Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes (36750 Views)

Governor Ayade's Aide Claims Venue Of PDP Rally In Calabar Was Empty (Video) / Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown / Motorcyclists Break Into Governor Ayade's Office, Dump Corpse Of Colleague There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by glowingflame7: 11:31am On May 22, 2020
Cross Rivers state budget under Prof. Ayade.

2016- budget of 'Deep Vision'.
2017- budget of 'Infinite Transposition'.
2018- budget of 'Kinetic Crystallization'.
2019- budget of 'Qabalistic Densification'.
2020- budget of Olimpotic Meristemasis’.

Professor Ayade should never be taken serious for his words.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Obec70(m): 11:37am On May 22, 2020
Hope it becomes a reality! What about the agboros and pit collectors? Let not Obiano's April & may Waver transporters that was more of audio instruction cos nothing is happening as talking to you now agboros and so called IGR collectors can do/go at any length to achieve their target even shading blood!
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by patrickmuf(m): 11:39am On May 22, 2020
BabaO2:
The guy is the best governor so far to me:
1. Mechanised + modern farming
2. Tax waivers for the low class people
I am from Cross River State and stay in Calabar, don't be deceived, he is simply playing to the gallery.
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by oz4real83(m): 11:45am On May 22, 2020
jaoniy2k:

Appreciate that little sacrifice he made, am telling you this is the first of his kind, the extortion of the masses is to the death, this kind of gesture is rare in Nigeria and should be applauded.
He has spent 5 years. Is he just realising it? Are u aware that the Cross river state's governor is a typical average Nigerian politician who does things just for the camera? Have u been to calabar? Go and ask an average calabar person about the governor and you will be weak about people's opinion about him. Many people still praise and rate Donald Duke far far ahead of him.
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Gepheral: 11:46am On May 22, 2020
Nothing you go do wey people no go talk.. Tax dey people go talk oga remove tax people still dey talk na why Me no dey send people mouth.
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by BarrackGhost(m): 11:58am On May 22, 2020
Coming from the same Governor who refused to pay me the #500,000 promised as the Overall Best Corps Member in 2017.

This guy is a professor of noise...
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Nobody: 11:59am On May 22, 2020
Please you dare not compare Ayade with that good for nothing Ikpeazu, you are insulting Ayade. You are just comparing Toyota Camry 2020 with keke tricycle.
Hotfreeze:
Professor Ayade
Dr. Ikpeazu

You see those 2 people, I wonder who they would have been if they weren't educated cos as educated as they are, they are not providing sensible leadership.
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Eteka1(m): 12:03pm On May 22, 2020
Seenyo:
Wow!.....a nigerian politician with conscience?....i'm shocked!

I saw similar traits in buhari (pre-2015 elections) but he turned out to be the worst, heartless, self-serving scum i ever WASTED my vote on!
TIMES AND CIRCUMSTANCES THAT Governor Benedict Ayade CRIED WITHOUT DOING WHAT HE CRIED OVER....

1. In August 2016, Governor Ayade visited Bakassi and cried after seeing the conditions that some returnees lived in. He made an instant donation of N3million. He was accompanied by a representative of the Mayor of Dortmund, Fuss Friedrich whom he said will build free houses for the returnees. He had introduced the man who followed him as the Mayor but it turned out he was "lying."

2. Again in March 2017, during the courtesy visit of the National Commissioner of the National Commission for Migrants, Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons, Hajia Sadiya Farouk in the government house, Governor Ayade cried over the status of the Bakassi returnees. He wept and vowed to do everything he can to resettle the people of Bakassi and called on government not to neglect them. I don't know whether the people of Bakassi have been resettled after that crying.

3. April 10, 2018, Governor Ayade also broke down in tears at the conference room of the government house when he asked his aide on Religious Affairs, Rev. Fr. Bob Etta to pray while signing the NGN1.3 trillion budget of Kinetic Crystallization into law. He cried also because he said the budget was going to de-couple the State from federal allocation and lift the poor out of poverty.

ALSO KNOW THAT....

17 January 2017, Governor Ayade announced the abolition of all forms of taxation for low-income earners in Cross River state. The Chief Press Secretary to the Governor and Senior Special Assistant Media, Mr. Christian Ita, in a press statement said those affected by the tax exemption are people earning below N50, 000 monthly, taxi, tricycle, wheel barrows, and motor cycle operators as well as petty traders and hoteliers.

He said Governor Ben Ayade, who gave the order after signing the 2017 appropriation bill of N707 billion, had reiterated the need to provide some economic reliefs to low income earners in the state with regards to taxes.

Ayade, after signing the budget had warned that: “I am sounding the last warning that henceforth I don’t want to hear anyone who earns less than N50, 000 a month being taxed in any form in the state....In the same vein, I don’t want to see a hotel that is struggling to survive with challenges of diesels being chased by government officials over taxes. I have warned anybody, who is still collecting money from these people to stop forthwith…I have seen poverty in my personal life and I know what that small N2, 000 means to them..

WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY?

Yesterday, he repeated almost the same words he spewed in 2017 verbatim and cried again and the gullible are already crying along with him..

He's just a good and amazing script player my dear people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by TheLasyBuddha: 12:07pm On May 22, 2020
Scam!

We wey dey Cross River know sey he has a degree in pulling publicity stunt.
He constituted an anti-tax force to go after his own tax force he has littered on the streets of Cross River.
Where is the money realised from tax go? CRS Govt, which he is in charge of.
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Kriskal(m): 12:13pm On May 22, 2020
iamadonis2:
I'll tell you guys something below, please don't ignore

DO NOT TAKE THIS GOVERNOR SERIOUSLY.
BY NEXT WEEK, THIS NEW AGENCY WILL BE REDUNDANT AND TAXATION WILL RESUME.
Anybody that takes this man serious is on his own, before this man came into office as a taxi driver that i was then we pay #250 as daily tax but they are now paying #550. in 2015 when he came into power he said the same thing but he couldn't keep to his words, is it now that he will? we are use to his lies. pls don't take him serious.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 22, 2020
Eteka1:
TIMES AND CIRCUMSTANCES THAT Governor Benedict Ayade CRIED WITHOUT DOING WHAT HE CRIED OVER....

1. In August 2016, Governor Ayade visited Bakassi and cried after seeing the conditions that some returnees lived in. He made an instant donation of N3million. He was accompanied by a representative of the Mayor of Dortmund, Fuss Friedrich whom he said will build free houses for the returnees. He had introduced the man who followed him as the Mayor but it turned out he was "lying."

2. Again in March 2017, during the courtesy visit of the National Commissioner of the National Commission for Migrants, Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons, Hajia Sadiya Farouk in the government house, Governor Ayade cried over the status of the Bakassi returnees. He wept and vowed to do everything he can to resettle the people of Bakassi and called on government not to neglect them. I don't know whether the people of Bakassi have been resettled after that crying.

3. April 10, 2018, Governor Ayade also broke down in tears at the conference room of the government house when he asked his aide on Religious Affairs, Rev. Fr. Bob Etta to pray while signing the NGN1.3 trillion budget of Kinetic Crystallization into law. He cried also because he said the budget was going to de-couple the State from federal allocation and lift the poor out of poverty.

ALSO KNOW THAT....

17 January 2017, Governor Ayade announced the abolition of all forms of taxation for low-income earners in Cross River state. The Chief Press Secretary to the Governor and Senior Special Assistant Media, Mr. Christian Ita, in a press statement said those affected by the tax exemption are people earning below N50, 000 monthly, taxi, tricycle, wheel barrows, and motor cycle operators as well as petty traders and hoteliers.

He said Governor Ben Ayade, who gave the order after signing the 2017 appropriation bill of N707 billion, had reiterated the need to provide some economic reliefs to low income earners in the state with regards to taxes.

Ayade, after signing the budget had warned that: “I am sounding the last warning that henceforth I don’t want to hear anyone who earns less than N50, 000 a month being taxed in any form in the state....In the same vein, I don’t want to see a hotel that is struggling to survive with challenges of diesels being chased by government officials over taxes. I have warned anybody, who is still collecting money from these people to stop forthwith…I have seen poverty in my personal life and I know what that small N2, 000 means to them..

WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY?

Yesterday, he repeated almost the same words he spewed in 2017 verbatim and cried again and the gullible are already crying along with him..

He's just a good and amazing script player my dear people.
thanks for the indepth clarification, nigerian rulers are SAME bunch of heartless, self-serving crooks!
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 22, 2020
Kriskal:

Anybody that takes this man serious is on his own, before this man came into office as a taxi driver that i was then we pay #250 as daily tax but they are now paying #550. in 2015 when he came into power he said the same thing but he couldn't keep to his words, is it now that he will? we are use to his lies. pls don't take him serious.

I wonder why he can't take the Buhari approach to stop talking in Public
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Kriskal(m): 12:37pm On May 22, 2020
Seenyo:

thanks for the indepth clarification, nigerian rulers are SAME bunch of heartless, self-serving crooks!

very true, when this yeye governor go smoke e nonsense finish e go com the cry like baby. we already know him. this governor is the worst thing that has happened to cross river state .

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 22, 2020
Seenyo:

Na lie, Bros. I de Cross River so I can tell you Ayade na scam on a whole higher level.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Kriskal(m): 12:47pm On May 22, 2020
BabaO2:
The guy is the best governor so far to me:
1. Mechanised + modern farming
2. Tax waivers for the low class people
come and see it for yourself, all those things u are hearing are lies, don't buy into his lies. i stay here in cross river state. he has paid ChannelsTV and AIT to sell those lies to the rest of the world.
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 22, 2020
Kriskal:

very true, when this yeye governor go smoke e nonsense finish e go com the cry like baby. we already know him. this governor is the worst thing that has happened to cross river state .
i feel u bro! Buhari used same format pre 2015 elections to get my vote. They are all rogues!
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 22, 2020
Sanwoolu, you are not doing us any favour....
Taxing cart pusher, Alabaru, pepper seller, hawkers, shoemaker, okada rider, etc is a thing of conscience.

Sanwoolu, Your IGR is 10x bigger than cross river IGR... Stop collecting money from the poor and less-privileged to enrich your god-fathers and some corrupt -politicians
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 22, 2020
iamadonis2:

Na lie, Bros. I de Cross River so I can tell you Ayade na scam on a whole higher level.
i feel you bro!...buhari scammed me with same format pre 2015 elections!

They are all bunch of cunny, self-serving crooks!

1 Like

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by TruthHurts100: 12:56pm On May 22, 2020
Scam
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Deputy1111(m): 1:26pm On May 22, 2020
humilitypays:
While Lagos Ministry of Transport unleashed their Task Force Agberos to be chasing and seizing delivery bikes of small scale delivery business owners, asking them to pay NGN1,000,000 registration fee to obtain a useless license!

Osinbajo that always claim he is working to make doing business in Nigeria easy for Nigerians should call Governor Sanwo-Olu and his Commissioner to order asap to avoid throwing these small delivery companies out of business!
Some can be funny sa, calling Osinbajo to okada matter in Lagos. I beg direct your question to the right channel, let Osinbajo have some rest biko
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by okefrancis: 1:29pm On May 22, 2020
humilitypays:
While Lagos Ministry of Transport unleashed their Task Force Agberos to be chasing and seizing delivery bikes of small scale delivery business owners, asking them to pay NGN1,000,000 registration fee to obtain a useless license!

Osinbajo that always claim he is working to make doing business in Nigeria easy for Nigerians should call Governor Sanwo-Olu and his Commissioner to order asap to avoid throwing these small delivery companies out of business!
So you want vice president to call � sanwo olu, things are not done in that way guy
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by TheRareGem1(f): 1:29pm On May 22, 2020
Are you for real? Why not call the VP for your family matter too. Misplaced channel of communication. I don't know how some people think with their low thinking faculties

humilitypays:

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by anfasa3: 1:54pm On May 22, 2020
Lagos State need to do same. Collecting daily money from petty traders all in the name of local government got to stop.
Hawkers at Oshodi, trade fair, streets in Lagos State are given ticket on a daily basis before they are allowed to hawk.
Mr Governor, please see to the
unnecessary burden on Lagosians.
You guys don't help the ordinary man, so, don't compound their problems.
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 22, 2020
SpecialAgent:

" I'm Ready To Be Poor For Cross Riverians To Be Rich"
Gov Ayade. lol

I can confidently bet my left balls on the fact, this bros is Lying grin
Nairaland go chop you left ball abi na balls grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Kris4luv(m): 2:24pm On May 22, 2020
Leave that scam called Ayade. If you know anybody in Calabar, call the person and ask what 100 marian does to taxi drivers and keke napep riders. even till tommorow taxi drivers and keke operators are still buying daily tickets
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by Kris4luv(m): 2:28pm On May 22, 2020
SpecialAgent:

" I'm Ready To Be Poor For Cross Riverians To Be Rich"
Gov Ayade. lol

I can confidently bet my left balls on the fact, this bros is Lying grin
He is ready to be poor for Cross riverians to be rich yet he added 3000 naira to civil servants from level 8 and above as minimum wage. I for say make God punish am but for one thing

1 Like

Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by humilitypays(m): 2:43pm On May 22, 2020
Deputy1111:
Some can be funny sa, calling Osinbajo to okada matter in Lagos. I beg direct your question to the right channel, let Osinbajo have some rest biko
From the comments I have seen so far responding to my earlier comments, it shows Nigeria have no future nor hope.

How is the Vice President too big to help small scale businesses in his country grow You guys need to start following Donald Trump and other developed countries' presidents and Prime Ministers.

FYI, I am only a concerned Nigerian...I own no delivery business......I got to know about it from a guy I assist who works for a delivery company in Lagos and I made a search and verified what he said that Lagos State Ministry of Transport is asking these small scale delivery business owners to come and obtain license with N1,000,000 under this current global economy depression and post-pandemic that nations are making policies to make life and doing business easier for their citizens as they return back from lockdown

Honestly I am disappointed with the Nigerian youths on this forum, what a shame, I see no hope at all cry cry
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by paix(m): 2:47pm On May 22, 2020
obembet:

No.. Even My dad is a politician too..
You eat and sleep politics, yet you don't like politics and politicians?
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by mryes11: 2:49pm On May 22, 2020
It is well with him and the state. Good move
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by rowland545(m): 3:47pm On May 22, 2020
manduwem:

Check the state laws on taxation. Those people where never included to be taxed
that's a lie ...small business owners are always taxed everywhere in this country
Re: Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes by rowland545(m): 3:49pm On May 22, 2020
manduwem:

Check the state laws on taxation. Those people where never included to be taxed
I guess the will say its the governor bla bla bla...those are lies cultists tell there members just to make them feel they are untouchable from the government... They might use them to win elections but that doesn't mean they are members don't be deceived

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Femi Adesina To Nigerians: ‘go And Fight Pipeline Vandals If You Want Electricit / Video Of Soldiers Shooting At Civilians In Awgu, Enugu Is Propaganda - Army / Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.