at the distasteful comments some guys are reeking, how can you call what Op is doing "NAGGING" . Even if you say it's nagging, isn't it for the betterment of the Op's boyfriend?
What this Op is doing is borne out of pure love, even me sef salute her.
How can a first son be this lazy that he's even been pushed up and down by his girlfriend and his late father to achieve things in life? Even going as far as renting 600k apartment ontop 90k salary!!!! Talmabout living above your means, you come still borrow the 600k to pay rent. O ga oh!!!!!!!!

Infact, I'm angry!! Op, please talk to him and make him see reasons with you, and if he doesn't, please leave him ALONE. Promise me you'd cry over him for just 2-3days tops smiley.

Na wa oh, Una see girl wey dey push you to move forward in life, una go complain, Una see girl wey be Instagram slayer and ambitionless or NFA, Una go run meet slaymama, she go chop una money, clean mouth and Una go run come NL and say "Girls are whores, fish brains" and other gibberish.
Nonsense and Corona virus!!!!!!

Lastly, Op you deserve everything you want and it is my prayer that you should be happy, don't let any man hush you down. Keep being YOU

What do Nigerian men really want?
Exactly sister, Thanks for understanding. The truth is for 3years, I just ship it in during playful discussion, I don't tell him specifically. I just started telling him this year and yet they think I'm nagging. Should I continue to watch him waste time without any backup plans? And continue to manage all his life when I know he has responsibilities in front of him.
What if something happened to his company, I don't pray for negatives, but it happens to people, for instance, who knows corona would come.
I believe in create many options for yourself, so anytime, nothing will make you think life is over since if this one stopped working, there's another thing you can try
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by enemyofprogress: 11:08am On May 22, 2020
adegeye38:

First of all if u are not a Christian, accept Jesus as your Lord and saviour,
Then a boyfriend and girlfriend relationship is a relationship that is baseless, either u are single, engaged or married.

Now to know if this guy is for you, u have to pray and know Gods will.

Now lets talk abt marriage, marriage is God's idea, and so he has guidelines on how it should be done.

A woman is an helper for d man, you are to fit into his vision and help him accomplish dem, and in doing dat ur own visions and aspirations too will be fulfilled.

Anyman u are going to get engaged to, apart from d fact dat he must be a Christian, you ask him what is vision his, and you ask yourself ifu can actually fit into dat vision and if its d same with your own potential.

Dey are so much to talk abt, u can send me an email, i will give u my number
na so una dey take snatch person wife. Kontinue you hear?
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by lielbree: 11:09am On May 22, 2020
X
Tripitaka:
"I told him to"
"I want him to"
"I warned him not to"
"I advised him to"
"He wouldn't listen to me" and all the other stuffs.

It appears to me that you are foisting your opinion, choices and wishes on your partner. You want him to live his life your way, pursue his dreams following your chart and run his race with you as guide. Perhaps you want to be the Kapellmeister while you lead the orchestra that is his life.

If he were to follow your advise and it backfires or doesnt yield the expected fruit, who would take responsibility? There is something some of us do not acknowledge which is that not everyone wants to be wealthy, some people just want to be successful at what they do, some people just want to lead a simple and fulfilled life.

I also find your intentions questionable. Do you have all those "nice thoughts" for him because you love and wish him well, or because you want him wealthy enough to marry you next year and give you "the life"? Its a shame that you say you're not proud of someone ou claim to love and painting him as some loser.

There comes a time in the life of a man when he wants to do things his own way, steer his own ship, make his own mistakes and celebrate his own little victories.

I would have asked you to talk to him, but I believe you guys have talked about this over and over. So, the choice is yours to walk or stay
Your post didn't bother me, it's the number of people that agree with u that I find gutt rentching. ..
Is there hope for our youth? He just wants to lazy around his entire life and you feel that's ok? cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 11:11am On May 22, 2020
ThatPetiteChic:

Yea... my fiance and I have been together for 6 years. I also had that feeling because many parents will only respect a successful man but I realised something. The way you present him to your family will earn him that respect. No one needs to know his income. My family is far richer than my fiance's family but I had to present him well to my people so they don't look down on him. With this corona issue, I have started looking for how to leave this country even if my fiance prefers staying back. He doesn't mind me leaving him behind. Keep pushing him softly (not nagging) and with prayers, it will end in praise. I see you going far, dont relent in your effort.

I believe in few years from now, we would read our post and laugh at it because we will all be in a better place. kiss
Amen sis, I like you already

2 Likes

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by enemyofprogress: 11:11am On May 22, 2020
jasent:
You are a blessing to him and I hope he realize it before it becomes late.How I wish I had a girl like you years back..
bros stop this your indirect toasting jo. Ko le werk.

Vickyrotex abi o ri nkan?

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by enemyofprogress: 11:13am On May 22, 2020
folake4u:
[s]I'm like this Op, goal oriented and very very ambitious, the way I show love is to make sure the people I love or are close to me can progress in their lives by sending them vital information, books, scholarship applications and general word of advice and encouragement. I was taught this hard way by my parents and I can't even be with a guy that isn't ambitious or goal oriented as I am, I don't like it when I'm always giving energy vibes of 80-90% and the person is giving me 20-30% energy, I will be very frustrated!!!!!!

Reading through some comments especially the first page and I'm here shaking my head profusely at the distasteful comments some guys are reeking, how can you call what Op is doing "NAGGING" . Even if you say it's nagging, isn't it for the betterment of the Op's boyfriend?
What this Op is doing is borne out of pure love, even me sef salute her.
How can a first son be this lazy that he's even been pushed up and down by his girlfriend and his late father to achieve things in life? Even going as far as renting 600k apartment ontop 90k salary!!!! Talmabout living above your means, you come still borrow the 600k to pay rent. O ga oh!!!!!!!!

Infact, I'm angry!! Op, please talk to him and make him see reasons with you, and if he doesn't, please leave him ALONE. Promise me you'd cry over him for just 2-3days tops smiley.

Na wa oh, Una see girl wey dey push you to move forward in life, una go complain, Una see girl wey be Instagram slayer and ambitionless or NFA, Una go run meet slaymama, she go chop una money, clean mouth and Una go run come NL and say "Girls are whores, fish brains" and other gibberish.
Nonsense and Corona virus!!!!!!

Lastly, Op you deserve everything you want and it is my prayer that you should be happy, don't let any man hush you down. Keep being YOU

What do Nigerian men really want?[/s]
supersonic trash
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by folake4u(f): 11:15am On May 22, 2020
Acmepreneur:

Exactly sister, Thanks for understanding. The truth is for 3years, I just ship it in during playful discussion, I don't tell him specifically. I just started telling him this year and yet they think I'm nagging. Should I continue to watch him waste time without any backup plans? And continue to manage all his life when I know he has responsibilities in front of him.
What if something happened to his company, I don't pray for negatives, but it happens to people, for instance, who knows corona would come.
I believe in create many options for yourself, so anytime, nothing will make you think life is over since if this one stopped working, there's another thing you can try

You're welcome sisterly smiley.

3years ke? shocked 3years of constantly telling a grown man what to do O ga oh!

You can't sit and fold your hand and watch him waste his life away.
The truth is that Op, you ALONE have the yam and the knife in your hands and you can do whatever you want to do about the relationship.
Another thing is that you can talk to a neutral person whom you're close to (from your side or even his side probably his mum and make them see reasons with him) OR better still, talk to a counselor.

Lastly, pray about it.
CHEERS!

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Cosyfaith(f): 11:16am On May 22, 2020
Ladies please learn to live with yourselves, get to know yourselves. Most ladies are a mirror of their present relationship. They haven't given themselves time to discover themselves. Discover what you love, what environment stresses, which doesn't. Your hobbies. Take a personal treat, get in the spa. Read wide

Don't spend your life trying to live a relationship. That's why you see couples drifting apart and start uttering irreconcilable difference. A lot of women don't know themselves before hopping into relationships.

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by folake4u(f): 11:17am On May 22, 2020
enemyofprogress:
supersonic trash

And you're an everlasting fool, one without redemption smiley

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by enemyofprogress: 11:17am On May 22, 2020
AfroKnight:

Like I said, there’s encouragement and there’s nagging. You don’t seem to know the difference. The way you wrote this story actually makes me believe the young man is better off without you in his life.
God bless you jare. The tone of her story shows the way she always put her advice towards the guy. Like sey she dey fight am. Nagging girlfriend pretending to by nice mtcheeeeeeew

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by enemyofprogress: 11:18am On May 22, 2020
folake4u:

[s]And you're an everlasting fool, one without redemption[/s] smiley
supersonic trash tongue

fokoke4prick grin grin
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by folake4u(f): 11:19am On May 22, 2020
lielbree:
X
Your post didn't bother me, it's the number of people that agree with u that I find gutt rentching. ..
Is there hope for our youth? He just wants to lazy around his entire life and you feel that's ok? cry

My brother, I just tire.
Over 1k likes for gibberish talks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by jasent(m): 11:21am On May 22, 2020
enemyofprogress:
bros stop this your indirect toasting jo. Ko le werk.

Vickyrotex abi o ri nkan?
I am married .everything is toasting according to you.
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by enemyofprogress: 11:25am On May 22, 2020
jasent:
I am married .everything is toasting according to you.
married? Like sey married people no dey toast. Abeg make I hear word jo
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 11:26am On May 22, 2020
folake4u:

My brother, I just tire.
Over 1k likes for gibberish talks.
I just read it again, I can't even take a single thing from his write-up, it makes no sense at all, yet he got all the likes, lol. People don't like reality

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by jasent(m): 11:28am On May 22, 2020
enemyofprogress:
married? Like sey married people no dey toast. Abeg make I hear word jo
you must be fool.If appreciating one's quality means toasting to you that's fine.Don't quote again if you love yourself oh

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by enemyofprogress: 11:30am On May 22, 2020
jasent:
you must be fool.If appreciating one's quality means toasting to you that's fine.Don't quote again if you love yourself oh
you must be be a Arrow, if telling you my mind means something else to you. No try me o, I go drag you for ground here
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Xpress24(m): 11:35am On May 22, 2020
Davidoff2000:

This is the part i was looking for since.. I just saw on page 3.

You are jobless, earn nothing, gallivant about posturing that you teach online, online enterpreneur, meanwhile thats just to make u seem like a serious person, with a job.

Just from reading your post, i just knew your situation- a woman with no tamgible.value asides what she feels is advice or psychological support.

This is not even a crime, except that you are so entitled and narcissistic. Only few have seen through you.

Why havent you put all this advice on yoursef in making yoursef better asides been a jobless masters holder with a boyfriend who ahe hopes to be her meal ticket?

All that whole advice use it for yourself na. You, you cant get job? Is it not.your mates that are working for MTN, GT, UN, Gates Foundation.etc? Dem get 4breasts?

You like developing innovations, big plans,ambitious etc. Which innovation you don ever develop, even if its just an app that recharges fones from with nepa meter. Or a water and sanitation (WASH) solution for impoverished communities.

Nonsense and ingredients. Looking for a meal ticket or a man to save her from generatiomal poverty.

Your boyfriend get enough fvk ups on his own, but you are his major fvck up sef.

Go hustle o, no be every problem, nyash go solve this year

Yeye dey smell

4 breast got me laffing
Just be easy on her
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by jasent(m): 11:35am On May 22, 2020
enemyofprogress:
you must be be a twart, if telling you my mind means something else to you. No try me o, I go drag you for ground here
Nan your papa you wan dragg for ground as you be enemyofprogress.Oh u are telling me your mind?did I seek for your opinion? Amebo..People get paid to offer their opinion but you are offering yours for free,That's because is useless. Next time keep wetin dey you're r mind to yourself.
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by enemyofprogress: 11:39am On May 22, 2020
jasent:
Nan your papa you wan dragg for ground as you be enemyofprogress.Oh u are telling me your mind?did I seek for your opinion? Amebo..People get paid to offer their opinion but you are offering yours for free,That's because is useless. Next time keep wetin dey you're r mind to yourself.
eyaaaaaaaaaaaaa see person wey dey form Mr nice and responsible married man. Little thing I dey take am fall you and turned you to a tout. God punish you and your pretence. People get paid for advice, no wonder you wan give her your phone number, for her to pay you in kind. Eleribu mr adviser
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by klenton(m): 11:40am On May 22, 2020
Acmepreneur:

I just read it again, I can't even take a single thing from his write-up, it makes no sense at all, yet he got all the likes, lol. People don't like reality

if you read it again and saw over 1k likes and still couldn't make anything out of it, then your problem is worse than imagined

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by folake4u(f): 11:40am On May 22, 2020
Acmepreneur:

Lol that's just the truth. People like living in fool's paradise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Sammarshall(f): 11:43am On May 22, 2020
That guy might never be rich in his life!

1. He doesn’t know how to manage money (e.g renting a house higher than his yearly savings)

2. He doesn’t take advice (e.g He doesn’t listen to anything you say even the good ones)

Op, a sincere advice from a hardworking girl to another,

1. Love is not all the answers, I know you said you love him but have you wondered for how long?

2. This guy doesn’t have plans for his future, he’s an opposite of you.

3. He doesn’t listen to your opinion now that you guys are just dating, hahaha it will get worse when you’re married.

4. He can be good in other things but in what matters most to you, he’s not. That’s a major red flag.

5. We are in 21st century, no lady worries herself about a man, build the type of life you want and when you’re ready men will come and if you don’t see the one you like, with your money you can buy him. I’m speaking from personal experience! (A lot of handsome young guys are everywhere looking for a woman to give them a life) pick anyone you like and make yourself happy. With your money he will be loyal, most men are foolish like that.....

2 Likes

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Brightgem(f): 11:44am On May 22, 2020
Valid worries. But you might want to rework number 6. That is a wrong way of thinking. Why are ladies so afraid of reaching their late 20s or 30. It will push you to take illogical decisions.

This is your decision to make, you know heywnt change. So if he won't it's either you leave or make the changes you want yourself, make your own money, to balance what he doesn't have, but you run the risk of a man's ego harassing you.

You do for them, they will say is it because you do this and that, you don't do for them na wahala.

Nobody can decide for you. Sit yourself down and ask yourself questions about the future. And stop tensioning yourself about when you marry or you go enter express. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by drey076(m): 11:45am On May 22, 2020
My conclusion is that the guy should stay away from you OP for his best interest
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by 12inchess: 11:46am On May 22, 2020
From the what the OP has posted. She is the last born of her family and she has a couple of degrees.And so? She also comes from a richer family. What I can see is that she is probably not even doing a high paying job and still just collects hand outs from her family because they see her as "last born girl" However my guy is different. His family no to hold like that. Even the B. Sc he did he probably struggled to finance it. The money he makes he probably is still helping his younger ones with their education. He is an hustler and as always been one to survive and that is his reality.

OP let me ask you one question. Of all the advice you've given him, how much have you achieved by yourself? By yourself I mean BY YOURSELF. Not with daddy or big sisters money. You sound like someone that has not worked one day in her life or had any reason to take any responsibility. If this guy who is an hustler is not good enuff for you because he doesn't buy into ur illogical pipe dream then why are you with him. Are you going to pay for all your visions that you have for him. Will you put in the work? Once you marry him you will not be able to run back to daddy or big brother for money.

After all you've posted here, if you ask me, I think he should be the one to dump your a. s. s

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by Funkyswagzz(m): 11:47am On May 22, 2020
Acmepreneur:

Oya now

I've had experience with ppl like ur bf. Number one example is my mum and also my ex. They won't listen to what u have to say until they experience what u are trying to tell them in a negative way. The statement u made about him goin2 stay with his friends in a rented property shows that he is still growing. He has alot more to experience and trust it's gona take few more yrs before he starts getting everything right. The best way to treat such ppl is to stop advising them until they learn in a had way. I spent 3yrs with my ex trying to change her buh I realized that I'm making a big mistake. The moment I left her she went back to same things she use to do and even getting worse. I thank God today that i made the right choice. It was very hard buh I had to break up.

So my dear the best thing for u to do is sit him down and talk to him make him understand that if u guys can't work hand in hand and listen to each other the relationship won't work.

Heres my contact so I can tell u more on what to do. And if u need someone to talk to u can keep in touch 08106350996
Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by VictorBode(m): 11:49am On May 22, 2020
Acmepreneur:

We can never break up. No, that's not the cause of our present fight, he's gradually changing. This morning he told me he started a course already. I just don't want him to be stagnant, we've been together for 4years, and I don't like that he is in a single place for 2years when he became the manager. Since we met, I have done NYSc, Masters, learnt several skills, write some tests and exams etc. I want him to try something as well, and not just depend solely on his company without any backuo

Lol.. cool. I'm happy for you both and kudos to him.

I sensed something when you told me he wasn't lazy. Lol. Because unless he hadn't made any slight progress to become a better man no matter how small I was convinced he was lazy..

But now that you've said he's changing I see why you said he's not lazy.

Also, I saw were you said NL guys are not serious. This is not true. Since you're digital marketer, you understand the importance of research and a good way to do that is in forums like this..

I'm a digital marketer and copywriter so I come here for business and to find out what people to talk about.

Anyways, do you have a sister or cousin(seems the drive runs in the family) OR are you ready to have two husbands dont mind me, I'll stick with sister or cousin.

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up Or Make Up With My Boyfriend? by CptCharlesVane: 11:52am On May 22, 2020
First, you write really well.

I thought I should chime in to share my experience in a similar situation. I’m like you but a guy, quite ambitious and love information about everything and opportunities. So, I kind of understand how disappointing it is when a partner has no desire to do the bare minimum even for their own best interest. Sometimes, it gets overbearing and demoralizing, but Love is mysterious.

With time/age, I’ve come to understand that people are not the same and even if they become who you think you’d like them to be, the process of becoming often makes them lose the essence about them that made you like/love them in the first place.

With my SO, I’ve never met anyone so kind and charming, always listens to me with grace, respectful and outright adores me. Even in my critical analysis I have yet to discover the special things that I do or that I am to deserve all of these. She will go to the ends of the world if it will make me happy, but she still has a mind of her own and can walk away from it all. Her peace of mind is paramount. This I realize is truly rare, and must admit that I’m so grateful for her and us, because with her I’ve realized that many times, all one needs is support and loyalty from being in love.

Yet, she is so unlike me in terms of dreams, aspirations, how children should be raised, investments etc etc and I’ve also come to understand that her life experience has been different; as our experiences are what largely shapes us and many of our aspirations and ambition. Not acknowledging this usually leads people to project their insecurities (eg. fear of poverty) on others in relationships, and this is not the best way to approach relationships.

So, I have come to use such motivational speeches for myself, towards my development. I have also improved my communication to make her understand my POV without making her feel inadequate while acknowledging her free will to either take or reject counsel without me becoming salty over it. I love the support I get from her anyway so it’s all good.

I also decided to engage in specialized or otherwise intellectually demanding conversations with my colleagues or other friends as I’ve stopped looking to derive all my interests in a single individual, because it is just self-centered. Perhaps, these discussions are not so important in the grand scheme of things, like we’ve believed them to be.

The nature of my profession leaves me mostly around highly intelligent people, but I’m not oblivious that such people can be big trouble to convince, and many times one needs to make an argument to have them do something, even mundane things. They can be very difficult when misunderstood. Thinking of myself, if roles were reversed, best believe I will and can never approach a relationship the same way my SO does. But I think it’s beautiful now when I think about it.

Before we met, I would have preferred ‘someone intelligent, ambitious, hardworking etc ‘ but now, if this ideal person comes along I’ll gladly pass up on the offer, again and again.

Love is powerful, and I think knowledge of building spaceships and nuclear warheads pales in comparison to kindness and honesty in relationships, even as I like learning about such things.
It’s been many years now and, honestly, I wouldn’t have it anyway else.

Should you call off your relationship? It’s your decision to make. If it is an intelligent and ambitious person you truly want, you should know that they also come with their bag of chips, worse is when you find yourself as the less intelligent and ambitious one. They also can in turn can project their insecurities. It’s hard to find intelligent people already, but genuinely honest and kind people are even more rare.

Ginger yourself to become what you think your boyfriend should do for himself to be respected by your parents. They are your parents, not his. Besides, It becomes a win-win situation, in the event that your relationship goes south.
Acmepreneur:

But I love him very much, and I'm not sure I can date someone else again or have feelings for someone else. His love is already spread in my brain

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply)

Bedroom Pre-wedding Pictures Of Handsome Man & His Beautiful Wife-to-be / This is the Best Pre Wedding Picture Style I Have Ever Seen. / Cucumber Vs Watermelon: Pre-Wedding Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.