Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes (36749 Views)

Governor Ayade's Aide Claims Venue Of PDP Rally In Calabar Was Empty (Video) / Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown / Motorcyclists Break Into Governor Ayade's Office, Dump Corpse Of Colleague There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Kosiso12(f): 8:08am On May 22, 2020
" I'm Ready To Be Poor For Cross Riverians To Be Rich" Gov. Ayade Cries, Abolishes Tax

In a bid to reposition the economy of Cross River State following the dreaded Coronavirus pandemic, the state governor, Prof. Ben Ayade has announced tax exemption for low income owners including okada and taxi riders, food vendors popularly known as mama put, small barbing shop owners, farmers, hotels with less than 50 rooms and others, Igbere TV reports.

The governor who struggled to hold his emotion said if God should take all he has to make the people of the State rich, he and his family can sacrifice it all.

In a video obtained by Igbere TV, the governor expressed dissatisfaction that despite instructions from his office that tax officials should not collect tax from petty traders, it is observed in the breach.

He said his dream for the state when he took over as governor has not been fully actualised, maintaining that it has not met his expectation.

He wondered why people who are struggling to make living for themselves without government's assistance should be asked to pay tax even with the growing economic downturn, calling on the people to report harassment from tax authorities to the newly inaugurated Anti Tax Agency in the state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9XfPGR58ZQ

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1352223/im-ready-poor-cross-riverians-rich-gov-ayade-cries-abolishes-tax/

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by oz4real83(m): 8:09am On May 22, 2020
What about security votes? Do you still collect them? All the unnecessary allowances, are they still being collected? All these need to go too ooo if u are really serious.

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by successmatters(m): 8:10am On May 22, 2020
Trending

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Nobody: 8:13am On May 22, 2020
Hmn what a rare species grin

Action speaks louder than words. undecided

he should go ahead and flag his words with actions. cool

101 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Nobody: 8:13am On May 22, 2020
I'll tell you guys something below, please don't ignore

DO NOT TAKE THIS GOVERNOR SERIOUSLY.
BY NEXT WEEK, THIS NEW AGENCY WILL BE REDUNDANT AND TAXATION WILL RESUME.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Davash222(m): 8:13am On May 22, 2020
Nigeria politicians and their careless talk!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by sholatech(m): 8:19am On May 22, 2020
Seems he is playing to the gallery.

Why can't he just enforce non-collection of tax from the poor based on the existing agency?

Why a new agency? Not even a temporary enforcement committee or tax force?

Maybe CR is different, generally the category of those he listed rarely pay taxes except Local Govt fines.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Nobody: 8:37am On May 22, 2020
" I'm Ready To Be Poor For Cross Riverians To Be Rich"
Gov Ayade. lol

I can confidently bet my left balls on the fact, this bros is Lying grin

139 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by STREETSAN(m): 8:44am On May 22, 2020
Hmm wink

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by imohchard(m): 8:45am On May 22, 2020
Lol
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Trustme2(m): 8:45am On May 22, 2020
All to trend and shift attention from Corona.
Take these politicians serious at your peril. They say something and do something completely opposite.
He's still taking training from Sen. Dino Melaye the cry cry Senator

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:45am On May 22, 2020
sonwolu left the chat grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by ForeThinker: 8:45am On May 22, 2020

To be kind is more important than to be right. Many times, what people need is not a brilliant mind that speaks but a special heart that listens.

❤️

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Untainted007: 8:45am On May 22, 2020
I hope he will inform the NURTW units there and all those people disturbing Okada riders for one ticket on the other. He has good intention but talk is cheap most times to our politicians.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by obembet(f): 8:46am On May 22, 2020
I don't like politicians Even My dad is one of them

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by teamderailers: 8:46am On May 22, 2020
Talk is cheap jare
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by NaijaOlosho(f): 8:46am On May 22, 2020
grin

Do you know why I love this pandemic era ??

It has a way of resetting peoples brain cheesy

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by zoedew: 8:46am On May 22, 2020
He must think big. The wise will utilise the tax holiday while it lasts!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:47am On May 22, 2020
So emotional
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by lloyds(m): 8:47am On May 22, 2020
Nonsense.

He should.go and sell all his crooked earned money and give it to the poor. If he means it.

Crocodile tears.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Cedarfarms: 8:47am On May 22, 2020
Seems Nigerians no like sincerity, at least the man regrets his actions and is trying to make amends.

Methinks other governors should emulate him including the man in aso rock, cause these are hard times any effort to alleviate suffering is welcomed.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Hotfreeze: 8:47am On May 22, 2020
Professor Ayade
Dr. Ikpeazu

You see those 2 people, I wonder who they would have been if they weren't educated cos as educated as they are, they are not providing sensible leadership.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by TroubleMaker47(m): 8:47am On May 22, 2020
Script

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Icebreeze(m): 8:47am On May 22, 2020
cheesy
Why shedding tears � when you know what needs to be done.
Tears will never change the situation neither will it make things better.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by BabaO2: 8:47am On May 22, 2020
The guy is the best governor so far to me:
1. Mechanised + modern farming
2. Tax waivers for the low class people

16 Likes

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by RoiTV2020: 8:47am On May 22, 2020
Take Ayade serious at your own peril. He just wants to trend on this. This Governor you seeing right here is a trailer load of Scam and Scum.

Ayade wey say him go pay 8000 youths money admist this pandemic, yet, nothing. He is always on the news making beautiful promises to the admiration of Nigerians from other states, but trust me, he does non. He isn't a Talk and Do! Rather, Talk and scam.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by wisdomiskey(m): 8:47am On May 22, 2020
"Prof. Ben Ayade has announced tax exemption for low income owners including okada and taxi riders, food vendors popularly known as mama put, small barbing shop owners, farmers, hotels with less than 50 rooms and others, Igbere TV reports."

LOL.

Dem dey pay tax before!? cheesy

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by JamiuKabir: 8:48am On May 22, 2020
Over to Tiefnubu of Lagos

5 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? / Femi Adesina To Nigerians: ‘go And Fight Pipeline Vandals If You Want Electricit / Video Of Soldiers Shooting At Civilians In Awgu, Enugu Is Propaganda - Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.