Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,498 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me (84875 Views)

My Dead Neighbour / My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive / Father Bathes His New Born Baby: "My Wife Needs Rest" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by DrChukki: 9:49pm On May 22, 2020
clintz:
In the Bible book of genesis 38 God kill Onan for refusing to impregnate his late brothers wife. Nigerian Christians and hypocrisy we select only what we think is right in the Bible.

Same thing that came to my mind. In the old mosaic biblical culture is allowed.

Even in Igbo land is allowed.

But the person should be a direct brother to the late man and not his nephew.

So OP, what the woman is demanding for is not evil, neither is it wrong, just that you're not the right person except your late uncle has no other biological brother alive
Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by Legislator: 9:50pm On May 22, 2020
For her to be suggesting such
That her only child might not even be your uncles

Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 22, 2020
Its a lie! She just want you to sleep with her. Prolly crushing on you. Why does it have to be you that is already married? Are there no other unmarried family members she can chose from.

If she truly wants to have more children, let her go and remarry or forget about it.

You need to be careful at this point. In fact, stop going there. If you like go cos I know you men. Just avoid her.

1 Like

Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by wiseoneking: 9:51pm On May 22, 2020
fulaniHERDSman:
Do not complicate your life. In life, the more simple, common and innocent, the better.
Beautiful

1 Like

Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by JustAboyy: 9:51pm On May 22, 2020
Bola146:
Men !!!! grin grin na wa o, so if people advice you here to do it, you will do it grin grin abeg please tell us what is in your mind or have you done it ?

I think you should have given her a straight answer that you can't do it, that she should remarry or adopt undecided advice ko, advice ni lipsrsealed
From his tone it's obvious he's shagging the wife. They are now torn on whether to get pregnant for him or not, that's what brought him here.

It is obvious...
Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by Shedrack777: 9:51pm On May 22, 2020
Modesthy:
I had a good uncle who passed away three years ago. His wife morned him for one year. I lived with that my uncle until I got married and parked to my own house.

I use to visit the house sometimes. After the mourning, his wife called me and told me that I should give her more children. She has only one male child. I refused. But She said I should do it for her because she doesn't want children outside the family because she loved my uncle and our family and that she can't continue to stay with only one child.

I'm completely confused. First I'm married doing that is infidelity, sencondly, the uncle was like a father to me before his death. And I see it as a big sin.

Please somebody should help me, what do I do here? How do I handle this issue? Thanks for your candid advice.
my advice is if you have to do it, let it be through artificial insermination. but no matter what, don't have sex with her.
Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 22, 2020
Legislator:
[b][/b]For her to be suggesting such
That her only child might not even be your uncles lipsrsealed

Get a life. This does not speak well of you as an adult.
Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by Kubernetes: 9:52pm On May 22, 2020
clintz:
In the Bible book of genesis 38 God kill Onan for refusing to impregnate his late brothers wife. Nigerian Christians and hypocrisy we select only what we think is right in the Bible.

I again looked at Genesis 38 V 8-10.
I couldn't believe that was in the.
Bible.
Is that verse for real?

1 Like

Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by lawrenzooo: 9:52pm On May 22, 2020
If you are financial buoyant you for IVF with her and be the sperm donor. My thought anyway.
Modesthy:
I had a good uncle who passed away three years ago. His wife morned him for one year. I lived with that my uncle until I got married and parked to my own house.

I use to visit the house sometimes. After the mourning, his wife called me and told me that I should give her more children. She has only one male child. I refused. But She said I should do it for her because she doesn't want children outside the family because she loved my uncle and our family and that she can't continue to stay with only one child.

I'm completely confused. First I'm married doing that is infidelity, sencondly, the uncle was like a father to me before his death. And I see it as a big sin.

Please somebody should help me, what do I do here? How do I handle this issue? Thanks for your candid advice.
Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by Deloo: 9:52pm On May 22, 2020
Don't do it o, the dead and his colleagues Will not forgive you o. The implications are God forbids, you might end up like your uncle cos what goes around comes around "law of carmmer", no 2 bad luck, no 3 bad dream for sleeping with the wife of the dead illegally.
Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 22, 2020
saintneo:

IVF option. Donate sperm via fertility clinic with your wife's consent.
He won't do that.
Rather he want to dive into free pusssy.

If the woman didn't conceive after one yr, he will continue till whenever.

Want free access to that pussssy but is feeling guilty.

1 Like

Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by Halo22: 9:53pm On May 22, 2020
Hmmmm. This is really a critical case, but that depends on the custom of ur people. For the woman to make such request, it shows she has good plans for ur uncle's lineage cos only son doesn't guarantee continuous existence of the man's name as anything can happen to him, and the woman could be sonless. However, if she would not hold u to ransome in future over such affair, I think u can help her out on a well outlined condition.

1 Like

Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by RuggedSniper: 9:53pm On May 22, 2020
Ohizman73:
Did he say he was disturbing the woman or did you not follow up the tread .his wife has no say or authority over this issue .that is why ibo people take marriage seriously and have great influence on whom their wards want to marry and lace of origin. There are reasons for all these, it is when things start happening that it now becomes a case of oh, if I had listened or known. A non ibo woman marring an ibo is bounded by their traditions and must comply. If she knows she is not liable to be bounded she should not marry the man. In ibo land it is the mans family she marries.then in the event of default, matters are directed to the elders.the odd the man has brought to the table is a clear and simple matter, it is nothing new. Then I had earlier asked him since he stayed with them what happened that the woman had no child between the time interval of 12 years. Then the woman is being tactical to avoid a situation whereby a hasty decision is passed on her by the elders to force any member of their brother on her.the woman is now between the devil and the blue sea. That is part of the travails of an Afro woman in losing her husband.
Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 22, 2020
JustAboyy:

From his tone it's obvious he's shagging the wife. They are now torn on whether to get pregnant for him or not, that's what brought him here.

It is obvious...
Smart u.
U see what is going on here.
Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by Stomoney(m): 9:54pm On May 22, 2020
This is proper in Yoruba land once the whole family is aware of it. You know what is good for you bro

1 Like

Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by dozies: 9:54pm On May 22, 2020
OP which is your tribe. Even as a Christian though in thenold testament the bible permits you to marry the widow from your lineage to raise ofsprings for your dead brothers and uncles. Since this request is coming from your uncles widow, if you don't oblige her it will be counted as high level selfishness and wickedness from your part. What do you expect the young widow to do? Spread her legs to outsiders when you are there and you call your self a man.! Please do the needful for your Uncle and your family

4 Likes

Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by LovelyDude(m): 9:56pm On May 22, 2020
Modesthy:

You can do it and there's no sin in it, in Yoruba culture and in Hebrew culture when a woman's husband dies she is given as wife to another one of his relatives so you are keeping an ancient tradition and by giving her children fulfilling your rightful duties so long as the man is older than you, if he's younger then you can't do it. So-called civilization have taken away a good part of our culture. Do it and produce seed for your uncle.

1 Like

Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by wiseoneking: 9:56pm On May 22, 2020
Modesthy:

I'm Igbo and 37 years. She is 42 and her son is 12 years while my uncle was 51 years when he died.
is this your latest achievement and does it worth it? who cares whether you are igbo or Hausa. Wrong is wrong and surely the effects will bomarang either in your life or after.

1 Like

Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by 12inchess: 9:56pm On May 22, 2020
This was common in the old testament in the bible. And was record severally And it was a sin or dishonorable not to do it. Christianity doesn't practice this anymore but we still pay tithe. Men of God why?
Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 22, 2020
henryelfhel:
in Igbo tradition it's allow unless you don't like the woman she may choose another husband's relative. She is wise to have come to you.

Which tradition?

1 Like

Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by ultimateprof: 9:58pm On May 22, 2020
clintz:

According tradition and culture including the Holy Bible its not a bad thing to help her out because she is even honest by not wanting to pollute your lineage with unknown blood, forget about those who are suggesting several things without proper knowledge of tradition.

To be honest I will like you to consider her request because it is not wrong biblically.
Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by LovelyDude(m): 9:58pm On May 22, 2020
Deloo:
Don't do it o, the dead and his colleagues Will not forgive you o. The implications are God forbids, you might end up like your uncle cos what goes around comes around "law of carmmer", no 2 bad luck, no 3 bad dream for sleeping with the wife of the dead illegally.
You don't know the Bible at all so shut up. The dead can do him no harm and what he's about to do is to produce seed for his uncle, read your bible well and see it's no sin.

2 Likes

Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 22, 2020
mrblessed:
This is one of the damages European culture and Christianity has done to the Igbo culture. In the past, our ancestors have a way of tackling this challenge to ensure that the woman won't become promiscuous or bring in a child with paternity question marks. Yes, brothers do inherit wives of their departed brothers, and can procreate if and where necessary.

Sadly, our world has been turned upside down and a new culture has taken precedence. Yet some practices of the old still hold sway, like marrying more than one wife and spousal inheritance. You have two options here: either you step up and perform your family duty, or you permit her to look and satisfy herself outside, which includes the possibility of birthing a child.
Shut up
Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by dozies: 9:59pm On May 22, 2020
OP traditionally it's your right to do what she is asking you to do and it shall not be counted as a sin. If you are truly a christian. Remember the case of Ruth in the Bible. Infact it shall be counted against you as selfishness and wickedness. You don't really love that your uncle

1 Like

Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by Lightman300(m): 10:00pm On May 22, 2020
clintz:

Not true Sir/Ma.
Onan was killed for his act of wickedness.
It was allowed for a man (also called kinsman) related to another man who died without producing an offspring through his lawfully wedded wife to go into the woman and produce offspring on the behalf of the dead relative.
This was of course not a willy-nilly (not do or die).It was volitional.Read Ruth 3-4, on the case of Boaz and Ruth.
In the case of Onan,he spilled the seeds,aka sperm ,on the floor at the moment of ejaculation.This was deliberately an attempt not to produce seeds or children for his dead brother.
The Owner of all spirits reckoned that to be wickedness, and Onan was slain.
Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 22, 2020
Lionessza6:
Don't complicate your life,respect your wife & your marriage, and you shall have peace of mind. What she is suggesting does happen in some cultures, but the woman usually talks to the elders 1st,and they are the ones that will recommend her the right* sperm donor in the family. What she is doing is creepy,sneaky and suspicious. One is left to think she was lusting over you all this while,& your uncle was a deterrent cry. Maybe she wants a younger man to awaken her senses wink,and her need for another child is just an excuse to lure you into her web of deceit. Becareful with such people.

The woman just wants to have a better hold on her late husband’s property.
Even though she has a child, it doesn’t stop the husband’s family from stripping her off everything....because it is believed that once she remarries.... the properties are technically out of the family since she will take a new man’s name... with Modesthy, she can claim she’s still a “wife”...in that family
The OP is a means to a bigger end....not a 10minute ecstasy

1 Like

Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by Perfecttouchade: 10:01pm On May 22, 2020
Run with all your strength, it will destroy u and damage everything that u have built...For your Aluminium windows(Casement & casement burglary embedded), Sliding, Projected)doors(frameless doors), partitioning with Perfect Touch. whatsapp 08153665659. email: perfecttouchaluminium2012@yahoo.com https:///2348153665659✴️

Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by Okoroawusa: 10:01pm On May 22, 2020
Help the poor woman out if you can. If you can't you tell her you can't.

I don't know if you r Igbo but the Igbo tradition allows you to father children for her even if u don't end up marrying her.

She wants to keep the blood in the family. She doesn't want to bring outside blood for your family which she is also entitled to do.

In Igbo culture you can't refuse a widow from getting pregnant if she so wishes

2 Likes

Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by odinga1of: 10:02pm On May 22, 2020
Modesthy:

Yes my uncle suffered sickness for some years before his death. May that was the reason. Whose fault it was I don't really know because I didn't discuss anything like that with any of them.

OP listen to Ohizman73 ( the guy is saying something easonabrea.)
Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by Legislator: 10:03pm On May 22, 2020
Eulalia:

Get a life. This does not speak well of you as an adult.
What’s wrong with what I said?
Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by olancho: 10:06pm On May 22, 2020
Igbo tradition and culture, if you pregnant her she automatically becomes your wife and the children becomes your children except the one she had for your uncle. The woman is morally sound because she doesn't want to go outside and bring in children to the family. If she get pregnant outside it is still your uncle's children forget that he is late. In Igbo culture concubine doesn't claim children. It is very hard for a widow to remarry in Igbo land. Tell her that you are not interested if you don't want her because if you mention it to the elders of your family guy u don' get second wife be that.

1 Like

Re: My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me by Okoroawusa: 10:06pm On May 22, 2020
Lightman300:

Not true Sir/Ma.
Onan was killed for his act of wickedness.
It was allowed for a man (also called kinsman) related to another man who died without producing an offspring through his lawfully wedded wife to go into the woman and produce offspring on the behalf of the dead relative.
This was of course not a willy-nilly (not do or die).It was volitional.Read Ruth 3-4, on the case of Boaz and Ruth.
In the case of Onan,he spilled the seeds,aka sperm ,on the floor at the moment of ejaculation.This was deliberately an attempt not to produce seeds or children for his dead brother.
The Owner of all spirits reckoned that to be wickedness, and Onan was slain.
U r still emphasizing his point

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) / Caught In The Web Of Affairs With My Wife's Friend / Mother And Her 2 Teenage Twin Daughters Pregnant For One Man (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.